Joshua

Because He's Hong Jisoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Rohee-ya, are you still coming to the party?” Hana asks me as I write stuff for my new blog. I look at her and nods quickly. Hana laughs and hug my shoulder so I look at her, “what’s up? Why do you look so happy?”

“I’m just very happy my friend will go to writers block awarding party” Hana smiles at me. I smile back, “I thought you will never change your mind about receiving that award. You’re really talented” she explains.

“Well, I guess I am that talented”

“You are! And you’re also pretty!” Hana praises me. I don’t know what’s on her mind but she’s being really nice today.

“Okay Hana. Thankyou!” I laugh.

Hana stops for a while and look at me again, “uhmm will you bring...”

“Jisoo? Yeah I will” I guess and it seems like my guess was right. Hana gets really quiet after I answer that. “If he can come, of course I will bring him”

“But-“

“I know, you will ask, why him of all people and all men,” I smile, “because he’s Hong Jisoo”

“Because he’s Seventeen’s Josua,” Hana corrects me.

“No, because he’s Hong Jisoo!” I correct her back.

“There’s a lot of men out there who wants you” Hana replies, “but you choose Joshua?”. I smile at her and nods. “He’s amazing, but our friends, all the heirs-“

“I don’t care, I want Jisoo” I explain and laugh.

“Your love story is cute, you’re always there behind him, supporting him no matter what,” Hana remembers for a while, “I hope he supports you as much as you support him”

“I know he will” I smile.

“Did you tell him about the competition?”

“I haven’t,” I shake my head, “I haven’t really think about that”

“It’s an international competition! You don’t need to think about it” Hana reminds me, “you’re a good writer Rohee! I’m sure he’ll be thrilled when he heard about this”

“I think so” I laugh.

 

BEEP! BEEP!

 

I look at my phone and smile. Hana looks at me and giggles, “speaking of...”

“I need to go” I laugh as I receive the incoming call in my cellphone. I pick up the phone and greet the caller, “hello!”

“I’ll see you on the side field?” He ask me.

“Yes sure, I’m on my way there” I ran towards the football field of my campus and found a person on black jacket and hat immediately. From the figure. I know it’s him.

I walk towards him and poke his shoulder. He looks at me and smile after. Wow, I haven’t seen that smile for a while now. “Rohee” he smiles and hugs me immediately. I hug him tight and smile. Wow, I miss his hug. We’ve been dating for almost 5 years and the feelings still haven’t change. That butterflies still stays there whenever he did something romantic. Even until now.

“How are you?” He asks me and I sit next to him before I reply.

“I’m doing great!” I reply, “how are you? How’s practice and everything?”

“Tiring. But now that I’m with you, I feel really good” Joshua smiles and hug me again. “Do you miss me?” he asks, “it’s been almost a week. I’m so sorry”

“It’s okay!” I reply really fast, “anything new?”

“Well.. yeah..” Joshua smiles and open his phone. He look over his calendar and show it to me. “I want to show you this” he shows me his calendar that is marked red all over the place. “This is my tour schedule”

Hm..okay” I look over the schedule, “it seems okay” I can see some empty boxes around”

“That’s for practicing” He look at me.

“But I still can see you after practice hour right?” I start to get worried.

“That’s the thing, I will be very busy with the others, I might not be able to see you for 2 months full and can only see you by video call,” Joshua explains, “my manager won’t allow me to meet you. It’s dangerous as well”

I nodded. wow. This is really hard.

“but you see this week? The one with no red or blue or any color mark?” he shows me  one week where it looks clear and I nodded. “That’s my ‘free’ free week” he starts to speak in English in korean. It seems like he have difficulties on explaining it to me. I know him that much. He combines the 2 languages when it gets hard to him to explain what he means. “we have a full break that time” he looks at me, “and I want you to come with me”

 

 

“come with you? Where?” I ask.

“I’m taking my parents to Jeju,” He answers, “and it would be very nice if you can come.” He look at me, “I want you to come with me and my parents. It would be amazing”

Meeting Joshua’s parents? Wow.

This is big.

I look over the calendar. Oh no.

“Josh” I look at him and smile, “I can’t-“

“Please,” Joshua look at me, “I can only see you by that time and I need you the most after my parents. That holiday will means so much to me” he explains, “don’t think about the cost and permission I can handle that for you. I will even tell your parents about this so they will agree”

“Not that.. it’s just-” I stop. I haven’t tell him about the 1 week competition in New York. It’s the same time with the free time that Joshua has.

This is bad.

I really want to support him.

But writing is my life as well.

But supporting him is the thing I’ve always been doing. I’ve been supporting him since the first day I met him. I remember I met him at church on Sunday. He took time during his training he said.

I seriously thought he’s training for academic competition or whatsoever. Never thought that he’s actually a future idol.

I only knew that he’s a pledis trainee that is gonna have their debut soon only after the first month we date. It was crazy and he almost fainted. He really thought I would broke up with him. but no. Not because he’s a future idol.

It’s because I believe in him. and I want to support him no matter what.

I guess it really is love.

“Okay, I’ll go” I smile and he hug me, “I love you Ahn Rohee”

“I love you too” I reply and he look at me.

“So, tell me about your week,” He smiles, “how was it?”

“Hmm.. I got an an award,”

“Really?! No!” Joshua looks really surprised, “tell me more!”

“Yeah! I can get award too like you!” I laugh and he giggles, “it’s a writing award made by Korean writer’s organization”

“Good for you! I’m so proud of you!” he smiles, “when are you gonna receive the award”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter