no tea.

So It Goes

THAT’S A HUGE TABLE. I’m seeing my classmates sitting around one table, which I find it weird that they all fit there. I don’t know if everyone is here yet, but some empty seats are available in sight, enough for me and Xiao Gui, so we just walk there.

“Ay, the last couple!” One of our classmates blurts as we come closer to them. “Let’s continue!”

I turn to the left and right, confused. “What continue?” I ask a friend beside me.

“Truth or Dare.” She says.

“Yes, but since some are lazy for dare, so it’s a Truth or Truth, instead. If one refuses to answer, one has to have a shot!” The class representative is like acting as the leader now.

I gulp, because I never drink in my life. I intended to try it after I graduate from high school, but since I didn’t, so—

“Let the bottle choose.” The leader spins the bottle in the middle of our table.

It won’t choose me, right. Come on, I’m no fun to be questioned at all.

It starts slowing down, seemingly wants to stop in front of me—so I scoot a bit. But, it stops on the girl beside me, instead.

“Who wants to ask the question?” The leader offers everyone.

“Me! I have a fun one.” A girl volunteers. “When was the last time you kiss?”

I look to the other side, mumble to myself, “They ask questions like this?”

“And with who?” Some guy blurts that.

“That’s not even one question.” I mumble very subtly, almost no sound produced.

The girl rubs the tip of her nose, then gulps. I feel you. It’s okay.

“Two days ago. With him.” She points at..... the leader!

I gasp, very widely.

They really play it like this?

Everyone is, of course, woo-ing these two, saying “I’m jealous!” and “Whoaa!” and others, with some girls are pouting and the guys are grinning like bunch of schizophrenics.

No offense to real schizophrenics. You’re more normal than these people.

I even have to manually close my mouth with my hand.

“When did it start?”

“Are you together now?”

“Who said it first?”

And stuff.

I’m lazy to keep following them. Isn’t this supposed to be privacy? I’m glad that my classmates are in a relationship. I just think that the adorable aspect disappears once everyone finds out about it. At least for me.

“Spin it again!” Says another girl.

So the girl beside me spins the bottle, and, again, I feel like it wants me.

Yep, this starts to get very toxic on me. I sound more and more self-consumed as if I think the world’s only circulating around me. But that’s exactly what I’m feeling in this short amount of time. Annoying, and also terrifying. My hands are literally shaking now.

And the bottle stops on Xiao Gui, instead.

No difference.

“Whooo fresh couple! Seems like we’re going to get the tea here.” That’s the leader, in a gossipy tone. What tea you’re expecting, though?

I recall he acted real shy and all that few seconds ago, because he was like... exposed. I’m amazed at how fast he recovers from that.

“Who wants to ask our Xiao Gui?” Everyone raises their hands. It’s fascinating how they act like they all own him. And that causes me unconsciously turn to him, furrowing my eyebrows, wondering about just how famous this guy is.

My eyes start darting around, brain cells are recalling that: his comment section flooded by tons of people, he talked so loud by himself in class, also he dared to laugh shamelessly at the canteen until we’re glared by everyone; summarized, he’s a total attention seeker. It makes sense that everyone’s so familiar with him.

I cancel the wondering.

“What’s the color of her underwear today?”

The both corners of my nose wrinkle in disgust—but not to my underwear. I’m glaring at the voice’s source.

I love every color and every pattern I have. I bought them myself. Most were actually hard to find so I take pride for that. I have many pairs with DC superheroes’ symbols; Flash’s bolt, Superman’s S, Batman’s bat, and more. Ok, this is pointless.

Underwear is still underwear. It’s worn under the clothes, which means that it should be a privacy. One should enjoy one's underwear by one's own self.

How dare you want to know mine.

“Great one, they seem to be living together.” People are nodding to this one. The ?

“I’m jealous. When will you ask me to move out?” A girl probably talks to her boyfriend.

I tap my forehead with my palm, shaking my head, pitying everyone’s way of thinking. Even if I look or act like this—although I’m not sure what I mean with “this”—but I’m innocent and pure, really. I was raised in a church.

I barely curse, right?

My brain cells are only a few. I can’t really remember. So sorry, if turned out I cursed very often.

“I don’t know.” Xiao Gui says while eye-smiling everyone. Glad, he’s playing dumb.

He doesn’t know what I wear today, right? Does the extreme-crop-top-which-looks-more-like-a-sport-bra count?

“Ahh.... boring.” Everyone is boo-ing us.

Just how quick their transition is.

“He’s telling the truth. Should I show you all myself?!” Realizing that I’m actually standing now, I cover my mouth and sit back, in instant.

I press my eyes shut, twitching the whole face, disgusted with how I’ve more likely infected by everyone’s idiocy.

Seriously, this is on yourself, douchebag.

“Let’s have her drink his shot!”

I squint.

That’s actually witty, but still. I’m mad at whoever you are.

“TAKE IT! TAKE IT! TAKE IT!” Everyone is so in unison for this.

With no much thinking, I just turn to Xiao Gui and start making a weird set of gesture with my fingers: I point at myself, make an X sign, then point at the huge glass, which means “I haven’t drink before”.

However, instead, he crinkles his forehead. He shakes his head while making the “I don’t know what you’re talking about” gesture.

For a brief second I press my eyes, then mouth this to him, “Drive me straight home after this.” This isn’t because I’m doubting myself. I never had any expectation about my alcohol tolerance at all, in fact. I just choose to think that I have the lowest one possible.

So I take the glass and drink it all at once.

Once I finish that, everyone starts clapping and cheering. I don’t know those are for the glass or me. Things have just turned grey.

I feel like a slight grumpiness is starting to rush from my head to my whole body. And it’s getting bigger. I think it totally shouldn’t, though. Since this is my first ever drinking experience, I should be happy, instead. Don’t you think?

I grab Xiao Gui’s shoulder. “Now. Please.” I mutter.

Does the alcohol cause me to have more of a girl’s hormone? I feel more like a girl than how I usually am—what I mean by that is related to being moody and stuff.

I walk out of there, leaving the table for some fresh air.

---

Is he stupid or something? I was clear that I want to go home.

Ok, he’s not my personal driver.

I manage to get out of the bar’s door, even my head’s started to feel very dizzy. I can’t walk straight without feeling like the world’s moving around.

I bring myself to sit somewhere in the corner of a random building.

Isn’t the girl in movies would do bizarre acts when she’s drunk? Should I try thinking about some angsty stuff to start with? Lol, no.

As I chuckle to my own thoughts, this head turns from dizzy into painfully-dizzy. I hug my feet and bury my head on the knees. It’s amazingly comfortable sitting like this.

“You’re like a mosquito.”

I’m lazy to bring my head up.

“Leaving so fast but then K.O. because of too much blood-drinking.”

“Lame analogy.” I murmur.

But it is lame.

“You’re talking normally, for a drunk person.”

I finally look up to the voice.

It’s too heavy to keep this head straight, so I face the source of the voice while resting the left side of my head on my knees. “Ask me things.” That's so out of nowhere.

“Huh?” He raises an eyebrow. “Head up.”

“Already.” I reply lazily.

“Put your head up. I’m putting this on your knees.” He’s holding his jacket. When did he take it off?

I hold my head up with all the energy I have left, to give him the space. I mumble, “Can I borrow your shoulder? It’s hurting me here.” I’m talking about my head.

He gently pushes my head to his shoulder. That ridiculously makes both of my feet want to rest themselves on him too. I feel like I’m finally turning into a girl tonight.

My interpretation of being a girl is weird. I know.

While still hugging my feet, I drop them gently onto his thighs. So I’m slightly side sitting on them.

I'll just wait until he scoots away. I mean, who would let me to "use" his body as this freely?

But even after a few while, he still doesn’t move.

“Thanks.” I mutter.

He flashes his eyebrows, as a you're welcome probably, then says, “So, can I ask you things?”

“Just try that. I’m curious with what I’ll say to you, anyway.”

“Just refrain from asking embarrassing things, or I’ll make you regret that.”

“You’re still scary even in this state."

I chuckle.

“Have you been drunk before?” I ask him.

“Yes. Why? You haven’t?”

“Kin of. So, were you fun or not?”

“Huh? I’m always a fun person.”

“When you’re drunk, I mean.”

“Depends on what you think about fun.”

“Wait, you should be the one asking me. Haha.” I say that in a lame flat tone.

“So, you want to tell me about your hand?”

“You're really curious about that? It’s possible that I’ll be very annoying.”

“You already are. Nothing to lose.”

I pinch his arm, but weakly. “Can’t I just go home now?”

“Is it that hard to tell me the story?”

I let out a sigh with a slight smirk.

“Okay....” He gently pushes my feet and my head off of him, then turns away, showing his back to me. “Hop on?”

I’m so lazy for that.

I still can talk because my mouth is fine, but my body isn't. I find it really hard to even move an inch.

“You want me to drag you?” But no dragging, duh.

“Wait a sec.” I mutter, while handing his jacket back to him.

I try supporting my body to stand up, by putting my palms on the wall, because I can't really feel my feet standing on the ground but floating.

My sight is also moving around as if I’m riding the thing I hate—in the amusement park. This gives me the idea of closing my eyes, to gain some balance for my body.

And, I fail.

But thank God, he got me.

“You’re good?” He asks me. “Listen, once I release my hands, I’ll lower my body, and you have to jump, ok?”

I nod.

As he kneels down, to offer his back again, I drop my body on it. I slowly linger his neck with my hands and his waist with my feet.

And in instant, he holds them, while standing up to start walking.

The girly feeling in me says that it’s soothing when he does any of these.

“Still don’t want to tell me yet?” Even I don’t say a thing, truthfully, I’ve already started thinking about that.