do I?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Umji waited under her tree, it was recess and SinB wasn't there when she had gotten out. Worried, but still trusting her friend was okay, she waited. She leaned against the trunk, her jacket wrapped tightly around her, her scarf wrapped all the way up to her nose. Watching the other children chase each other and get into trouble with their pranks distracted her long enough for her to think that something wasn't right.

Looking at the bush that SinB magically appeared from, she wondered whether or not to go through. Kneeling, she looked at the small space under the bush and its branches that were growing bare. Shutting her eyes and ignoring the spider webs, she carefully crawled through.

Popping out the otherside, she frowned. There were children running around, playing rough with each other, more so than her school's bunch of idiots. Slightly intimidated, she stayed by the bush to look for her friend, until someone called her out.

"Hey! You over there! Where'd you come from?"

"U-uh next door, do you know a Hwang Eunbi?"

"Eunbi? She's in the nurse's lair."

"Eh? Why?"

"She came to school with a bloody mouth and everyone freaked out."

Umji frowned and walked up to the taller girl.

"Unnie, can you take me to the nurses?"

"I-I guess so."

Taking Umji's hand, the friendly older girl lead the way to the nurse's office.

"By the way, what's your name little friend?"

"I'm Yewon, how about you, unnie?"

"I'm Sunmi. Don't tell anyone but I came over from the middle school across the street to play with my friends."

Surprised, Umji just smiled and held a finger to .

"A secret."

"Yea, a secret. You know? You're really cute."

"Thank you unnie, you're pretty."

Sunmi just grinned and pulled open the door for Umji.

"Then, I'll be going Yewon ah."

"Okay, see you Sunmi unnie."

Waving goodbye good naturedly, Umji closed the door behind her and toddled inside, she didn't quite know her way around the place still. Spotting the small cots they used at her school as well, she went over to see if SinB was there.

"Eunbi? Hwang Eunbi yah where are you?"

"I'm o'er heo."

Following the sound of SinB's voice, Umji turned a corner and found her best friend, sat upon a cot, holding a large ice pack to her face.

"What happened?!"

SinB's lip was busted and it looked like her cheek was still super swelled up.

"Errr, I mighve losh anudda ooth."

Climbing up on the cot, Umji looked carefully around the ice pack, SinB's cheek was dark purple, reaching just under her eye.

"But how did you end up like this?"

"Uldn't ou oh ooo lath et?" (shouldn't you go to class yet?)

"Not yet Eunbi yah, tell me what happened."

SinB sighed and changed hands to hold the ice pack, her left hand was losing feeling from the cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Omma you didn't pack me lunch."

SinB looked up from her backpack, she was just checking backpack to make sure she had everything, she had her homework and notebooks, even her workbooks, but she didn't have her lunch. Even if her parents didn't care much for her, they never forgot to give her at least a small sandwich for lunch if not a few cents for a snack at the cafeteria.

"I don't have the time to get you lunch today."

"Then can you give me a few dollars to buy lunch?"

"Just shut up and get in the car."

"But mom my lu-"

"Shut up!"

It caught her by surprise, she didn't notice her father coming behind her, the punch landed squarely on her left jaw, sending her a few meters away on the ground.

She coughed a little, her nose was bleeding a little so she wiped it roughly with the back of her hand. Spitting out the dirt in , she realised something was missing. Running her tongue over her teeth, her other front tooth had fallen out. Scrambling around on the ground to find where it had flown, SinB forgot that her parents were rushing. Spotting her tooth, she was going to pick it up, only to get picked up and tossed into the car. Groaning, she gave up and put her seatbelt on, ignoring the throbbing pain in her cheek, she couldn't feel her lip.

"Dad you knocked a ooth ouh."

"What you little ? The hell are you saying? Just stay quiet."

Looking out the window, she saw her tooth still on the floor before it got run over by another car.

"Ay.....ewon's ollege aving..."

But SinB couldn't tell Umji that could she?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's othing, ust a unch oo uh ace." (It's nothing, just a punch to the face.)

"It's not nothing! Where's your front tooth?!"

SInB flinched from Umji's touch and saw the clock.

"Ey, uat ime ith ih?" (hey, what time is it?)

"Ten thirty two."

"Oh ack oo lass." (go back to class.)

Umji frowned but SinB started getting off the cot and pulling her to the door. Not wanting her friend to continue moving about, Umji quickly got off as well.

"Stop! Just sit there okay? I'll go back to class already!"

SinB managed a half grin, grimacing a little due to her split lip but still.

"I'll see you later on the bus okay? Promise."

Umji kissed SinB's good cheek and ran off.

SinB sighed and rolled back onto the cot. Thinking back to yesterday's event with Yerin and her parents, she shook her head, leaving the ice pack on the pillow under her, she leaned her injured cheek on it carefully.

I can ask for help after making sure Yerin unnie is safe for sure. Besides, it's fine isn't it? This is fine.

==================
I promised two updates, this is the first.