It is what it is

2 cops in a D.Onut shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Kyungsoo.." Luhan slowly steps to his best friend.

"Mmm?" Kyungsoo was sitting down making a weekly schedule for his team. 

"Its been 3 months...and you haven't said a word about anything."

"About what?" 

"About kai."

Kyungsoo stopped moving his pen and made a sad smile and sighs deeply. He shakes his head a little. "Well, theres nothing to say...badly. Kai is happy now and he..has a boyfriend now. And I'm just a donut shop owner who just had a flirty crush on him. Luhan you don't have to ask shyly. I have been noticing eveyone is walking on eggshells around me lately. Its OKAY." Kyungsoo laughs. "Its just life and thats how it works. "

"But I'm..confused..what happened exactly. You been quiet about it. What in the heck happened. That day jungwoo and kai saw each other in the shop 3 months ago. I noticed your face was sad."

Kyungsoo sighs. "Because I already knew. 

 

*Flashback*

"Jungwoo?"

"Kai?"

"You're...the new person? What? How?"

"Well..I..I came back from the states and decided to take another career path. I..Kai you're a cop?"

Kai let out a nervous laugh while blushing. "Ye..Yeah."

Kyungsoo quietly inhaled a deep breath as he knew that he no longer had a chance. He smiled brightly. "Well don't just stand there. Come sit and have a coffee and we'll give you some donuts." He walks towards jungwoo and playfully guides him over. 

Jungwoo squeezed himself next to kai and the two were just flabbergasted and were both stuttering to talk. Sehun raised his brow and then looked to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just smiled and shurgged and went to go get coffee. 

As weeks went by Kyungsoo noticed kai and jungwoo would sit in a booth without sehun and would talk for hours after they were finished with their shifts. Kyungsoo couldn't help but feel as if felt like he was gently put aside by kai. 

kai never called him anymore or went to visit to his house. Kai didn't even make small talk or even have a long conversation with kyungsoo anymore. It was like if nothing or anything even happened. Everytime Kyungsoo did try to talk, it was like if he was butting in on kai and jungwoos conversations and it would get quiet.

As a month passed by Kyungsoo was in the back coutning money and would look up every once in a while at the surveillance cameras to see who was going in and out and making sure the place was under control. But he dropped the money as he saw kai and jungwoo share a small kiss in the back booth away from eveyone. Kyungsoo felt like his heart fully broke. He closed the door to his office and must have cried for hours. He was not the same after that. 

Weeks after that. Kai kinda hanged out with him but Kyungsoo faked a smile and laughed along with kai. As kai talked only about jungwoo. Only jungwoo. Anything topic wise was only about jungwoo. Kyungsoo knew.

Kyungsoo sighs. "Well I'm not going to lie. I really didn't think it would happen like this but it did. I had such high hopes for me and kai. Big hopes but thats how it is sometimes. It because we were lowkey doing stuff and were...getting close. I thought it was maybe going to turn into more. But jungwoo popped back in kai's life. Besides they have a past and history with each other. They took one look at each other and you can tell they still had that spark in their eyes for each other. I am not one to interrupt on their love for each other.

Right now I'm moving on with that small 'not really fling but was with kai' fling. Maybe it's sign that I'm not ready for a relationship. A si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter