Chapter 6 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lani

 

I saw this coming. I knew this was going to be the exact reaction I was going to get from Baekhyun. Well, I couldn't blame him, this is only normal. He's human after all, and we barely know each other.

 

"Miss Park, what's the meaning of this?" He asked in an angry tone. "I need an explanation for this nonsense, so start speaking." His looks were deadly, the only thing saving me right now was that looks can't kill, else I'd be long dead.

 

"Look, I know you're angry, but please you have to hear me out." 

 

"I'm listening. Go on." 

 

"Sure." I inhaled deeply and gave Baekhyun the real video to watch. He was reluctant at first, but later on, he took it and slammed it to the floor.

 

"So? What's the meaning of this?!" He yelled, and I flinched at his loud tone.

 

"What I'm trying to say is that everything was just an act and it was well edited by me so that Jinhee will see this and get jealous and then she will run-"

 

"Shut the up Miss Park!" Baekhyun yelled, cutting me off my words. He was seriously mad that his eyes become bloodshot red.

 

"What the do you take me for? Do you think that I'm a fool?" He yelled and I flinched at his tone. 

 

"Of course not. Why would I think such of you?" I asked. I was scared, but I was still able to put myself together. "You're a nice man, so I would never think of doing such to you."

 

"No Miss Park, you're getting it all wrong when you say I'm a nice man. I'm dangerous and I can be so damn evil." Baekhyun said while walking closer to me.

 

"You did all this just to gain popularity. You did all this to become famous and to show Korea that you're dating me, Byun Baekhyun. The wealthiest man, right?" he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to himself.

 

"When I first saw you, I thought that you were a nice person, a decent lady, but now I know exactly who you are." He came closer to my face and our noses were almost touching.

 

"You're nothing but a lowlife cheap , and a desperate one at that. Now get the hell out of my house before I wash my floor with your filthy blood." He whispered the words to my ears as if I was some trash, or a virus before pushing me really hard as I fell on the floor and sprained my right ankle.

 

I didn't see this coming. No, I didn't. I never knew that my good deeds will cause me so much. He just called me a cheap because I was only trying to help him. 

 

Life isn't fair. Nothing is fair. I did all this just to make sure his ex comes back to him, I didn't even think about my pride or reputation. I'm such a fool.

 

I felt tears welling in my eyes, and for the first time in my life, I felt so low and disrespected. 

 

I staggered on my feet and made it to a standing position through so much difficulty and pain. 

 

I looked at Baekhyun who was busy pacing around his living room. Of course, I'm going to leave his house, but I must clear a few things before doing so.

 

"I admit that I was wrong. I also admit that I did things without thinking them through properly. I also admit that I'm a lowlife who's working so hard to make my dreams a reality. But," I shivered at the intensive pain, and more tears streamed down my eyes. 

 

"I'm not a and I'm not cheap. You may be wealthy and think that I'm a lowlife because I'm poor, but just to let you know, all I do with pride and my dignity is what I work hard to protect." I limped on the left foot and leaned against his couch to support myself from falling.

 

"I'm sorry for what happened, I was at fault." I took off the apron and dropped it on his couch, and with that, I limped my way out of his mansion.

 

I felt my heart hurting so terribly. I only wanted to help him, but in the end, I'm nothing but a fool.

 

I limped in pain till I made it to my apartment, luckily it wasn't that far from Baekhyun's mansion.

 

When I got home, I saw Junmyeon already in my apartment. He was angry, but the moment he saw me crying, he immediately hugged me. He was the elder brother I never had. He was always there for me in my most difficult times.

 

"Lani, why are you crying? Did Baekhyun hurt you? What happened?" Junmyeon asked, but I couldn't answer any of his questions. I was in so much pain, both physical and emotional pain at the moment.

 

"Please take me to my room, I want to rest, please."

 

"Okay." Junmyeon bent over and carried me to my room. He gently laid me on the bed and sat beside me.

 

"You're injured, I will get the first aid kit." He got up and retrieved the kit in my cupboard beside my bed, and he gently and carefully applied some ointment on my ankle.

 

"You should rest now, I will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter