wiggly

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB whined as she opened her eyes, her nap wasn't perfect, but good enough. Yerin smiled and held out her hand to help the younger get up, careful of her injured back.

"What are we doing?"

"We're going to put together a puzzle, at the main table."

"Do we know the full picture?"

"It's a teddy bear."

SinB yawned and let Yerin pull her over to the desk they set all the pieces on, prepared to just sit there and let Sowon do everything. She didn't like puzzles much, it made her think too hard and the pieces just wouldn't go together, what else was she to do?

"Is Yewon awake yet?"

"Muji? She's still asleep, she woke up earlier and Eunha had to go with her to the bathroom though, you wouldn't wake up to go with her."

"Did she try to wake me?"

"She did, Eunha teased that she was a prince trying to wake up slepeing beauty."

SinB just blushed and turned away as Eunha made eye contact.

"Eiii, she just kissed your cheek anyways."

Yerin nodded, letting go of SinB's hand as they settled in their seats, leaning over, Yerin kissed Yuju's hand like a prince.

"Miss, would you please hand me that corner piece?"

"Why, of course."

SinB scrunched her nose in judgement.

"Why are you guys talking like that?"

"Because we feel like it, oh and snack time already passed, we wanted to leave some apple slices but they already what was it again Sowon unnie?"

Sowon looked up from her concentration on the puzzle, her stern face still intact. Humming for Yerin to repeat her question, her stern face softened.

"What was it?"

"What's the word for when an apple turns brown? Rot?"

"No, it's oxidize."

"Thanks unnie."

Yerin blew a kiss across the table, SinB smiled. She was glad Yerin unnie was feeling better enough to be kissing everyone again.

"No problem Yennie."

Playing with the pieces in front of her, SinB sighed as she ground her teeth out of habit. Feeling a bit weird in the teeth, she reached to push at her front teeth.

"Huh?"

Pushing harder, she felt her tooth give way, panicking she stood up and ran to a mirror.

"What's wrong bi?"

Eunha followed after quickly.

"My tooth is wiggly."

"What?"

"Am I gonna have to go to the dentist again?"

SinB was in tears, looking up at Eunha who didn't know better.

"You said your tooth was wiggling?"

Nodded, SinB choked a sob as Eunha just hugged her tightly, thinking that SinB had somehow ruined her teeth to make them fall out.

"What are we gonna dooooo?! You're gonna have to see the dentist!"

Finishing all the pieces in front of her, Sowon glanced up from her work.

"Hm? Where'd the two Eunbis go?"

"They're over there crying."

Sowon pinched Yuju's cheek for not going over herself, but she just grinned at Sowon.

"I figured you'd take care of it."

"Geez, don't rely on me too much, Yuna."

Still, Sowon ruffled Yuju's bangs and went to the crying duo by the mirror.

"Why are you two crying?"

"DdinBi's tooth is gonna fall out and then she'll have to go to the dentist and the dentist will make her owie again!!!"

Sowon sighed and pulled them both into her hug.

"SinB?"

"Eung?"

"Calm down a little so I can see okay?"

Holding her breath until her cheeks turned red, SinB held back her sniffles and sobs, Eunha just kept crying.

"Say ah, which tooth is it?"

"The right one on top."

"Your front tooth?"

"Yea."

Holding the small tooth between her fingertips, Sowon wiggled it and smiled.

"Whyarh oo iling?"

Removing her hand from SinB's mouth, Sowon just giggled a little, before laughing outright. Eunha stopped crying just to see why Sowon was laughing so hard.

"Dummies! Your baby teeth are coming out!"

"Eh? Baby teeth?"

"Your adult teeth will grow after they fall out."

"But Eunha's teeth didn't come out yet and Eunha is older?" (This line, Eunha is speaking in third person.)

"It comes at different times for each person, I've lost almost all of my baby teeth already. I'd imagine that Yuju  who is currently laughing her head off in Yerin's lap over there, has also lost some teeth."

Curiously, SinB wiggled her tooth again. And again.

"Do you really want it to come off that quickly?"

"Izzit bad to have it come out early?"

"No, just it takes awhile for your adult tooth to grow in."

Then the tooth fell out. In SinB's hand.

Appalled, SinB was frozen, staring at the small tooth in her hand.

As her brain finished processing, she screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Sowon started to laugh again as SinB now jumped up and down in fear, her hand remaining still and holding her baby tooth. She was in tears, she didn't mean to pull it out.

"Waaaa! I didn't mean tooooo! What am I gonna dooooo??"

As she blubbered in her tears, Umji woke up from her slumber. Rubbing her eyes, she lazily wandered to Yerin's side. Seating herself comfortably and leaning her cheek on Yerin's shoulder, she yawned.

"What's going on Yerin unnie?"

"SinB lost her first baby tooth and she's panicking over it."

"Ah baby teeth."

Umji stared at SinB who was now finally standing still but her head was tilted back as she outright cried.

"BABY TEETH?!"

Looking up at Yerin in surprise, she pulled on Yerin's hand.

"She lost her baby tooth!?"

"Yea? Why are you so excited?"

"Mommy told me about the tooth fairy!"

"Tooth fai-"

"Jung Yerin your mother is here."

Eunha clapped a hand over SinB's mouth, silencing her cries instantly. Sowon went back over to Yerin's side, hugging her warmly.

"I'll be back after talking with Yerin's mom okay?"

The girls noddded.

"Be good."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yerin, how was your- who is this? Your friend?"

Sowon was concerned, haven't they met before? She was sure she had greeted Yerin's mom before.

"I'm Sojung? We've met before."

"We have? I'm so sorry little one, I have bad memory. Are you here to see Yerinnie off?"

"I'm here to confront you about something."

"Wow, big words, confront?"

Her mother watched as Yerin hid halfway behind Sowon. Seeing something was wrong, she frowned.

"What is it?"

"Yerin's oppa is a bad person."

"What do you mean?"

"He beats her and is a e."

"W-what? That's a big word, are you sure you know what that means?"

"I know. Because he's come for me several times and my unnie wants to put him in jail."

Appalled, Yerin's mother held her head. Sowon pushed forwards.

"Did you know? Yerin never climbed a tree, she's afraid of heights. Yerin never fell down the stairs, your house has no glass sliding door. It was all her brother."

Finally looking at Yerin, her mother had to calm down for a second.

"Is....is this true Yerin?"

Yerin held Sowon's hand tightly and stepped forwards, initially nodding, Yerin stopped mid-nod to look her mother in the eyes.

"Yes."

Sowon's hand squeezed Yerin's to reassure her. Yerin looked back and gave her a smile.

"I'll talk to him about it."

"You promise not to let him hurt Yerin?"

"I....we'll see."

Sowon was upset.

"But you-"

"Let's go home Yerin."

Pulled away by her mother, Yerin's hand slipped from Sowon's and she was whisked away from daycare. Sowon watched sadly as Yerin was put in her carseat and their car drove away.

Darn these adults.

===================

:D late because I hate uni papers I still have physics to do wieeeeeee