why are you...?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Umji rolled around on the floor, following Yuju's example. She had said that this was the method to happiness in life, rolling around and not caring about any problems.

"Unnie? I'm getting dizzy."

"Huh?"

Yuju stood up and tottered about, her balance was clearly gone.

"IT'S FINE!"

Falling over with a yelp, Yuju giggled after she lay back down on the ground, Umji held her head trying to stop it from spinning, her cheek squished into the ground as she waited out the dizzyness.

"I don't think this is the secret to happiness, Yuju unnie?"

Yuju was still giggling, only now it wasn't that she fell because of dizzyness.

"Ye-Yerin unnie! Hahaha stop!"

Umji opened her eyes and looked over, Yerin was on top of Yuju, sat down and pinning the laughing pup, tickling her sides like no tomorrow.

"Haahahahahahaha! YERIN UNNIE! Please! HAhahahahah!"

Umji grinned a little, shaking her head to make sure her dizzyness was gone, she stood up shakily to walk over to them. Collapsing on Yerin's back, she backhugged Yerin warmly, leaning her cheek on Yerin's back.

"You should stop before Yuju unnie runs out of breath."

"Fine, give me a kiss as payment."

Umji giggled and shifted around to kiss Yerin's cheek, allowing Yuju to breathe again. Catching her breath, Yuju grinned and popped up, wrapping her arms around Yerin's waist who was still sat on her lap.

"Yerin unnie."

"Wae?"

"Yerin unnie."

"What is it Yupup?"

"I just wanted to call your name, Yerin unnie."

Yuju was ecstatic at Yerin's protection, the fact that Yerin came to daycare like nothing was wrong, the fact that she told Sowon that even though that it had only been one day, that she felt better, Yuju loved that Yerin was feeling better.

"Yerin unnie~"

Rubbing her cheek in Yerin's shirt, she giggled some more as Yerin petted her head like a pup.

Looking up from her homework, Eunha pouted.

"Yuna aren't you going to do your homework?"

"I'll do it later!"

Yuju resumed clinging to Yerin tightly, wrestling against Umji to get the better hold on Yerin's warmth. Eunha puffed her cheeks and grumbled to herself.

"If I finish this now, you do yours later, we both don't get to play together for longer. Hmph."

Scribbling in her answers to the crossword puzzle that was her homework, Eunha sighed and leaned her cheeks on her hands. A chair squeaked nearby and Eunha looked up from her paper.

"Sowon unnie?"

"Wae? Don't like my company?"

"Ani, unnie is always welcome."

Sowon chuckled.

"For the kid who doesn't listen to me the most, you're very good with your words aren't you?"

Sowon ruffled Eunha's bangs a bit before copying her posture, setting her cheeks on her arms, leaning on the table. She smiled as she looked at Eunha, making the younger blush at their proximity.

"I-It's not that I don't listen to you well!"

Hearing Sowon's chuckles calmed her down, smiling she pulled Sowon's hand to land on her head, leaning into her touch.

"Well, maybe I was a little lonely hehe."

Hearing their room door open, they all turned to look.

"Errrr, ey?"

Umji jumped up from the ground and ran full speed to the door, pulling SinB in fully to checck her over.

"THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE TO YOU RIGHT?!"

"Uh uh, just had to visit a place, get checked up some, met some new people."

Umji was confused.

"Then, why are you here now?"

"Um....so that meeting? Didn't go well and mom didn't want to see me so they tossed me here for the night."

Frowning, Umji hugged her bestfriend tightly.

"What kind of meeting?"

SinB bit her lip nervously, regretting it immediately as her lip was still busted. Seeing SinB's wince of pain, Umji teared up instantly. Yerin patted Yuju's back who was also starting to tear upon the sight of SinB's messed up cheek.

"Thank goodness I didn't bring the principal's tissue box back yet."

Yerin chuckled and continued to soothe Yuju's back.

"Didn't you just forget to bring it back?"

"Hehe, maybe."

"Come on, crying will just make SinB feel bad, smile for me pup?"

"Ruff haha."

Yerin kissed Yuju's cheek and let her go, letting her retreat to Eunha's side, putting her arm around the shorter's waist. Sowon smiled as Eunha brightened a little at the attention Yuju paid her. Getting out of her seat, Sowon pulled on Yerin's arm to go with her.

"Where are we going unnie?"

"To get little Eunbi an ice pack."

"Both of us?"

"Why not."

Yerin shook her head and held Sowon's hand warmly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB whined as Sowon pushed the ice pack to her cheek, having had an ice pack to her cheek for a greater amount of the day, it was getting annoying, more so than her pain.

"Now tell me what meeting it was little Eunbi."

Sighing, SinB reluctantly held the ice pack, letting Sowon sit down on her other side as Umji occupied one side already, attached to SinB's side like glue.

"I think they were supposed to be my new mom and dad."

Yerin dropped her snack on the floor, Eunha accidentally made a mark across her homework, Yuju stopped spinning.

"WHAT?!"

SinB managed a half smile with the ice pack still on her cheek.

"They didn't like my face much and yelled at mom so, mom got angry."

"That's why you're staying here tonight?"

"Pretty much."

SinB swung her legs, she noticed that Sowon's feet could reach the floor despite sat all the way back in the chair.

"Sowon unnie? I think you're growing a lot."

"What? Why are you changing the to-"

"No, look, your feet can reach the ground."

Sowon looked down and saw her feet on teh ground, nothing new why was-

"Holy, my feet do reach the ground."

Eunha laughed a little, it was a bit forced to lighten the atmosphere, but she tried anyways. Sowon stood up and pulled Eunha to stand next to her, when they were seated next to each other earlier, she hadn't noticed it, but she was now standing half a head taller than Eunha. Yuju was just a bit shorter than her.

"You're really gonna grow into a giant, giraffe unnie."

Sowon was going to retort but then her brain reminded her of an important fact. Smiling instead, Sowon turned back to SinB.

"I've missed your playful callin gof me being a giraffe."

"What? You like being teased? Weird giraffe unnie."

No, it wasn't that Sowon liked being called a giraffe, but rather, that SinB was feeling a bit better even call her that. She hadn't been well the last few days that she had missed being called a giraffe by their little trouble maker. Perhaps, time away from her parents seemed to make her happier than she realized.

==========================

SinBwieeeeeeeeee