We together

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Umji woke up with a start, she had a dream that wasn't exactly a dream, there were no stories, no adventures, just a feeling off falling until she woke up as if she hit the bottom finally.

Holding her hand over her heart, she evened her breath, calming her raging heart rate. She tried to think positively about the experience, her sister told her that those were 'growth' dreams. So long as you get those kinds of dreams even if you don't actually fall out of your bed, you were still growing. Umji didn't quite understand why that was a valid reason, since she was five and it was guaranteed that she'd grow. But her older brother said he hadn't had such a dream in a long time.

When she could no longer hear her own heartbeat, Umji looked around. It was oddly quiet, not that it was noisy when they went to nap, the girls weren't talking very well due to the sad atmosphere. Spotting a paper near her sleeping mat, she picked it up to read what was scribbled on it.

[Out to see Yuju's unnie, will be back before 3:30]

"3:30? That's when Yuju unnie's bus arrives."

Yuju was still on her early schedule home, even if there was no cousin at home to 'entertain'. Putting the paper on a table, Umji looked up at the only clock in the room.

"Hm, the short hand is between 2 and 3, two o'clock. The long hand....was it the faster one?"

She stared at the minute hand and the seconds hand. She was slightly confused as reading a clock was little practice when the world around her relied on digital clocks.

"No, the yellow hand is seconds. 7 and 8, thirty five to forty. Two thirty something higher than five."

Nodding to herself, Umji sat herself next to SinB who was still fast asleep. Shivering a bit, Umji wrapped herself in her blanket again, turning herself into a little snowman of blankets, only her face visible. Jumping when she heard a sneeze, Umji held her heart again, it was an accidental jumpscare, SinB sneezed and woke up.

"Awh...it's cold."

"Eunbi ah, do you want to come here?"

SinB rubbed her eyes as she rolled on her stomach to look at Umji, seeing the pile of blankets, she grinned.

"How'd that happen?"

"I did it? It's warm in here, come under this layer."

Umji held out her hand to show where SinB could crawl into the innermost layer of the blankets, the snowman shape now deforming to more of an igloo pile of blankets.

"It's warm in here."

"Of course! I'm keeping it heated with my body warmth!"

"Body warmth? Then I should hug you too."

SinB hugged Umji warmly, the two makanes giggling as they fell over, knocking the pile of blankets askew.

"Where'd the unnies go?"

"They went to go see Yuju unnie's unnie. They'll be back soon. Do you miss them?"

"Mm."

Umji patted SinB's head softly. It was always hard for SinB when she had to leave daycare with Tiffany, Umji was beginning to suspect that SinB had a slight abandonment issue.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere Eunbi ah."

"Yea."

The smile that spread on SinB's face made Umji happy, as long as Eunbi was happy, she'd be happy too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry! I see them coming! Unnie! Open the door!"

Umji and SinB who were flipping through the disney princess book that SinB had gotten from Krystal, looked up at the door as Sowon's sister opened the door and held it open for the three other children to tumble in.

"Unnie come inside! They can't know you're in here!"

Just chuckling, Sowon's sister obeyed and shut the door behind her, kneeling behind Sowon who was holding her arms out in a protective stance, blocking her sister from the door.

"Unnies!"

SinB got up to follow Umji who went over, something must have happened, Yuju was laughing and rolling on the floor with Eunha, when before Umji was asleep, she was moping around. A knock sounded at the door but it didn't open.

"Choi Yuna, your bus is here."

"Coming."

Yuju sighed and gave Eunha a sad smile, kissing her cheek one last time, she grabbed her backpack and thanked Sowon and her sister before leaving. Eunha just waved with a smile on her face. When Yuju was gone though, Eunha fell backwards on her back, releasing a sigh.

"Yuna was acting."

"You did well noticing."

"Thanks, Sohyun unnie." (....let's just name Sowon's sister Sohyun, I should have just given them all names at once aye decisions are so fickle.)

"But, you still acted that everything was alright, why?"

"So Yuna wouldn't know that I knew."

Sohyun smiled from her seat on the floor, Sowon was sitting on her crisscrossed legs.

"How thoughtful."

"I just didn't want her to be sad. Even if it was fake, Yuna did laugh. Laughter is a happiness magic, isn't it?"

"It is, I agree."

Immediately turning to Sowon, Sohyun tickled her little sister's sides until her peals of laughter filled the entire room, along with protests just as loud. Everyone smiled a little.

"So, can someone tell me what happened now?"

They looked to SinB, surprised that she asked instead of Umji.

"What? I know Yewon is curious too."

Sowon furrowed her eyebrows in concentration.

"This is going to take a while to explain...."

"You can do it Sojung ah."

Hearing her sister's praise, she relaxed a little.

"You know, how we went to go see Yuju's unnie? Yujin unnie?"

The two maknaes nodded in sync.

"She was in the hospital because something bad happened."

Umji swallowed as Sowon continued to tell the story, SinB held onto her arm, scared of the entire situation.

"W-wait, then is Yuju unnie okay?"

"She will be, muji ah, she will."

Eunha hugged SinB as the younger cried in her arms.

"Yuju unnie didn't deserve that! Waaaaaaaa!"

"No, she didn't. But she has us, and we can make it better."

Checking the clock, Sohyun patted Sowon's back lightly.

"I got a voice message earlier from Yerin apparently, when we were on the bus?"

"Yea? What'd she say?"

"Well, you'll see when we go home."

"What do you mean?"

Sohyun just laughed as Sowon demanded answers.

===============

intermission! oh and this one was late...because I fell asleep after grinning and writing an update for baby gfriend ehe....well I woke up again thankfully hehe