Yuna's birthday/ discovery

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

it's ok, I'll do what I do, you do what you do.

=====================

"Why is there a cake? We didn't even finish coloring yet, and we also didn't turn it in yet, so we definitely didn't win yet, and the reward is supposed to be ICE CREAM!"

Yuju pouted and crossed her arms angrily. She had been deceived, there was no ice cream to be had was there? The paper that made them ccolor all afternoon was a lie!

"Um....We didn't expect you to have such a bad reaction Yuna."

Several adults emerged from their hiding spots, they had missed their queue when the lights went on, and now they just had to sheepishly reveal themselves, party hats and all.

"It's your birthday."

Yuju was confused, her birthday? Wasn't that in October? You know, October fourth? then she whizzed around and looked at the calendar, you could hear SinB slapping her own forehead at Yuju's airheadedness as she gasped with realization.

"ITS. ITS MY BIRTHDAY?"

Yewon giggled, she didn't know why their calendar had a pink circle, this was the reason.

"Happy birthday Yuna unnie."

Yuju just smiled brightly jumping up and down excitedly. Unable to think of words to say. Eunha sighed and held Yuju's arm to stop her from bouncing.

"You know I even asked you yesterday if today was special."

"You did? Did I answer correctly?"

"No, no you didn't."

When Eunha let her go, the adults ushered Yuju to the cake, urging her to blow the candles, she was officially, six.

"Yay!"

They all gathered around and sang happy birthday, the pace seemed to increase as the lines went by, probably by the urging of the need to eat the cake quicker.

"Hurry! Cut the cake!"

Yuju held the knife carefully, their principal holding on top of Yuju's hands to cut.

"Why is this cake so hard?"

"Yuna, what's your favorite dessert?"

"Ice cream! Why do you ask?"

"You'll see."

When they cut out the first piece, Yuju watched as the principal pulled the slice out.

"An ICE CREAM CAKE!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the adults had left with the leftover ice cream cake, which they had to stop Yuju from trying to keep for herself, they needed to put it back in the freezer for her to take home later, the girls rolled around happily on their mats.

"Yuju unnie what do you want for a present? I didn't know it was your birthday."

"Hm? I don't need anything, just being here with you is enough! Actually, gimme hug!"

Yewon giggled and wrapped her arms around, she still wanted to get Yuju something, anything.

"Do you want a lollipop? I can give you a lollipop."

"Just give me a kiss on the cheek."

Yewon complied, but still asked.

"You sure you don't want a lollipop?"

"Fine, I'll take it if it'll make you stop."

Yewon cheered and ran to her backpack, searching for her daily sweets. Proudly, handing it to Yuju, she watched as the other opened it.

"What flavor is it?"

"Hm? I....I don't know."

Yuju tasted it carefully, worried it might be pumpkin flavored.

"Hm?"

Yewon was curious, but she didn't really like sharing food, she didn't even share with her siblings.

Yuju pulled Yerin from clinging to Sowon's side, offering the lollipop.

"Tell me what taste this is."

Yewon's eyes nearly popped out as Yerin swiftly put the lolly in , not a doubt in her mind.

"Y-you guys-"

"Hm? This tastes.....like just like....candy? I dunno."

Eunha wandered past and Yerin's arm shot out to grab her attention.

"Eunha yah, taste it!"

Eunha, with the lolli held in front of her, just naturally opened , it was a habit. When she was a baby, her mother would check if she was hungry by touching her chin, just under her lip. If Eunha her finger, then she was hungry, it still applied now.

"Ah! I wasn't.....this is cherry?"

She had began to protest having candy shoved into but it was fine, the flavor distracted her. Yewon was now just trying to accept that they did things this way, innocent in all ways.

Yuju returned to her side, now holding a stick of chocolate, given by one of the supervisors. It was the shape of a pencil.

"Want some?"

Yewon shook her head, but Yuju urged, pushing it closer. Reluctantly, she took a bite, only to feel Yuju's arm wrapping around her shoulder, comfortably in a warm side hug.

"Thanks, happy birthday again Yuju unnie."

"You're welcome!"

This was going to take some getting used to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji received a call from the office that she had to stay late, her sister had a meeting with her teachers, and was going to be late, so late that it would be her mother who would come get her. Which would be around dinner time, 7:30pm.

She sighed as she finished up her English homework, answering the easy questions with perfect answers. Practicing her reading and pronounciation, she read her paper outloud.

"Number one, what is the name of your best friend? Her name is Hwang Eunbi, I call her SinB sometimes as a nickname. Number two, what is your friend's favorite animal?"

SinB stared from across the table, not understanding a single word that Yewon was saying, only knowing when her name was said.

"Her favorite animal is a puppy and she likes to pet the little ones. Number three, what do you do after school? I go to daycare and have fun with my friends, do homework and wait for someone to come take me home."

SinB applauded although she still had no clue, Yewon had tried to teach her some English but she could barely spell her name in the English alphabet.

Yuju, Eunha, and Yerin had gone home already, Sowon was still around, but she was busy doing her writing assignment. She had to write something called a paragraph on how she spends her weekends.

"Kim Sojung, your sister is here!"

"Ne!"

Sowon quickly shoved everything into her backpack, ran over and hugged both Yewon and SinB goodbye before dashing out. The maknaes watched from their window to see Sowon jumping into her sister's arms, easily picked up. Her sister was tall and pretty, SinB wondered if Sowon would grow taller.

"Hwang Eun-"

"Ne!"

SinB almost reached her backpack before the sentence continued.

"Your mom called and it seems like you're staying the night."

SinB's arms dropped and so did her bag. It hit the floor harshly as SinB just let everything go. Trudging back to Yewon's side, she sighed.

"Are you okay Eunbi yah?"

"Mm."

Yewon patted SinB's hair softly. They could be lonely together.