Oneshot

Just the way you are

“More, more, more!” Yelled Baekhyun and Chanyeol until puff! The chewing gum bursted in your face making both males crack up laughing. Chanyeol threw himself in the floor like he always did laughing loudly tearing up, while Baekhyun kept hitting your forearm and Chanyeol’s, also laughing just as loudly.

“Look at you! It’s all over your face!”

“Help her Baekhyun, poor ___.”

That’s when Baekhyun came closer to try and clean the mess. The pink chewing gum decorating more than half of your face. You were still laughing because of these guys’ reaction. You loved working with EXO this close, it gave you access to enjoy the real them, and they all loved you just as much as you loved them.

“What’s going on here?” Thundered Junmyeon standing at the door, arms crossed over his chest and frown visible.

“Ah hyung! ___ was just-”

“She was just asked to bring us lunch.” Junmyeon interrupted. “Am I right ___? What are you still doing here?” He looked at you walking towards you giving you the weak knees.

“Ah yes- I was just-”

“Being ever so childish and giving these pair of dorks some entertainment.” 

“No, Junmyeon hyung! We were just playing. Nothing wrong with that.” Cried Chanyeol.

“How old are you three? Are you seven? Is this a primary school yard?” Continued Junmyeon.

He was right. But you couldn’t help it, you enjoyed being this close to Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Being this close to Junmyeon…

“I’ll get your food. I apologise.” You said standing up almost running away from getting more scolded.

Junmyeon held your wrist turning you to face him. When your eyes were at his same level you gulped scanning his face shamelessly, landing your eyes on his upper lip mole that drove you crazy. You were certain this little beauty spot was the one to blame for your feelings.

“You still have chewing gum.” He stated pulling you even closer. He scratched the remaining with his nail rubbing your cheek with his thumb. “You are lucky your skin is this good and you don’t need makeup, imagine having to do your makeup again for this nonsense you were doing.”

“Ah hyung~~~” Whined Baekhyun. “It’s not ___’s fault. We were all doing it!”

“Great! That just makes it alright at age twenty-five.” Applauded Junmyeon.

“I’ll get going Junmyeon-ssi.” You bowed freeing yourself from his hold.

*****

You entered EXO’s dorm knocking the door to give them today’s lunch. You got startled like you always did when Junmyeon was the one to open.

“Thank you ___.” Junmyeon took the bags placing them behind him to face you again.

“I’m sorry for today… I didn’t mean to upset you.” You started shyly.

He shook his head running his hands over his face. “Look, I really think that you being here all these hours… isn’t even appropriate anymore. Thanks for what you do, and… well the guys are really hungry and… thanks again.” He tried closing the door giving you a joker smile.

“Wait!” You cried gathering some courage placing your foot so he wouldn’t close it. It was too late to regret your blunt action. “Junmyeon-ssi, I- I- I- well I-”

“You you you, you what ___?”

“I-”

“Yes ___?” he questioned puzzled.

“I would like to talk to you. In private. Better than just me standing here at the corridor.”

“___, we have nothing to talk about. You are very kind and go the extra mile to please us, but really that’s it. We can’t be talking about anything that is not work related, you know how busy my schedule is. The musical, the comeback. Just-”

“Please” You begged. “Please, and it will be the last time I bother you like you say.”

Junmyeon sighed looking inside the dorm hearing the guys getting anxious for their food. He turned to face you and nodded. “I guess it’s ok. I can get out of my chest what I have to tell you also.”

You smiled playing with your braids nervously thinking, maybe, maybe if you confessed he’d see you in a different way. Sure it wasn’t possible that he knew you liked him this much and not say anything about it.

“Meet me at the rooftop in 5 minutes. Let me just give the guys their food before they eat each other alive.” Suggested Junmyeon.

You scrunched your nose and run towards the elevator thinking this was going to be the best day of your life. Confessing to Kim Junmyeon, the man you liked since rookie days. You were lucky to have gotten to work with EXO hand to hand and see him almost every day.

You were in charge of bringing them anything they needed from outside the dorms. Of course your direct treatment was always with the leader. The guys always wanted and needed things. From fried chicken to video games to limited edition cosmetics. That was your job, and you enjoyed it as long as it was Junmyeon calling you.

You waited fixing your braids and your beanie, dusting your oversized hoodie and the shoe laces of your over-worn Converse sneakers. You checked if your breath was acceptable because your fantasising took you to finally tasting Junmyeon’s raspberry lips.

“Hi!” He greeted startling you.

“Hi! Junmyeon-ssi.” You jumped in excitement.

“What is it ___. You’ve been acting so strange lately. Not that you haven’t been strange all these past almost decade that I know you. But lately… Something is up.”

“Junmyeon-ssi. I- I think I- well- you- I like you. I know you are the best man I could ever meet, I knew it from way back, but I guess now that we’re grownups-”

Junmyeon snorted stoping you mid-speech “Grownups? Are you kidding me ___?” He asked changing his laughing expression to an aggressive look you barely seen on his gentle face.

“Yes-” You tried again.

“What made you think I could remotely think of someone like you? Not that you aren’t attractive and appealing to any man. But certainly not me. You can check with Baekhyun or Chanyeol. You’re certainly what they like. You can do pillow fights and gaming competitions. But me?”

You looked from your sneakers to his face, your lips quivering not believing that this genuine person you’ve known for so long could break your heart the way he was right now.

“Is that all you wanted to say? I can’t believe you ruined the professional relationship we have for this childish crush.”

“It’s not a childish crush Junmyeon-ssi. I thought that you could see me with different eyes. I apologise.”

image

Originally posted by suhitos-peaches

“Don’t apologise, don’t be silly. Don’t use this serious tone now. We’re friends. Just don’t ruin things. We’re good the way we are, comfortable, professionally comfortable. Just don’t cross that line ___, and… grow up if you want to call yourself a grownup like you’re claiming.”

He wanted to leave but you held his wrist. “I got so many chances to move within the company, grow within the company, and I’ve always refused and stayed by your side. For you.”

“Well wrong. If you get a better job just take it.”

“I guess I will. Thanks for the advise Junmyeon-ssi.”

“Don’t be upset, come on ___.” He pulled you to his chest and gave you a nice hug. The first time he’s ever hugged you. But when you fantasied about being hugged by him, you didn’t plan it to be while he refused your love. “Silly girl.” He continued rubbing the crown of your head with your beanie still on.

“I’m fine.” You pushed him lightly when his cologne hit your nostrils making you uneasy thinking it would be really hard to let him go if you stayed in his embrace for too long. “Goodbye Junmyeon-ssi, I’ll just go tell the guys that I’m leaving to work for Lee Sooman’s office, I hope they replace me with a less childish person that is of your liking.”

“___! Come on! Don’t be like that!” 

You left him standing, you didn’t see his face but you did hear a laugh…

You were nothing to Kim Junmyeon, EXO’s Suho.

*****

“We want ___, this guy you got us is lame, and he won’t bring us fried chicken!” Whined Jongin.

“Well better! You shouldn’t eat fried chicken in comeback season.” Replied Junmyeon not even looking from his comic book to the source of complain.

“We don’t want him. He’s boring.” Added Sehun.

“You are acting like a bunch of preschoolers. She moved on and she’s taken a better position. I can’t ask her to downgrade.” 

“But you want her back? At least tell us that much Junmyeon hyung.” Asked Jongdae really curious.

“My opinion is not relevant.” Roared Junmyeon in response, he was feeling cornered by the youngsters and he didn’t like it.

“Guys leave Junmyeon alone. Come on. Goodbye. Get out!” Interjected Minseok pushing the guys outside of Junmyeon’s room. “You really impossible to deal with. Come on out!”

When Minseok closed the door he sighed looking at Junmyeon.

“Don’t you even start Minseok hyung. I don’t want to talk about it.” Threatened Junmyeon with his forefinger.

“The guys are just teasing you, you know Myeon-ah? They know that you miss ___ too, like dude, you can’t even hide it.”

“Minseok hyung. It’s really not relevant anymore please.”

“I saw her the other day at the offices. With her super over the top outfit to match the place. Wow… she’s really attractive.”

“I don’t care hyung.”Lied Junmyeon.

“Well, anyways. You are supposed to meet with the managers at the offices, you should go say hi to ___. You won’t miss her.” Suggested Minseok patting on Junmyeon’s thigh before leaving the room.

*****

Of course he missed you. Junmyeon kept huffing, tossing and turning all night.

image

Originally posted by suhitos-peaches

Just glad that the sun was out and was ready to meet you. He wanted to see you. Where you doing as good as everyone was commenting? Were you doing better without them? Without him? Did you miss him?

He was going insane. He did actually miss your silliness. He enjoyed it. To be honest with himself Junmyeon always dreamt to have a girl next to him that was very similar to you. You were just his type, you had everything he liked look-wise. You also were really funny, most times he had to swallow his laughter to look professional, but hell, he missed it. He missed scolding you, he missed your presence. 

Kim Junmyeon missed you and he wanted to let you know, even try and give what you suggested, a chance. After all he was allowed to date within SM.

He fantasied about your smile when he told you that maybe you should try and get closer, obviously ask you to come back, ask you to be as silly as you are used to around the guys and him. Just the way you are. Never change and go back to being like you were just days ago.

He was awoken from his fantasies when the elevator indicated he had a arrived to the floor where he had the meeting at. Junmyeon was nervous, so nervous that he felt even his palms sweating. He was thinking all this about how wonderful it would be to have you near him again, but he never thought of how to tell you, what to tell you.

An then… you just passed past him, you bowed politely and way too distantly for his liking. You now were wearing makeup, dressed formally, acted politely and maturely matching your new job. He would of loved to see you this way before but now, he absolutely hated it. Being like this meant not being you, not being the girl he acted so naturally around.

“___! Hi!” He exclaimed making you stop walking.

You held the files you were carrying at your chest tightly before turning around.

“You look… wow, so different. You look amazing.” Confessed Junmyeon.

“I look mature. I’m happy that you see me with better eyes.”

“Listen, I- I- I-” He stuttered.

“Amazing how a pencil skirt and some makeup can make the ever so perfect Kim Junmyeon this nervous. It reminds me when I told you about my feelings towards you. The same day you rejected me crudely.”

“Can we- I need to talk to you. I’m sorry about that day. We miss you.”  He almost whispered, his features softening making you want to embrace him the way he did before.

“I have work now. I’m sorry.”

“___, please. I never meant to hurt you the way I did.”

“I actually have a date after I’m finished with Jung Seungwoo.” You confirmed.

“You wh- with NCT’s manager Seungwoo? The Seungwoo? Ho- when-”

“Oh well, I guess it was time to stop turning down all the guys that kept asking me out. There’s no one holding me anymore.”

Junmyeon widened his eyes as his mouth fell open in surprise. When and how did all this happen?

“What? You thought I was single all this time because no one would look at someone as childish as me?”

“No… I just-” Junmyeon didn’t know what to say really.

“Well who cares anyways. I know you don’t, and so I can’t see you. Say hi to the guys Kim Junmyeon-ssi, now if you’ll excuse me.”

You bowed again turning on your heels walking away. It felt so good and so bad at the same time. You had returned the slap, but you were lying to yourself because you will never get over Junmyeon. 

You didn’t lie however about the fact that there were guys that had asked you out, and all for Junmyeon, thinking that one day he’ll admit that he likes you just as much as you like him. Daydreaming for over seven years, thinking it was enough seeing him every day through work.

When you took the elevator you noticed that he was still standing where you had left him, not moving a muscle watching him till the door had completely closed. Shattering your heart to pieces.

*****

Junmyeon went crazy, after the meeting he couldn’t stop thinking about you and Seungwoo. He wanted to see you before leaving but you were already gone. He didn’t want to go back to the dorms like the loser he was, and so he found himself driving to your place. He didn’t know how explain his presence at your door, but he didn’t care, even if Seungwoo saw him, Junmyeon just didn’t care.

image

Originally posted by suhitos-peaches

It was late, and after almost three hours sitting at your doorstep he saw Seungwoo’s car. It wasn’t a lie, you did have a date with one of the most nicest most handsomest managers in SM. 

Junmyeon hid behind the bush watching you get out of the car after Seungwoo opened it for you. Junmyeon’s blood was boiling surprising even himself that his feelings for you were that defined to feel this jealous. It culminated when Seungwoo tugged a strand of your hair behind your ear trying to kiss you. Junmyeon bit his lower lip so hard that he tasted the metal taste of his own blood. Just when you avoided Seungwoo’s lips that landed on your cheek instead, Junmyeon could exhale in relief. He wanted to pull you to himself and end this agony. Tell Seungwoo that you were his, you were his silly girl for himself. All these feelings that surged after your cold encounter and the scene in front of him.

Finally! Finally you waved at Seungwoo and walked towards your house where you found Junmyeon coming from behind the bushes. 

“Junmyeon-ssi! What are you doing here?”

“Let me in your apartment. We can’t have this conversation in the street and I’m kind of sick of wearing this face mask.”

You furrowed your eyebrows and climbed the stairs opening the door letting him in before you. As soon as you closed the door he took off his face mask and brought you towards his chest hugging you tightly. Like never before. His hands holding you firmly and his head on the crock of your neck. You felt his breath on your skin and you knew that by now he felt how your legs couldn’t hold you.

“What’s going on? Why are you here?”

He detached himself holding your shoulders looking at you in the eye, wanting to say so many things but unable to at the same time. 

image

“Junmyeon-ssi! Why are you acting like this?”

“___, don’t date Seungwoo hyung. Please.” He begged with difficulty.

“And why is that?” You asked pretty annoyed.

“I want you, just the way you are. Just the silly way you were last week, playing and being spontaneous and being… close to us. To me.”

“I thought you didn’t like it. You woke me up and you were right. Your advise gave me a better job and a man that likes me. A good handsome, funny and kind man that is.”

“No, don’t talk like that.” Junmyeon bit his lower lip again opening the little wound on his lip. “You are perfect the way you were, the way you are. ___, I like you too, I realised I can’t, I actually can’t live without you.”

“Is the new person that took my place not doing their job properly? Is that it? How selfish are you that you are willing to tell me these things to make me sway just to make me go back to the dorms? Who is actually being childish now Junmyeon-ssi?”

“No! No! That’s not it! I’m telling you ___ that I like you too.”

“And I like Seungwoo.” You lied. “Please leave.” You demanded pushing his hands away from you.

Junmyeon gulped, it felt like thorns going down his throat. His heart tightening. This alien feeling that he thought he must of caused you that day at the rooftop. He wanted you to feel how sorry he was, how much he loved you at this point. Imagining the rest of his life without seeing you cheerful, making noise with the younger ones.

“___.” He tried again to touch you but you flinched. “When did you get this distant? I’m really the stupidest for letting you go.”

“I’m going to be dating Seungwoo, this is not fair on him.” You snarled looking away.

“That’s right, I’m not a person to do something like this to hyung anyways. I’m sorry ___. If it makes you feel any better, know that I am completely heartbroken.”

With that Junmyeon turned the door handle and left. When you closed the door behind him you released that breath you were holding. You couldn’t understand why and how and from where you got the ability to do what you did to the only man you’ve ever liked and waited for. You out of all people breaking Kim Junmyeon. 

Your Suho…

*****

“___! You came?” Exclaimed Sehun lifting you off the ground. “I hope forever! What’s with these clothes?”

“Sehun-ssi. How are you? Where are the rest?”

“The rest you mean Junmyeon hyung?” He smirked winking at you.

“How do you know- is it that obvious?” You asked in panic.

“___, we all know you love him. Even hyung knew. Anyways. They’re all at practise. Of course you don’t know anything about our schedules now.”

“I’ll call in later so, Sehun-ssi thanks.”

“Wait a minute.” Sehun stopped you holding your wrist. “Hyung is actually asleep. He wasn’t feeling well yesterday so he’s skipping practise today. I was just with him because he felt a bit feverish. I guess I can leave you to it.” Waved Sehun.

“No! Wait! What do you mean- I can’t do this!”

“Oh yes you can, you did it for Jongin-ah before. It was your old job before remember? Bye~~~” Teased Sehun closing the door behind him.

You inhaled nervously walking in circles for over a minute, you then took off your shoes leaving your bag at the kitchen counter walking towards Junmyeon’s room. You’ve been inside all the guys’ rooms except for Minseok’s and Junmyeon’s when they gave them individual rooms. As you walked, your heart raced ringing in your ears. You knocked lightly before entering the dark room, you noticed Junmyeon’s form shivering under the duvet. You didn’t know what to do and nothing came into your mind other than removing your blazer and crouch in front on him placing your hand on his warm forehead.

“Yah! Hun-ah! Your hand is so cold.” Whined Junmyeon with his eyes shut tuning the other way.

You noticed that he was only wearing his boxers and undershirt, you reached for the duvet covering him back. He looked angelical, Junmyeon was the cutest yet sleeping in a foetal position. You couldn’t handle it anymore and all that came to your mind was to lay down next to him bringing your arm to his belly hugging him from behind. Junmyeon the little spoon was your every day dream.

“Yah! Oh Sehun! Get the out of my bed. Like won’t you even leave me when I’m sick?”

“That’s some information I was doubting and you have now confirmed it Kim Junmyeon-ssi.” You whispered on the crock of his neck.

He turned around rubbing his eyes trying to sit but you pulled him back down.

“Am I dreaming? Delirios? Is my fever so high that I now can see and feel ___ next to me in bed in an empty dorm?”

“Junmyeon-ssi. You are not dreaming nor delirious. And your fever is not even that high. Are you love sick?”

“___!” He breathed out bringing you to his chest. “You came back? For me?”

“I did. I love you. I have loved you for so long.”

“Yesterday you wouldn’t even let me talk and now you are in my bed. Not so hard to get after all.” He joked.

“Well someone told me you are sick because I rejected you. I didn’t get sick when you rejected me.”

“You silly girl. I realised I truly can’t live without you. No one is laughing at my puns anymore. I need support to come up with new ones, you’ll be of great help.”

“I was just trying to be nice, your puns are horrible. You’re a 60-year-old man trapped in the body of a young and- well…”

“Young and?” He propped himself supporting himself with an elbow. “Please continue.” Junmyeon smiled down at you caressing your hair making you melt.

“I lost the ability to talk. I think I’m the one who has fever now.” You managed to verbalise looking up at him like a deer caught in headlights.

“I guess no need to talk.” He whispered before nudging your nose landing his lips on yours. “I love you ___. Please do me the honour of coming back to me and share the journey. Be the way you were, but this time for me and with me.”

You encircled your arms around his neck bringing back to your lips. “I can’t wait.” You spoke on his lips before taking them again.

_____________________

A/N: Thanks for reading… This fluffy scenarios when it’s about THE bias…