Chapter 12

Love, Jennie.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You can't view this profile. It was the words showing on Mino's phone screen. Jennie had blocked his Instagram account. He couldn't view her profile and what's worse is that he couldn't delete the messages he had sent her last night. Good job, Mino. You've successfully ruined everything. You ruined her. Heaving a deep sigh, he tossed his phone to the side and closed his eyes. I'm sorry, Jennie. His mind screamed forgiveness, his heart dying of guilt. He wanted to see her, he wanted to hug her and tell her he's sorry but how? She wouldn't talk to him after what he's done. She would never talk to him again --- that's their deal after all. "Good job." He said, getting off from bed to do his usual morning routine. He couldn't help thinking if the girl was here, there would be breakfast served already. Delicious breakfast cooked especially for him. He opened the fridge and his eyes scan for something to eat. Taking a piece of banana and a box of fresh milk, he noted to drop by at the grocery before the end of the week. He placed the items on the table, occupying the seat he had taken when the girl slept-over. If she was here right now, he bet she'll be happily watching him eat the eggs and bacon she prepared for the two of them.

Mino didn't have the appetite to eat his breakfast. How can he when he couldn't stop thinking that Jennie probably is crying because of him at this moment. Oh, he wishes she is fine. He made a mental note to talk to her in school and he will explain to her that he didn't mean all those words he said last night. Woah, Mino. What is wrong with you? Never forget, she's your student now. There's no need to explain to her! This is what you wanted from the start, right? His mind shouted at him and he knew he needed to stop whatever he's starting to feel. What is this feeling? The need to see her, to reassure her... To ask for forgiveness and to make sure that she's 100% okay. Is he crushing on her? No. No, I'm not. I can't. I must not. But... If I wanted to get rid of her before... Now? It hurts that she's ignoring me. It hurts that she's doing her part of the deal. It hurts. A lot. I need to apologize to her. Not because I like her, but because I wanted to... Befriend her. Yep. Just friends, nothing more. He tried convincing a part of himself. He doesn't like her the way couples do like each other, but he just wants to be friends with her. 'Cause hey, what's not to like about her? All these years, it was just now that he realized Jennie is beautiful --- well, obviously, but at random times he gets to see her smile, it makes his heart... Flutter. She's beautiful with or without make-up. For him, her smile is her most precious accessory. She's also fun to be with. He couldn't remember any dull moment with her. She never runs out of things to say and when she speaks, it has the sense to it. She's sweet. Never did he imagined someone would get up on stage and dedicate a song just for him. That someone would spend time composing a song for him. Man, he messed it up big time, huh. All of that, all gone now. There won't be a schoolgirl knocking on the door of his room inside the faculty office to bring him freshly baked treats and letters. There won't be a schoolgirl who would fangirl all over him. A schoolgirl who would even get into a fight because of him. There won't be Kim Jennie in his life. I need to talk to her. He sighed and got ready for work.

 

 

 

Jennie pushed her cart filled with her suitcase. The plane just landed in Seoul and she figured she'll just take a cab to get home. She lets out a deep breath, her mind wondering somewhere else. It's all over now. He won't have to pretend he cares for me. He won't have to worry every day because I would no longer show up in his office. I would no longer bake and cook and write letters and songs for him. I would no longer pester him and no I won't be hoping that one day God would grant my wish to become his girlfriend. She smiled sadly, biting her lower lip as tears start to form in her eyes. Oh, Jennie... You'll be fine. You'll move on. You'll meet someone, probably a man your parents want for you and you'll get married and have kids and viola... Happily ever after. This is just a simple heartache. You'll get over it. You'll get over it... She repeated in her mind, trying to reassure herself that she'll be fine. When? She ain't sure about it but definitely, she will be.

 

 

 

He arrived in the university earlier than usual and so he occupied his mind with things to do to stop himself from thinking of Jennie. Mino started working on lesson plans for next month when a student comes in after knocking on his door. Jennie. His face automatically lights up with joy only to find his heart crashing as soon as he realized that the student wasn't the girl he wanted to see. It was the other schoolgirl, Irene.

"Good morning, Mr. Song." Irene greeted him with a smile on her lips and walk towards his desk to hand him a small lunchbox. "I drop by to give you this. My mom cooked pesto pasta for lunch. I hope you'll like it." She said, still wearing that smile on her face.

Mino, on the other hand, just stared at the lunchbox in front of him. All throughout his stay at the university, no one gave him cooked dishes aside from Jennie. Is she hitting on him? He finally glances up at Irene, looking at her dead straight in the eyes. "I appreciate the gesture, Ms. Bae. But, no thanks. I don't eat pesto. And pasta." He answered coldly, moving his eyes back on his lesson plan. From his peripheral view, he could see the girl retreating back her arm to her side.

"I see. What's your favorite then, Mr. Song? I'll cook lunch for you tomorrow." Irene's voice still sounded cheerful --- too cheerful it's starting to annoy him.

He let out a deep breath before bringing his eyes back to her. "In case you forgot, please remember that you are a student, Ms. Bae. And I am one of your professors. It is quite inappropriate for you to cook dishes for me. Now, I have things to work on. If you don't need anything, you may go." Mino lets out the words casually, without even a hint of hesitation in his voice. He looked at Irene's smile changed to a disappointed look. He wondered, was there a time Jennie felt that way too? That girl was hard to read. She always wears her genuine smile even to when he rejected her. His eyebrows raised as the girl bowed her head a bit and walked out of his room without a word. He fixated his eyes on the lesson plan once again, trying to get back the muse he had earlier but as soon as the tip of his pen touched the paper, his mind traveled to Jeju. He's thinking about her, the places and islands they visited, every single memory of her. What is wrong with you?

 

 

 

It was a very productive day for Mino. He was successful at keeping himself busy and for a few hours, he was able to get Jennie off his head. He was arranging his notebooks on top of his desk when he heard a knock on the door. Deep inside, he was hoping that the person standing on the other side of the door was her. "Come in." He said softly, eyes fixated on the door.

"Mino?" Jihyun, one of the female professors in the university poked her head in. She automatically smiled upon seeing the male professor sitting on his desk. She pushed the door open wide and lets herself in. "Yah. Let's go grab some lunch." She said casually, putting her hands inside her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter