To Forever

You Look Like My Dad

a/n: well, this is it.

 

 

-----

 

 

Christmas was especially joyful for the Lee’s as they gathered around their dinner table and shared their Christmas dinner with glasses of non-alcoholic beverages much to the chagrin of their sons, but they were assured that they’ll be given on New Year’s eve which earned cheers from their sons. Yuta complimented Taeyongs cooking and the older became flustered like it wasn’t thrown at him at a regular basis, but with Yuta, he’ll forever be flustered and whipped.

 

 

They exchanged gifts soon after, small things because they all decided that they won’t really need extravagant and expensive ones since the best gift they could receive is being together. Jaemin whipped out a painting for them, and they noticed that it was a custom painting of their family portrait.

 

 

“I asked Renjun to do it.” Jaemin confessed and both Taeyong and Yuta hugged him and kissed his temple while Xioajun patted his back.

 

 

Xiaojun handed them each a scroll and they were both surprised that it was a calligraphy of their family names, both of Lee and Nakamoto.

 

 

“Hendery helped me find a store to do this, I made mistakes but I hope it is okay.” Xiaojun confessed and both his parents hugged him tightly and peck his temple.

 

 

“This is just perfect.” Yuta was almost tearing up.

 

 

“And we got you something too.” Taeyong and Yuta handed each a box and when they opened it, they were surprised.

 

 

Inside the boxes were rings, two for Jaemin and one for the Xiaojun. They were gaping but their parents just smiled at them. “We thought it would be nice to give you heirlooms. I hope you use it wisely.” Taeyong said and both nodded and thanked them.

 

 

“Be sure to propose first okay?” Yuta said and they both nodded.

 

 

Once they were back to their room Taeyong kissed his husband and greeted him a Merry Christmas. Yuta made him sit on the bed and handed him a box that confused Taeyong but Yuta urged him to open it and when he did, he felt tears fall from his eyes and he kissed and hugged his husband as he told him endless I love you’s.

 

 

Just after New Years, Doyoung had pulled Yuta and Jaemin towards a bespoke seamstress and had them fit their Kimonos. Jaemin was delighted as he saw his very first Kimono and that made Yuta laugh loudly, ruffling his teen’s hair as he stepped next to him to check the garment.

 

 

“I hope that it is accurate.” The seamstress told Yuta who nodded in acknowledgement.

 

 

“It is, can we try them on?” Yuta asked and she nodded, helping the father and son towards the dressing room.

 

 

Yuta helped his son with the obi, something that only trained people could do aside from the native Japanese. Jaemin was really intrigued with how they were done and Yuta taught his son every step of the way. Jaemin listened very well, fully intending to learn it and wear his culture proudly. Once Jaemin was done, Yuta changed into his and they both showed themselves to Doyoung who choked on his coffee.

 

 

“Wow, just wow.” Doyoung remarked. “You both looked really good!” Doyoung grinned, inspecting every angle then giving the seamstress a thumbs up.

 

 

“I will be hemming them, so please stand on the platform.” She said and Jaemin stood first for her.

 

 

“Do you think Taeyong would like this?” Yuta asked and Doyoung shook his head.

 

 

“He’s gonna freak out and love it!” Dyoung chirped and that made Yuta laugh.

 

 

 

-----

 

Sicheng was tasked to join Taeyong and Xiaojun for their Hanbok fitting. Taeyong was chuckling as Xioajun excitedly ran to where his first hanbok was displayed. Xioajun’s eyes were shining and it was a sight to see.

 

 

“Are you excited to wear it?” Taeyong asked and Xiaojun nodded. “Let’s go.” Taeyong said and Xiaojun all but ran to the changing room while Taeyong laughed at his son.

 

 

“He has the energy of Yuta hyung.” Sicheng said with a smile.

 

“Well I would take a fluff ball Xiaojun over a tsundere Xiaojun anyday.” Taeyong remarked and walked towards the changing room leaving a chuckling Sicheng to wait for them.

 

 

Xiaojun was confused as the clothes were presented to him but thankfully, Taeyong helped him by telling him what is what and Xiaojun nodded and thanked him for the information. Xiaojun changed into his baji and donned his magoja then presented himself to his godfather who looked really pleased at how he looked. Taeyong stepped out with his hanbok and Sicheng smiled wide and gave them both thumbs up. They look spectacular and Taeyong praised his son, and he reminded him of his first choseok with Yuta, where they wore matching Hanbok and visited his parents, it was a fond memory.

 

 

“Your grandparents would be ecstatic when they see you.” Taeyong remarked and Xiaojun smiled and hugged his father.

 

“really?” Xiaojun asked and Taeyong nodded. “Can’t wait to see them too.” Xiaojun said and it made Taeyong smile wide as he hugged his son

 

 

Before February rolled in, they were rushing celebrating several birthdays before Taeyong and Yuta’s wedding renewals and Ten was glad that his birthday came after February 19 so that was one less birthday to worry about.

 

“Why don’t we just go have a rehearsal dinner of sort and just celebrate all the February birthdays?” Johnny suggested and they all nodded and thanked him for having an active braincell amidst the clouded ones rushing through wedding planning.

 

 

“You’re awesome, and it saves us a ton of money and calories.” Ten praised his husband who laughed and raised a glass, they were still celebrating Lucas and Kun’s birthday at the moment.

 

 

“Do you have plan on the 17th then? Because that would be the only time we can squeeze in a rehearsal dinner.” Jaehyun asked and everyone shook their heads. “Great, 17th it is.” Jaehyun said and everyone nodded.

 

 

The rehearsal dinner was pretty tame and laid back as they gathered in Taeyong’s restaurant. Taeyong, Kun and Jaehyun had helped in the preparation of the food, because they are such saps and they would want to make it as homemade as possible. Mingyu, one of the junior chefs helped them and they were thankful because with so many people, it’s like feeding a restaurant in full service.

 

Taeyong and Yuta’s families came to the dinner and the Nakamoto’s and Lee’s both exchange pleasantries, with Jaemin and Xiaojun sticking to them and the latter translating for the two sets of parents. Xiaojun gladly introduced Jaemin to his cousins from Haruna and Momoka, and Jaemin introduced his cousin from Taeyong’s sister. It was a joyous moment and they had a bit of wine and champagne to celebrate but Taeyong made sure that Yuta is sober and would not drink a single drop of alcohol, they didn’t need a drunk Yuta before their wedding.

 

 

As the sun rose on February 19th, Yuta woke up in a hotel room with Xiaojun tucked beside him and it made him smile. Even though they were married already, the whole squad was adamant that they treat this as their original wedding, so it goes that they do not see each other until they meet at the altar. Yuta stretched his arms and opened the window to watch the sun rise and smiled, because after 20 long years, he get to have his dream wedding. Xiaojun woke up with  a stir and he walked up to his father and kissed his cheek before going to the bathroom to wash up. Yuta chuckled at how cute his son was, and opened the door when he heard a knock. Sicheng made sure that he was taken care of as room service delivered their breakfast with a lavish bouquet and a note from his friends. Xiaojun sat next to Yuta and they enjoyed their breakfast, knowing that later on the day, they will be separated as he takes care of Jaemin’s Kimono and Taeyong will take care of Xiaojun’s Hanbok.

 

 

Taeyong was grinning as he ate breakfast with Jaemin, both of them are overly excited at how the day will commence. Jaemin had teased his father how gorgeous Yuta looks in the kimono. They were laughing and cuddling, and Taeyong surely loved his son, and Jaemin was grateful for him, because despite shortcomings, he still get to have a loving father. Johnny knocked on their suite to inform them that they needed to take a bath so Donghyuck can start on their makeup and he could get shots of them for the presentation. Jaemin allowed his father to go first since he was the groom and he took the time to facetime Xiaojun who was eager to meet his twin. They were both excited and they decided that they switched now so they could spend time with their other as well. Jaemin took his toiletries and clothes and hurried to the 6th floor while Xiaojun went down to the 5th floor. They met at the elevator and after exchanging hugs, they went to their mission.

 

 

Taeyong was surprised to see Xiaojun but he hugged the son and told him to take a bath already, complaining about how dirty he was. Xiaojun pouted and that made Taeyong laugh. Taeyong changed into a dark grey robe that Ten insisted because he should be Mr. Grey; Taeyong rolled his eyes at that. Once Xiaojun came out in his sweats, Taeyong frowned, he wanted to be comfortable too.

 

 

Donghyuck came with the rest of the bowtie squad and Xiaojun was happy that Hendery tagged along. Taeyong was made to sit in front of the vanity and Dongghyuck started to work on his face. Johnny took shots candidly as Jaehyun popped open a bottle of whiskey. Taeyong raised a brow but accepted the liquor anyway. The kids were handed one as well and they raised them to cheer on Taeyong. Their photographer was a close friend of Johnny, Myungsoo was a renowned photographer and he talked to Taeyong on what concept and photos he wanted to take. Taeyong nodded in understanding and Myungsoo allowed him to have his make up done as he take behind shots.

 

 

“I can’t believe you didn’t entrust your rings to your kids.” Jaehyun whined.

 

 

“We all knew Sicheng is the best person for that.” Taeil answered for Taeyong.

 

 

“But why am I not your best man?” Jaehyun whined again.

 

 

“He has twin sons who would be the best choices.” Johnny answered and Jaehyun pouted even more.

 

 

“I won’t invite any of you to my wedding.” Jaehyun announced.

 

 

‘Sure appa, I won’t attend.” Donghyuck said while he was applying the eyeliner and that made everyone laugh and Jaehyun panicked.

 

After the make up was done, Taeyong helped Xiaojun into his hanbok before he changed into his own. Myungsoo then asked them to pose for some pictures and the two gladly smiled for the camera. Taeyong then handed Xiaojun a box and instructed his son to give to Yuta. Xiaojun beamed him a smile and did as he was told, kissing his father’s cheek before he left to Yuta’s room.

 

 

---

 

Yuta was smiling and laughing as he welcomed his squad into his hotel room. They offered him champagne but Jaemin stopped them, telling them that the alcohol will upset his father’s stomach and they inquired if he was okay, Yuta nodded and told them of some indigestion problem he had a while back and that the doctor advised holding off on a few foods and drinks.

 

Donghyuck came after he was done with Taeyong and started on Yuta. Sungyeol, Myungsoo’s business partner, came with him to take photographs and Yuta thanked him for the trouble. The atmosphere in his suite was lovely and Jaemin was even playing along with the older ones. Renjun was rolling on the bed as Jaemin dance battled with Ten and they ended up dancing to some seductive latin song that Yuta had to stop because Ten might turn the room into a strip club. Ten frowned but he’ll live.

 

 

Xiaojun entered the suite with a smile and when he handed the gift Taeyong had prepared, Yuta was all smiles. He took out a bracelet and showed it to everyone, and they were grinning happily for their friend. He kissed both sons and asked Xiaojun to stay for some photos as they changed into their Kimonos. Yuta helped Jaemin into his before he changed into his own and when he stepped out to meet them, they were smiling with tears on their eyes. Sungyeol asked the father and sons to pose for a while and then allowed Jaemin and Xiaojun to go back to Taeyong to give Yuta’s gift.

 

Taeyong shed a tear as looked at Jaemin in his kimono. He kissed his son’s cheek and the boy shoved the gift to his father who grinned as he took out the mismatched pair of earrings. Taeyong knew that the other pair is with Yuta and he quickly wore it, glad that he could have a piece of Yuta with him. Myungsoo asked them to pose for pictures and they did before Xiaojun returned to his father to stand as his best man.

 

---

 

 

Taeyong was nervous as he stood in front of the door to wait for the ceremony. His mom held his hand and smiled at him, this has been their dream 2 year ago and now it will come true, their son is getting properly married and they couldn’t ask for more. The door opened and Jaemin confidently stepped inside as Taeyong’s best man. Taeyong and his parents followed after his son and they smiled to the guests as they walked down the aisle. Taeyong kissed his parents as they reached the front and Mr. Lee escorted his wife to their designated seats. Taeyong stood next to Jaemin who extended a hand which the elder took gratefully. Taeyong and Jaemin waited for a while and people were impressed and at awe at how Taeyong’s Hanbok contrasted but complimented Jaemin’s kimono. The dark Red and deep blue with roses and a dragon, was strong against the pale blue and white Kimono.

 

 

The door opened and the song changed, Taeyong noticed that it was Kun, Doyoung, Taeil and Jaehyun who were singing as Johnny played the piano. Xiaojun walked up first in his muted red Hanbok and Taeyong gripped Jaemin’s hand tighter as Yuta walked in. The red and blue kimono was just as striking and Yuta was glowing as he smiled while walking down the aisle along with his parents. Taeyong was choked with emotions as he watched his husband walked down the aisle. It was all that he had envisioned and more, and Yuta looked ethereal and before he knew it, Jaemin was wiping his tears.

 

Mr. Nakamoto handed his son’s hand to Taeyong and Mrs. Nakamoto kissed him on his cheek before they went to their seats. Finally they were here to seal their love and fate, as one and it made them both extremely emotional. Yuta wiped a few stray tears from his husband’s eye and assured him that they were going anywhere but home with each other. Taeyong took a deep breath and faced the officiant who happened to be Hansol.

 

It was a simple and intimate ceremony that when they exchanged their vows, everyone was tearing up at how heartfelt each word that was uttered. They never let go of each other’s hands, and the smiles never left their faces, they truly loved each other and it showed, through their words and actions.

 

Sicheng handed them their rings and Yuta gasped at how beautiful the silver band was, with opal and ruby inlaid on them. Taeyong smiled and kissed his husband’s hand after he inserted the ring. Yuta was emotional as he did the same, gripping Taeyong’s hand tightly and never letting him go. Hansol had declared their renewal of vows completed and they should seal their promise with a kiss, and this time, they savored each other, showing the whole world that they are indeed destined to forever.

 

 

 

---

 

Taeyong and Yuta attended a press conference soon after, shortly answering the reporters’ question about their ceremony, their status and eventually congratulating them on their union. Doyoung made sure they stick to the schedule, warning the reporters that this is not a public event and the limited access they received were due to the couple’s generosity more than their responsibility; the reporters dismissed quietly soon after.

 

 

The hotel ballroom was transformed to a red and blue paradise. Pictures of the happy couple and their family lined the halls and everyone was praising and cooing at the pictures, they captured the love Yuta and Taeyong have for each other.

 

 

Kun and Taeil enlisted the help of their senior and good friend Leeteuk to host the reception and when Yuta and Taeyong were called to have their first dance, they were utterly surprised and shell shocked because DBSK stood in front of him and Kun started playing a familiar song. Yuta was shedding tears and Taeyong pulled him into an embrace and kissed his head then wrapped his arm around his husband. They swayed to the music and Yuta finally looked at him with his tear stained face.

 

 

“This song is my favorite.” Yuta said and Taeyong smiled and kissed him.

 

 

“I know.” Taeyong replied and they swayed to the music, lost in the harmony and voices of DBSK as they sang Bolero.

 

 

It was a special song for them, that special song that Yuta sang for him when he confessed to him, how much Taeyong brought him comfort and pulled him out of darkness, how Taeyong made him feel safe to tell his emotions without judgement. And for Yuta’s idols to sing it, all five of them, this was too much of a gift for him. Kun and Taeil high-fived as they watch Yuta enjoy the moment, they went through hell to arrange this but it was all worth it, for Yuta and Taeyong, it was all worth it.

 

 

After the song, the five gifted them another song and this time Jaemin and Xiaojun joined them and they handed their fathers red lightsticks as the lights dimmed and the room was filled with red lights. Yuta kissed each of his son’s cheek before kissing his husband on the lips, grateful to have this moment and this family to call his own.

 

 

Applause erupted as the five finished the song, and they personally went to congratulate the couple, and Yuta couldn’t be any happier as he thanked them for their wonderful gift. The program continued with the wine and cake but Jaemin assured him that they made Sicheng choose a sparkling grape juice instead of wine.

 

 

“May we call in Jaemin, one of the best man, to give his toast.” Leeteuk announced and Jaemin took the mic and faced his parents.

 

 

“I just feel like the title was given because I was the son but I took it quite to heart to play the role.” Jaemin started and everyone laughed. “For those who knew me, I took the family name Nakamoto instead of Lee and despite asking my father why, the vague answer I received was that he was grateful for my birthfather.” Jaemin smiled towards Yuta. “I never knew what those words meant until I saw my appa and touchan reunite. All those years that I was raised by a single father, he still kept my touchan in his heart and never stopped loving him. To keep my father’s last name, it tells tales of his deep rooted emotions, of his hope that one day, he’ll hold his one true love once more. I am happy that it happened, and that I met my touchan. It did not just completed my family, it completed my appa. If soulmates exists, then I am looking at the perfect example; Despite the distance and the time, they never forgot what each other meant, and love still flourished between them.” Jaemin said as tear build from the side of his eyes while both Taeyong and Yuta tried to keep their tears from falling.

 

“A toast to forever.” Jaemin raised his glass and everyone gave a toast for Yuta and Taeyong.

 

 

“That was an emotional speech. Now we’ll have their other son Xiaojun to say a few words.” Leeteuk called out Xiaojun and the boy gladly took the mic.

 

“hello, thank you for coming.” Xiaojun greeted and then turned to his fathers. “I guess you’ve heard the Lee side of the equation, so I want to share the Nakamoto side.” Xiaojun said and everyone chuckled. “My father is an idol in his own right yet the bright lights never blinded him, he raised me to be humble and to be grateful, especially to the people who named me. Growing up as a Japanese with a Korean surname and a Chinese first name, I get bullied at times but that was not an excuse to hate people, my father always told me to love my name. Maybe I never understood it back then but now I know why he wanted me to treasure it. In the last seventeen years, my father never got to use Lee as his surname, he never had the chance to show everyone who he belonged to. I only understood the longing to have the Lee attached to his name, now that I see him treasure each moment he had with my appa.” Xiaojun paused and smiled at his parents.

 

“If red strings of fate exists, my parents is a prime example. No matter how long they had separated, they were pulled back together, tied and knotted. They are each other’s soulmate as Jaemin had said, yet they are also each other’s true love, best friend and home. To people who haven’t found a significant other, It can sound vague and false but to those who had seen their future reflect from their partner’s eyes, then you can understand what I was trying to say.” Xiaojun then raised his glass. “A toast to forever, a toast to uniting heart, a toast for Yuta and Taeyong.” He said and everyone gave their toast.

 

Before the night was over, Taeyong and Yuta were called to give their speeches. Taeyong took the microphone and stood in front of everyone, holding Yuta close to him.

 

 

“Thank you so much for attending our wedding. We would like to thank our friends for going all out with the preparations, you did an amazing job and had surprised both of us. You gave us both the wedding of our dreams, and this will truly be engraved in our memories.” Taeyong paused and they both bowed shallowly.

 

“We would also like to thank our parents for being patient and supportive in our darkest times and both Yuta and I are grateful for your undying and overwhelming love.” Taeyong said and then led Yuta towards their parents. They smiled at them and then made a full bow to show their gratitude. Once they were upright, Both set of parents hugged them tightly.

 

 

“And we especially ant to thank our sons, for making this reunion happen, and for accepting us back into their lives.” Taeyong said and they called their sons to join them. Both Jaemin and Xiaojun kissed their father’s cheek then smiled because they knew what was coming next.

 

And as a family, we want to tell everyone an exciting news.” Taeyong smiled and Yuta kissed his husband’s cheek. “We are expecting.” Taeyong said and everyone was quiet. “Yuta is five months pregnant and we are expecting our third child soon.” Taeyong said and after a moment of silence, everyone cheered and their friends ran towards them to congratulate them.

 

 

‘I knew it! Why would you stop drinking alcohol! I knew it!” Sicheng pointed a finger towards his friend who laughed loudly.

 

 

“Damn I want a child too!!!” Johnny whined and Kun kissed his cheek.

 

 

“We were waiting for you to say it.” Kun whispered and that made Johnny smile wide.

 

 

----

 

 

a/n: Well thankfully this is the end but there will be an epilogue! Yay!

 

So just some clarifications: Yes they are in their early forties, but they can still get pregnant. My mom had our youngest when she was 39 and I was turning 18. And when my sister was born, people assumed that she was my daughter XD

 

And someone asked me why Jungwoo wasn’t mentioned, well here is your answer, Jungwoo would be Yutae’s third child ^^ and that Kimono escapade … Jungwoo was made lols

 

Feb 19 is Jungwoo’s birthday so I made that as Yutae’s anniversary. ^^

 

One more chapter and we are done.. Thank you for staying with me!