school....is still bad?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Yewon waited for class to start, according to her own knowledge, adults must be timely. Class started at 9am, the clock right now, said something. Yea, something. Maybe it was 9. Maybe.

"Hey, do you know what time it is?"

"What is time?"

Umji held a sigh, was everyone stupid? Or was she a genius? Seeing as several other kids didn't understand her question or didn't answer her, she was the genius.

"Everyone settle down, it's time for class to start."

Straightening her back, Yewon paid proper attention, like when her unnie and oppa gave her instructions to do. Those were fun.

"Do we all know how to count?"

"Ne!"

"Then, let's all count together just in case alright?"

"Ne!"

Yewon sighed, quietly counting for her teacher, she already knew this, school is mean and boring. She sighed and put her head on her table.

"Kim Yewon!"

"Ne?"

"No sleeping in class! We have naptime later."

"Sorry?"

Ignoring the teacher, she continued to look out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your homework is to write your name, if you don't remember how, I suggest you ask your mom or dad. It's just an easy first day of school assignment, these will be your nametags for your table for the rest of the year."

"What if I can't ask mom or dad?"

Assuming the teacher meant you can only ask your parents, Yewon was curious. However, another kid decided to make fun of her.

"What, do you not have a mom or dad? Orphan?"

"Ani."

He snickered and whispered to his friend, Yewon could recognize the shape of his mouth, he was laughing and saying she was an orphan. Clenching her fist, she thought about teaching him a lesson, but decided against it. It does no good to stoop down to his level.

"You can ask anyone who knows to help you Yewon ah, are your parents usually busy?"

"Yeah."

"I can go over your name with you again during recess if you want?"

"I'll be fine teacher."

"What a smart little girl, you're so precious!"

Yewon gave a very convincing smile and left her seat, following her classmates out to recess.

At first, she saw them run around like headless chicken, screaming about ice. What were they doing? Walking over to a quieter place, she sat down against a tree, admiring the greenery around her. She had always liked nature.

Noticing a gesture that seemed to come at her direction, she recognized the hand belonging to the rude boy from before. Choosing her hide her hurt and embarrassment, she scooted to the back of the tree, facing a bush. The bush rustled lightly.

"Huh?"

"Is there someone there?"

A head poked out from between the branches of the bush, a young girl? Yewon's eyes shot wide, she didn't expect anyone to come out of the bush, and she was never good with sudden things, her siblings tended to cause her terror in times of mischief. She'd cry and run to her mom.

"Uhhh hi."

Yewon managed a small wave, still quite terrified of the girl who was half emerged from the bush.

"I-I didn't see you in class, who are you?"

"Ah, I'm from the school next door. What are you doing all alone? Loner?"

"I-I'm not a loner, I just chose not to hang out with them."

"That's called being a loner, stuuupid."

Slightly intimidated and scared of the other's cold face, Yewon heard the end of recess bell and ran for it.

"Yah! Wait! I'm stuck....darn it."

Hurrying inside her classroom, Yewon obediently sat at her seat. When was school supposed to be over? Soon right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kim Yewon, your mother is here, gather your things and you may go."

School had technically ended, but Yewon had to stay after because no one could come get her, her siblings were at cram school after regular school now, her mum had probably just rushed over from work.

"Yewon ah, how was your first day of school?"

"It was nothing."

"You didn't have fun?"

"I hate school."

Yewon got into her mother's car by herself, buckling in, happy that she didn't need to be in the car seat since her siblings weren't with her for a moment. They lived jsut a few blocks away from this private kindergarten and elementary school, but her mum had taken her car to go to work.

"Mom, explain to me the purpose of homework."

"It's to help you better understand something, why do you ask honey? Is there homework already?"

"I have to make my nametag."

"That's fun!"

===============

Now, who was it that our little Yewon met in the bushes? :D see you tomorrow!