tomorrow

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB ran inside as the sky darkened, was it going to rain? She wasn't sure, but Tiffany did tell her to hurry inside before she drove off to get the other children. Instead of waiting a bit before going back out, Tiffany had gone early to anticipate the rainy day traffic jam, as well as pick up/drop off zone hogging.

Throwing her backpack in her room, SinB rubbed her hands together to warm them up. It was a bit chilly to her even inside. Going downstairs and remembering to keep her hand on the railing as she descended, SinB grumbled quietly to herself. Why did Yewon have to tell her a scary story about someone falling on the stairs and dying and becoming a ghost? Now she was afraid of falling, more so than before. She had experienced rolling down the stairs, but those memories were from the dark times, she hadn't officially tripped on the stairs on her own before. Bouncing off the last step with a grin, she went to the kitchen.

Not seeing her target, SinB asked the other kids at the table.

"Hey, do you guys know where Taeyeon unnie is?"

"Tae omma? She's in the laundry room."

Thanking them and heading to the laundry room under the stairs, near the garage, SinB peeked the doorway before entering.

"Taeyeon unnie?"

"Hm? Oh, Eunbi ah, what's up?"

Taeyeon was looking at her, but her hands were still busily moving the laundry from the washer to the dryer, shaking each article out thoroughly.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

Taeyeon turned away for a split second, closing the dryer door and pressing some buttons to start it. Wiping her hands on her apron, she looked back to SinB.

"Could, could you teach me how to make hot chocolate?"

"Haha!"

"Wh-what is it?"

Taeyeon just sighed happily and reached her arms out for SinB to go to her. Once she hugged SinB and lifted her up, she kissed SinB's cheek.

"You're not allowed near the cooking utensils just yet young grasshopper."

"Grasshopper?"

"You're still young, it's dangerous. Instead, I'll let you order a hot chocolate whenever you want."

"Even right before bed?"

"Even right before bed, but no marshmallows then, because you need to sleep well, not an energy boost."

SinB giggled as Taeyeon tickled her sides, carrying them to the kitchen. Seating SinB on the counter, Taeyeon pulled out a mug and a packet of choco powder.

"Now, I told you that you can't do it yet, but I'm not so cruel as to not let you know."

SinB watched closely as Taeyeon poured the choco powder into the mug and heating milk in a small pot on the stove at the same time.

"Taeyeon unnie? Is this called multi....multi-tasking? Was that what Sowon unnie said?"

SinB hummed and rubbed her chin, looking at the ground as she thought. Taeyeon just chuckled and ruffled her hair lightly, making SinB whine and fix her hair.

"Ei! Don't do that! Yewonnie combed it straight for me!"

"Mian mian, here, your hot chocolate."

Distracted, SinB held the warm mug gently, warming her cold hands as Taeyeon added five little marshmallows.

"And yes, that was multi-tasking."

SinB grinned as Taeyeon left the kitchen, she happily swung her legs, humming as she waited for her hot chocolate to cool a little more before drinking. Then she noticed something.

"Uh oh."

She didn't know how to get down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Krystal unnie!"

Krystal yelped, a hand shooting up to soothe her racing heart, she had just entering the orphanage, who was yelling her name out so desperately? Looking in the doorway to the kitchen, she raised an eyebrow.

"What are you all teary eyed about?"

SinB roughly wiped her eyes before sniffling a little.

"N-nothing!"

"But you called my name?"

"I...I need help."

"Help?"

SinB huffed a breath and pouted, looking up at Krystal with her sad eyes.

"I can't get down."

Krystal stared at SinB for a bit longer, determining that SinB was being serious. Bursting out in laughter, Krystal held her stomach as her laughs nearly crippled her. Clapping her hands, Krystal took deep breaths and fanned herself, calming down.

"Oh goodness, I'm sorry haha, I've had a stressful day at work."

Lifting SinB up by her underarms, Krystal carried her to the living room, sitting on the couch, SinB on her lap facing her.

"It was refreshing, having such a unique issue to take care of."

"Don't make fun of me! I didn't put myself up there!"

"You didn't? I thought you would've, like a cat climbing a tree and can't come down on it's own."

SinB puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms.

"Not true. Taeyeon unnie put me up there."

"Really? Well, I'll have to tell her not to do it again."

Krystal caressed SinB's hair softly, brushing it in a relaxing way. SinB just let Krystal do as she pleased, her arms still crossed.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?"

"We're going to see Jess."

SinB hummed, her pout naturally coming out as she thought about it.

"A little, I'm excited, but I'm worried."

"Why? You think you won't be able to call me mom?"

"Sort of, I think I'd forget to call you mom, or something like that."

"We can practice."

SinB's eyes trailed off to find the fireplace again. Tucking her hands under her arms further, she tried to warm them more.

"Krystal omma."

"See? You'll do just fine."

SinB just sighed, she really didn't get the feeling of a mother from Krystal, more like a dorky older sister. Hopefully, tomorrow would be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krystal watched as SinB held back a shiver, casually wrapping her arms around SinB, Krystal held her closer.

"Are you cold?"

"A little."

Hugging was nice, it was warm, and it helped SinB stay calm, knowing that these hugs were nothing dangerous. Gripping her small hands into Krystal's sweater, she rubbed her cheek against the material softly.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Maybe."

Krystal smiled. Tomorrow had to be a success, she was certain that Jessica would love SinB properly. Even if they were a little frosty when growing up, they ended up just fine after all.

===============

It's a happy Sowon day but today isn't Sowon....sad. BUT not really! Because it's happy Sowon day, every story gets an update! woohooooooo happy birthdayyyyy to Sowon unnie!!!