school...is dangerous

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Yewon huffed as she arrived at her school gates, her mother had dropped her off at the sidewalk and left with her siblings moments ago. She had waved and gave them a bright smile, they were still a little worried about Yewon's classmates but she told them it was fine. Probably.

Entering her classroom and sitting at her seat, she stared off into space waiting for class to start. While waiting, she thought about daycare, would she have the courage to go sit with Eunbi and Moon bin on the bus today? They only become friends yesterday, maybe she'd sit in the seat across from them, yea.

"Class! Good morning!"

Yewon turned her attention to her teacher, since yesterday, her trust in her teacher had diminished a little. Well, nobody's perfect, whatever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Today's homework is to a little bit of math. The thing is, you've got to write the answers out in English. It's just addition and subtraction, which you all know, not even carrying numbers over yet, but you need to remember to put the answers in English."

Yewon stared yet again at her sheet of homework, the teacher had said there was no carrying over.

"Teacher, why is there a question that asks 9 plus 7?"

"What do you mean why?"

"You said there were no carrying overs."

The teacher looked at her blankly, should she have not mentioned it? Well, she only knew because she had already started learning multiplication at home with her siblings, they sang the times table together for fun.

"Well, then you don't have to do it."

"Okay."

Hurrying to usher the students out to recess, Yewon could feel a few stares in her direction. Shaking them off, she just calmly stepped outside. She still hadn't figured out why they ran like headless chickens screaming about freezing or even ice, or even what they were doing when they all ran from only one person. She only knew how to play "Why did you come to our home?" and "Ring around the rosie".

Seated at her tree of choice, she observed them once more, was the objective to avoid being touched? Engrossed in watching them, she had realized a person next to her.

"Hey."

"UWA!"

Scrambling in the opposite direcction, Yewon held her heart to stop it's pounding, her eyes darting to see who. A grin that could put the cheshire cat to shame.

"Yah, Eunbi you should stop scaring me, it's not good for my heart."

"Whatever."

Eunbi remained where she sat, Yewon moved back to her original position, they hands touched a little but neither moved away.

"What are you doing here? Did you come through the bush again?"

"Well, where else do you think I could come from? The front gate with a smiley security guard? I'm here cuz I'm bored."

"Don't you have Moon bin with you?"

"He's got a different recess than me."

Yewon hummed and returned to looking at the screaming children.

"Hey, do you know what they're playing?"

"Huh? Idiot, that's freeze tag."

"Freeze tag?"

"A game where you have to stand still when the tagger touches you until a friend unfreezes you."

"What's a tagger?"

Eunbi gave her a look that made her stop, maybe she should as Yerin unnie instead. Giving up, Yewon leaned back on the tree, leaning her head back and closing her eyes.

"Look the goblin's got a friend!"

Feeling Eunbi tense next to her, Yewon peeked at her friend. She looked angry.

"What's wrong Eunbi?"

"It's....nothing."

Yewon watched as Eunbi sat back down, albeit still tense. Her eyebrows had a crook in it, she was definitely angry. Concerned, Yewon sat back up and leaned over to check, only for a pebble to graze her head.

"Ow!"

Eunbi jumped up and pulled Yewon to the backside of the tree, setting her there, she grabbed a rock and walked back out to the boys armed with pebbles.

"YOU WANNA FIGHT THEN BRING A BIGGER ROCK!"

"Teacher there's a tresspasser on the playground!"

Alarmed, Yewon ran after Eunbi and pulled her towards the bush, ignoring the other's struggles against her.

"What are you doing? They hurt you! Let me at them!"

"Well, I don't want you to get in trouble, so just leave it be, I'll tell the teacher on them."

Eunbi gave her one more glare before leaving through the bush. A hand on her shoulder scared Yewon, she slowly looked up at her teacher.

"Yewon? Care to explain?"

"T-teacher c-could you first look at my forehead for me? It kinda seems a little warmer than usual."

The teacher stared for a little longer before checking, her student's health was supposed to come first before the tresspassing issue. Brushing Yewon's bangs back, she gasped, there was a jagged mark across her forehead, blood slowly seeping out of it. Scooping Yewon up, she ran back inside to get the first aid kit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're saying that your friend came from next door just for a little bit and the boys threw stones at you?"

Yewon nodded her head solemnly, her forehead now sporting a Pororo bandaid. the teacher sighed and pet Yewon's hair. Yewon just sat there on the stool, her hands held politely together.

"T-they always call me names, but its okay. If I leave them alone it's fine right?"

The teacher watched Yewon's behavior, she knew that Yewon was a good kid, she was bright and it annoyed her sometimes that she was able to correct mistakes that shouldn't happen at her age, but she still didn't hate the kid.

"I'm going to tell your parents, they need to know."

Yewon nodded her head, would her mom make her switch schools? She wouldn't be next door to Eunbi anymore then. Still, she surprised the teacher by not crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boarding the bus, Yewon dragged her feet to go sit in the front seat, tired from the day's events. Her teacher had gotten hold of her mother, but she still had to go to daycare. Her teacher was furious, but Yewon didn't think it was anyone's fault, mom had work. Work made money, and that meant food, she was grateful.

"Hey! Yewon!"

Looking up, she smiled.

"Hi Moon bin, Eunbi."

Eunbi roughly pulled Yewon over by a little bit, crossing over her feet to get to the  window seat. Moon bin sat on Yewon's other side at the aisle. Sandwiched between them, Yewon felt better.

"So, what happened after?"

Yewon looked over at Eunbi, the other was looking out the window, her arm propped on the window sill a little.

"I talked with the teacher, and she says its okay because you're a harmless kid."

Eunbi hummed before turned around quickly to face Yewon.

"But that's not really what I'm looking for, did you talk about the boys? To the teacher?"

Yewon hesitated, did she have to talk about her mom too?

"Uh, yea, after getting a bandaid I told teacher and she called my mom."

Eunbi scoffed, which made Yewon confused.

"Yah, she should have called their parents, not yours."

Moon bin who had stayed quiet was now hold Yewon's arm up, inspecting it.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you got a bandaid, where?"

"Here."

Eunbi was alarmed, it was quite the big bandaid, chuckling awkwardly, she tried to lighten the atmosphere even though it wasn't her forte.

"Uh, h-hey you're gonna be like Harry potter or something."

"Who's that?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHO HARRY POTTER IS???"

Yewon giggled, it was time for her day to get better.

=======================

Lol did you know? the first Harry Potter movie came out in 2001. :D see ya tomorrow

and bullying is real, dont do it, don't let it be done.