Prologue

FORTUNE || BLPK x BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

2015

 Four fifteen-year-olds always waited this time around for the most anticipated Carnival that came to town. They would spend every single minute there, enjoying their time because of its special meaning and significance. It was the place where they all become friends and it became a tradition to go there every year.

They have been friends for many years now, they were all so different yet so unique but if you put them together they make a perfect match.

"Rosie ... Come here!" Rosie was looking at the Ferris wheel and founded strange how it just stopped for no reason. She heard her name being called out and quickly turned around to find Jennie and the rest already three meters away. "Sorry, got distracted" she yelled while running towards them. "Rosie, always noticing the weird around here," They laughed at Lisa's comment because their town was sketchy or at least Rose say it was, while the rest didn't find it abnormal.

It was getting late so they decided to go back home. They lived close to each other so they walked together and they have always been together since they were very young and almost the whole neighborhood knew them and called them Blinks because they would blink uncontrollably when they saw them for many reasons.

The neighborhood called them Blackpink due to the reason that all of them were beautiful girls with good intentions which attracted Boy's /Men's , but at the same time, people would notice this dark aurora that would revolve them; their rest faces were no help either.

Since the Carnival was quite far... when they were halfway through, they got quite thirsty, "Jimin recommended me this place for smoothies.. we should go since it's around here," Lisa says while lifting her arm and pointing at the left street. "Like around there,"

The other 3 girls were hesitant if they should go, since they never been to this part of the neighborhood and something was pulling Rose to go there, so she listened to her conscious and grabbed Jisoo's arms "I have a good feeling about this. Come on." All of them gave in and went to the smoothie place.

Strawberry for Rose

Banana and Pineapple for Jennie

Mango For Jisoo

Blueberries For Lisa

Jimin was right.. these smoothies were so good Lisa thought.

They loved the smoothies. They made small talk as they continued walking while drinking their smoothies when they noticed a strange store.

It was a very small store, not to mention it's lights were dim with a heavy neon sign saying it's stored name.

'Forture'

They thought it would be a fun experience to know their 'future' from a fortune teller. After all, they were just fifteen years old girls. What could their future have in store for them?

They all walked in and saw that the price for a session was $20 dollars and they all gasped at how expensive it was. "I only got 5 dollars left" Jisoo confessed and everyone agreed they all did not have enough money.

Maybe it's not meant to be.

They decided to leave and turned toward the door; Jisoo grabbed the handle to turn the knob when all of the sudden, a woman rushed at them.

"Please wait!" she yelled.

The girls all froze by the raspy voice of the mysterious woman. "We only have like 12 dollars ma'am .. We combined all of our money." The girls said as they all bowed to the woman and tried to leave once more, but the woman had smelled their strong Auroras--smelled a strong curse sentenced in their souls.

She wanted to know more about these girls.

She never met such a group of girls who had such strong auroras and the curiosity was eating her alive. The fortune teller needed to know more about them.

She wasn't looking to take their money anymore. She just needs to have the girls stay so she can fill her curiosity about them.

"It's alright, it's on the house" she smirks.

They all stood still.

What does that suppose to mean?

Is that good thing? At least they got to keep their money.

"Please come on" she guided them to a room, which creeped the out of Lisa and Jennie.

They all sat down next to each other with their smoothies and the girls looked at each other and were scared in what kind of did they got themselves into. Rose noticed that the room was full of Elks and Fallow deer heads. Every single wall was covered full of them. The dead animals stared at them, as if they knew something. Their crystal clear glass bored into their souls leading to the girls to have chills run down their spines.

Lisa tugged into Jennie's arms feeling scared of the dead animals stare.

They all started to feel uneasy when suddenly they started to heard noises. whispers. All of them looked at different directions trying to find the source of sound. 

Rose made the conclusion that Fallow deer and Elks were the ones reading their future, not the women, she was just the translator.

The woman sat down on the other side of the table and examined them with her eyes and Jennie swears that in any second her eyes were going to pop out.

"It's amazing, you guys work well for being so different. ......The four of you guys will be friends until the day you die!!!"

It was confirmed, she didn't have the prettiest laugh.

But the girls were all happy of the news that their friendship was going to last that long but none of them saw themselves without each other so they didn't find it hard to believe. "but it's not like your life is going to last long...it's actually quite short," said the fortune teller with a faraway voice, almost as she felt pity for them.

All jokes aside. 

They all stayed quiet and were puzzled. Too scared to ask any questions. "Sometimes being beautiful and having a soft heart attracts the sons of the demons" She began to talk once again but the girls weren't believing almost none predictions since she pointed out that they will all die young.

"Don't you want to know... how you girls die," she ends her sentence with a smirk. Rose was the first one to speak "Dying will come naturally to us right?... we all see our lives ahead us... why do you tell us such lies to girls our age instead of like our love interests?"

"It's nothing natural," she comments.

She keeps on talking about their lives to convince them that she's been telling them that it's nothing but the truth.

"Instead of the dark side of 'our future' can you tell us more about-" Jisoo gets cut off by the women, who said "Bright side?"

"There's almost none" She admits.

The girls are shocked and Rose notices that it been more than 4 minutes that they have been here and suggests that they should not continue to hear nonsense and leave.

"let's go" Rose mouths to the girls.

"Please don't leave, stay a little longer," the fortune teller exclaims but Lisa says that they have no money to pay to her but the women insistent that it was fine, she just needed more time for the information to be sent.

All of them stayed quiet for the next minute while the women had her eyes closed. "Why are you girls so close?" she opens her eyes and sighs. They give her a puzzled look, "Because of the strong bond between you girls I can't really tell you... Directly what will happen."

"But all I see is four girls suffering and a lot" She admits, takes a big breath and comes a bit closer to their faces which makes the girls back up a little.

"Rose... Jennie.. Lisa... Jisoo, you girls have to be careful of who you let inside of your life and who you let out because that determines if you die naturally or tragically."

How did she know my name? They asked themselves.

"BY tragic, what do you mean exactly?" Rose asks.

"Everyone dies differently and by different causes, it's tragic" Chills went down their spins when the woman said that. This wasn't something the girls expect to hear about their future. They expected to hear about their popularity, their studies, friendships, families, and boys.

"yea it's time to leave" Jisoo gets up from her seat and rest follow after her. The all quickly try to escape the room. The women pleaded them to stay, that they should know how they will die.

That's ed up.

They all refused to believe her.

"Don't you want to know what's your destiny?" "Huh?"

Still not believing her, Jisoo grabs the handle of the door to leave. They all remain silent.

"One dies because of a sacrifice, One dies because of an accident, One dies from suicide, the last one gets murdered ..." she splurged without their consent.

"I really hope you girls.... be careful," it was almost like she pitied them.


 

"Don't believe her," Jisoo says to the girls that were about to tear up. "Why would she says such negative predictions about us"

"Don't you think she was warning us? Keep in mind that we didn't even pay her," Rose had a good point, there was no reason for her to lie and how could she know so much about their past.

Lisa, the youngest one was the most scared of them all and Jisoo noticed her worries and decided to hug her tightly, "It's okay. Like she said, if we make good decisions with our life we will die naturally" those words calmed the girls down a bit.

"Let's try to erase this event from our memory," They all nodded in agreement.

 

Eventually, nobody had the guts to speak about topic ever again.

-

"Can we please have a sleepover in my house?" Lisa begs, they all look at each other and smile "why not?" Jennie says and all of them shifted their direction towards Lisa's house.

Lisa knocked her door and was greeted by her older brother Namjoon, who's currently in his second to last year of high school. "It's almost 10 pm, where have you be-" he stops talking when he sees that she has brought company.

Lisa's parents are workaholics since both of them are very successful lawyers, they are rarely seen at home. Lisa is aware that since she's young, she does what she pleases since her parents are not there to discipline her or tell her what's good or bad for her, but Namjoon has done a good job on keeping Lisa's feet on the ground and teach her morals of life.

"This time it wasn't on purpose. I'm sorry" She apologizes which makes her brother calm down and seems that her friends were coming in the house and Lisa still hasn't said a word about them. "It's late shouldn't little girls be home" he teases and Jennie pushes him to the side playfully so she could pass through.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter