Epilogue

You Look Like My Dad

a/N: Hello this is the last chapter, I hope you’ll enjoy this

 

----

 

 

At 8 months, Yuta was heavily pregnant and Taeyong had pretty much confined his husband to minimize aggravating his joints and muscles. Being in his forties, it was considered a high-risk pregnancy but Yuta and Taeyong made it work, taking extra care with how they go about their daily lives. Even Jaemin and Xiaojun were extra hands on with assisting Yuta that they even forced Yuta to teach them child care. When they had their check up just before the wedding, they were informed that they were having twins but since Yuta’s age is on the older side, he was precautioned that one may only survive but they hoped for the best and now, he has twins growing inside him.

 

Because Yuta never had a baby shower before, his friends eagerly threw him once they were sure that the baby was going to pop soon, and now he found himself inside his own living room decorated in half blue and half pink and eating Cheesecake courtesy of Kun who insisted on baking one for him.

 

“You’re what?” Yuta asked as he choked on his cheesecake.

 

 

“Pregnant.” Kun said, handing him tissues so he could wipe the mess on his face.

 

 

“Why is it hard to believe?” Ten asked as he handed him water.

 

“It’s just, wow.” Yuta then smiled and congratulated Kun who smiled back.

 

 

“Can’t have Jungwoo and Hina play alone right?” Kun said and Yuta laughed as he rubbed his bulging tummy.

 

 

“How did Johnny take it?” Yuta asked and Kun smiled.

 

 

“He was over the moon.” Kun answered and Ten nodded next to him.

 

 

“He’s going to have his hands full, I am also pregnant.” Ten added and Yuta smiled wider.

 

 

“Johnny’s so lucky to have you both pregnant again. Damn !” Yuta said and it made both Kun and Ten laugh.

 

 

‘Why are you both pregnant and I am not!” Doyoung groaned next to them and Sicheng patted his back in comfort.

 

 

“Don’t force it hyung.” Sicheng reminded him then congratulated Ten and Kun.

 

 

“How about you Sicheng?” Yuta asked and the younger grinned.

 

 

“We just had our checkup, we got the clear so we’re going to try and have one more child, I wish we could have a girl.” Sicheng confessed and Doyoung whined next to him.

 

 

“I want a daughter too!” Doyoung groaned and the three pregnant males pitied him.

 

 

“I’m sure you’ll be given one at the right time.” Kun remarked and Doyoung nodded, a little hopeful.

 

 

It was just their routine weekly checkup when Yuta was advised to have a c-section to deliver the twins. “Your blood pressure is going up, and it’s not healthy.” His doctor informed him.

 

 

“But Dr. Park, I don’t feel any symptoms of hypertension.” Yuta argued.

 

 

“No you don’t feel it now because of your hormones and the state of your body but the twins are experiencing immense pressure on their bodies, it may cause brain swelling or disrupted blood vessels. Your twins may die.” Dr. Park explained and Taeyong immediately agreed to have his husband deliver the baby the soonest.

 

 

“But, they are not yet due for another 3 weeks!” Yuta remarked.

 

 

“The fetuses are well developed and are ready. Their lungs may be a bit weaker but would you rather have your babies alive or not?” Dr. Park asked and that made Yuta agree as well.

 

 

Xiaojun and Jaemin had to dash out of college to get their sibling’s baby bag and Yuta’s change of clothes as Yuta was immediately admitted to a room in preparation for the operation. The twins were panting when they reached Taeyong and as soon as they handed the baby bag, Taeyong was whisked away for surgery.

 

 

It took a couple of hours but Taeyong emerged from the operating room in tears and the twins had to hug him tightly to try and comfort him. Taeyong sobbed harder and when he was able to talk, he was all out bawling how beautiful Jungwoo and Hina were and how Yuta was so brave for delivering two precious souls. Jaemin and Xiaojun smiled as they hugged their father, they can’t wait to meet their siblings.

 

 

Yuta was wheeled inside his private room and was very happy to meet his first borns. Both Jaemin and Xiaojun hugged him, careful of his stomach as the stitches are fresh. Yuta kissed their foreheads and when Taeyong went up to him, he kissed him and they exchanged wide smiles.

 

“Have you seen them?” Yuta asked and both Xiaojun and Jaemin shook their heads.

 

 

“They are going to wheel them soon to be fed then they’ll stay in the nursery.” Taeyong explained and Yuta nodded. “How are you feeling?” Taeyong asked and Yuta grimaced.

 

 

“A little sore.” He answered and Taeyong pouted but Yuta assured him that it was okay.

 

 

A knock on the door and Jaemin opened it only to smile at the nurse who brought in Jungwoo and Hina, both in their carriage and bundled in their fluffy blue and pink blankets. “Xiaojun look at how cute they are!” Jaemin remarked and Xiaojun walked to his brother and cooed at their siblings, the other set of twins were sleeping but their fluffy red cheeks and button noses are too adorable.

 

 

“They look so cute!” Xiaojun remarked and held back his tears, he was emotional seeing their siblings.

 

 

“Okay let them meet their father.” Taeyong pulled his boys away as the nurses chuckled and wheeled the carriage closer to Yuta’s bed.

 

 

“Jungwoo is waking up soon” Nurse Kim said and she handed the baby to Yuta. “Would you need help in feeding him?” She asked and Yuta nodded. She assisted him to move his robe slightly and positioned Jungwoo to feel his father’s . Once Jungwoo had smelled the milk, he was ling on Yuta.

 

The three looked on lovingly as Jungwoo led and Nurse Jung took the opportunity to hand Hina to Taeyong who thanked her. Hina was still sleeping but feeling his father’s warmth, she moved her head, as if rubbing it on Taeyong’s chest. Jaemin was all giddy as he looked at her, soft pink cheeks and  a few hair strands tickling his skin.

 

 

“She’s so pretty.” Xiaojun exclaimed and Yuta smiled at him.

 

 

“Of course, your Touchan is so pretty.” Taeyong answered and it made Yuta laugh.

 

 

-----

 

> 1 year after <

 

Yuta was huffing as Jaemin shook his head. It was the twin’s first birthday but Jaemin was adamant that he’ll hold his brother for the meantime, not wanting his father to have his stitches undone after the incident a few months ago. Yuta rolled his eyes but deep down he was grateful that his sons were responsible. Taeyong did not even have luck with Xiaojun as the younger was holding Hina like his own daughter and it did not give him any chance to hold his precious princess.

 

“You’re hogging her!”  Taeyong whined but Xioajun relented, he will not let go of his sister.

 

 

“Go meet the guests appa.” Xiaojun shooed his father away and Taeyong left dejected but when he heard Yuta laugh at him and eventually hugging him, he finally smiled and laughed along.

 

 

“Come on, you need to greet the guests.” Yuta ushered him towards the door and true enough the first few guests were arriving.

 

 

 

Yuta and Taeyong greeted the Seo’s first and the patriarch was pouting as he greeted them and Yuta can only laugh. “I can’t even hold my babies!” Johnny whined but Kun just laughed at his husband’s misery.

“Hendery give me Victoria!” Johnny whined but the kid shook his head, no way in hell will he give his sister to his father.

 

 

“No luck then?” Taeyong asked and Johnny sighed.

 

 

“Nope.” Johnny sighed as he led his husband towards a table, pushing the trollies for the three seven-month old.

 

 

Kun had given birth five months after Yuta, and he had twins this time, the older they named Song Qian but Johnny liked to call her Queen Victoria and the younger, they named him Junhui but Johnny wanted to call him Prince Jun just because his Korean name sounded weird and the Chinese character for Jun meant handsome. Ten also gave birth a week after Kun to a daughter who they named Sungkyung but Johnny and his tendency to rename his children fondly called her Princess Lami.

 

Doyoung and Jaehyun arrived shortly after, with Jeno pushing the trollies for his twin siblings Koeun and Soonyoung. Donghyuck waved at Taeyong and Yuta before pulling the trollies and Jeno towards the teens who had their siblings in their hands already playing in the mat area.

 

 

“How are they?” Yuta asked and Doyoung smiled wide.

 

 

“Pretty loud but totally affectionate.” Doyoung answered.

 

 

“The only tame one is Jeno.” Jaehyun chuckled.

 

 

The twins were a miracle for Doyoung and Jaehyun, born only two months ago in sheer luck after a miscarriage. Doyoung had taken everything into consideration, including resigning as the editor in order to focus on his pregnancy and his children after.

 

 

Sicheng and Taeil greeted them and they were holding their four month old twin daughters, Wendy and Yizhou. Renjun and Chenle greeted them and took the twins away from their fathers as they joined their friends over at the mat. Taeil sighed but made no move on controlling them as he pushed the stroller towards the matted area.

 

 

“Renjun is really good at taking care of them.” Sicheng beamed proudly.

 

 

“That’s my boy!” Yuta laughed.

 

 

The birthday party was filled with fun and laughter, and a lot of whining courtesy of Johnny and Taeyong who got rejected by their own sons to hold their newborns. There were games that were not necessarily kid friendly but who were they kidding, they were all grown ups already. Johnny finally got to hold his Queen Victoria as Hendery pulled Xiaojun as they play peppero kiss, making Ten and Kun laugh at how excited Johnny was to hold her.

 

 

When it was time to blow the candle, Jungwoo turned to kiss Jaemin and the older had to scream in shock while Jungwoo giggled. Hina on the other hand stuck to Xiaojun, burying her face on her brother’s chest. Yuta and Taeyong grabbed them from their sons as the two scurried to hand over the tray for the babies to pick. Xiaojun presented his tray to Hina while Jaemin presented his tray to Jungwoo. Yuta and Taeyong urged them to pick their item; with Yuta egging Hina to pick the mirror and Jungwoo to pick the football while Taeyong prayed Hina would pic the spatula and Jungwoo to pick the money. There were bets being made as the kids looked at the tray but they were all surprised when both twins picked up the toy microphone and a loud cheer from Doyoung erupted, he was the one who placed the ‘vroom mic’ on the tray.

 

 

“Pay up Jung Jaehyun!” Doyoung said and everyone laughed as Jaehyun took out his wallet to pay Doyoung.

 

 

“Why not pick the money!” Jaehyun bitterly said but the kiss from Doyoung was all he needed to turn the frown into a smile.

 

 

“Please pick a camera okay Queen?” Johnny said as he swayed Victoria, the kid gurgled happily.

 

 

They then all gathered to take pictures and each click of the camera registered happy faces. Taeyong pulled his husband close to his body and kissed him as Jaemin and Xiaojun grimaced next to them, holding gurgling Hina and Jungwoo.

 

“I love you.” Taeyong said and pecked his husband’s lips once more and Yuta was left breathless.

 

 

‘I love you.” Yuta replied and before they could kiss again. Jaemin shoved Jungwoo into Yuta’s arms and Xiaojun did the same, handing Hina to Taeyong.

 

 

“Stop being gross, this is a birthday party not your honeymoon.” Jaemin remarked but winked at them before pulling Xiaojun to join their boyfriends at a table.

 

 

“We love you.” Yuta and Taeyong shouted and both twins turned to them and blew them a kiss.

 

 

“We love you too.” They said, giggling as they sat next to their boyfriends.

 

--end--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Fun Fact, my mom was advised to deliver our youngest at 8 months due to my mom’s high blood pressure; if she did not give birth, my sis could have died.

 

This started as a random thought I posted in twitter but never knew people will get interested in it.  Yutae is very dear to me and seeing Xiaojun and Jaemin look like yutae clones just struck me hard. Anyway, I hope you had enjoyed the story and that I made up for the angst on the earlier chapters. Please continue loving and supporting Yutae and NCT, and extend your love to WayV!

 

Thank you for supporting this story.

Until next time~

 

This has been Jhengchie

 

 You Look Like My Dad

Sept 22, 2018 – Jan 16, 2019