Eunbi unnie

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Umji sat by Eunha's bedside, her hands clasped tightly around Eunha's as the older was being checked by the daycare nurse.

"She's going to be fine right?"

Umji started to whimper when the nurse didn't respond, only focused on checking Eunha's reddish throat, seeing the bandages there, she checked under them for infection, but the injection sites were fine. 

"I'll just replace her bandages and call her parents."

"But is she okay?"

"How can anyone with that be okay?"

Umji shut up and scooted closer to Eunha, the nurse was being scary and she didn't like it. But she wasn't strong enough to carry Eunha back to their room to rest on her own.

"You should go back to your room."

"But Eunha unnie will be lonely then."

"Go back to your room, you can't do anything for her anyways."

"I can keep her company!"

The nurse sighed and pushed Umji out of the room, forcing her to go back to her room. Huffing as the door closed Umji sat in the midst of the blankets and pillows, trying to comfort herself that Eunha would be okay, remembering how the older Eunbi would wrap herself so carefully in the blankets to sleep the day away, somehow convincing Yuju to join her without fail every time. Smiling sadly, Umji hugged the blankets tightly, waiting for anything to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, I think if Sohyun unnie comes-"

Sowon stopped midsentence when she entered the room, Yuju bumped into her back lightly. Rubbing her nose, Yuju peeked over Sowon's shoulder.

"Unnie?"

"Yewon ah."

Rushing to their maknae's side, Sowon hugged her gently, quickly using her sleeve to wipe the sweat off the younger's forehead.

"Yewon ah, talk to me."

"Uh? It's Sowon unnie."

"Yea, I'm here, what's wrong? Are you hurting somewhere?"

Umji shifted a little, her hands were a little shaky.

"Um, I have the flu mum says, but it's okay unnie."

"Did you have medicine?"

"Yea, I did."

Seeing Umji's smile reassured the eldest some, but she was still upset that there were no adults watching over the sick youngest. What if she had a fever that boiled over and she passed out?

"But Sowon unnie?"

"Oh? What is it? Tell unnie, I'll do what ever is it you need."

"that...uhhh Eunha unnie is in the nurses's office. I couldn't bring her back."

Umji rubbed her face, her stomachache had come back a little. Sitting upright though, she felt a little better, had she been curled up for too long?

"Eunha? She's in there?"

"Mm, she fainted and I called the nurse, so she's there. But the nurse was mean, and scary."

The door slammed open, the girls jumped slightly.

"Yewon ah!"

"Oh, SinB Eunbi, you're here."

"Where were you at break! I had to hang out with Suji alone! Are you sick? Hurt? WHO DID IT? I'll get them and teach them a lesson!"

Rolling up her sleeves, she finally stopped when Yerin tugged her arm down.

"Muji is a little sick, let her rest a bit. We also have to go retrieve Eunha from the nurses, could you stay with Muji?"

"Of course! Leave her to me!"

SinB hurriedly pushed Sowon a little bit to squeeze in between, taking Sowon's position and leaned Umji's head on her shoulder.

"Tell me if you need anything Yewon ah. I'm right here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon held Yerin's hand as they went to the nurse's office, Yuju followed closely behind, not trusting her sense of direction, she needed to get to Eunha and fast. Seeing the correct door, Yuju sped past the two and shoved te door open with her shoulder.

Finding Eunha's bed in an instant, she checked her over, placing the back of her hand on Eunha's forehead, carefully checking under the collar of Eunha's sweater to make sure she wasn't bleeding.

"What are you kids doing in here?"

"I'm taking my wife back."

"You can't do that."

"Yes, I can! She doesn't belong here! She hates being here, and I want her to feel better when she wakes up, with me at her side."

Yuju untucked the blanket from around Eunha, the nurse just tsked and took the blanket away, letting them do as they pleased, there wasn't anything she could do for Eunha anyways.

With the help of Sowon and Yeirn, they carefully toted Eunha onto Yuju's back, careful of her neck.

"I'll get you back safe and sound, don't you worry Eunha yah."

Sowon smiled a little as she lead the way, Yerin bringing up the rear just in case.

"Unnie do you know why she could faint?"

"Well, fainting usually is lack of energy.  Since she was with muji since before, she probably had an appointment before coming here and skipped school."

"Of course, Unnie is super smart."

"I may be smart, but I don't know what Eunha's hiding, I trust that you've kept it safe?"

"Yes, and I won't tell you."

"I figured as much."

Their walk grew quiet, with the occasional sound of their shoes squeaking on the floor. Yuju shuffled a little bit, adjusting her grip on Eunha.

"Unnie? Do you think one could faint from blood loss?"

"Huh? Of course?"

Yuju hummed, then it could have been the blood test that Eunha had to take every so often. Maybe she had some blood taken and she didn't have enough energy. Reaching their room, Sowon held the door open for Yuju to get in safely, also helping set EUnha down on the mats near Umji.

"She hasn't woken up?"

"Muji ah, did she eat anything when she was here?"

"My dad made sure she had a little lunch, she tried to refuse a lot of it though."

Sowon patted Yuju's head lightly, comforting the girl.

"She might not have been eating properly as well, another reason for lack of energy. Yuna yah, when she wakes up, give her this piece of chocolate okay?"

taking the small wrapped choclate and putting it safely in her pocket, she saluted Sowon.

"Kim Yewon? Your mother is here."

Umji stood up and patted SinB's arm.

"I'll be going home now, tell Jessica unnie I said hi alright?"

"But-"

"I'll rest at home, don't worry."

She went over and kissed Eunha's cheek.

"I hope you can still come to daycare tomorrow unnie, see you."

Finishing her goodbyes, she exited the room. SinB pouted and went to Yerin's side, where the older just laughed a little.

"You're too attached Eunbi ah."

"Am I? Should I give Yewon her space?"

Yerin just chuckled, letting the younger wonder whether or not she was bothering her best friend.

"I'll...."

"You should just ask her first SinB."

"Yea! I'll do that."

Sowon watched worriedly from her seat, atop a bookshelf that was slightly too tall for the other girls to get up on. Two of her kids had a sickness, one minor, one major. Her sister was supposed to come back today, at least that's what she had promised, all Sowon could do was to wait for whoever would come pick her up, and hope it was her sister. Yerin was finally relaxing more around her, even more so to the point that Sowon had begun to tell Yerin more things. Yuju knew somethings that Sowon wouldn't pull out of her, but also, her sister would be able to give her more support soon. Sighing, Sowon ran a hand through her hair. Noting that it was getting longer, she looked out the window. The skies were greyish.

=====================

Spoilers: Tomorrow is SinB