Prologue - You Are

Tomorrow, Today

♪ It’s a beautiful sky
The sky is clear like you
There is not a cloud because of you
The world feels different to me  ♪

 

--

 

"Jinyoung."

"Hm?"

Jinyoung turned his head, hair fluttered as the wind blew on the school rooftop, just like Jaebum's heart. The blue sky behind him was beautiful, as clear as the black orbs that captured his eyes, taking his breath away and rendering him speechless. Jinyoung lifted an eyebrow, waiting. He swallowed his breath.

"You know there's a painting competition coming up after summer break and I have to submit something."

Jinyoung nodded. "And?"

"I want you to be my model."

Jinyoung tilted his head, eyes that always seemed to see through his deepest soul fixed on him. He started to feel nervous, wondering what Jinyoung was able to see. The silence felt like forever, and he started to feel dejected at the possible rejection. But then, Jinyoung's mouth curled into a smile that was brighter than the sun above them, and he released the air he didn't know he was holding.

"You better win after exploiting me like that."

Jaebum smirked. "Of course I will. Who do you think I am?"

Jinyoung rolled his eyes. "Alright, Mr. Genius."

Jaebum laughed, and the other followed. They let the laughter fade, molding into a comfortable silence as the late spring breeze caressed their skin. It felt so nice, being with Jinyoung like that, and he found himself wishing the bell would never rang. Moment like that made him painfully aware of the feeling he kept toward the other, something he couldn't hide anymore. So he called out for that name again.

"When I win that competition, there's something I want to tell you," he said. Jinyoung furrowed his brows, confused.

"Why not saying it now?"

"So you'll be curious about it, because you can't stand not knowing something," Jaebum grinned. And so you'll think of me as you wondering about it. He yelped when Jinyoung hit his shoulder and laughed when he saw the boy pouting, exhilarated and expectant of what would happen after summer break.

After summer break never came for Jaebum, and his confession was buried deep inside his heart as tomorrow vanished from his life.

________________________________

 

Thanks for reading!

Oh, and while I'm at it, I want to ask for your opinion. Do you prefer long chapters of short chapters? I've been writing long chapters because I like it more, but I'm just curious of what you think. It's okay if you don't answer this curiosity of mine, but thanks before if you do :))

Song: GOT7 - You Are