Let's Get It!

You Look Like My Dad

A/n: Please read the title using Mark’s voice XD

 

 

 

-----

 

“Are you sure you’re getting it down for tomorrow night?” Renjun asked as he stretched with Jaemin and the rest to practice what they were going to perform for culmination night.

 

 

‘Yeah, Xiaojun almost strained his fingers but he can do it.” Jaemin replied and almost instantly Hendery was checking Xiaojun’s fingers and looking at Xiaojun like a precious Japanese doll.

 

 

“Whipped” Mark and Lucas said at the same time aand they earned a punch on their arms courtesy of Donghyuck.

 

 

“You guys are all whipped.” Jeno remarked and Renjun glared at him. “Including me.” He added and Jaemin came to kiss his cheek.

 

 

“So, are you anywhere near completion?” Mark asked and Jaemin nodded.

 

 

“Xiaojun’s a really good pianist, he could be Johnny samchon’s son.” Jaemin remarked.

 

 

“Not in a million years, he can’t be my brother.” Hendery shouted and it made Xiaojun laugh.

 

 

“Chill.” Jaemin replied because he was sure Xiaojun’s going to combust soon with how red his face was, he was really like their father Taeyong, a tsundere through and through.

 

 

 

Jaemin approached Xiaojun and they went into the corner where the piano was set up and Xiaojun eagerly played while Jaemin started to dance. The rest was supposed to be practicing too, but when the two started, they kind of zoned out and stared at the two. Xiaojun’s finger danced across the keys beautifully and his voice was sweet as a lullaby. Jaemin’s moves were smooth and his body was flexible, his grace and presence was amazing. They were seeing two brothers who haven’t known each other’s existence yet connecting like it was there were no distance of separation. The way Xiaojun sang matches how Jaemin moves, and they felt the emotion of it.

 

 

They were clapping when the two ended their run and the two smiled and thanked them. They were mesmerized, and the Seo brothers who understood English perfectly had tears in their eyes. Xiaojun came to hug Hendery and the latter whispered a soft Good Job to him, and Xiaojun felt like he belonged there in his arms.

 

 

“Okay, I know you guys want more moments together but we need to practice.” Renjun pulled his Hendery and Xiaojun blushed and moved away from Hendery as the two prepare for their song.

 

 

Jaemin and Xiaojun went back to their corner, fine tuning their work, checking if they were at par with their parents, they needed to be perfect for this, it’s their only shot at a happy ending.

 

----

 

Taeyong groaned as Ten came  to the restaurant near closing time. Jackson hugged the younger tightly and it made the Thai laugh before leading him to the office. Kun had dropped Ten off to the restaurant to make sure Taeyong will pack and not get away from going to the camp. Jackson was fully on board with the plan so he had welcomed the younger warmly and offered some tea while he waited. Taeyong pouted at him but Ten just raised a brow, the two never changed.

 

 

They left at closing and Taeyong drove back to his apartment, a squeaky clean apartment that felt lonely; Ten couldn’t even tell if people lived there anymore. They went to Taeyong’s room and Ten sat on his friend’s bed as he watched over Taeyong packed his bag for the trip. Ten noticed the ring on Taeyong’s finger and he smiled sadly knowing that the fall out was nnever in Taeyong or Yuta’s intention but the two had somehow gotten themselves in that situation. Being friends with both Yuta and Taeyong had taught Ten how to respect their decision but it pained him that the two had to end up in such state while others around them lived happily with their families.

 

 

“What do you think Jaemin will perform?” Ten asked and Taeyong hummed, He wasn’t sure he knew his son well enough to answer. “You gotta spend more time with Jaemin.” Ten sighed and Taeyong raised a brow. “I’m not questioning your parental skills but just give the kid a few moments of your life, he’s not going to be with you forever.” Ten said and it hid a chord on Taeyong whose face suddenly fell.

 

Ten noticed the change and so he sat next to Taeyong and hugged him. “It’s okay to feel sad or lonely, but never think that we won’t be here to help you.” Ten said and Taeyong sobbed as he embraced Ten, because he knew, it was his fault they ended up this way but he can’t tell them, he can’t tell him.

 

 

---

 

“It’s a long drive.” Yuta looked at Hansol who nodded. “Don’t you have work?” Yuta asked and Hansol shook his head making the Japanese sigh.

 

 

“We got invited by a close friend, he said his son is going to perform an he’ll be bringing his other son who ‘demanded Jisung be there or I’m not coming’.” Hansol drew quotation marks while his expression was blank making Yuta laugh.

 

 

“Okay, so you agreed on that premise?” Yuta asked and Hansol nodded.

 

 

”I wanted to watch Xiaojun too.” Hansol said and Yuta smiled bitterly

 

“Have I neglected him Hansol hyung?” Yuta asked while biting his lip, a nervous habit he had acquired but couldn’t shake off.

 

 

“You did what you could, it’s not like we can be perfect all the time.” Hansol replied and scooted over to embrace his friend. “What you did for him is commendable, not all agree but you raised him as best you could given the circumstances.” Hansol reminded Yuta and the younger smiled and tried to be positive.

 

 

“Thanks hyung.” Yuta said and hugged his friend tighter.

 

 

---

 

Ten and Taeyong were waiting by the gate when the RV stopped to picked them up. Jaehyun had chosen the largest they have and along with it the comfort for the travel to camp. Chenle was also there, with Mark and Jackson’s youngest son Yangyang because the kids will meet up with Hansol’s own sons. Taeyong felt a little out of place with all the happy couples but they all glared at him, becausethey were all friends first before they got into relationships.

 

 

‘We haven’t had breakfast so please feel free to cook for us.” Jaehyun gestured to the kitchen area and Taeyong rolled his eyes.

 

 

“It’s not safe to cook while we are moving.” Taeyong said and Johnny threw a cereal box to Jaehyun.

 

 

“We got tons of this for the promotion of the new game, eat up.” Johnny said and it made Taeyong laugh as Jaehyun pouted.

 

 

‘Oh shut up, if you did not insist last night we could have had breakfast.” Doyoung shove a pouting Jaehyun while Kun glared at him.

 

 

“We have kids here.” Kun reminded them.

 


“We are teens.” Chenle protested but Kun glared at him.

 

 

“Still kids in my eyes.” Kun replied and Chenle just sighed and returned to his game.

 

 

“You gotta try our new game.” Jaehyun nudged Taeyong while eating his cereal.

 

Johnny handed him a phone and Taeyong looked at the taller who just grinned at him. He looked at the game and sighed, well, he used to be a gamer himself so he could give this a try.

 

Half way through the trip, Johnny has to revoke the game from Taeyong in order for them to eat lunch, their driver joining them to eat. Kun and Doyoung thankfully had the cooking skills the other lacked so they were able to eat edible food. Taeyong praised them and the two thanked their master chef for the compliments.

 

---

 

Yuta was surprised to see an RV pick him up but Hansol explained that his friend sent them for the trouble of asking Jisung to come to the camp. Yuta raised a brow at that but he was thankful for the comfort the vehicle brought for their trip. It will take a while but they had great company and the kids were hyper active, and Yuta was amazed with their innocent love, and he rolled his eyes at Hansol because no matter how he sees it, Jisung’s ‘friend’ is as whipped as the cold cream he kept inside their fridge.

 

 

---

 

“Are you nervous?” Jaemin asked as Xiaojun fidget’s with his dress shirt. The older of the two looked at his twin and nodded.

 

“It’s just, Tou-chan doesn’t really like me playing the piano and here I am going to play it and a song that will remind him of appa.” Xiaojun confessed and Jaemin nodded.

 

“I get you, okay?” Jaemin reassured his twin. “It’s not like appa approves of my dancing too.” Jaemin said and hugged his twin.

 

 

“If this doesn’t work, would you still be my brother?” Xiaojun asked when they broke apart and Jaemin smiled wide.

 

 

“Of course, you are and will always be my brother.” Jaemin said and it made Xiaojun genuinely smile.

 

 

 

The place was filling up and the camp coordinators welcomed them with happy smiles and led them towards the main campsite where a stage was set up. Taeyong found himself lost and for a brief moment, he felt like he knew someone pass by. He stopped on his tracks and slowly turned his head in search of a familiar figure, but no one came to familiarity, so he continued his way towards Johnny’s large frame. He sat by the first row, in between Ten and Jaehyun, and he focused his attention to the stage, waiting and anticipating what his son and his friends would be performing.

 

 

 

Hansol received a message from Taeil and he grinned and sent a reply before they alighted the parked RV. He talked to his sons and husband, informing them of the game plan and the two teens nodded, opting to forgo their meeting to help their uncle Yuta out. Hansol led them towards the campsite and sure enough Yuta felt he knew someone pass by, but Hansol had tugged him to walk faster to not drown with the growing crowd and Yuta had no choice but to follow his friend towards their seats at the front row, a little off to the right.

 

Yuta wasn’t sure if Xiaojun had made friends, and his heart sunk at the thought of his precious boy feeling left out and alone in this hell hole, with no one to understand him. Yuta had figured that Xiaojun was a lot like Taeyong and it bothered him how his son could never be sociable enough to gain friends of his own. But he hoped he could also find someone like Jaehyun or Johnny that would help him come out of his shell, he wished he could do more for his son.

 

 

The program started after the introduction and some reminders like the dinner party for the parents and campers, and the closing ceremony they have to attend the next day before they could leave the camp. The first few performers did pretty well with their singing and dancing. There was a cabin that played as a band and called themselves The East Light. They were pretty good and Taeyong found himself smiling as he reminisced his younger years, of wanting to pursue music as a career but then he felt a pang of longingness because aside from letting go of that dream, he let go of his other half.

 

 

The performances continued and when Renjun and Hendery were introduced, Taeyong was surprised; wasn’t it supposed to be Renjun and Jeno and Jaemin? They were in a relationship and they should naturally perform as a group. But when a Chinese song came up, Taeyong understood why. Renjun and Hendery have fathers who are vocal coaches, so he wasn’t surprised how good the two were and how perfectly they harmonized, it felt like watching Taeil and Kun perform during college programs, and it made him smile. Taeil and Sicheng were absolutely happy as they cheered for their son while Johnny was loud when he cheered for his own son.

 

 

Yuta felt the kid was familiar, Renjun seemed to resemble someone. Hendery too, he can’t point a finger, but it really felt like he was familiar, that face and voice, he can’t point a finger on it and it is gnawing on him.

 

When Jeno and Donghyuck were called to perform, Yuta felt something was off. The kids looked so familiar and their moves, it felt like he had seen or watched them, but his mind was hazy, and his memories were failing him, and that was scaring him.

 

 

The twins received thumbs up from their parents, they had always been supportive on their hobbies and pursuits, like Donghyuck’s liking to make-up and Doyoung full on bought him the entire Fenty Beuty collection in the right shade of Donghyuck’s skin tone. Taeyong was happy to see the twins perform just like how their parents did back then, Donghyuck seemed to inherit Doyoung’s stage presence and vocal prowess while Jeno clearly got his father’s charisma.

 

 

 

Mark and Lucas performed with Donghyuck as a guest vocalist and it hyped up everyone. Kun and Ten were proud of their sons and nudged Johnny who was almost crying now that Donghyuck can be his son-in-law, he had adored the kid ever since he was born. Doyoung snorted as Jaehyun was tearing up, his princess got himself boyfriends and sons of his best friends, what could be better than that?

 

 

Yuta felt uneasy as the program went, he still didn’t see Xiaojun and that bothers him, what if his son got bullied? But when the last performers were called, Yuta’s eyes widened, and he felt the world freeze as he focused his attention to two teens on stage: Xiaojun and Jaemin.

 

 

Taeyong was really confused, why was Jaemin not in any of his friends’ groups. Did he push his son too hard that Jaemin gave up his passion for dance? He felt guilt wash over him because he had passed on the stress and frustration he got from dancing to his son. But when the last performers were called out, he was stunned, because right in front of him were his twins, Xiaojun and Jaemin.

 

 

Xiaojun took a seat in front of the piano and he looked at Jaemin who stood on his side, back facing the audience and smiling at his twin reassuringly. Xiaojun took a deep breath and saw his father, it gave him boost of confidence, he’ll do this for them.

 

 

Xiaojun’s fingers pressed the keys softly and as soon as the first chord was played, Yuta bit his lip as his eyes started to water, this was their song, how could Xiaojun know?

 

As the intro progressed, Taeyong clenched his fist, how could Jaemin and Xiaojun know of this song? But as soon as Jaemin took a step back and turned, Taeyong was lost for words, he would recognize it any day, it was his own choreography.

 

Xiaojun started to sing and everyone held their breath, Xiaojun’s voice was soothing like a lullaby and Taeyong knew where he got that, Yuta’s voice was soft and sweet, something that calmed and assured him, it was like a soft blanket on winter. Taeyong tried to focus but this was too much, how could his sons be here of all places? How could they know of this song that held so much weight and meaning to him and Yuta? And if Xiaojun is here then does that mean Yuta is here too?
 

 

Taeyong blinked and tears fall, did he deserve to see Yuta again?

 

 

Yuta felt like losing it, how could his sons be here and know this song? He had watched Taeyong perform his choreography enough to memorize each step and turn, each arm gesture and each head movement. Jaemin was executing it perfectly and the way Xiaojun just swayed and enveloped his twin brother’s moves amazed and hurt Yuta so much. The two had been apart since they were two, they lived with different fathers, raised in different cultures and had endured so much but the way they were performing, it was as if they hadn’t been separated, like they had been doing this for much longer; as if they were Yuta and Taeyong. And it hit him, was Taeyong here? Would he have a chance to see him again? Would he take the chance to make things better for them?

 

Yuta felt tears fall down his eyes, but he couldn’t move, his heart was pounding so hard and loud, it was stupid that he could still feel so much for someone who had abandoned him for the past 17 years. But he knew he could not love anyone but Taeyong, the Korean male had taken his heart and never returned it, that even if they were separated, he still loved, continued to love and will still love him with all his heart.

 

When I close my eyes

 it’s you that I find

When I close my eyes

 

If all it is 8 letters

Why is so hard to say?

 

 

Taeyong could not take it, every note Xiaojun pressed on the keys and every step Jaemin took, it reminded him of what his life with Yuta was, of what happiness was. It reminded him of what he could have if he didn’t let go, if he had said those eight letters to the one that made him whole. He then looked up and across from his he saw him, like a beacon, his Yuta.

 

 

Yuta locked eyes with Taeyong and it felt like his world had spun in rewind. Taeyong still had his handsome features and his heart ached in longing, this was his other half, the love of his life. But was he still Taeyong’s beloved? He felt more tears fell from his eyes and he berated himself for feeling weak for someone ho had gave up on him. He wanted to hate Taeyong but right now, his heart wanted him back, he wanted his husband, he wanted his best friend, he wanted Taeyong.

 

 

As the outro was played and everyone was standing up and clapping, Taeyong and Yuta sat there locking gazes. Who would be the one to make the first move?

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

a/n: I just feel soft atm. That Yutae hug is all it takes to give my mind a few extra boost of inspiration. Yutae deserves the fluffiest stories hahahah but I ended up with a cliff hanger.

 

I kinda feel like Xiaojun looks like a mute here in the fic with how little conversation I give him but rest assured that he’s going to talk a bit more soon.

 

Also I just added The East Light in there because really liked them as performers. They are kids with big dreams and watching them perform always made me smile, I just see a lot of hope in them. But with the abuse that they received from their management, I hope they get their justice and receive better treatment and promotions; they are kids and they deserve nurturing, not abuse.