Chapter 1 (Edited)

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [Chapter 1 Begins]

 

Baekhyun

 

The night is calm and so is the huge mansion. The living room's lights are switched off, only the light from the television is illuminating the darkroom.

 

I am sitting on the couch with a glass of wine in my hand, watching a beautiful lady interacting with some high profile men on the screen.

 

I simply sigh deeply as it became a big deal for my poor heart to handle. To avoid more pain, I got up and switched off the television before walking upstairs to my bedroom.

 

The room is dark, but I'm used to it as the light sometimes affects my eyes; mostly when I'm stressed or having a minor headache. 

I lay on my bed but couldn't get any sleep as my thoughts keep on wandering to the lady on the screen just a few minutes ago.

 

"Damn It!" I cursed under my breath, "why did you end it all Jinhee? I gave you all that you wanted, yet you left me just to be with that man. How did our beautiful relationship end up this way?" I ran my hands through my hair in frustration as I asked the same questions I've always asked myself over and over again for the past months. 

 

It always seems like a train on motion hits me hard whenever I recall everything that's happened between Jinhee and me.

 

We once had a good and healthy relationship. I was the only man she ever looked up to no matter what the situation was. 

 

We were so close that we shared the littlest things. I gave Jinhee everything she wanted and granted her the greatest desire to become an actress. The woman she is today is all my doing, yet I'm hurting so much.

 

Everything was going well, we were the perfect couple until Jinhee started behaving strangely. It was just a few weeks to our dream wedding and Jinhee's behavior towards me slowly became cold.

 

I tried talking to her to know what was bothering her, but each time I tried to ask she gets angry and irritated. It kept on occurring constantly until one evening she decided to put an end to it.

I don't love you anymore, Baekhyun. I'm now in love with my director.

And that was all. With that statement, she walked out of my mansion and my life.

 

I let out a heavy sigh as I stared at a blank space. I recalled the painful memories of how my love story with Jinhee; the lady I just watched on the screen a few minutes ago ended.

 

It's so painful and the wounds are still so fresh because it all happened three months ago, right here in my mansion. Three months ago was the day Jinhee ended our beautiful relationship.

 

"No." I muttered angrily, "we are not done Jinhee, not yet. I will get you back in my life, no matter what it takes me." It was the last word I muttered before closing my eyes to call it a night, despite knowing that sleep is quite far away from me tonight.

 

                           🕉🕉🕉

 

 

"I can't accept this. I had to travel from Korea to Tokyo in a hurry just to face this nonsense? This is humiliating." I questioned in a low tone, but that doesn't mean that I'm okay with what's happening. I was seriously mad, but still trying to keep my cool because of my reputation. After all, I'm so famous when it comes to the world of business and it will be very easy for anyone to recognize me and my assistant Sehun who also is my best friend.

 

"We're sorry, Sir, for the discomfort. Just that something quite important came up, and Mr. Lee had to cancel th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter