Chapter 16 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lani


 

I was well seated amongst the other contestants, waiting for the result to be announced.

 

It was the final day and also our last day staying there. Many guests were invited and also people of high status.

 

I never really paid too much thought to it before, but knowing that the shows mean a lot to Baekhyun made me realize that it should also mean something to me.

 

At first, I wasn't scared, but as the time to call the result approached, I became so nervous and scared. I felt sweat running down my forehead, and the look in Jane's eyes was far from good, it only worsened the whole thing.

 

The girls beside me were not far from the state I was in. They were also tense and scared and it was very much understandable.

 

"Ladies, we've finally come to the beautiful moment we've all been waiting for," Kris said as he stood up.

 

"But first we must honor the last procedure of this show, and that is the great beautiful catwalk show done by you ladies last week," Kris said and looked at the lady in charge of the huge television screen, and she played the catwalk show from last week.

 

Seeing myself walking so majestically got me thinking if I was the one in that red beautiful gown.

 

He didn't stop there, but he went ahead to reveal the result from the cat work show, and to my greatest surprise, I was the one.

 

I couldn't contain my joy, so I covered my mouth with my hand, preventing myself from screaming out loud. Only when I thought I'd succeeded in calming my racing heart, my eyes and that of Baekhyun met, and he winked at me and gave me an air kiss.

 

At that moment I was completely lost. I couldn't take my eyes off my Baekhyun, and I ended up staring at him like a fool.

 

"Miss Park Lani, we are highly honored to announce and declare you the winner of this era's Asia Beauty Pageant. Congratulations?" Mr. Kris said with a smile and he handed the award over to me and hugged me.

 

"You're indeed a star Lani, you deserve this." He whispered into my ears and I smiled and bowed to him when we parted from the hug 

 

"Thank you so much, Mr. Kr, is, I'm so grateful," I said while smiling, but at that moment I felt so lightheaded. I didn't know what to do or say, but when Baekhyun stepped down from the stage and hugged me, I felt calm.

 

I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight, finally letting the tears in my eyes fall.

 

"Congratulations my love, you deserve it, and I'm so proud of you sweetheart." He kissed my head and I sobbed into his chest.

 

This same time last year I was hopeless, running around to get a job as a model. I never thought that it would be possible to ever be happy the way I am right now, talk more of becoming the new face of the Asia beauty pageant. 

 

Everything was just too real for me to believe at the moment. I pulled away from the hug and looked Baekhyun in the eyes.

 

"Pinch me Baekhyun," I muttered and he smiled and caressed my cheeks.

 

"No baby, I won't pinch you, but I will do this instead." He leaned closer to me and kissed me. He was fast, but he slowly poured his love and affection into the kiss, my lip gently while his hands caressed my waist.

After the blissful moment, he slowly pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

 

"Now do you believe that everything that's happening right now is real?" Baekhyun asked while smiling at me, and I slowly nodded my head.

 

"Yes honey, I do believe now." I barely made my words but he pulled me to his chest and he embraced me.

 

"You're a shining star, my love, I love you."

 

"I love you more Baekhyun, I love you," I said and rested my head against his chest. For the first time in my life, I felt like I could do everything because I have my Baekhyun by my side.

 

______


 

The send-off party was huge and a great success and the way Kris and Baekhyun took care of the girls that also contested for the Asia Beauty Pageant made me glad. 

 

I was receiving a lot of congratulatory messages on Twitter, Instagram, and other social media, and I just couldn't read them all.

 

I had to sit for a moment after so many handshakes and hugs, I did need to sit and relax, probably catch my breath for a while.

 

"My little star, you made it," Yixing said while smiling. He pulled out a chair beside me and sat down on it.

 

I was indeed speechless, all I did was look at him for a while, and I hugged him. Yixing to me is the reason why I've gotten this far in life. He never let me down and he didn't stop even when I was still a learner in the modeling agency.

 

He was always there to put me through and lead me on through the right part. He never for once yelled at me or made me feel less important, rather he always told me that I'm more than who I think I am.

 

If not for Yixing, I don't know if I would have been able to make it this far in the modeling agency not to even include this show.

He has always been my saving grace, my protector, and an elder brother I never had.

 

"Thank you Yixing, I don't know what I would have done, where I would have been without you. I am happy today because of what you are doing. Thank you so much." It was so difficult to hide my tears, and I just let it flow right out on his chest.

 

He softly caressed my hair and patted me on the back.

 

"You shouldn't give me all the credit Lani. You getting to this point was all because of your hard work and effort. You're more than who you think you are, and I'm so proud of you little sister." He said and pulled away from the hug and he looked me in the eyes.

 

"Little sister? So finally you've called me your sister right?" I asked and playfully hit him on the shoulder, but he smiled and caressed my hair.

 

"You're my baby sister Lani. My uncle Choi came here to see me, and when he saw you, he made everything clear to me about who you are." Yixing explained, but I just couldn't get what he was saying.

 

"I don't understand. Are you saying that you're my brother? My biological brother?"

 

"Yes my dear Lani, my little warrior princess, Yixing over here is your elder brother. You're mixed blood. Your dad was Chinese while your mom was Korean.

I never wanted to tell you about your parents or allow you to follow the same part of a model because that was what killed your parents. I kept it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter