Chapter 7 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lani

 

Baekhyun had a shocked expression when he stepped into the room. Probably because he saw the injury he inflicted on me.

 

"Oh my God, did I do this to you?" He asked in a shocked tone as he realized what he had done.

 

I decided not to say a word, but I observed him. He was still in his pajamas and he looked worried. Of course, he should, he caused my current predicament.

 

Although I planned on going easy on him because I was at fault for not telling him the whole plan beforehand, I also can't ignore the fact that he called me a , a cheap at that. I should keep my distance.

 

"Yes, it's your doing," I said calmly after watching him for a while. "But never mind, it's all in the past now. So why are you here?"

 

"Miss Park, I'm truly sorry about my actions, mostly questioning your character and calling you a ." He came closer to me but stopped halfway. 

 

"Please forgive me, I was wrong. I admit I was carried away with everything happening so suddenly. It felt like the ground was shaking, I could hold my balance and I failed to see your truth and effort. Please forgive me, I'm sorry."

 

"No Baekhyun, don't be sorry. You're right about one thing and that is the step I took this morning. I'm such a fool for not thinking before acting." I tried to sit up, but the pain was unbearable.

 

"But you're wrong, so wrong about one thing Baekhyun, and that's the statement you made regarding my character. I may be poor, and in desperate need to get into the modeling agency, but I'm not a , and I'm not cheap. All I did was for you, and nothing else." 

 

Baekhyun heaved a deep sigh which indicated that he was feeling guilty about his previous action.

 

"I'm sorry Miss Park, please forgive me." Baekhyun pleaded. He was about to come closer to me when his phone vibrated in his hand. He looked at the screen and gasped.

 

He quickly looked at me and pointed the phone to my face. "She's calling me, she has been calling me since I woke up. My best friend, Sehun said that she's on her way to Korea." He panicked, suddenly confused about what to do next. "What do I do?" He muttered.

 

"I would have suggested we go to your mansion so that it will appear so real, but I can't walk all thanks to you." I rolled my eyes, but Junmyeon walked into the room, looking worried and tense.

 

"Okay, I've heard enough of this suspense you two have been putting me through. First of all, I saw some disturbing news about you two, and then Lani came back broken and in tears, and now the media are all gathered in front of your apartment." Junmyeon hissed. He felt his blood pressure increasing and he hated being confused.

 

"Lani, what's going on? Please don't keep me in the dark." 

 

I felt bad seeing my friend in such a state. I looked at Baekhyun, and he nodded, permitting me to tell Junmyeom the truth.

 

"I'm sorry Junmyeon, but what you saw on television was nothing but a fake. Nothing is real. I'm so sorry for keeping you in the dark." I apologized and he sighed before sitting next to me.

 

"I knew it was fake because you're not that kind of person. But I'm worried about you now that the media is involved." He sighed and looked at Baekhyun and he chuckled.

 

"What's funny?" I asked, and he shook his head.

 

"I'm just imagining you applying make-up on my boss, he must have been so shocked when he woke up." Junmyeon laughed and so did Baekhyun.

 

Seeing them laughing with each other was a bit surprising. A few minutes ago Junmyeon was angry, and now he's laughing with Baekhyun. I guess I'm never going to understand the ways of men.

 

"So, now you know about what's going on, I need your help in getting me out of here, I can't be seen here," Baekhyun said and Junmyeon shook his head in disapproval.

 

"Well, that's right. But I'm sorry to inform you that there's no one outside. I only said that because I needed to know that truth." Junmyeon gave Baekhyun a thumbs up, leaving Baekhyun and me in shock.

 

Baekhyun chuckled softly, "I really thought you were so gentle, too gentle for a man, but now I'm happy to know that you're also smart my friend."

 

"Well, don't judge a book by its cover, you might not know who's good or bad, boss Byun."

 

"Oh please, enough with the formalities, I don't like it."

 

"I know you don't." Junmyeon smiled, "But may I say something?"

 

"Sure, go on."

 

"I was just thinking about everything, and all of Lani's hard effort to get back your ex," Junmyeon hesitated, "Is it worth it?"

 

"Yes my friend, it does. She was my first love, the only woman I've ever loved, and living without her is like shortening my life." Baekhyun smiled and continued, "She's worth it, she's worth everything."

 

"Alright, best of luck then." Junmyeon came closer to me and caressed my cheeks. "I'm going to the office now,  please don't stress yourself, okay?"

 

"Okay Myeon, please take care."

 

"I will." He smiled and left the room, leaving Baekhyun behind.

 

"You should be on your way now, your ex will be there soon," I said and Baekhyun sighed.

 

"But will you be alright? I mean your ankle is still swollen."

 

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine and besides this is my duty as per the agreement, so please get going, I don't want my plan and this pain I'm feeling right now to be for nothing."

 

"Alright. I will be on my way now." Baekhyun made an attempt to leave, but he halted and stared back at me. "I'm sorry for all that happened." He said before leaving my room.

 

Once he was gone, I heaved a sigh of relief. I couldn't walk properly due to pain, so I decided to stay put on the bed, but the ugly incident that happened back at Baekhyun's mansion was stuck in my mind.

 

However, I can't possibly stay mad at him forever, he made my dreams a reality. He made me the model I am today and he has also apologized, but I will have to keep my distance from now on. This is just a fake marriage contract, and it should stay that way.

 

I was still lost in my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing. I had to pull myself together when I saw that it was my director, Zhang Yixing calling.

 

"Hello director Yixing, good morning." I greeted calmly, but the next thing I heard was quite shocking.

 

"Lani, I'm coming over to your apartment right now." 

 

He was so fast on his words before I could say anything, he ended the call. Sighing deeply, I manage to pull myself out of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter