I Remember Too Clearly

I Meant Something Like This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"OH MY GOD". Mino mouths to himself. He's not sure if he was able to sleep at all or if he was just twisting and turning in bed the whole night while thinking about all of his bad decisions in life.

"You kissed him. You're stupid Song Mino. Stupid. Stupid." He says to himself while burying his face in the pillows wishing the bed would swallow him whole and get him out of his misery.

He can just play it cool. He can say he was still drunk and pretend he doesn't remember. Or that it meant totally nothing that it's not even worth mentioning. Yeah I can do that he thinks. He goes out of his room and sees the door opposite his being opened by a fresh out of bed Seungyoon. His eyes widen as soon as he sees Mino. Seungyoon walks to him and begins to say something but Mino shuts his door to his face before he can even hear anything. 

Okaaay. This is going to be harder than he thought.

Seungyoon can't believe Mino. He kisses him out of nowhere and then avoids him in the morning? He goes to the kitchen where Seunghoon is preparing breakfast.

"Mino kissed me." He announces to Seunghoon who had his back to him as he sits on the bar stool.

"I know, you did it in my room." Seunghoon says while getting an egg from the fridge.

"No, he kissed me AFTER the game, after everyone left."

Seunghoon drops the egg that he was supposed to break in the pan. He turns around and checks if Seungyoon was awake enough to realize what he was saying. "What..just what."

"Right?? Why on earth would he do that?"

Seunghoon gets a paper towel to clean the mess he made with the egg, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as well. "Maybe he was still drunk?"

"I'm sure he was sober by then." Seungyoon began nibbling the bread on the table.

"Well was it like a peck or..."

"No hyung, he slammed into me and it was wet and open, and there was tongue and-"

"YAH YAH YAH I GET IT. I don't want to imagine my two dongseangs making out!" Seunghoon swats in the air as if it can shoo away the mental image. "Well, I guess Mino likes you."

Seungyoon almost choked on the bread he was eating.

"Mino??? Likes me?? That's absurd. Mino doesn't like me. That's... nope hyung. Mino can't like me like really LIKE me." Seungyoon says in between coughs.

Seunghoon hands him a glass of water and rubs his back. "Alright, alright. Well you guys talk about it. Spare us any awkwardness in this apartment."

"Awkward? He's the one avoiding me. I feel no awkwardness whatsoever. I just wanna know why he did it." Seungyoon says and he wishes he was as confident as how he sounded.

 

Mino peered through his door and saw that the coast is clear so he tiptoed his way to get some food in the kitchen. He skipped breakfast to avoid Seungyoon but he's starving now and he can't possibly hide in his room his whole birthday.

"Birthday boy!" Mino jumped at the voice. He didn't realize Jinwoo was sitting at the living room petting his cats. "Oh, hi hyung."

"Why are you tiptoeing?" Jinwoo asks his head tilted to the side.

"Uh.. I didn't wanna wake anyone up."

"Mino, it's already past 12."

"Yeah? Well people might be napping."

"Okaaay?" Jinwoo looks at him funnily then goes back to petting his cats.

Mino can't take it anymore. He has to tell someone. He literally has no idea what to do and their eldest hyung might impart some wisdom. He suddenly sits at the sofa beside him, the movement startling the cats and making them jump from the sofa hissing at him. Jinwoo looks confused as to why Mino is acting so weird.

"Hyung, I kissed Seungyoon."

Jinwoo's eyebrows shot up in his forehead. "You mean other than the kiss in the game?"

"We didn't actually kiss in the game. Yoon lied. I kissed him after the game."

"Why on earth...?" Jinwoo's WTF face is almost funny if Mino wasn't so stressed about the whole situation.

"I dunno. I wasn't thinking. I sometimes do impulsive things." Mino shrugs.

"Mino, the impulsive things you usually do is buy a ridiculously pricey pair of pants that's more holes than actual denim, not kissing your friend, who is also your leader. What were you thinking?" 

"That's the point, I wasn't thinking!!"

Jinwoo straightens and sighs. "Well do you like him?"

"Like Seungyoon??? No? What's there to like?? That's ridiculous, I would-"

"Well then apologize to him okay? I don't want this to mess up our group's relationship."

Jinwoo is right. This thing will definitely affect their working dynamic if he doesn't fix it. And by fix it, he means pretending he doesn't like Seungyoon more than a friend for everyone's sake. "Yes hyung, I will."

“Hey…” Mino knocks on Seungyoon’s studio while opening the door. He usually just goes straight right in but he felt like he needed to announce his presence this time.

Seungyoon rotates his desk chair to look at Mino with raised eyebrows. “I see you’ve decided to finally acknowledge me today.”

Mino sits at the small bench opposite Seungyoon. “Okay so, about last night.”

"This should be good." Seungyoon folds his arms and looks at Mino waiting for his explanation. 

“I wasn’t myself, I was drunk.” Mino gives his best serious expression but Seungyoon can see right through the bull.

“Oh I think you were pretty sober.” Seungyoon counters.

“What are you talking about? I was so wasted I almost can’t remember anything. Anyway, I came here to apologize because even though I don’t remember half of it, it doesn’t mean anything and I don’t want things to get weird between us.”

“Oh..kay? Apology accepted-”

“Great-“

“IF you admit that you were sober when you kissed me.” Seungyoon challenged.

Mino deliberated if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter