Queen

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

"Yewon ah, bring me a cup of water."

"Right away your majesty."

Umji bit back a giggle as her sister's smile threatened to split, hurrying away to the kitchen to fetch her sister her water. Grabbing a half filled cup of water, Umji gave it to her sister, feeling proud of herself.

"You have my gratitude."

Grinning Umji kneeled at her sister's feet, a baseball cap folded and balanced on the top of her head vertically to imitate a eunuch's hat from history.

"Girls? Come here."

Getting out of their ridiculous cosplay and royalty attitudes, the sisters ran to the kitchen where their mother called them.

"We're here mama!"

Seated at their dining table, Umji grinned as her mother placed a bowl of fruits in front of them.

"Cha, have your daily dose of vitamins. It's a shame your brother is out on a project work right now."

"A shame?"

"Take a good look at your plums, they're so ripe that he'd be jealous of you guys eating such sweet fruits."

Umji giggled as her sister scarfed down the fruits before saying she had to go to do homework before school the next day. Carefully chewing her fruits, Umji swung her legs as her mother hummed a song.

"Mama?"

"Yes honey?"

"What do you consider good parenting?"

Her mother thought for a second, was this her daughter implying that there was something she wasn't satisfied with? Or was she just curious? Like usual?

"Well, I think good parenting means that the kids don't hate their parents, and they talk fairly often to each other. Not like the families on tv where the siblings haven't made contact in several years."

Umji nodded and crunched through her apple slices.

"Why were you asking Yewon ah? Are you upset by something we did?"

"Mm, no. It's not us, I was just curious, why bad parents happen so easily. But I see a lot of care and effort has to go into a good family relationship."

Her mother chuckled and ruffled her youngest's hair.

"Are you sure you don't want to become a doctor like your father? I feel like you're maturing too quickly these days."

"Maturing? Am I?"

Umji squished her cheeks and stuck out her tongue at her mom, crossing her eyes as well.

"But I'm still your baby, see?"

Her mother laughed and pinched Umji's cheeks, getting up to sit in the seat next to Umji. Tucking her into her side, Umji's mother sighed.

"It's not a bad thing, I suppose. I just wish you were as innocently happy like this for forever."

"Me too. And for Eunbi too."

"Which Eunbi this time?"

"Both! Eunbi deserves a loving family, and Eunbi unnie needs to stop whining about Yerin unnie taking away Yuju unnie."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And they lived happily ever after."

Umji yawned as her sister closed her storybook, a hand rubbing her eyes.

"Yewon ah, I'm glad that even though you have a high stress environment, you're still my baby sister."

"Jiwon unnie, what are you saying all of a sudden?"

Jiwon just shook her head, petting Umji's head lovingly and brushed her bangs aside.

"It's nothing. Nothing important at least. Remember, if anyone bullies you, at least you have me and oppa. Tell us and someone will be in trouble. Alright?"

"Unnie, I'm not getting bullied so badly anymore. Sure the boys won't talk with me and some girls too, but I made a friend. Well, she wanted to be my friend."

"Really? I'm happy for you Yewon ah."

Kissing her baby sister's head one last time, Jiwon said good night and left the room, leaning on the door quietly.

"For all three siblings to have suffered bullying in elementary school."

She sighed and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yewon ah! Yewon! Wake up!"

Umji grumbled and rolled in her blankets, rolling it around herself, turning into a sushi roll of blankets.

"It's time to go to school."

"Just a little longer oppa, I don't want to wake up yet."

"But you're already awake?"

Bogeun poked his little sister's roll, jabbing lightly to keep Umji awake.

"Come on, listen to oppa? Wake up or else I'll tell mom you were rebelling."

"I'm not rebelling! I didn't say I wasn't going to school like before!"

Bogeun grinned triumphantly as Umji sat up from her position to defend herself.

"Well, look at you, you're up now. Come on, let's brush those baby teeth."

Whining, Umji held her brother's hand regardless, shivering as her small feet touched the cold tiles of the bathroom. Stepping up on her stool, she reached for the faucet, splashing the cold water on her face, scrunching her facial muscles as the freezing water sent shivers down to her toes.

"It's too cold!"

"It isn't that cold, come on Yewon ah, arms up."

Letting her brother put a temporary jacket on her, Umji thanked him before continuing with her morning routine.

"Are you kids ready yet?"

"No! Just Yewon is left!"

"Hurry it up alright?"

Hurrying to her room and throwing random clothes on, Umji ran without socks to the front door, she hadn't realized that she was that late in waking this morning. Jumping as she put her slip on sneakers her mother hummed as she held out a hand to stop Umji from crashing into the ground from loss of balance.

"Yewon ah, you should wake earlier."

"It's not my fault our neighbors were noisy last night!"

Her mother just shook her head and chuckled, getting in the driver's seat and turning the heat on before her children boarded.

"Any special plans for daycare today Yewon ah?"

"No, not really. I do want to play with Eunbi though. And Sojung unnie, she said maybe candy land, a board game."

"Will you understand the rules?"

"Of course!"

=============

Then Eunha then Yuju! :D I wonder how many more chapters of this story I have left....isn't it weird that even I, the author doesn't know? Hahaha good night! 

also. Esra unnie you meanie. boo boo on you. me sad. T^T

 

 

jk i forgive you :P