Quatro

How To Unlove You

Jeonghan can feel his heart beating so loud and so fast.

When he look at his watch, the time made him more nervous.

It's already quarter to 9:00 and here he is. Outside their house.

As his step getting nearer to the door, he can't help but to bit his lower lip because of anxiousness.

The moment he heard the door clicked, he can feel himself drowning and it's getting harder to breath.

He get inside and saw Mingyu facing the television. He close the door as silent as possible.

When he did.. he made his way to the stairs as silent as possible too. More careful than ever.

One step and he'll reach the stair.
 

"Where do you think you're going?"

He gulped. Mingyu's voice seems deeper than usual. Jeonghan trembled. Close his eyes and open it as he sighed.

He face Mingyu who turned the television off.

The look on Mingyu's face made him more nervous. Though he don't know why Mingyu is like that, he's still scared.

"Sit."

And Jeonghan did. He sit down on the couch facing Mingyu.

The surroundings is so mute.

All Jeonghan could hear is his breath and his heart.

"Where have you been?"

With Mingyu's question he bit his lower lip.

"I ate dinner outside."

"With whom?"

Jeonghan look at Mingyu again.
He don't want to answer the question.

He don't want to drag Jun's name.

"I am asking you Jeonghan. Answer me."

Mingyu's voice is more like a scowl.

Jeonghan closed his eyes and crossed his fingers behind his back.

"I ate with S-seokmin."

'Im sorry Seokmin.'

A sound of someone's smirk made Jeonghan shiver.

"You're not good at lying President Yoon."

Mingyu said before he stood up and made his way to his own room.

Jeonghan sighed. When he is sure he's alone, he too made his way to his room.

There he let himself breath.

'He knew I was lying..'

Jeonghan received a message.

It's from Jisoo..

From: Jisoo

How was your date? :D


What do you mean?

 

From: Jisoo

 

Im sorry. I intentionally
left you two alone.

 

It's ok.

 

From: Jisoo

 

Let's eat lunch
together tomorrow.

 

Sure.

 

Jeonghan sighed. He really knew the saying 'It's never easy to say no.'

 

He really do.

 

Even though he want to sleep he can't.
Aside from his own assignments and projects, he took some paperworks from their school council home.

 

The proposal of clubs and rejections needs a reconsidering.

 

Jeonghan was used to this. He's been doing that for the last 2 years already.

 

He'll come to school earlier than normal and he'll go out of school later as usual. It's because he need to make sure that all the classrooms are clean.

 

That the school is alright.

 

The dean lean in him so much that he works like a supervisor of the school.

 

He didn't complain though. He likes it. It somehow distracts him from things he don't wanna think about.

 

Aside from that, almost all of the students respects him and his grades are on top because it makes ablot for his marks.

 

He still can't get over on what happened earlier. He want to know why Mingyu approach him. Well yeah it's obvious that it's not normal because first of all, Mingyu doesn't talk to him.

 

It's just confusing because usually, Mingyu doesn't care if he go home or not.

 

He's been the only one who's like a fool waiting for Mingyu everytime he go home late and hide somewhere when Mingyu comes home until he go to his room.

 

'We've didn't even had breakfast together.. It's already a month and a half since we've lived together.'

 

Jeonghan sighed.

 

How can he focus on what he's doing if he's thinking of Mingyu.

 

But it's true.

 

The usual routine is..

 

Jeonghan is already at school before Mingyu even go out of his room.

 

They don't talk to each other even though they live together.

 

At weekends, Mingyu will go out whole day. While Jeonghan is left alone with his homeworks and celphone.

 

Mingyu usually come home late.

 

Jeonghan comes home late too but much earlier than Mingyu.

 

School is until 6:00 pm only yet Jeonghan go home an hour later because of his duties.

 

But Mingyu, he would always go home usually 10:00 pm.

 

Sometimes drunk or with a girl.

 

Jeonghan hears it everytime. The flirting outside their house in the middle of the night.

 

He don't know if he should be thankful since Mingyu is not bringing the girl inside.

 

Just outside the house and after an hour of kissing and talking or flirting, the girl would eventually go home.

 

For him who love Mingyu.. It's too much. It hurts too much.

 

And it made him cry. This is not the first time he cry for Mingyu, for himself, for his supposed to be career right now.

 

This marriage is a blessing and at the same time, it's hell.

 

He's in the middle of wiping his tears when he heard his phone rings.

 

So he answered it without looking.

 

He first clear his voice so the caller won't notice it.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Jeonghan?"

 

It's Jun.

 

"Hey.. why the sudden call?"

 

"Well.. I just want to ask if you got home safely.."

 

"Im fine.. how about you?"

 

"Im not home yet. Jisoo told me abiut what he did earlier.. Im sorry about it."

 

Jeonghan smiled. Jun is apologizing ecen though he was just Jisoo's victim too.

 

"He told me about it too. It's ok. I had great time with you. Thanks for the dinner again Jun."

 

"It's nothing. I should be the one thankful. You don't know how happy I am."

 

Jeonghan felt his face heat up. Jun is such a sweetheart.

 

"You're exaggerating.."

 

"No Im not.. Anyway---Hey Jun! Let's go!"

 

He heard other voice on the line. He's sure it's Hoshi.

 

"You should go now.. your friends are calling you already.."

 

"Y-yeah.. sorry about that.. I'll call you again. Bye Jeonghan. Take care."

 

He smiled. It's pretty obvious that Jun is reluctant on cutting the line.

 

"Bye Jun. Take care too.."

 

Then he wait for the call to finally hang up.

 

He sighed. Jun is handsome too same as Mingyu.. but Jun's kindness is pure. Everyone calls him the 'Friendly prince' in school.

 

He's genuine to everyone.

 

But Jeonghan only see him as friend.
Nothing more..

 

Or he just love Mingyu more.