our daycare

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

"Yerin unnie!"

Umji giggled as she hung onto Yerin's waist, hugging her tightly and refusing to let go.

"H-hey, what are you doing now?"

Yerin stood still unsure what to do about Umji on her waist, she had tried to pull the youngest off by prying at her arms but Umji didn't budge, only hugging her tighter and squishing her face to Yerin's side.

"Are you still sad?"

"Huh? No I am not, come on let go?"

"NO!"

Umji just hugged tighter, pulling Yerin down to the ground with her, rolling around over and under each other until they hit wall.

"Are you still sad now?"

"I already said no Yewon ah..."

Umji just giggled and snuggled into Yerin's side, her bright smile automatically making the second eldest smile in return. Giving in, Yerin just lay there, Umji pressed into her side and snuggling her warmly.

"Yewon ah, I'm not sad. I'm just a little lost."

"Lost? Like Yuna unnie when she goes to look for the bathroom? Or another meaning of lost?"

"I think there's only one meaning of lost Yewon ah, it just applies to numerous different things."

Pulling Umji to lay on the same level, Yerin tucked an arm over her waist, hugging Umji close like how the younger did before.

"I just have to figure out where I'm going from here, that's all."

"Here?"

"I've been going to Sowon unnie's house, remember? But I can't always go to Sowon unnie's house, that would be rude."

"Aniya, you're welcome forever."

Yerin smiled, Sowon was diligently doing her homework after returning from her one on one, yet she sstill kept an ear out for their conversations.

"I know, you probably feel that way, but I want to grow too. I don't want to always depend on Sowon unnie."

"But you can, because I'll always be there for you."

"Unnie! Just focus on your homework for now! Hehe, I'm talking with our personal consultant."

"Mwoya, don't trust me? Fine, you won't get chocolate pudding when we get home."

"Aniya! Unnie! Please! I want chocolate pudding!  I do trust you!"

Sowon chuckled and looked over to give Yerin a smile.

"As if I was actually going to take away your chocolate pudding, I'm too nice and unnie would scold me."

Yerin giggled, it was true, but fun bantering was also nice.

"Anyways, its involving you so I want an outside help sometimes okay?"

"I know I know, just keep letting it out okay? And you! Yewon ah! Being a good listener is great, but don't try to take on anything that's too difficult for you to handle!"

"Promise!"

Umji and Yerin giggled together, winking and making funny promise gestures to each other, linking pinkies, pressing thumbs together.

"When mum gets out of the hospital, I'm going to go back to her. I'm going to go home, and I'm going to be on my own again."

"You're never alone unnie, we're with you forever and always, in your heart."

"Thanks Muji ah, it's like, I know, that you guys will always be there for me, but it's scary, with no hand to hold."

Umji hummed and held Yerin's hands in her own.

"I just wish we could be together at daycare forever."

"Like the disney lines, I wish this moment lasted forever?"

"Sorta, yeah."

"You'll do fine unnie! I belive in you, after all, you're the only spider hunter in this room!"

Yerin grinned. What Umji meant was that she was the only one brave enough to squish the bugs that they found in their room, supposedly there weren't supposed to be bugs as the sanitation of the place should be clean enough, but the occasional spider or roach would get in somehow and the girls would run around screaming, SinB in particular.

"UNNIE!"

The girls all jumped at the sound of SinB's scream, speak of the devil, their second maknae had spotted a clear looking spider on their bookshelf. Yerin just shook her head as she got up and grabbed a tissue, they had no means to save the spider and throw it out, so the only option was to squish it.

"I'm sorry little dude, but I can't have you scaring my sisters."

Taking care of the spider quickly and throwing it away, Yerin's arms were suddenly grabbed by Eunha and Yuju on either side.

"You're gonna wash your hands!"

"I'm taking you to the bathroom."

Yerin looked up at the signs they passed as they went out into the hall.

"Yuna? The bathroom is in the opposite direction."

"Ah! Sorry...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What time is it?"

"Three pm, you have to go in half an hour Yuna."

"Eunbi, could you sing me a song?"

"Sure, why?"

Yuju wrung her hands in contemplation, should she tell?

"You see, my cousin arrived yea? But I have no tutor, instead I'm going home to entertain our guest, which is the younger cousin who is entering high school soon."

"Right, we'll be going into second grade then as well."

"Yea, so I have to do this for the next month, going home early. Then I can get back to my normal times, mom promised."

"Uh huh."

Eunha pouted as she counted the days left till the end of first grade. Kindergarten was half as long as first grade was, so SinB and Umji had only attended school for the last half year, whereas when Umji joined, they had just reached their midpoints in their respective grades. (This is just this imaginary school system, deal with it haha.)

"Will you be here for the class break? Between grade switching?"

"I might be, I'm not sure. Are you?"

"As always. I don't mind. At least they don't have to yell at me for napping all day away."

Yuju pouted and held Eunha's hands tightly.

"I have to deal with a creep when I go home, you have to be here alone during class break, SinB isn't here this year is she? Her orphanage is going to keep her at home?"

"Yea, I asked her earlier. So, what song did you want to here?"

"Something positive, something that tells me that I'll see you on monday at least."

"Mwoya, you make it seem like you could die to that weirdo of your cousin."

Yuju looked Eunha in the eyes with all the seriousness she could muster.

"You never know."

===============

draaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

also, how many of you guys knew snsd before gfriend? just curious hehe

( i just have been you know, addicted to kpop for wayyyyyy too long ehe)