oppa?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Umji finished up her homework by checking her answers and making sure her name was printed nice and neat at the top of the page. She made sure she wrote it in Hangul and English. 

"Eunbi yah, are you done too?"

"One more thing."

SinB stuck her tongue out in concentration as she drew a yellow sun in the top left of her paper. Her homework was to write a short summary of what she did in the summer, which meant three sentences and draw an image of what it looked like. Yewon helped her check her spelling and words she didn't know how to write.

"Yerin unnie are you really not going to do your homework?"

Yerin groaned, she hadn't moved from the beanbag, staring into space pouting but the girls had a point, nothing good would com efrom unfinished homework. Dragging herself to the desk, she sat down, her chin on the table and pulled out her homework. She seemed to try to assimilate with the table, flopped all over it and writing her words with a sideways stare.

"Yewon ah, what's 12 plus 19?"

"Unnie should do it. Technically I can't carry over numbers yet."

"Fine...."

She continued to mumble to herself doing her work.

"Ten plus ten is twenty, two plus nine is eleven, twenty plus eleven is twenty plus ten plus one. Thirty one."

Yewon watched amused as Yerin continued to say her thoughts aloud, her process of breaking and reforming the numbers intrigued her so.

"What is this unnie saying, I'm trying to focus."

Umji giggled as SinB complained, but stopped when she saw Yerin biting her lip.

"Yerin unnie?"

"I-I'm sorry, for being annoying."

"No no, SinB doesn't mean it, unnie why are you crying?"

She quickly hugged Yerin, patting ehr back and waving Yuju and Eunha over.

"I really really didn't mean it Yerin unnie, forgive me? I was just joking."

Eunha had been with SinB for a long time, this was not unusual, that SinB got into trouble with her sharp mouth. Pulling SinB in a side hug, she tried to calm the child down, ruffling her hair now and then, assuring her it was alright.

"I really really really didn't mean it."

Yewon was worried, there was her same aged friend crying because she made Yerin unnie cry, then there's Yerin unnie who was cryin gbecause she thought herself as too annoying.

"No one here is annoying. We all are great friends. Right?"

Yuju nodded her head furiously, her hands clenched in fists of resolution. Yerin's tears slowly went away and she pulled herself off the surface of the table, going over to SinB. Eunha let go so Yerin could hug SinB.

"Unnie is sorry if she ever bothers you too much okay? I don't mean it, just tell me ne?"

"Of course unnie! And I don't think you're annoying, you know me and my stupid mouth."

"Yah! Who taught you to say stupid to yourself! Don't say that here, we don't need it."

Yuju pulled Umji by the arm and engulfed her in a hug, scooting closer to the sinrin duo, she also reached to pull Eunha in for a group hug.

"We all miss Sojung unnie, but we can make it through together right?"

They all agreed to Yuju's words, sometimes she was the weirdest, but she still had some maturity to her after all.

"Jung Yerin, your brother is here."

"..."

Yerin plucked herself out of the girls hugs carefully, they watched her curiously. She never responded this way when her mother came to get her.  It was always, "Mommy mommy look! I did my homework already!" or "I love you mommy!" something along those lines!

Yerin quietly put her stuff back into her backpack, and trudged to the door, only to see her brother walking in their room. Slightly alarmed, she stepped back, her eyes widened.

"O-oppa."

"Eh? Sojung isn't here today? That's too bad."

"She's out with the flu."

"Heh? Is that so? Come on sis, we're going home."

"Mm."

"What was that? Come on, louder!"

"Yes! Let's go home."

The girls were confused, wasn't her a little too mean to his sister? Following after Yerin, they walked behind the siblings until they reached the front door, where the adults stopped them from going out.

"But Yerin unnie looks so sad."

"You can't go outside. Hurry back to your room now."

Taking one last look at Yerin, the girls ran back to their room to watch from the window. They couldn't tell what the siblings were saying to each other, but they saw something that they wished they didn't see.

"AUNTIE!"

"What? What is it?!"

"Yerin unnie's brother just hit her!"

"What? No, it's just play fighting, you know how it is with brothers."

SinB frowned, she had a brother and she didn't quite like her brother, but her brother never hit her until she hit the floor.

"Yerin unnie is on the floor! I'm going to save her!"

Shoving past the lady, the girls all chased after SinB, Yuju took off a second behind, instantly gaining ground. Yuju shoved the front door open and held it for the other girls as they ran past, chasing after Yerin and her brother. Unfortunately, they got on a bus and left before the girls could reaach them.

"What was that?!"

Eunha threw her arms in the air and puffed her cheeks. That was no way to treat a younger sister, she wouldn't hit Yewon even if she was given a fortune. Yuju jogged back to the girls, she had tried to chase the bus but it picked up speed fast and other cars kept honking at her.

"YOU KIDS! GET BACK HERE!"

They sighed as the guards of the daycare came running out and scooping them off their feet. The sky began to cry, and soaked the girls in rain.

"It was such a nice morning today too."

"I don't think my unnie brought an umbrella."

"I don't have an umbrella."

"Can I dance in the rain?"

They turned to Yuju surprised. The daycare had some free t shirts which they kept for give aways so the girls were now in dry clothes, but none of them felt very happy at the moment, to think that Yuju wanted to dance after that ordeal was incredible.

"Are you okay Yuna?"

"I'm perfect."

"And how do you feel about Yerin unnie getting hit?"

"Horrible, no man should lay hands on a girl like that."

"Then how are you able to dance?"

"Because, Yerin unnie would be mad if we just spent the rest of the day moping. I know we let her mope all day about Sojung unnie, but she would get angry at us, wouldn't you think?"

They all nodded, this topic could be discussed tomorrow.

=======================

tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but the reason why her brother hits her, why why whyyyyyyyy  theres one itty bitty little clue about why and no, her parents do not know she tells them that she fell down the stairs

oof it hurts to write this ooooooofffff why do I do this hehe