robinhood night.

So It Goes

THE SHIFT IS EXTRA TIRING TODAY. Apparently, the handmade-accessories bazaar day for the citizens nearby, is due today. There are a lot of sellers establishing booths along the street, selling their crafts at a more affordable price than conventional stores.

Will Xiao Gui be mad at me?

Tomorrow is the day of our Performance class mid-exam, and he specifically told me to rest today. But a work, is still a work.

---

I feel like the customers are still increasing until now; I’m scared that I’ll have to take another tablet after this.

No, I’ll never.

“Good evening, can I take your order?” I’m holding a PDA in front of my face, ready to note the customer’s order.

“Which one is the best-selling here?” I put my note down, then point at the black forest ice cream on the menu book. “This one our special, sir.” I look up him and—

“Xiao Xin!” Let me gasp for a second.

“So this is the shift you mentioned the other day?”

“Y-yeah. I’ve been working here for a while now.” I pause. “Are you probably here for the bazaar?”

He nods. “My sister’s birthday is coming up.” I wonder how the sister looks like, when the brother looks as this breathtaking. “I just want to check out the things here. She likes collecting accessories sometimes.”

“I see.”

“When does your shift end today?”

“In 1.5 hour, I guess.”

“Cool! Can you go with me to find the gift?”

“Huh?” I blink few times. “I really in choosing girl’s accessories. I’ll be no fun to shop with.”

First, I don’t like them. Second, I’m bad at lying. You'll see what I mean later.

“Pleease?” The Lin Yanjun is begging me, people. I even shiver to that.

“L-let’s just find another day, ok, which doesn’t require you to wait.”

“Come on, you haven’t noted my order, anyways. I’ll still have to wait for my ice cream, right?”

“Alright...”

---

After the one and a half hour passed, I didn’t notice any strange behavior of my hand. Thank God. Yanjun was still waiting for me, even after he already finished his ice cream an hour ago. So, I couldn’t and shouldn’t do anything other than accompany him.

“Sorry.”

He turns to me, “Why?”

“I have this important exam tomorrow, so, I’ll probably can’t stay for long.”

“It’s fine. I’ll be driving you home, ok?” He smiles. “Just tell me if it’s already the time.”

“Thanks, a lot. But—“

“No buts. I know there’s no bus after this.” Intellectual guy. I luv.

“You’re really cool as a person, by the way. Hope every gentleman standing is like this.” I mumble.

He hears that, and giggles a bit. “You’re going to make my head grow bigger with that.”

“Well, you’ll still look good then.” He ruffles my hair.

He stops at a booth that sells bright-colored stuff; flowers, pompoms and ribbons. I don’t do these kinds of stuff. But since he visits it, I just follow him.

“Hey, Xiao Xin!” He puts a pink ribbon hair clip on my hair. “Will she like it? What do you think?” He’s showing me his front camera as a mirror.

I bite my tongue while letting it out a little bit. I’m trying to stop my mouth from bluffing inappropriate things. “I don’t know....” I release the hair clip, then take a look at it. “Now that I’m holding it, it’s pretty. But when it’s on my head... I don’t know.”

I hand it back to him.

“Sorry, I told you I’m no fun in this.” I smile awkwardly.

He purses his lips.

Did I just upset the most angelic man on earth?

“Hmm...” That’s him.

“Let’s go somewhere that fits you, then.” He walks out of there, then starts scanning the area.

I wonder, why is he willing to find a gift for his sister on the street like this. I recall that his outfit is always all about expensive stuff. He’s the type that absolutely rides expensive car like Xiao Gui. Maybe this Lin Yanjun guy is just the really good version of a filthy rich guy in life.

He visits another booth—a gothic one, I would say, because the seller’s displaying all dark accessories. Maybe they do fit me in terms of vibe. Although I'm more to sporty things.

Wait, doesn’t this mean that he’s been viewing me as a goth girl all this time? Is it a good thing in this era? Because in my high school people were quite skeptical about goth things.

He’s picking things on a table, then suddenly walks to me. “This’ll look good on you.” He hands me a black choker, with a star pendant on the middle. It's a so go with the bizarre outfit from Xiao Gui.

“Are you sure?” I ask him, while putting it on my neck. I’m having a hard time closing the clip behind, so he helps me.

Ok... dear any murderous fan of him, please, unsee this.

“Try these too.” He hands me a set of bracelets, which again, totally a go with the outfit.

“Whoa, thanks!“ I’m putting them on my left wrist. “I’ll surely wear these tomorrow.”

And just in time, suddenly my phone rings. Xiao Gui is calling me.

I squint, while answering it. “What.” In a flat tone.

“Yoo ugly! This is only a test call yet you answer it.”

“Ugh. I’m hanging up—“

“Wait, what is that sound? You’re outside??"

“None of your business.”

“WE ING HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT EXAM TOMORROW!!#@%& YOU'VE SERIOUSLY FORGOTTEN THAT, ALREADY??!” I put my phone away, because it sounds like it’s on the loud speaker mode.

“GO BACK OR I’LL ING HAUNT YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!!” I just hang up then drop it straight into my bag. “He’s even wilder on the phone.” I murmur.

“So tomorrow is your performance exam?”

“Yep. Sorry that you had to hear his stupid scream just now.”

He chuckles.

“When’ll you two perform?”

“Probably 4 pm, or later.”

“Can I come?”

“I don’t think others are allowed to watch this stage? Because this is like the try-out one.”

“Well... they said the same thing every year. Last year I actually went to watch my friend’s, and it’s fine. Maybe what they meant by others were those outside the campus.”

“I see.” I wet my lips. “But, bare with me if I look like a noob there. Let’s say, I’ve just reborn from a really long hiatus before applying to our university. I'm sorry, in advance."

“I don’t buy any of that, though. But chill!! I’ll cheer for you guys no matter what!”

“I’m also sorry... that because of my weird thing for the bright accessories, then my exam, you couldn’t find the gift properly.”

“But I managed to gift something to another great sis, though.” He grins to me.