Chapter - Two

Praise The Void
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

 

First time in the history of all the wars that Jungkook had won so far, the Alpha’s gait, as he and his warriors walked back toward their home, was not of a winner. With his shoulder’s slouched down in defeat and a thoughtful look etched on his wrinkled forehead, Jungkook walked a couple of steps behind the pack he was supposedly leading.

 

“Are you sure you are doing the right thing, Jungkook?” Namjoon asked sotto voce as he discreetly tried to fall back to match Jungkook’s slow pace.

 

“No, I am not,” Jungkook admitted in a really small voice, with a deep sigh following his words.

 

“The Head Alpha gave clear orders to execute the boy, yet…”

 

“Yet, I couldn’t,” Jungkook completed Namjoon’s trailing words with his frown growing deeper.

 

“The Head Alpha won’t be happy at the turn of event.”

 

“I know,” Jungkook sighed once again. After that Namjoon gave up on small talk, in order to learn what exactly was going through that big head of Jungkook’s, and moved to the front of the group of warriors, leading the horde back to the castle… something Jungkook was supposed to be doing. But the Alpha was a bit busy staring at the small, yet powerful figure, cladded in shimmering red robes that were engraved by a different coating rather than the one that Jungkook and his warriors were wearing. The figure was chained to three different warriors as mean of safeguard.

 

Jungkook yet again questioned the universe… the fate… the so called destiny…

 

How was it even possible?

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

“I told you to kill him,” The Head Alpha roared at the top of his voice making several sub-coordinates of Jungkook to shiver, as they stood behind Jungkook’s- head down in shame- figure. The horde had returned just a few minutes ago but the Head Alpha had already been informed of what had happened during the attack on Axon Clan. “But you bought him as a captive? At what conditions? If the previous Prime Alpha of Axon Clan comes here pleading for his son to be let off, I have no grounds to deny him or his people the right to demand for a reason if we execute the boy now. If you had killed that boy during a fight we could have covered it as self-defense. But what now?”

 

A ringing silence was left in the awake of angry Alpha’s words.

 

“Well? Do you have anything to say for yourself?” The Head Alpha demanded impatiently, taking turns to glare at each and every sub-general Jungkook had taken with him on this certain occasion.

 

“I…” Jungkook mumbled, keeping his gaze fixed on the ground of the court room that the Head Alpha mostly used for important gathering and meetings with his close generals and ministers.

 

“What were you even thinking when you disobeyed my orders?” The Head Alpha asked, making his voice sound a tab bit relax and calm, but still disdain.

 

“I wasn’t thinking,” Jungkook admitted after a couple of heart beats delay.

 

“You better fix this, Jungkook,” The Head Alpha threatened. “I wanted to have Axon Clan fully under my control. I would give you one week to come up with a plan to fix this mess… to kill that small boy and take over Axon without any disruption from the werewolves of Axon Clan.”

 

Jungkook’s head snapped up to meet his father’s burning eyes.

 

“Do I make myself clear?” The Head Alpha urged, eyes tapered.

 

“Yes Alpha,” Jungkook’s voice ranged, loud and clear before he bowed and excused himself out of the court room. The young Alpha panted slightly once he was out of the suffocating area, cold sweat breaking on his brows.

 

It took him a moment to gather his bearing before he sprinted at top speed in search for one person he knew would be able to tone down his curiosity. It took him a record time to reach the top west tower of the castle. He didn’t even bother knocking and just barged in.

 

“Elder!” Jungkook wheezed out while stumbling against the threshold. “Elder?”

 

“Jungkook?” The old man, sitting bent over his study table white hairs falling down his waist, asked in mild surprise with his already wrinkled forehead caress due to frowning. “My boy, I heard you just returned from your great victory. I assumed a bit of rest would be first thought of yours.”

 

“I am tired,” Jungkook mumbled weakly looking in those deep pearly grey eyes. “But much more mentally than physically.”

 

“What is the matter?” The old man asked, concern lacing his soft spoken words. “Is something bothering you?”

 

“Yes,” Jungkook agreed ready. “I was just wondering…”

 

“Yeah…?”

 

“Hypothetically speaking,” Jungkook his chapped lips as he carefully chose his next words. “Can an Alpha imprint on an Alpha?”

 

“No,” The Elder frowned. “That is unheard of. Only an Omega can trigger an Alpha’s mate side. But why would you think that?”

 

“No reason,” Jungkook found his voice sounding hollow even to himself. “Merely a thought, which has been jammed in my mind for some time now.”

 

“Are you sure?” The Elder gave him a suspicious look, his knowing grey eyes twinkling a little.

 

“Yeah,” Jungkook replied in fake cheerfulness. “I should go and snatch the little rest that I can.”

 

The young Alpha descended the stairs with a heavy heart. His mind swirling in a wild whirlpool with one precious thought stuck in his brain… How??

 

O-o-o-o-O

 

For next couple of days, Jungkook couldn’t get rid of the image of two blown melted chocolate brown orbs, staring straight at him like they had three nights ago. As soon as he would close his eyes, the wide brown orbs would be there to haunt him, accompanied by that small button-like nose and thick full lips that seemed to be made for kissing.

 

Whispers had started to follow Jungkook, things like; the Alpha looked like a living corpse, lately. He would admit; Jungkook’s brain was mostly stuck on one person now. No matter what he did, how he tried distracting himself his subconscious mind was intent on pushing the thoughts of a petite boy, at front.

 

“Dismiss for now,” Namjoon’s grave voice sounded just beside Jungkook, making the young Alpha to jump out of his bones at the unexpected event. He blinked furiously before realizing he was at training center with Namjoon and they were supposed to be training the young whelps this fine morning. “Make pairs and start training.”

 

Jungkook watched as the warrior unit number 3 enthusiastically made their way toward the training grounds and indulge in the said task. It was Namjoon’s deep sigh that made Jungkook turn to stare at him.

 

“What is going on with you?” Namjoon asked sotto voce, mindful of the fact that some of younger werewolves in unit 3 had a bad habit of picking on gossip and spreading rumors, and currently Jungkook was attracting lots of attention due to his aloof behavior.

 

“Nothing,” Jungkook mumbled in a dead tone while roughly palming his face which clearly portrayed how the younger seemed to be burdening something on his shoulders. “Just have a lot on my mind.”

 

“Talk to me Jungkook,” Namjoon pushed keeping his tone light. “Maybe I can assist you with something worthwhile.”

 

The young Alpha chewed on his lips, looking in space for a moment longer before his eyes clashed with slightly elder man.

 

“What if I say…?” He started cautiously, yet knowing he could trust Namjoon to keep his secret. “I think I have found my mate but they are not what everyone expects them to be. I fear our people would not accept such abomination. What should I do?”

 

Jungkook could almost see Namjoon’s brain putting two and two together before a flash of understanding crossed his features. He looked quite forlorn as he muttered under his breath, “So that’s why you couldn’t kill him.”

 

“Every fiber of my being stopped me from even thinking about putting my sword near him,” Jungkook admitted with a bittersweet smile lingering on his lips. “Why of all people…? Why him?”

 

“Your DNAs are connected,” Namjoon supplied helpfully before his voice took a rather solemn tone as he continued. “It’s how things work here. There is nothing you can do about it.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter