Development

You Look Like My Dad

 

a/n: Look what Yutae made the others do hahahaha let’s have the plan into action

 

 

-----  

 

Lucas was extremely competitive and Xiaojun was immensely shocked and scared. Hendery was laughing loudly as he watched Xiaojun grimace as Lucas powered his way across the obstacle course, Jeno and Donghyuck right behind him.

 

 

‘Go for it Xuxi!!!!!” Mark cheered and then screeched as Donghyuck almost slipped, but Lucas saved him.

 

 

Renjun was cheering in Chinese and Jaemin reminded him that Jeno does not understand a thing so Renjun changed into Korean and they both cheered like dying whales on steroids.

 

 

“Are they really this brutal?” Xiaojun asked and Hendery nodded.

 

 

“yepp.” Hendery said, popping the ‘p’.

 

 

“I don’t think I can survive meeting your parents if your brothers are like this.” Xiaojun commented and Hendery gasped.

 

 

“You want to meet my parents already?” Hendery asked with a teasing grin and Xiaojun flushed making the former laugh loudly. “Chill, my parents are pretty tame compared to them, at least baba is.” Hendery added and Xiaojun pouted.

 

 

“Go for it!” Mark’s girlish scream rang and when they returned to the game, Lucas was cheering loudly as their team crossed the finish line first.

 

Mark ran to his brother and they both hugged an unsuspecting Donghyuck before kissing his cheeks in excitement. Donghyuck gasped and flushed and when both brothers realized what they did, it was Donghyuck who kissed both their cheeks then ran away with face as red as a beet root. Hendery gave a thumbs up to his brothers who then grinned and ran after Donghyuck. Jeno was tackled to the ground by both Renjun and Jaemin while praising him in both Chinese and Korean, and the middle of the three just laughed and enjoyed the kisses he received from his boyfriends.

 

-----

 

It was lunch time when Taeil and Kun met at the younger’s office and Kun offered his lunch to the older, Taeil happily ate Kun’s food because even though the younger isn’t as good as Taeyonng, it is still delicious. Taeil played the clip once more and Kun tapped his desk to the rhythm before writing down the notes to his score book.

 

 

“This is really a heartfelt song they both worked on.” Taeil said and Kun nodded.

 

 

“I called Ten over, he’ll be here in a few minutes.” Kun informed Taeil who nodded, they needed him to transcribe the English lyrics.

 

Ten entered the room in a huff, ranting at how idols nowadays are full of air in their head. Kun extended his lunch box and took a mouthful before greeting Taeil with a lovely smile.

 

 

“tough bunch?” Taeil inquired and Ten nodded, being a choreographer was his dream but choreographing a bunch of stuck up trainees weren’t really high up on his list.

 

 

“So what about English transcript?” Ten asked and Taeil showed him the clip Renjun sent over. Ten gasped and grabbed the phone, listening to it and gasping even more.

 

 

“What are your plans?” Ten asked and both Kun and Taeil grinned at him.

 

 

----

 

Jaehyun sighed as he met up Johnny for lunch. The two had set up a business in the tech industry right off college and with their hard work and ingenuity, they climbed up the hierarchy steadily. Jaehyun was all the development and Johnny was all about the marketing and the co-founders had set roots deep down and grew steadily in the years that passed.

 

Johnny had brought in his lunch box because even at his age, Kun preferred to cook for his kids and husbands. Jaehyun grinned as he too took out his lunch box, Doyoung did prepare them meticulously like the first time they got together and went on their first dates. They were sap but who cares, they have loving husbands who wakes up earlier than them to cook for them and they will eat whatever is inside these lunch boxes over take out.

 

 

“Jeno called me.” Jaehyun started and Johnny nodded. “I filed for leave already.” Jaehyun said and Johnny nodded.

 

 

“Me too.” Johnny replied.

 

 

“You know, I never really knew the reason for their fallout, they were the strongest couple amongst us.” Jaehyun remarked and Johnny sighed.

 

 

“I don’t think they stopped loving each other though, Taeyong never did file for a divorce and he still wears his ring.” Johnny remarked.

 

 

“They are the stubborn couple amongst us too, so I guess this is why they are like this.” Jaehyun sighed and Johnny nodded.

 

 

“We could change it though, haven’t they suffered enough?” Johnny asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

 

“I am all in with this one. I already had one of our RV’s set up for the drive, I also called Jackson hyung, said he’ll make sure his boss is going to that camp.” Jaehyun answered.

 

 

“You did not threaten Mark hyung right?” Johnny asked and Jaehyun pouted at him.

 

 

“Of course not. Why would I threaten my head game developer?” Jaehyun was taken aback. “Jackson hyung was just concerned after Jaemin asked for his birth certificate, and he got curious. Jaemin did confess to him and well, he’s on board to whatever will make his antsy boss happy.” Jaehyun explained and Johnny nodded.

 

 

“Of course Jackson hyung loves Jaemin like his own son and would connive with him.” Johnny said and it made them both laugh.

 

 

-----

 

Sicheng sighed as Doyoung entered his office, the editor does not visit HR unless it is important. Doyoung sat across him and Sicheng raised a brow and waited for his friend to speak.

 

 

“Did you receive a call from Renjun?” Doyoung asked and Sicheng nodded.

 

 

“They met Xiaojun.” Sicheng informed Doyoung who nodded.

 

 

“Do you think we should meddle now?” Doyoung asked and Sicheng frowned, this was the rare times Doyoung was unsure on his decision.

 

 

“Of course, this is our only chance.” Sicheng replied and Doyoung nodded.

 

 

The three of them went far back, and Yuta annoyed DOyoung and loved Sicheng. Yuta bickered a lot with Doyoung then showered Sicheng affection but at the end of the day, the three of them were best friends along with Kun and Ten. Yuta was their precious hyung and when Yuta had to give up his soccer scholarship for an internship, they were the ones who had to help find Yuta a source of income; they got each others’ backs then and now.

 

 

Sicheng hummed as he opened a file and allowed Doyoung to hear it, the older instantly gasped as he heard the familiar song. Doyoung’s eyes widened and Sicheng looked at him with a straight face.

 

 

“This is our only chance Doyoung hyung, our one shot to bring back them back together.” Sicheng said and DOyoung nodded.

 

 

“Let’s make Yuta hyung happy.” Doyoung said with a wide smile.

 

 

 

---

 

 

It took all their lunch break and some more time in the afternoon to finish the song and Kun was playing it expertly on his keyboard. Ten was tearing up as Taeil sang the transcribed lyrics then quickly proceeded to hug each friend.

 

 

“Let’s make this count!” Ten said and the three of them high fived before Taeil sent the files to Renjun.

 

---

 

Renjun squealed as he received the message from his father and he pulled Jaemin off of Jeno who he was the hell out off as his reward for winning. “injunnie!” Jaemin whined but as soon as he saw the message, he screamed and went to knock to his twin brother in the common room. Xiaojun was surprised and he was sure his heart would give out if Jaemin screamed like that again.

 

 

“We got it. Come on we need to practice!” Jaemin said and Xiaojun was confused. The song, Renjun got the chords from Uncle Kun!” Jaemin said and Xiaojun all but screamed and hugged Hendery who was sitting next to him then ran out with Jaemin to the music hall where a piano was located.

 

 

Hendery heard snickers from his brothers but he shoved them playfully earning a groan from Donghyuck who was sandwiched between the two Seo brothers. “you three are so physical.” Donghyuck whined but a kiss on both cheeks silenced him.

 

 

“Yeah, we are.” Lucas said and Donghyuck shoved him away as he blushed.

 

 

Jaemin and Xiaojun got permission to use the piano and they thanked the camp organizers before heading towards the said instrument. They viewed the sheets from the mobile device and Xiaojun experimentally played the notes. It was a little off at first but after a few tries, Jaemin and Xiaojun’s eyes lit up, they got it.; at least the intro.

 

“Can you like sing while you play?” Jaemin asked and Xiaojun nodded.

 

 

“it would be easier with a guide.” Xiaojun said and Jaemin grinned because his Taeil samchon covered all the bases, he sent the recording of Kun’s piano, and him singing the guide, pluse the English lyrics transcribed by Ten. “We should thank them.” Xiaojun suggested and Jaemin grinned as he took a selca with his twin and then sending it to the group chat.

 

 

“I’ll add you here, give me your number.” Jaemin said as he fiddled with Renjun’s phone to add his twin.

 

The chat exploded with notifications and Jaemin assured them that it was okay to send it to their parents, to thank them. And he even asked Renjun to send the picture to his uncle Jackson and he will send it to Taeil Samchon and Sicheng samchon.

 

 

“Xiaojun’s phone buzzed and he took looked at the group chat and then saved the picture to send to his Jisol samchon.

 

 

----

 

 

Taeil grabbed the phone when it buzzed with notification and he almost choked on his water as he showed it to his husband. Sicheng was wide eyed but then soon turned emotional as he looked at Jaemin and Xiaojun together, both looked like their fathers when they were younger.

 

 

Johnny was screaming then crying when he received the notification and it took both Kun and Ten to make him stop, the former nudging the latter when the Thai rolled his eyes dramatically. “They grew up to be mirror images off Yuta and Taeyong.” Johnny sobbed and Ten sighed and nuzzled his nose on Johnny’s cheek while Kun rubbed circles on his husband’s back. “I just want them to be happy.” Johnny sobbed and the two melted, they all wanted Yuta and Taeyong to be happy.

 

 

Jaehyun was grinning when he saw his husband wiping the tears away as he stirred the stew. Jaehyun wrapped an arm around his husband’s waist and kissed his temple, comforting him as best as he could. “They look so precious Jae.” Doyoung commented and Jaehyun wiped the tears off of his husband’s cheeks. “They surely are.” Jaehyun replied and kissed his husband.

 

 

Jackson took out his phone and saw the picture, he quickly became emotional about it. He never really knew Yuta for that long, only bumping at each other during training since Jackson was a basketball team member and Yuta a soccer team member in the university that they were in, but he knew how Taeyong valued him. He could see how Xiaojun resembled Taeyong so much, and he had wished that they were able to grow up together instead of meeting seventeen years later and devising a plan to get their parents back together. But maybe this is for the better. He pocketed his phone and went to the kitchen to inform Taeyong of the situation at the front, it was a full house tonight.

 

 

Hansol was having dinner with his family when his phone buzzed. He opted to ignore it but Marco had told him to attend to it. He looked at the message and the tears instantly fell from his eyes. Marco was worried but when Hansol handed the phone to his husband, Marco smiled and pulled his husband into a warm embrace. Kijung and Jisung both gagged but Marco shushed them in favor of comforting his husband. He knew how much Hansol cared for Yuta and Xiaojun and had learned the painful back story of Yuta and Taeyong, so this development was surely something they were happy to learn about.

 

 

 

-----

 

a/n: I decided to give Ten, Sicheng and Jaehyun a bit of a spotlight too. And yes Yuta and Taeyong, your children, your friends and their children are working hard to get you back together.