Sleeping

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB sat on the couch in the living room, a little dazed and unfocused. She felt tired, but she didn't want to go to sleep. Hearing the front door unlocking, she turned to see who it was.

"Welcome back Jessica unnie."

"Huh? Oh, hey kiddo."

Passing by, Jessica patted SinB's head before heading upstairs, probably to drop off her stuff. SinB blinked slowly, back to daydreaming on the couch, her back slouching just a little as she drifted a bit.

"You sleepy?"

"Hm? No, don't wanna sleep."

Jessica watched as SinB rubbed her face, trying to wake herself up. Stopping SinB's rubbing with a hand, she tsked once.

"You shouldn't rub your face so harshly, your cheek is still healing."

"But I don't want to sleep."

SinB's eyelids dropped again, Jessica smiled a little, it reminded her of herself and her sister. Their love for sleep was incredible. Thinking back to her sister, she randomly thought about whether she was doing alright, they hadn't been texting lately.

"Jessica unnie?"

"Hm?"

Her hand had been unconciously rubbing SinB's back slowly, making the child even more sleepy.

"Will you go to sleep?"

"I don't want to."

"What will make you go to sleep?"

"Read me a story."

Jessica looked at the book next to her on the couch, it wasn't really a text to be reading to children. Perhaps she could pull something up from her phone?

"Can you get upstairs on your own?"

"Mm."

SinB scooted off the couch, clumsily putting one foot in front of the other, her shoulders hunched over as she stumbled her way to the stairs, before she could step up the first step though, Jessica lifted her up easily and carried her the rest of the way up. Pausing in front of Tiffany's room, Jessica seemed to hesitate.

"Hey?"

"Mm?"

"Is it okay if you sleep in my room? It's a little awkward to be in Tiff's room."

"Dashokay."

Chuckling lightly at the slurred cute words, Jessica moved to her room, finding SinB nearly asleep on her shoulder. Perhaps she could fall asleep before Jessica even found a story online to read to her. Taking a seat on her bed against the headboard, she hummed softly as she patted SinB's back.

Hearing the child's breathing even and movements still, she waited a few more minutes before trying to shift her to the mattress. Placing SinB down and pulling the blanket to cover her stomach, her action was blocked by a hand holding her fingers.

"Don't leave."

Did SinB wake up? Jessica remained still checking whether SinB had woken or not, waving a hand above the child's face, she confirmed that SinB was just sleep talking. Seeing as it didn't look like SinB would release her hand anytime soon, Jessica made herself comfortable, laying on her side, her hand on SinB's stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Tiffany arrived home, she counted heads for dinner. Not finding SinB, she went looking for her, calling her name.

"Tiffany mama? I think I remember seeing Sica mama carrying her upstairs."

"Thanks little one."

Heading upstairs, she checked her room first, expecting SinB to have gone there if she needed a nap. Finding it empty, she stood in front of Jessica's door, a hand on her chin.

"No way?"

Opening the door quietly, what greeted her was the sight of Jessica sleeping in a slightly protective posture, curled around SinB, her hand still on the child's stomach. Now Jessica was known to be a heavy sleeper, but she couldn't fall asleep without at least an arm over her head. Upon closer investigation on Tiffany's part, SinB was using Jessica's left arm as a pillow.

Taking a quick picture, Tiffany smiled and left them to sleep longer, but would return to wake SinB up for dinner if Jessica was still sleeping then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB woke up, feeling a little refreshed, rubbing her eyes, she looked around, sitting up. She was in Jessica's room. Looking back down at the bed, SinB's eyes widened a little. Did she fall asleep with Jessica? Even though she had difficulty falling asleep even with Tiffany still?

She heard the door squeak so she turned to look, spotting Taeyeon who waved her over quietly. She slid off the bed and went over, wondering why Taeyeon was calling her.

"It's time for dinner, but Sica never wakes up."

"Eh?"

"Meaning, even if we ring a bell she won't wake up, we need to make her laugh to wake her up."

"Uh huh? Why are you telling me this?"

SinB was confused about how she felt about Taeyeon, as a person, she was nice, she made good food and had great reactions that the kids loved. But Jessica seemed to be cold with Taeyeon, and SinB didn't know why yet so she kept her distance at the minimum.

"Because if I wake Sica, she'll get suuuuuper mad at me."

"But then won't she get super mad at me?"

Taeyeon shook her head furiously, SinB wondered if her head could fall off.

"She won't, if she does, I'll grab you and run okay?"

SinB nodded and shook Taeyeon's hand. Heading back to the bed, SinB climbed up and stared at the young adult. How would one make her laugh? Tickle?

Placing her hands on Jessica's arm, she ghosted her touch oevr it, that usually gave ehr the tingles but Jessica seemed to make no response.

"Squish her cheeks!"

"E-eh?"

Taeyeon urged her on, a giant grin on her face. SinB sighed and put her palms on Jessica's cheeks, pressing lightly.

"Wake up please?"

Jessica moved a little, startling SinB but her arms just wrapped around SinB's body warmly, pulling ehr back down to sleep.

"J-j-jessica unnie?"

"Mm?"

"We need to go to dinner."

"Mmhmm."

A few seconds of silence. Then Jessica shot up and Taeyeon burst into laughter at the door.

"Yah! Sica yah! I've never seen you so clingy before!"

"Shush you grown up kid!"

Taeyeon just laughed it off, leaving to finsih the dinner preparations. Jessica sighed, running a hand through her hair before discovering that SinB was staring.

"What ya looking at?"

"N-nothing."

SinB got off the bed quietly and went to the kitchen. She needed to think about how she ended up sleeping in Jessica's arms and how natural it felt.

"I tolf you Fany-ah! She's a natural mother type!"

"Hey, she still can't cook."

"Well you can't cook either!"

SinB watched Taeyeon and Tiffany bicker from the doorway. Why was Jessica different to Taeyeon and Tiffany?

"You know? You actually get special treatment Hwang Eunbi."

"Huh?"

The older boy was in his seat, watching her as she was staring at the two chefs played around the kitchen.

"Jessica mama always, always has an angry look."

"It's not angry, it's called a resting b**** face."

"JUNG SOO YEON!"

"WHAT HWANG MI YOUNG."

"LANGUAGE! AND DON'T CALL ME THAT."

"AW SHUSH."

SinB giggled a little, Jessica was the best.

================

whew im just barely making it midnight today, good night!