Chapter 1

Choices

Chapter 1

 

"Yah! Lee Chaeyeon!" 

She could recognise the voice, even from far. With her pair of long legs, Chaeyeon was sure that she would be able to ran away from Eunbi and escape her wrath. But instead, she halted on her tracks and turn her body around waiting for Eunbi's 10cm short legs to catch up with her. 

A normal person would have panic and avoid a mad woman running towards her as if wanting to take her life.  But not Chaeyeon who is helplessly in love with Kwon Eunbi. 

Her senior and vice-captain of her dance crew. 

Also, her crush since freshmen. 

 

"Do you want to die?!" Eunbi catches her breathe and glared at the younger girl who stares in amusement in return. 

"What did I do?" 

Eunbi gasp in disbelief, opening her palm which revealed a toy cockroach. Upon seeing the realistic insect, Chaeyeon jumped away from the girl and shrieked. 

"What the heck! What's with that cockroach on your hand unnie?!"

 

At the strong reaction from the younger girl, Eunbi doubled herself up and burst into a loud harsh cackle of laughter. 

"Wait! It wasn't you who put this in my locker to prank me?" 

Chaeyeon scoffed, "Why would I do that? Do you think I'm that free?" 

Eunbi sighed and shoved the cockroach into her pocket, roling her eyes up in thinking mode, "Who else would prank me?" 

The younger girl bite onto her smile at the serious senior who fell for her acting. She watches as Eunbi roll up her sleeve and mutter curses under her breath at the person who dares to prank her. Funny how Eunbi thinks she can get a revenge with her small frame and harmless personality. Chaeyeon bet she couldn't hurt a fly. 

 

It was one of the main reasons why Chaeyeon developed a crush on the older girl.

She swears Eunbi is one of the kindest soul in this fallen world. (Eventhough she might be a real prankster herself at times) Chaeyeon vivdly recalls that day when she was walking home and then she saw the familar senior lurking around the neighbourhood while holding on to a black plastic bag. 

 

Curious, Chaeyeon stayed for a good five minutes to observe what the beauty was doing. 

At the end of the day, Chaeyeon found out that Eunbi has been providing food for the stray cats and dogs who was abandon and even treat some of their injuries. She only realised that she had been watching the older girl and patting the pets when she felt her calf starting to ache. 

Since then, Chaeyeon have been unknowingly paying more attention to her senior as compared to others. Often, she would question herself. 

 

How could someone be so perfect?

 

Not only is Eunbi undeniably drop dead gorgeous with a kind heart, she's one of the top student in the whole cohort and she even dances and sing well. Just what can Kwon Eunbi not do? 

 

"Why are you smiling?" Eunbi glares. 

"You're funny, that's why."

"What?" 

Chaeyeon couldn't hold her laughter anymore and burst into giggles, "What are you going to do after finding out who the prankster?"

"Kill her."

"See? You're so funny." The younger girl smiles, bringing her hand up to pat on the shorter's hair, "You can't even stay angry for long, unnie. Plus with your small body how are you going to take revenge?"

 

"I have you." Eunbi says confidently, "You will help me right, Chaeyeonie?" 

"H-Huh?" Chaeyeon stammers, totally taken back by the suddden cute act from the older girl, "H-Help you with what?" 

Eunbi grins, "Finding the prankster and helping me to kill her with your long limps and strong punch." 

 

Chaeyeon continues to stay rooted in her spot, trying hard to calm the storm in her as Eunbi patiently waits for an answer with her bright puppy eyes that was offically one of Chaeyeon's weakness.

 

"Chaeyeonnieee?"

With a nudge, Chaeyeon snapped out of the trance and nodded, "O-Of course unnie!" 

"You're the best!" Just by the blinding smile of Eunbi, the awe-stucked girl could feel her heart melting. 

 

Damn it why does she have to be so adorable? 

 

Now Chaeyeon have to find a way to kill herself. 

 

"See you, Chaeng." 

The younger girl almost fell onto the ground with her knees weakening at the sudden soft and warm feeling against her cheeks. Her heart stopped when her widen eyes fall on Eunbi's shy smile and redden cheeks. Even though she badly wants to say something, the sudden peck literally froze her up into a block of ice. 

"Cute." 

That's the last thing she hears Eunbi mutters softly before she runs off. 

 

Chaeyeon couldn't wipe off the grin on her face for the rest of the day. 

Part of her mind wonders if Eunbi feels the same way as her and just by the thought of the older girl returning back the same feelings, made her wear a look of ecstasy on her face.

 

A buzz in her pocket pulls her out of her fantasy with her crush.

 

From: Eunbi Unnie

Stop standing there like a fool, Chae. Class is starting go to class. See you laterrr <3 Miss me alright ;) 

 

Safe to say, Chaeyeon couldn’t get rid of Eunbi in her head for the rest of her classes.

 

 

***

 

 

However, Chaeyeon had a second conviction about her fantasy. She thought that the rest of the day would be good. Considered that it started off really well with a peck she recieved from her crush. But, nope. She thought wrong. 

Because there was her crush, flirting with another girl infront of her in the middle of their dance practice. She lost count of how many times Eunbi had hugged her flings in that short one hour of practice. 

 

Chaeyeon finally opened her eyes up and found a flaw in Eunbi after months of hanging out with her and being blinded by her other 99 talents and attractiveness.

 

Kwon Eunbi is a freaking woman casanova with girls on her left and right arm. 

 

 

”Chaeyeon!” 

The music stopped abruptly as trainer Bae Yoon Jung glared at the said girl through the transparent mirror. The entire dance crew held their breaths in, despite wanting to gasp for air after a minute into the song. 

“Are you not going to snap out of it?” She questioned strictly, arms folded against her chest as all attentions went onto the dance crews’ main dancer. 

Chaeyeon shudders at the daunting stare and lower her head in frustration, “I-I’m sorry.” 

The dance instructor clicked her tongue and sighed heavily, “Let’s take a five minutes break.” 

 

Once the older woman stepped out of the studio, everyone let out a sigh of relief. Chaeyeon dragged her feet towards her bag and wips her bottle out while the other 11 members watches her. 

 

“Chaeyeon, whats wrong?”

Kaeun furrowed her brows. It was unlikely for their main dancer who teaches and choreographed the whole routine to the crew to make so much mistakes and even forgetting some of the simple moves. 

The choreographer shakes her head and mask it with her bright smile as usual.

 

“Nah, just got distracted. Sorry, Cap!” 

She tears her eyes aways from the worried captain and glance at the pair goofying around at the corner of the room. At the sight of Eunbi laughing so heartedly with Sian, Chaeyeon tries to ignore the churns in her stomach and the rage building up in her chest. 

Just hours ago, she was in Sian’s place. Being the source of laughter to Eunbi. Yet, Eunbi easily replaced her with Sian, not even showing a single care as to why she’s so distracted. 

Wanting to get rid of the green jealousy in her, Chaeyeon was quick to send a half sincere grin to the dance crew’s leader before making her away out of the dance studio. Before she could make it to the restroom, a high-pitched adorable voice called her. 

 

“Chaeyeon-chan!” 

“Saku?” 

Swinging her bag over her shoulder, Sakura skipped towards her bestfriend cheerfully, not detecting the distressed Chaeyeon, “Are you done with practice?” 

The taller girl blinks in confusion and shakes her head, “No, we’re having a short break. But why are you here?” 

It was pass 8pm and Chaeyeon do not remember her bestfriend mentioning that she have any extracurricular activities that evening.

 

”Ah.” Sakura widen her eyes of a moment in panic, “I-I was doing group project and I remembered you have training. So i thought maybe I could wait for you to end and go home together!” 

Chaeyeon nodded, “Oh I see. I’m not sure what time will I be done though. I may need stay back for a while after practice to make amendments to the choreography. Do you want to head home first?” 

Disappointment flashed through the latter’s orbs as she puffed her cheeks out and looks at Chaeyeon with her puppy eyess. 

Chaeyeon groaned and looked away. She knows that Sakura was trying to get her to walk home together and skip extra practice.

“Don’t look at me like this, Saku-chan. I have to stay. Competition is just in two weeks time.” 

The short-haired beauty then dropped her head in despair, whinning, “It already have been a week since I walked home with you! Are you forgetting your bestfriend??!” 

Chaeyeon burst into soft giggles, and ruffled the shorter’s hair.

“Geez, you’re such a baby. I wonder who is the older one between us.” 

Sakura glares jokingly at her bestfriend and suggested, “Why not you let me be an audience? Let me sit in your practice!” 

“Eh?” 

“Pleaseeee?” She begged, clinging onto Chaeyeon’s arm who just sighed and nodded her head slightly making the shorter girl beam brightly, “Let’s go in then!!!”

Excitedly, Sakura dragged her bestfriend towards the studio. Before they reach the knob, the door was flung open, revealing her vice-captain.

 

“Eunbi-chan!” Sakura greeted cheerfully while Chaeyeon stepped away from her bestfriend immediately when she sees Eunbi’s eyes on their linked arms. She certainly do not wish Eunbi to misunderstand anything.

“Hey. What brings you here, Sakura?” Eunbi smiled slightly, her eyes never leaving Chaeyeon while the younger avoided the eye contact at all cost.

Sakura then nudge her bestfriend. 

 

“Saku-chan wants to sit in. Can she?” 

The brunette nods and stepped aside for the pair of bestfriend to enter, “Sure. Teacher Bae is back, quickly get into your position.”

”Thanks.” Chaeyeon smiles awkwardly, pulling her bestfriend to her corner, warning Sakura, “Stay here and just watch. Don’t scream or I don’t know? Take pictures and videos okay?”

The latter nods, shooing her naggy bestfriend away.

“Hwaiting! Go show your moves, Chae!” The dance shoot a quick proud smile to her friend before hurriedly get into her position. 

 

 

***

 

 

Fortunately, Chaeyeon was able to stop herself from getting distracted by Eunbi and her flings. Maybe it was because Sakura was there to act as another distraction - a better distraction. The duo had met each other in middle school when Sakura’s family migrated from Japan to Korea and became Chaeyeon’s neighbour. 

With Chaeyeon’s father having close business ties with the Miyawakis’, their daughters naturally became inseparable after a few hang outs at each others place. It was safe to say that they know almost everything about each other. 

Sakura is the only person who pops up in her mind whenever she needed advices or a listening ear and the older girl definitely plays her role well as her bestfriend and pillar. She could never imagine how her life would be without Sakura. 

Exactly five years back, Chaeyeon met the sweet, adorable and pretty Sakura hiding behind her father’s back. She could never forget how shy the girl was. 

It took quite awhile to befriend the shorter especially with some language barrier but there was undeniably a connection between the duo. Even with obstacles, they managed to become inseparable besties. 

Both of them strongly believes that it was fate.

 

”Wahhh Chaeyeon-chan!!! That was so cool!!” Sakura stood up immediately, clapping her hands once the intimidating dance instructor stepped out of the studio after giving a few feedbacks to the team.

Chaeyeon smiled widely and ran towards her friend excitingly, “Teacher Bae complimented us!” 

“I can’t believe you did that stunt earlier on!! How do you even do that?” Sakura asked in complete amazement. Her silly side came out and she sat down on the ground with her hands by her side and try to imitate Chaeyeon’s b-boy skills.

The younger girl felt tickles in her bones as she bends forward and clutch her stomach in laughter.

 

Oh how silly is her bestfriend?

 

“Stop it! You will hurt yourself.” Chaeyeon recovered from her laughter and helped the pouting latter up. Sakura looks around the studio and found everyone else packing their bags up.

”So, we can go home now?”

”Yes Saku-chan. I guess the choreography is pretty much settled with Teacher Bae’s satisfaction.” Chaeyeon chuckled when she see her bestfriend’s idiotic wide grin. 

“Let’s go then!!!” 

Chaeyeon nods and turn to the rest of her dance crew members, “Guys! I will leave first! Thanks for today and sorry for the mistakes I’ve done.” 

“Ehy, no need to apologise. It had been hard for you go come up with the choreography.” Go Yujin responded, showing her thumbs up. The main dancer’s lip curled up into an grateful smile in return. 

 

“See you guys next wee   

    Wait.” 

All eyes now fall on Eunbi who fidget uneasily at her spot.

 

”S-Should we get dinner together?”

Slience.

 

”Are you asking Chaeyeon out alone or?” Yena asked, raising her brow teasingly. Eunbi widen her eyes and pointed to everyone.

”E-Everyone! Sakura can join us too!” 

Yena snickered at her ‘mom’. She was terrible at lying and Yena pretty sure everyone could see her through especially the way the older girl tries to hide her pink cheeks behind her hair. 

“I’m in!” Yena said loudly, breaking the eerie slience and saving her mom from embarrassment. Seconds after, the whole team cheered and demand for the captain to treat them, successfully shifting the attention away from Eunbi. 

The brunette turns to Yena and casted her a thankful look but Yena gave her a lopsided smile that practically says, i-know-what-is-your-motive. 

Eunbi groans internally and blamed herself for acting so impulsively then glance at Chaeyeon who happened to be looking at her as well. The younger girl looked confused, not knowing that Eunbi was feeling exactly the same way as her. 

Seeing Sakura and Chaeyeon all over each makes Eunbi confused. She doesn’t know why she have to use all her self-control to refrain herself from pulling Chaeyeon away from her bestfriend. 

 

 

***

 

 

Ignoring the instructions from their dance instructor to manage their weight before the competition, the dance crew made their way into a BBQ resturant. Ordered 20 people portion when there are only 13 people inclusive of Sakura snd begin digging in as if they just won the competition.

 

While everyone else on the other two tables were having the time of their lives, Chaeyeon chew on her meat slowly wondering if the heavens were playing tricks on her.

Out of all people, she have to sit infront of Eunbi and her two main chicks. 

How long more can she handle the flirting game infront of her? 

“Unnie, do you want more kimchi? I’ll go get it.” Hyewon questioned, standing on her two feets. 

Eunbi shook her head, “No thanks, babe.” 

While Chaeyeon was cringing at the endearment, light pink dust blushes across Hyewon’s cheeks. Sian chuckled lightly at her senior’s flirty comment, being used to it.

”Hyewon! I want more, help me?” The said girl snapped out of her thought and took the plate from Sian before leaving the table. 

Trying to ignore the happenings infront of her, Chaeyeon focuses her attention on her bestfriend sitting next to her. Smiling slightly at how Sakura seems to fall in love with the taste of meat.

”Saku-chan, aren’t you eating too much?” Chaeyeon teased, giving the meat that was previously on her plate to Sakura. She swear almost 65% of the meat grilled was all in Sakura’s stomach. 

Sakura smiles sheepishly, “Sorry, its just too delicious.” 

“Tch.” Chaeyeon shakes her head, bring the plate nearer to Sakura like how a mother would, “Eat more than. Kaeun unnie is the one footing the bill anyway.” 

“Now i feel bad.”

Sian laughs, “Nah its fine. Kaeun unnie is rich.” 

The Japanese turns to Chaeyeon as if to seek confirmation and the younger girl shrugs and nodded. 

“Can i order more then?” Sakura questioned, surprising the other three girls. 

“You sure can eat alot as compared to how slim you are.” Eunbi says in amusement. 

Maybe Chaeyeon was just protective over her bestfriend. But when she noticed the slight skittish tone of her vice-captain, she felt a need to prevent Sakura from being another girl in Eunbi’s collection.

So she wraps her arm around Sakura’s shoulder and raise her free hand up, calling for the ahjumma. 

 

“Can we have another portion here?” 

“Yah! Lee Chaeyeon! Are you seriously gonna make me go bankrupt?” Kaeun protested.

The main dancer laughs and stuck her tongue out, pointing to Sakura, “You have to take care of our guest too and you are rich! You won’t go bankrupt!”

Kaeun groan and let the younger girl do whatever she wants, making Chaeyeon smirk in victory.

 

”You guys seems really close.” Sian says, “How did you two meet?” 

Chaeyeon looks over at Sakura then directed her attention back at the curious pair, “We’ve been friends since middle-school and we are neighbours. So I guess you can say I see her almost everyday for 5 years.” 

“Thats cool, did you taught Sakura-chan how to communicate in Korean?”

Chaeyeon nodded.

”I was so amazed when I came to Korea and met Chaeyeon!” Sakura added excitedly, “I told I was going to have a hard time in a foreign country but luckily Chaeyeon speaks Japanese and she became my first and best friend in Korea."

"Life wouldn't have been that easy without her.” 

The younger girl smiles bashfully, “I relied on you alot to, Saku-chan.” 

“Let’s just say we are each other’s pillars.”

 

”I didn’t know you speak Japanese, Chaeyeon.” Eunbi says. 

Chaeyeon shrugs, “I use to travel to Japan a lot when I was young for my father’s business and I guess i picked it up along the way.”

”That’s amazing.” The oldest among the table compliment, smiling proudly like a mother. And who knows whats going on in Eunbi’s head for her to throw a pick up line at Chaeyeon all of a sudden.

 

”Looks like I don’t have to worry much if we go to Japan on our honeymoon.” 

Chaeyeon almost choked on the air when Eunbi winked at her. Butterflies churned in her stomach how her heart skipped a few beats. She knew her cheeks must have flare red with how Eunbi was smiling from ear to ear teasingly.

Fortunately she didnt had to give a response as Hyewon came back with two plates of kimchi. 

“Who’s going to Japan for honeymoon?” Hyewon asked, puzzled.

Eunbi laughs.

“Who else? Me and you.” 

“W-What?” 

 

Chaeyeon scoffed internally as she watch the exchange between Hyewon and Eunbi. Of course Eunbi didn’t mean any of that. They aren’t even together. How could she think as far as getting married with her and going on a honeymoon? 

“You okay?”

Suddenly she felt a warm hand over her clenched fist under the table. She turns to the side and see Sakura looking at her worriedly. 

“Do you want to leave?” Sakura whispered softly. 

Chaeyeon says nothing and directed her attention back to the trio infront of them. Her heart pinched at the flirty exchange between Eunbi and the other two girls.

She felt sour. 

Maybe she should leave. 

But for some reason, there was a voice behind her head. Telling her to pull Eunbi aside and demand for an explanation. 

What’s with Eunbi suddenly wanting to have a dinner together with the crew?  What’s with the look of adoration whenever they locked eyes? What’s with the flings she had with all the girls she collected? What is the meaning behind the peck on her cheeks?

What’s with Eunbi and her mixed signal? 

The Japanese seems to sense her bestfriend’s distress. She placed her utensils down, and grab her bag. Ready to pull Chaeyeon up and leave the place but the younger girl acted first. 

 

“Eunbi unnie, let’s talk.” 

 

 

 

 


 

Author's Note: 

Just a kick off to establish Chaekura's precious friendship and a snippet of Biyeon/KwongChaeng's feelings towards each other. Minju will most probably appear in the next chapter so do look forward to it!  

Appreciate all of the subs, votes and comments!

Till next time :)