gentleman.

So It Goes

BEAR WITH ME, I’M A GUY AND I’M HEALTHY. It’s true that I can’t stop thinking about the hot crop top, still. But I also can’t stop worrying about whether she’s still in a bad term with her head or not. These contradictive feelings make me feel obliged to ensure that she isn’t. Somehow.

I’m too hyped to sleep at the moment. So, I’ve decided to grab something she’s specifically mentioned before, in a certain 24-hours restaurant nearby.

At this rate, I’m a total dedicated, fresh, considerate, young, and not to mention, good-looking guy.

---

She’s laying with folded feet; knees are covering her stomach, one hand is hugging the feet and the other hand is on her head. Her eyes are both closed but it’s obvious that she still hasn’t figured it out yet.

“Hey.” I sit beside her and place her milk on the table. “Grabbed something you wanted.”

“In case you still want that, it’s kind of in front of you now,” I mutter.

She starts to open her eyes. “You actually bought the thing?” The corners of form a smile. “I’m in tears.” She snickers.

Her feet are trying to reach the milk—she’s attempting to use the big toes to hold it.

Come on. “That’s stupid.” I snatch it away then drop it on her stomach, gently.

She flashes a quick grin while straightening her back. “Wow thank you.” She murmurs.

I stare at her, drinking, totally doubt how this little amount of milk can dissolve that much alcohol in her body. Well, I was the witness for every alcohol she took today. “You really think it’s going to work?” I ask her.

She cracks the straw then tugs it in. “We’ll see.” She takes a few sips then holds the upper part of her head with both hands, while resting her elbows on her knees. A very devastated aura is written all over her face. “How do you feel?” I ask again, but this one is just a form of formality. I guess.

“Bad.” Her head tilts, eyes are closed. “You’re tired, like super tired, but you can’t sleep.”

“Do you probably have some stories to tell?“ She adds.

She turns to me with the now-scaring-me hazy eyes; much to my surprise... and pleasure.

“Uh....what stories?” I’m having a little breakdown inside.

“Anything.” She drops her head on the couch, then continues, “Like, your past girlfriends, why you broke up with them, or why you chose to stay with them; if you’re still together now—“

“I’ve said it, I haven’t dated before.” That’s the truth. Let’s say.

“Liar.” There’s a brief pause before she sighs. “Ok... maybe that’s weird to talk with some random person like me, especially since I’m a girl—”

“Then, how about why you never brought any towel with you?” She emits a slight snicker with pressed eyes, mocking a certain unknown thing in her head. “This one is stupid, I know. But that’s why I’m curious.”

“There’s no answer for that.” I frown. “But, if you wanna hear why I never dated before—” I lean on the couch, attempting to relax by looking at the ceilings. “Girls are annoying.”

“Isn’t it cliche? Boys are annoying, too, in our minds.” She mutters. “It’s not that I’m a dating expert or something. I only dated once, although there’s no hello or even goodbye in it—“ She sighs. She should stop dissing her own self.

“But the thing between two annoying people might be fun.” Her words resonate like a horn on my chest, right on the inner part. I wonder why; is it because she’s like drawing a line or because she’s obviously still thinking about the cheesy guy—after hearing her story, I’m positive that he is cheesy.

“Are you sure you haven’t loved anyone at all?” I bite my bottom lip; I’m really taken aback.

“Well, that’s.... isn’t that supposed to be privacy?” I stutter, while unconsciously rubbing my elbow with a hand. I’m trying to pacify myself over a tingling sensation—it’s currently rushing from my chest to my pelvic area, thighs, and feet.

“I mean, have you ever felt that you liked and also cared about someone?” She’s acting like a resting dracula; her eyes are closed but she’s awake.

That’s actually a relief. I assume that she must be very drunk, so I chuckle.

I probably should just take this one easy.

“Like how I care about my mom?” I reply.

“Seriously? How about, you like, care, and you feel you can’t live without her?”

I gulp to that—wonder why.

“I can’t live without my mom.”

“Fine. That’s cool, tho. And I can never relate to that.” She pauses. “But, are you..... that... to me?”

“I wonder, why did you randomly kiss me out of nowhere....”

I blink my eyes a few times. Have you forgotten that you started it? I think?

“I—“ I’m having a hard time proposing some proper excuse.

She murmurs, “Well, you shouldn’t.” Eh?

“I really wished you didn’t.” She adds. “And in the future, please don’t, at all.”

“There’s a huge difference between pity and love.” Her voice weakens. “Were you always this nice since you’re a kid?”

I’m about to reply but she cuts me, “You’re a great person, by the way.“

“I... I don’t get it.” I stutter.

I’m waiting for her next random mumblings, but she’s surprisingly stopped.

“Hey.” I turn to her, then sigh, because she’s just left the conversation—she’s fallen asleep.

“Glad she’s finally figured it out.” I flash my eyebrows.

Should I play the gentleman game? I’m referring to letting her use my bed—not that kind of use of course, although it’s cool if it is. Dang, it.

No, I’m good.

---

I put her on my bed carefully, trying to be as gentle as possible. Consider this as an honorable gift from me because she’s not that heavy this time—maybe because it’s my third time already.

“I probably have grown some great muscles now, thanks to you.” I smile.

My eyes wander from her toe to her head, as if I’m making sure that she’s fine—sleeping peacefully—then they stop on her face. “Seeing this without the non-stop talking, I find it weird.”

I’m actually starting to hear her talking in my head. She’s surely said a lot to me.

As I’m still looking on her face, I notice that both of her eyebrows have started furrowing.

If she’s having a bad dream then I’m seriously at fault. I was the one who made her having some sad flashbacks, right?

I lean closer then put my thumb and my index finger on her brows. I rub them slowly, to hopefully ease their tension. I saw my mom did that to my cousin before, and also to me very often.

After the brows are down, I caress her forehead. “Sleep well,” I whisper.