How

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Sitting on her sister's lap in their family van, Yuju had her fist on her chin, thinking about how to expose the psychopath. They were on the way to a family dinner, apparently uncle was finally going to go stay at his accomodation and they wanted one more grand dinner together. Junyoung sat on the opposite side of her uncle, Yuju made sure to know his location at all times.

"Yuna! What do you want to eat, baby?"

"Mom, I don't have a specific want. Just eat wherever."

"But you should eat well, you're still growing."

Yuju sighed and turned a bit to look up at her sister, she had gotten in trouble earlier when she argued to sit with her sister rather than her mother, but Yujin's logic won over, Yuju wasn't allowed to sit in the front seat by law.

"Unnie? Do you have anything you want to eat?"

"Not particularly. Maybe think about dessert?"

"Hmm, I want ice cream."

"Mom, we should go to the restaurant downtown, the one with the free self serve ice cream machine?"

"...Alright."

Yuju pulled Yujin's arms around herself, comfortably wrapped in her warmth to feel safe. Arriving in the parking lot, Yuju waited patiently for the car to come to a complete stop before rushing to beat her sister to the unbuckle button. Tirumphantly pushing it and releasing them, Yuju giggled as Yujin carried her under her arm off the car.

"Hahaha! Unnie!"

"Wae?"

"You're the best."

"Thanks boo."

"Ehe~."

Filing into the family restaurant, they all found their seats, luckily her parents sandwiched Junyoung away from Yuju and Yujin.

"Yuna, I've got to go to the bathroom, do you need to go?"

"No, you can go unnie."

"Alright, I'll be right back."

Kissing Yuju's head, she got up and told their parents before leaving.

"Wait! Noona! I need to go too."

"The girl's bathroom?"

"No! The boys bathroom next door."

He fumed as the whole table laughed at his response. It was a fun jab they enjoyed. Folding her napkin into triangles and rectangles, Yuju waited patiently for her sister to return. The adults began to order the foods.

"I'm back."

Yuju looked up and frowned. Why was Junyoung back alone? Thinking maybe her sister was taking longer because maybe the ladies room was full or had a long line, Yuju shrugged it off.

~~~~~~~~~~

It had already been more than ten minutes, surely, her sister should have returned. Worried, Yuju fidgeted in her seat constantly.

"Yuna? What's wrong?"

"Omma, I need to use the bathroom."

"Okay, you can go, do you know the way?"

"Ma, did you forget that I get lost easily? You need to go with me, cuz unnie isn't back yet."

"Speaking of her, where is she?"

Feeling a buzz, her mother looked down at her phone but was pulled by Yuju in the direction of the bathroom. Arriving there, Yuju ran through the bathroom, checking the shoes under the door of the stalls. The bathroom was small, but it wasn't packed at all, only several stalls occupied.

"Unnie? Yujin unnie? Where are you?"

Not finding her sister, Yuju trudged out of the bathroom, now extremely scared. Where had her sister gone?

"Yuna? Are you done?"

"Yea I am."

"You were looking for Yujin right? I got a message from her. Apparently she met with her friends and they went somewhere together. She said sorry for missing the rest of this family dinner."

Yuju nodded and held her mother's hand, ready to be led back to their table. Only, it sat in her mind, why would her sister leave her alone? Yujin knew of Yuju's fear and she knew the justifications.

Sitting back in her seat, Yuju lay her cheek on the tablecloth.

"Mom? I'm bored."

"Bored? Here, you can play with my phone for now then."

Her mother was preoccupied, talking with her uncle and father. Yuju sighed and unlocked her mother's phone. It opened to the messaging app, as it was the last thing her mother was looking at before. Clciking on her sister's name, Yuju's eyes widened. She had intended to ask for her sister to come back, for her sake, but the message that was sent to their mother was weird. Very weird.

From what she knew and what she learned yesterday, her sister may be trying to get on better terms with their mother, but this message was completely crazy. Since when would her sister call her mother, "my lovely mother"?!

[Mom? My lovely mother, I have met up with friends and are heading out for a bit. I'm sorry that I am skipping out on the family dinner, but they seemed to have a serious issue they needed help with. Love you, bye.]

Her mother might have over looked it simply because she didn't care, but Yuju knew her sister wouldn't text like this, the evidence was right there, if you scrolled up, the texts between Yujin and Yuju's mother was frosty as strangers could be.

Running back towards the bathroom, her mother calling after her, Yuju sprinted around, calling her sister's name.

"Yujin unnie! Yujin unnie! Where are you!?"

Pushing out an exit door, Yuju slipped as she stepped in something wet. Falling on her back, she whine din pain before picking herself back up.

"YUJIN UNNIE!"

Wandering the back alley of the restaurant, Yuju started to cry. Where did her sister go?

"Y-yujin unnie....unnie..."

Sniffling, Yuju wiped her tears as they blurred her vision.

"Y-yuna."

"Unnie! Where are you?"

"Over here."

Her sister's voice sounded weak, making Yuju run as fast as she could around the corner. Nearly crashing into her sister, Yuju gasped at the wet spot on her sister's shirt.

"Huh, you found her eh?"

Junyoung walked out behind Yuju, making her tremble with his sinister grin. Her sister's shaking hands pulled Yuju behind her.

"What do you want? You've already-"

"Does she bleed?"

"ALL HUMANS BLEED YOU MONSTER!"

Junyoung frowned and Yuju's silent cries developed into hiccups. He chuckled as he waved something familiar in the air. Her sister's cellphone.

"Well, what can I do?"

"Un-hic-nie!"

From behind him, Junyoung produced a knife.

"That's a different one, did you steal it from the kitchen this time?"

Yuju was trying to figure out what was going on, her sister was trying to protect her, and she seemed to be injured. Stumbling backwards, Yuju slipped as she stepped on something on the ground. Looking at her feet, Yuju's eyes widened as the evidences pieced together. The bloody butterknife at her feet must have been the one Junyoung had before, which was why the large chopping knife in his hand was a  "different one".

Her sister had been stabbed in the stomach by a butterknife, at the hands of their pschopath cousin. 

============

CLIFFHANGER aye :P yell at me hehehe