Halloween?/Yerin

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

warning, Yerin will get hurt, prep your hearts and I'm very sorry for writing this

=======================

Holding hands with SinB, Umji entered their room first, pulling SinB along.

"Hello~ah? There's no one here yet."

"Really?"

They wandered around the room, making sure that there really wasn't anyone there first. Spotting a note on the table and a paper bag fileld with stuff, they took a seat, Umji took the note.

"These are Halloween decorations for your room, decorate with them as you please."

SinB hummed, decorating she knew, but what in the world was Halloween?

"Muji yah?"

"Yes Eunbi?"

"What's this Halloween you speak of?"

Umji was surprised again, for a kid who knew Christmas, how could SinB not know Halloween?

"WHAT IS HALLOWEEN? ONLY THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!"

"Hi Yuna unnie, so it's a holiday?"

Umji nodded.

"Not quite, we still have to go to school and all, but we get to dress in costumes and get candy. Ever heard of trick or treating?"

"Nope. But why do we need to dress in costumes?"

"Uhhhh no reason? Just for fun I guess. It supposed to be a scary holiday. I don't like trick or treating because when I go with my siblings, they always challenge the scariest houses."

SinB was confused, challenge? Who cares about dressing in costumes anyways? It was probably a pain and a waste of money. Trick or treating? Still didn't know what it was.

"Say, which day is this, Halloween?"

"The thirty first of this month!"

"The last day of October....ah. This is why I don't know."

"Why?"

"Dad always makes us sleep early on this day and shuts off all the power in the house. Can't be bothered by cheap ghosts he says. I thought he meant real ghosts."

Then Sowon walked in with Yerin on her back in a piggyback.

"Didn't you know? Halloween is the day of the dead."

"EH?"

Umji was shocked, it was a day for the dead? When they went out to play and have candy? Her face paled and SinB worried rubbed her cheeks, trying to bring back some color.

"I-It's not like th-they come back from their graves r-right?"

Sowon just grinned and shrugged.

"Dunno."

Squeaking as a slap landed on her arm, Sowon whined as Yerin pulled at her cheek, punishing her for saying scary things, Eunha joined in and pinched Sowon's other cheek.

"Yah! Stop pulling!"

Tugging Eunha's and Yerin's hands off her cheeks, she huffed and tossed Yerin onto a beanbag, she landed with another squeak.

"That hurts!"

Alarmed, Sowon ran over to where she had deposited Yerin, checking her all over.

"I swear I didn't throw you into something painful!"

Lifting the back of Yerin's shirt, Sowon's panicked face hardened into anger. Her eyebrows crinkled and her frown deepened.

"Who did this."

Yerin remained quiet, her hands trying to tug her shirt back down, but Sowon wouldn't let go. Inspecting the dark purple bruise on the small of Yerin's back, she deduced that a fist had connected.

"What happened after you left yesterday. Tell me."

Finally wrestling her shirt back down, Yerin backed away from Sowon, right into Yuju who grabbed her shoulders.

"Yerin unnie, this can't go on."

"I specifically told your mother that this wasn't allowed to happen again!"

Hearing Sowon yell, Yerin started to cry, startled Sowon just sat down and let Yuju calm Yerin. Eunha held SinB and Umji, one arm around each's shoulder. They were also scared of angry Sowon, SinB shivered a little.

"I-I'll tell! Just don't be angry anymore!"

Sniffling, Yerin held Sowon's hand, wanting her unnie to stop having such a scary face. Sowon sighed and smoothed out her anger, putting her neutral face on.

"Y-you see...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You trash! You dare lay a hand on a child?!"

Yerin flinched from her hiding spot in her room, inside her closet. Her brother had just got home and her mother was furious.

"AND YOU BEAT YOUR SISTER TOO?!"

"What? What do you mean!?"

"I know what you did! Her friends at school know what kind of trash you are and what you do to your sister! Fix yourself! You can't be a disgrace to this family!"

Yerin heard a slapping noise and she huddled in on herself further. Suddenly, the door to her room flung open, she shivered behind her closet sliding door.

"Yerin? Come out to oppa."

She held her breath, trying to disappear. The closet door slammed open and she screamed, her tears already forming. A punch landed square on her back and she nearly choked on air.

"You told Sojung about me? Huh? You dare tell on your oppa?! Well guess what? If I stay away from her, I'm allowed to punish you!"

Another punch landed on the same spot, Yerin was crying now, unable to pick herself up off the floor.

"B-but mom said not to hit me!"

"Well dad had other thoughts!"

Another hit, another scream. Yerin wished she wasn't home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon clenched her fist. Running to the emergency phone in the room, she was going to dial 119 but was stopped by Yuju who beat her to it.

"Unnie, you should take care of Yerin unnie first."

Yerin was curled in on herself, crying in a tight ball. Umji was crying into SinB's chest, Eunha tried to comfort the both of them, kissing their heads and rubbing their backs. They were all upset, a reasonable answer to a 119 call would not come unless they cleared their minds.

Walking back to Yerin, Sowon kneeled and reached a hand out hesitantly, touching Yerin's shoulder softly, she pulled her close.

"It's the stupid men and their ideal of women being under them."

"I'm a girl! Not a women."

Yerin sobbed but was slowly calming down in Sowon's embrace.

"C-can I call my mommy with that phone?"

Yuju nodded and pulled Umji to the phone connected to the wall, tippy toeing to reach it, she pulled it down for Umji to hold, and help dial in Umji's mother's phone number.

"H-hello? Mommy?"

"Baby? You sound like your'e crying! What's wrong?!"

"Yerin unnie needs help."

Umji sniffled and Yuju hand to help her hold it out for her, setting the phone to speaker mode just in case.

"She does?"

They heard the shuffling of papers and a slamming of a folder.

"Mommy will be over in a little bit okay? Half an hour, promise. Hang in there Yewon ah."

"Love you mommy."

"Love you too honey."

Jumping and putting the phone back in place, Yuju hugged Umji tightly, letting her feel warm.

"Wh-what's Yewon's mom gonna do?"

"She's going to help you."

"Sowon unnie? But if I don't let him do as he pleases he's going to come after you!"

"He won't. I won't let him."

"But-"

"No buts. You're going to come with me."

SinB, who was clinging tightly to Eunha then spoke up.

"You're going to adopt her?"

"Huh? Adopt? I'm not sure about how that works but I don't want her to go to her home. It's too dangerous there. Why do you know what adoption is, little Eunbi?"

SinB bit her lip, Eunha started to get worried.

"Don't tell me, your parents were thinking of giving you away??"

"They might have mentioned it in the passing and then I asked my teacher what it was."

Eunha squished her cheek to SinB's already feeling like she was missing her other Eunbi half.

"You're not going anywhere are you?"

"I hope not."

"That doesn't reassure me."

"I really hope not."

=========================

does this need a trigger warning?.....tell me if it does....im worried....but this is....nevermind.

does Yewon seem too mature for her age? That's odd, I've remembered that I knew the multiplication table since 5 or 6 and smartassing my classmates until they got annoyed at me. :/ the times have changed.

also disclaimer, Yerin's real brother is a nice guy and he got married like last month was it? well recently. I dont hate him, its just this dark storyline I have lol like I said, I'm crazy sometimes :D childhoods can really mess up some people