Perfect Match

Another Year...

Alistair's POV

(Two Weeks Later...)

"You want to explain to me, what happened?"

I sit in a frail wooden chair across from Professor Longbottom, within his office with my fingers clenched tightly beneath the edge of the seat. I'm gripping it so hard it's beginning to hurt but I know if I let go, my fist is bound to make contact with the other side of Benny Johnson's face. 

We sit next to each other, both brooding and breathing hard at the fact that we can't finish our fight like we want too; allowing Professor Longbottom to chew us out before we head back to class. 

"Neither of you have anything to say for yourselves?" He questions, allowing his gaze to stay on me a while and I reach up and check my jaw. It hurts to move a bit, and whenever I do I begin to taste a little blood, but it's worth it considering the opportunity to beat the living out of him. 

We're both sporting tattered uniforms and messy hair, and whereas I've got a bruised cheek he's got a black eye. 

"Fighting is not tolerated on school grounds," Professor Longbottom sighs. "You both know that...So what would make you-"

"Forgive me Professor, but there's really no point in reviewing our actions. We're not sorry, and I for one would gladly do it again" I admit feeling my anger continue to burn the longer I sit next to him. "So, with all due respect. You might as well just skip to the punishment, because our issues aren't going to be solved today."

"And what issue is that, Mr. Xiang?"

I roll my eyes and groan, feeling trapped within his office. "We don't need to talk about it."

"Obviously we do, if this problem is becoming physical," he states. 

"It's the only way to shut him up," I shrug carelessly, before turning to Benny glower in his face. "And if I ever hear you mention Gwen again-"

"Gwen?" Professor Longbottom hedges and I snort in his direction before relaxing in my seat. "Wait. Guinievere, Collins?"

"Yeah. Gwen Collins. And anyone else they've deemed worthy enough to mess with," I nod, becoming even more irritated. "I swear, you lot don't even care how it makes people feel. Do you know how many kids I've heard sobbing in a bathroom or empty classroom, or self-harming themselves trying to erase or change something you or the group has made fun of them for?"

"It's a ing joke," Benny complains. "Remember when you used to be able to take one?"

"Making someone feel about themselves, isn't funny" I snarl, getting angry again. "And it shouldn't take a punch in the face, to get you to act like a decent human being."

"I can't believe we were ever friends, we had to be absolutely mental to let you in our group," Benny mutters under his breath. "...For years, we all were just being polite. But Heidi was right...You're a waste. No wonder your parents couldn't give two s about you-"

"Enough, Mr. Johnson" Professor Longbottom snaps in his authoritative tone. "Although it pains me as head of your House, I'm taking fifty points from Gryffindor-"

"FIFTY!"

"For being a bullying , and misrepresenting the core traits associated most closely with our House.

"BUT PROFESSOR-"

"On my desk by Monday morning, I want an essay defining daring, nerve and chivalry and how it applies to the treatment of others."

"This is bullocks! I didn't even start the damned fight-"

"If it's not well thought out and sincere, I'll be forced to deduct more House Points."

"You can't do that, Professor! We're so close to catching Slytherin for the House Cup!"

"Then I expect one hell of an essay," he shrugs unaffected. "That's all Johnson," he dismisses and Benny get's exits muttering under his breath. "...Are you alright, Alistair?"

I nod still somewhat in a mood, but I feel better seeing as how I'm not entirely at fault for what happened. 

"Now, although I'm not going to take any points I can't condone fighting."

"Even if he earned it?"

"Regardless of whether or not you feel he deserved it, fighting is prohibitted on school grounds. Therefore, I'm giving you two nights of detention, the first beginning after dinner. De-fanging Geranium and collecting Tentacula leaves with Professor Hagrid, should be motivation enough to stay out of trouble."

I sigh and nod, deciding that it could be worse and accept the punishment. "Yes, Professor."

He nods letting me know I can go but before I do he calls out to me. "I don't mean to sound like every cliché you've probably heard," he begins. "But it does get better."

"Does, it?" I scoff and he nods. "You really believe that?"

"Absolutely," he encourages. "For every knob-head wanker in the world, there are at least three good friends who'll make up for it...I know what I'm talking about."

"Thanks again, Professor."

"Anytime."

I exit his office and begin walking down the hall in order to get to the Courtyard, and a set of hands shove me from behind. 

"You just cost Gryffindor fifty-points, Xiang! If I were you, I'd-" Benny threatens getting in my face and I push him away to get into it again, but his brother Terry intervenes. 

"He's not worth the points, mate" he comments stepping in bewteen both of us backing Benny even further away, before jeering towards me. "Not only did Al's new girl steal his popularity, but she must've taken his sense of humor too."

"Oh right. I suddenly can't take a joke because I won't let any of you sacks of make fun of my girlfriend," I answer sarcastically. "Do yourselves a favor and keep her name out of your mouths."

"You're overreacting, Xiang. It's a ing joke!" Benny complains. 

"Exactly, we're just having a bit of fun..poking around," Terry adds suggestively and I feel my face begin to change. "She is American afterall...and we all know how they like to party."

"Actually, he never did tell us" Benny sneers, catching on. "I mean, she never seemed like the  type, but after seeing her loosen up...she looks like she'd offer us a nice, little time."

"Shut your mouth, Johnson."

"C'mon Xiang...I know how much you hate to share, but you know it's going to happen eventually" Terry smiles arrogantly. "Besides...an old-fashioned pity- could be just what she needs to solidify her current position on top..." 

"Mhm..." Benny moans closing his eyes, before giving another low-grunt. "I'm imagining her now," he grins before biting his lip. "Slammed hard against me, and her used copy of Standard Book of Spells-"

I raise my fist preparing to knock him all the way into the Black Lake, when a gentle grip catches my arm bringing it back down towards my side. Sheva tugs me in the opposite direction, fighting against my stubborness until I eventually surrender. 

"I suggest you two bugger-off, if you want to keep your faces."

"How about I give you a place to put yours," Terry motions grabbing himself, and I lunge for them again. 

"Enjoy its functions while you can," she smirks. "According to my charts, it's due to fall off in an unrepairable splinching incident."

Fear widens his eyes and she gives a cheery laugh tugging me towards the right corridor to get to the courtyard, as Benny continues to laugh.

"It's not funny, mate" Terry whines glancing down at , before shoving his brother. "She's the best in Divinations, and I'm due to start Apparition classes next week!"

"Let's go..." Sheva orders, yanking my arm a little harder until I follow. "You alright?"

My face hardens walking with her down the hall, passing our fellow classmates attempting to ignore their blatant whispers and glances. I feel myself getting more irritated by their actions, and the unprovoked pranks I've had to endure rever since I started dating Gwen.

And it's not that I'm getting teased that bothers me so much, it's the reason. And I probably seem dense because I've been so blind at the amount of injustice in the world, as Gwen puts it. But I used to think she was just exaggerating about the extreme levels of intolerance within our generation, but I've quickly learned in the time we've spent together that this is just another thing she's right about. 

Not that I don't have experience with intolerance...it's just back home, it's different. And to me it makes sense logically. 

My father had an affair, and I'm the souvenier he couldn't return. And then the fact that I can do magic, also presents some obvious challenges. But then again, those are logical reasons for my family's behavior towards me. 

My relationship with Gwen, and why it bothers so many people utterly makes no sense. I've literally had to dodge every spell and magical prank you could think of.

And because I can't seem to change the minds of peers, I've sort of tried to take on the burdens of others. Any time I see someone getting teased or bullied, I jump in trying to save the day. I find myself interferring in conflicts that have nothing to do with me, especially when the odds aren't fair. And everyday I thank the dear Lord above for making me a metamorphmagus, because it's legit the only way to cover up all of the bruises and cuts I've gained the past few weeks. 

"They're twats. You know that, don't you?"

"That's not the point," I grumble. "Its bullocks people care this much."

"You're Alistair Xiang, of course they're going to care. The envy alone is driving them nuts," she chuckles looping an arm around mine, and we continue to make our way through the stares. "Between your popularity and her appearance at the Party, you're all anyone wants to talk about. It's just, she's handling it better."

"We shouldn't have to handle anything. We're doing nothing wrong," I conclude and she makes a face, expressing how badly she wishes she could offer some sort of comfort before brightening up. 

"At least there is a we," she offers and I scoff shaking my head. "And you and Gwen seem to be getting along."

I take a breath and nod thankful for the reminder. As soon as my thoughts are occupied by Gwen, a calmness spreads over me making me feel at peace. "...It's been epic," I half smile. "I feel so good when I'm with her, you know? It's just...right."

"Well, let's get you to her before someone else catches your right hook," she teases and we head towards the Clock-Tower Courtyard.

When we get there I notice her almost immediately, perched in one of the archways chatting happily with Morgan who's probably told her something funny. She laughs extremely hard clutching her sides and closing her eyes enjoying the joke, but when she opens them and our gazes finally meet her stretches into a grin showing me exactly how excited she is to see me. I swear my heart shakes in the middle of my chest like I've taken a direct hit from a stunning-spell...She's just that beautiful.

Her hair styled back into her usual faux-hawk pixie cut framing her face, emphasizing the natural elegance within her bone structure.

Sheva releases my arm with a small chuckle feeling how anxious I am to get to her, and my heart doesn't slow until I'm comfortably by her side.

"Hey," she beams allowing her dark eyes to illuminate, but then they soften in curiosity reading my face. And it takes her less than a minute to realize that something's off. 

Her eyes narrow suspiciously and I shake my head, scrunching my nose playfully towards her attempting to distract her. But she ignores me regardless, twisting before looking to Morgan and they exchange something mentally.

"If you tell her anything else-" I think as hard as possible, and Gwen sighs so hard her nostrils flare as Morgan tries to hide a smirk.

"Sorry, Al," he smiles with a slight shrug. "But, she's already worked it out."

"Not that it isn't something I wasn't already expecting," she adds knowingly.

"Even so," I grumble, sending him a glare. "He didn't have to confirm it."

"I'm sorry," she exhales jumping down from her spot. She crosses the small distance to get to me, taking my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. "I had hoped your popularity would have been enough to spare you."

"And what? Let you take the brunt of it?" I hedge and she winces before easing back into her smile. 

"I'm used to it," she laughs.

"That makes it even worse!" I argue almost getting loud.

"Fred-"

"No, Gwen. This is entirely uncalled for-What?"

She shrugs shaking her head, until I keep pestering her to tell me what she thinks. "I think you're giving too much power to those trying to get to you...And instead of empowering their negativity by wasting your energy trying to control or change the opinions of the ignorant, I think that you should try and focus on all of the good that's come out of this."

"Good? What, good?" I challenge bitterly. 

"You're kidding me, right? Look at all of the people you've helped. All of the underdogs you've adopted! The resurgence of comradery in a place that can make people feel so excluded..." she begins, her face changing to match the amount of pride and adoration within her voice. "Look," she pauses. "I hate that this is a part of our relationship. And I knew you'd struggle with being the odd-man out, because you've never had to be that before...But you were right when you said, anyone who has an opinion about us," she expels without sympathy. "And if this is ultimately too hard for you, we can call it-"

My hand covers suffocating the notion before she can even fully suggest it. She laughs against my hand and I scold her for almost breaking one of our most important rules. 

"I can't believe you were gonna mention D-Day."

"Well, you're stupidity was starting to leave me no other option," she teases. "Speaking of stupidity, how was Herbology?"

"Shut-up," I scoff ducking around to entrap her in a hold in order to kiss her cheek and she giggles, curling into me. 

"You two..." Sheva spazzes motioning to both Gwen and I. "It's just beautiful. I could just choke on the feels!"

Our group shares a laugh before we get lost in a series of conversations, enjoying the unusual Spring weather, choosing a free spot over by the center fountain. I sit and Gwen nestles in beside me, looping her arm around mine resting her head on my shoulder. 

Most of the upperclassmen have a free period during this time, so alot of us are either killing time in between cramming for the next class. 

The fact that O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts are coming up in a few weeks after Spring Vacation, has us stressing out. So we're trying to enjoy the downtime before things get really insane.

"OH!" Sheva gasps startling the three of us and we freeze in a panic waiting for her to deliver some type of bad-news. "I just got a brilliant idea! Let's all go to Hogsmeade this weekend."

"You almost give each of us a heart-attack, just to suggest a trip to Hogsmeade?" Morgan clarifies dryly, before sharing a look with Gwen and she attempts to hide a smile. 

"Yes," she sasses defending her suggestion, and Morgan scoffs before making a face dismissing her idea. "Besides, Gwen's never been. And it'd be good for her to go."

"I/She can't," we say together, and then we look at each oter midly impressed with the other before sharing a smile. 

"Really?" Sheva challenges, doubting our objections. "Why's that?"

"Hagrid/Quidditch," we answer differently, causing us both to look at each other again.

"Welp," Morgan adds comically, finding himself and our answers amusing. "This ought to be good."

"Why would say Quidditch?" Gwen questions with a puzzled look on her face and I scoff, because the answer should be extremely obvious. 

"Because I have a match," I answer easily, and she raises her eyebrows adorably clueless as to what that notion has to do with her. "...Hufflepuff .vs. Ravenclaw, remember?" I explain, and she winces before shrugging. "It's the semi-finals to see who goes to the championships," I expel already becoming anxious by her forgetfulness. 

"I thought that happened your last game?!" She shrieks, before laughing a little and she looks to Morgan who shakes his head with another smirk.

"...No," I reply, not finding this humorous at all. "You mean to tell me, that you were willing to miss what you thought was the last match of the season?"

She opens looking for a way around my question, and when she doesn't have one she winces extremely hard shrinking away from my side. "In my defense, Quidditch really isn't my thing."

Morgan slaps his forehead, and I being to mindlessly stutter trying to form a sentence. But it doesn't really matter because the biggest GIT of them all adds himself to our conversation.

"Not to worry, love" Davey Addison smiles cheesily. "You won't be missing a single thing. Especially with Fuffle-Puff on the pitch."

"Fuffle-puff?" I hedge cocking my head to the side.

"That's what I said. Your team's a joke," he taunts. "And to think you've made it so close to the Cup, just to embarass yourselves with defeat at the home-stretch is the greatest punchline I've yet to hear."

"A-yeah?" I scoff becoming upset, and then Gwen squeezes my hand reminding me of what he's doing. I nod feeling my temper ease a little, letting him have it. "You won't be saying that when we smear your faces into the dirt, after we make it to the championship."

"As if you could even catch me on that match-stick you call a broom. I thought your family was supposed to have money, what with your muggle-father's upcoming election," Davey sneers. "...Gwen" he sighs wistfully. "For someone who values ambition, you clearly didn't think too highly of yourself pairing off with Xiang," he jabs throwing me another pity-look. "Especially when there was an obvious choice of a finer calibre, more closely attributed with your own," he flirts leaning in a bit towards her. 

Gwen rolls her eyes unimpressed before releasing a short laugh. "I think your masculinity-complex has enough to deal with, without bringing me and all of the reasons as to why you and I will never-be-a-thing," she emphasizes. "Into it."

"Cute," he adds eyeing her up and down, and I sigh heavily even more irritated as soon as I see her signature swish of red out of the corner of my eye. 

"Babe," Heidi coos, cuddling up to him before acknowledging us. She gives us a cold stare, before attempting to appear sweet. "You were supposed to meet me five minutes ago."

"I'm sorry," he answers mindlessly, refusing to remove his wistful gaze from Gwen. "I was distracted," he smirks invitingly and Gwen motions as if she's about to puke in . I smile a little sending her hand a squeeze, and she curls up to me even closer. "Alistair and I were just talking about the upcoming match."

"What for?" Heidi chimes. "The odds of them beating us are non-existant. Everyone knows Hufflepuff has no chance of winning, especially with the team we've got this year."

"I tried to tell him that this year was all about Slytherin and Ravenclaw-"

"In more ways than one," Heidi practically moans before leaning in to snog him obnoxiously passionate, and the four of us watch them in disgust. 

"It's like a car crash," Gwen comments tilting her head to the side. "And I want to look away but I'm being forced to watch."

We all smile or laugh except for Davey and Heidi, who give us rehearsed expressions of annoyance. 

"It's getting a bit noisy out here," Heidi huffs. "I'm pretty sure the ugliest toad from the Frog Choir escaped to the Courtyard, and won't stop croaking off-key."

A solid beat goes by before Gwen cups her hands around as if to shout... "W-E-A-K!!!" It earns her a few laughs amongst our peers.

"Inn-it? Even my arms are tired from that reach," Sheva adds in earning a smile from Gwen.

"UGH!" Heidi shrieks taking Davey's hand and storming off. 

I shake my head watching them go, turning my attention back to Gwen. "All jokes aside, now do you see how serious this match is?"

"I never said it wasn't, it's just not my thing," she defends. "Racing around, thousands of feet in the air just fight over two sets of balls while dodging a third is not my idea of fun. And watching you be a part of it, sort of makes it worse. Like, what if something happened?!" She explains, allowing her fear to soak her voice.

I smile wide feeling butterflies flap uncontrollably in my stomach, hearing how afraid she is for my safety.

"Nothing's gonna happen! I'm brilliant at Quidditch!" I grin.

"When you can focus," Sheva snarks and I shoot her a look as Morgan, Gwen and Sheva laugh at my expense.

"Point is," I say preparing to lay on the guilt-trip. "This match is really important to me. And I know if you're there, I'm sure to do well."

"How? If anything I'm probably more of a distraction," Gwen argues with another beautiful smile. 

"But you're not," I say squeezing her hand again. "If anything you're my good luck charm. I always do better when you're around."

Morgan begins coughing and hacking like a cat puking, and I kick his leg hard with my own. Everyone except for me is laughing, and I pout a bit. 

"I'll make you a deal..."

"What?"

"If Hufflepuff faces off Slytherin in the final, not only will I go to your game but I'll be your biggest cheerleader," she smiles ruffling my hair knowing how much I like it, using it as a distraction.

"Wait, why can't you agree to go to both?" I argue manuvering myself out from under her. 

"Hagrid, remember?" She reminds and I sigh frustrated. "I have to help him prepare his lessons for Care of Magical Creatures."

"He could miss you for one Saturday," I grumble and she shakes her head. 

"My word is my bond, and it's too short of notice to cancel. Not that I want too," she explains before giving a threatening look to Morgan. He seals his lips shut and she nods satisfied. "If anything, use me as an incentive to win. Because I'm only going to go to a game if you're playing in it."

I sigh gravely accepting her challenge and she wriggles herself free from my side, in order to dig in her bag to pull out a newspaper article. I frown noticing that the pictures aren't moving, and take the paper away from her in order to read the massive headline. 

"Record-Breaking Recruits Eager to Join The-Movement," I read a bit low. "We seek to enlighten the world to the hidden...The path to salvation is exposure," I scowl looking over to her. "Please tell me you don't support-"

"Of course not," Gwen scoffs taking back her paper. "Uhh, hello? This Movement is going after magic in all forms. Last time I checked, I was a witch."

"I know but Eka Knowles is," I exhale heavily, attempting to find the nicest term to describe how much of a potential threat she is. "...Convincing."

"Convincing," Gwen repeats dryly and I nod. 

"Her ideas are borderline contagious," Morgan offers and she gives us both look. "I mean it. Just the other day I read that she's got a few Squibs joining her cause to bear witness to the fact that magic truly exists."

"All the more reason to study her and what she represents," Gwen explains, still not seeing the problem. "I find her low-key fascinating."

"In what, sense?" Sheva hedges, already painting a mental picture of Gwen joining a dark-society.

"Well, the amount of control and manipulation she has over her followers is...interesting," Gwen winces somewhat in awe. "No matter the amount of logic, she's convinced herself and her Movement to actively demonstrate blind-faith in a force or world they've been taught to believe is impossible."

We all stare at Gwen carefully watching her slowly come back to reality. She gives her head a good shake and ends up laughing at all of our reactions. 

"Would you stop? I'm not looking to join her cause. I know very well just how dangerously sensitive Eka Knowles and her Movement are," she smiles. "If anything I'm preparing myself for what I have to potentially face when I go back home."

"Hey," I shake her hand a little before bringing the back of it to my lips. "No mention of D-Day remember?"

She sighs nodding her head slowly freeing herself from my side. "I need to get to the library," she adds beginning to pack away her things. "If I don't finish this essay for Muggle Studies, I'm going to be behind my study schedule."

"Okay," I nod, smoothly reaching out to grab her face to kiss her and she scrunches her nose as I lean in. "What, now?" I ask stopping and she chuckles, before wrinkling her nose again.

"We're in the courtyard," she whines, "Do we really need the extra attention?"

"All the more reason to do it," I growl side-eying the on-lookers.

"Well, in that case," she smirks leaning in to kiss me. And it's perfectly sweet and too short for my liking, but I don't push it knowing how she isn't a huge fan of PDA. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," I sigh watching her go and she throws me smile that drops in the pit of my stomach. 

"Merlin's-Beard, you've got it bad" Morgan says with a laugh, and I groan covering my face.

"I know," I strain before smiling happily. "But...she's wonderful, isn't she? Like...I can't be the only one who sees how incredible she is."

"No, Xiang. You aren't," Davey's voice creeps in from the shadows. "You're just lucky she hasn't yet realized, she can do better."

"She's made it more than clear who she wants, Addison," I answer easily. "Besides, you're with Heidi."

"Doesn't mean I can't shop around."

"Oh-Wow!" Sheva cackles, leaning up while shaking her head in wonder. "How do you walk upright with your head so full of yourself?"

"I remember not so long ago, you were begging to be full of me too."

"Try the other way around," Sheva laughs even more. "You slipped me that love potion, remember? In fact if it wasn't for Alistair who knows what could've happened."

"See that's what makes you such a prat. You refuse to respect no as an answer," I say starting to become annoyed. "And if I catch you sniffing around Gwen or Sheva, you an' I are gonna have a serious problems, mate."

"I'd be more concerned with your upcoming match against Ravenclaw," he says in a eerie fashion causing my face to frown in confusion. "You can believe that," he winks before walking off. 

"Do you think he just slinks around waiting for the creepiest time to make an entrance, or-What?" I say watching Morgan's face harden. "What's he up too?"

"Nothing good, depending on how well you play Saturday."

"What do you mean?" Sheva frowns, and Morgan kisses his teeth. "What did you see?"

"He and Heidi are up to something. They were careful with their thoughts around me, but his arrogance practically divulged their whole plan to sabotàge the match."

"They won't get away with it. Not if we tell-" 

"And say what?" I quip, interrupting Sheva. "They haven't even done anything yet."

"Even so, there's enough evidence to at least make them look suspicious," she argues. "They both want the Quidditch Cup. They loathe you for similar reasons, and are looking for an opportunity to embarrass you. And playing Quidditch is the perfect chance!" She gasps like she's solved some great mystery. "Think about it! You could get seriously injured, and still have it look like an accident!"

"I'm not gonna get hurt," I smile. 

"I still don't think you should play," Sheva worries, before tugging on my arm. "Oh, Al. Say you won't."

"Are you mad! I can't not play. The whole team's counting on-" I pause as fear begins to weasle it's way in, and I shake my head even more determined. "...I have to play. And we have to win."

I look over to Morgan and he hesitant and somber towards my decision, but supportive. Sheva on the other hand is still begging me not to go through with it. 

"The team will understand if you explain what's really going on? Especially if your life is on the line."

"My life won't be on the line," I chuckle confidently. "If anything I'm counting on you two to have my back if something goes awry."

"I still say we should tell a Professor," Sheva huffs decidedly. "Or at least try and find out what exactly they're up too."

"Sheva," Morgan tries and Sheva becomes even more upset.

"No, Morgan! You know Davey and Heidi are a dangerous combination," she expels. "With his determination, and her lack of a concious who knows what could happen. And I don't want to see my friend get hurt."

I pull her in for a tight hug and she exhales hard against me, before reluctantly sharing in the embrace. "I'm gonna be fine...Okay? In fact, now that I know they're up to something I can keep my guard up. It'll help me focus."

I lean back to look at her face and she pouts defeatedly. She shakes her head and sighs, and I chuckle pulling her back in for another hug. "How are you laughing at a time like this?"

"Because there's finally an upside, to not having a girlfriend who's into Quidditch."

 

Gwen's POV

(Saturday Morning...)

"I can't honestly be expected to finish all of this," he complains before looking up at me with a beautiful grin. 

I wince knowing I've probably overdone it, because there's at least twelve small plate options spread out in front of him. I've literally taken up an eighth of the Hufflepuff table just to create this small buffet, and I stand behind him giving him a deep shoulder rub. 

"Well, I was reading-"

"Of course you were."

"And all of the articles I've read advised to eating a well balanced meal before a game. So, I asked the house-elves to prepare you the favorite foods of the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team," I recite a bit impressed with myself, beginning to rub out another knot. 

"Which explains only half of the spread," he teases.

"Well the other half, is what you normally like to eat because I wasn't sure about some of the Bulgarian dishes but from what I've tried, it was really tasty-"

His hands grab mine, bringing me around sit beside him on the bench and I exhale extremely tired, understanding that he's stopping me mid-rant. He stares at me patiently, before smiling at me even more warmly and I cover my face and groan and he laughs coming closer. 

"I'm so nervous!"

"Why?"

"Because this is...really important for you," I sigh. "And I want you to know how badly I'm rooting for you, even if I'm not there."

"Believe me, I get it" he chuckles picking up a piece of toast and taking a bite before offering me a nibble. "And it's okay that you aren't coming to to the match...Actually, I'm sort of glad."

"You...are?" I say sounding almost hurt, and he picks up on it immediately. 

"Not that I don't want you there, it's just that I'm cool wiv'it," he responds reassuringly. "I mean...It's really nice that we're in to different stuff. And we don't have to be together all of the time in order for us to be together," he explains and I nod. "...It wasn't fair for me to pressure you to come, it's just that with my past girlfriends it was a given that I took for granted. They liked the attention and bragging rights that came with walking me down to the pitch, and I guess part of me liked it too."

I automatically start wincing imagining the weight of having a super-jock boyfriend. Flaunting our relationship in front of everyone, intentionally trying to make other people jealous as if our status while at school actually means anything real. 

"This is just new for me. Learning how to be independent. I've never had to do it before..At least, not here," he smiles eating off another hunk of toast. "Someone's always been there to be my crutch."

"But you can totally still use me as your crutch," I quip sounding needy and unlike myself, and we both share a small laugh. "Like...I'm not planning on going anywhere."

"Yeah, but that's why being with you is a good thing," he says reaching up to my cheek. "You don't let me depend on you for every little thing. You force me to grow up."

I twist my mouth a little. "...That's it, I'm not going."

He shakes his head laughing letting me go to really eat. He ends up motioning over his team-mates to share in the meal and they end up surrounding him. I give up my seat seeing how it's getting crowded and he captures the back of my school sweater, making it impossible for me to leave. He stands up before linking his long arm around my waist, tugging me back to him and he ends up giving me his seat. I purse my lips giving him a look and he winks reaching over one of his team-mates to get a sausage link. 

"Oi! Oi! Oi!" Prisha Singh, Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team calls and the entire mood changes, draining itself of all humor. 

I glance around a bit hesitant to move, because you can tell that every player is practically militant in their focus. 

"It's a beautiful morning to be a badger," she begins. "To claim what is ours. To fight for our House. To revel in victory...A day we have waited for, for generations...What day is today?"

"Our-Day," They chant. 

"WHAT DAY IS TODAY?!" She says a bit louder within the Great Hall.

"OUR. DAY!"

"WHAT! DAY! IS! TODAY!!!!!!!" She roars unashamed.

"OUR!!!!! DAYYYYYY!!!!!" They answer and I make a face slightly impressed by their bravado. Maybe they really do have a chance. 

Even Alistair seems more serious, his eyes are closed and he's nodding as Prisha continues to pump up the team before leading them out. I stand up and stare at him as he brings himself out of his trance. I've never seen him this intense, and I have to say that I am more than fond of the dark glint behind his eyes. The harden tension within his jaw, transforming his boyish-charms into a handsomely brooding-man.

His head tilts slightly questioning why I'm staring at him the way that I am. "...Am, I getting to you?"

"What?" I scoff like he isn't, before adding in a shrug. "Hmm."

"...I'm getting to you," he says entirely pleased with himself. 

"Just.." I begin before becoming flustered "Go win, your game."

"Yeah, and then maybe later we could, play one too," he flirts keeping his intensity, and my head drops as my eyes close immediately and he laughs unkindly. "HOLY-! I'm getting to you!" He grins breaking his focus.

"GOOD-BYE, FRED!" I exaggerate starting to pick off of his plate, and he kisses the top of my head before jogging out of the Hall. 

He gives me one of those time-slowing perfect smiles that cause my heart to flutter, and then he disappears out of sight. 

I finish breakfast, grab my bag and head down to Hagrid's Hut. He's outside spraying fertilizer on the seedlings of his pumpkin patch. Fang barks happily, announcing my arrival and I jog a bit faster in order to meet them.

"Yer' made it," Hagrid smiles. "I figur'd yer to be at the match, with yer boyfrien' playin' an' all."

"I agreed to help you before I started dating Al. And if I'm being completely honest, I'd rather spend my morning with the herd than gripping my heart constantly in fear watching him play," I explain casually leaning up against the fence post. "...Any new changes?"

Hagrid raises his eyebrows trying to fight off a smile before squirting the last of the fertilizer. "An egg."

"An...EGG!" I shriek and Hagrid laughs heartily over my excitement. "An egg, Hagrid! Really! Who's is it?How many hours ago? You know it only takes no more than twenty-four hours for it to hatch!" I bubble practically hopping up and down. "What are we still doing here?! We've got to get over there in order to observe-THIS IS-UGH!!" 

Hagrid chuckles once again before instructing me to carry the ferretts. I go over to the post and lift them off grabbing the clusters by the twine and draping them around my neck like a scarf. I scrunch my nose trying not to think about the dead animals hanging off of me, and chalk it up to a part of the experience that is ultimately worth it. Hagrid, Fang and I walk down into the Forbidden Forrest in order to reach the Herd and there they are just majestic and proud as ever strutting about the enclosed area. 

There are twenty Hippogriffs within the pasture, exhibiting the different colors within their spectrum. Glorious, powerful bodies covered in vibrant feathers that lead down to two different sets of feet. The strong hind-hooves and body of a horse, combined with the precision of eagles tallons and large head. They're truly magnificent. 

The herd is mostly older with six males and fourteen females, and they begin circling and cawing at the ferrets hanging off of me before lining up in a straight line a few yards away from me. I wait a moment, connecting with each of them before bowing extremely low and I don't move until Hagrid assures me I've gotten the okay from the herd. We straighten from our collective bow and I begin untying the ferrets so that they can eat. I toss them in different directions and the six or so beasts that are interested eat them quickly before galloping off playfully. 

"It's Hale-Feather, isn't it?" I ask with a knowing smile, noticing that 'my-bird' is missing. I call her mine because not only was she the first of the herd to warm-up to me, she won't tolerate anyone else. Even Hagrid has had difficulties with her, and she won't even allow him to touch her.

"Mhm-hmm" Hagrid says low. "Should'a known somethin' wasn' differen' when she let me nurse her back to health...But I never expected her to lay an egg...not with her ruddy temper. She half near killed three of the males in the group during the attraction ritual."

"Who's the father?" I almost laugh.

"Blitzwing," he adds wrinkling his face and I glance over to the chestnut colored male who's carrying two dead ferrets between his sharp beak. "I would've thought she'd have went for Keen-Hook," he adds motioning towards an impressive silvery grey male. "But I guess not."

I stare at their behavior, watching Keen-Hook strut around the pasture past a small cluster of females and they begin clucking and cooing like a bunch of hens. I shake my head noting the similar parallels within my own life, and smile watching Blitzwing lovingly trot over to an oversized nest in a shaded area. His dark cherry-wood coloring contrasting with her polished-bronze. Hale-Feather sits protectively on top even snipping her beak at Blitzwing for coming too close, before guzzling down one of the ferrets. 

"Now Gwen," Hagrid gruffs already seeing how anxious I am to go over to her. "Hippogriffs are especially territorial-"

"I'll be careful Hagrid. I only want to look," I plead, bobbing up and down from excitement. "I've spent enough time with her to know when to back off. And you've taught me to listen and respect the boundaries and limits of the creature."

"I, did?"

"Yes...I promise not to get closer than what she allows."

He sighs heavily, reluctantly watching me walk over to her nest and she flutters her feathers warningly at my approach. I keep direct eye-contact with her before extending my body so low to the ground, my muscles clench from the strain. I wait and wait, hearing a few squawks and a sharp snap and I back away slowly keeping my bow. 

I hear the rustle from the twigs and straw within her nest, along with the subtle crunch of earth from her hoofs and I feel her head brush against mine and I chuckle. "You enjoyed making me wait." She nips at me gently and I smile straightening up, reaching out to touch her. Her head falls into my hand allowing me to her. "I swear, it's like you know my visit today is all about you."

She snorts removing herself from my touch, almost as if to say "When is it not?"

I smile again as she circles around me before nudging me over to look at her nest, and Blitzwing stands off to the side just as proud. I give him a low bow and he returns it much faster, and I sit at the base of the nest. The egg is large and glorious, golden brown and freckled with dark spots in a sporadic pattern. 

"It's beautiful..." I smile in wonder before looking at Hale-Feather and she shifts approvingly before ascending to her place back on the nest. 

In the distance we can hear the match begin and the roar from the crowd, and my heart twinges thinking of Alistair. I can' help but feel that something is...off. 

"Yer' alright, Guinevere?" Hagrid asks and I nod taking out my sketchpad and sit beginning to draw. 

The minutes tick on with the cheers from the crowd, and with every collective cry or groan I'm staring panic-stricken off in the distance towards the direction of the pitch. With each of my pencil, my family of Hippogriffs is starting to resemble three large hoops and I shut my book frustrated. "I'm so sorry Hagrid, but I can't stay."

"Stay?"

"I thought I could ignore the match, but I can't. Not with Alistair playing, and I need to go to make sure he's alright."

He blinks at me a bit confused before shrugging. "Then go," he says clearly and my eyes spread in shock. 

"You-You don't mind?" I question. "I mean, you'll still let me help you with-"

"O'course I'll leh' ya help. Yer' tha' bes' magizoologis'-in-training if i ever saw one," he beams at me with one of those legendary eye crinkling smiles. "In fact, just make yer way back down after tha' match. I'm sure the egg would'a done hatched by then anyhow. Yer can bring down Alistair, if ya l'yke."

I smile even bigger rushing to get up from my spot and jam my notebook and pen into my bag. "Thank you Hagrid!" 

I walk quickly and carefully out of the pasture before bounding out of sight along the edge of the forrest. I race past Hagrid's Hut and follow the stone path bordering the castle, taking me faster and faster towards the pitch.

"AND ANOTHER BRILLIANT STEAL FROM AARON YITKIN OF RAVENCLAW!!!"

The commentary from the announcer powers my steps to move even faster, and when I finally reach the Slytherin seating sections it's decked out from head to toe in blue and bronze. I feel a bit out of place seeing the overwhelming support from our house for another, but shrug it off beginning to head up the stairs of the box. 

"LINDA MCNAIR HAS THE QUAFFLE! SHE'S BOUNDING FOR THE HOOP! SHE WINDS UP AND-OH! AND REGINA TAYLOR FROM HUFFLE-OH! ANOTHER BRILLIANT PLAY FROM HEIDI BROWNSTIEN OF RAVENCLAW AND SHE'S CHARGING FOR THE CENTER HOOP AT FULL SPEED!" The announcer booms, as I'm still climbing my way to the very top. "SHE GOES RIGHT THAN DOUBLE LOOPS BEFORE TOSSING THE BALL THROUGH THE-AWWW!!!" The announcer cheers excitedly. "WHAT AN A-MAZING SAVE BY THE HUFFLEPUFF KEEPER, AL XIANG!!!"

I clutch my heart and heave unsure if it's due to the climb or the news about Alistair. We're so high up, and everything is constantly moving past and over us, I can't help but feel like I am a part of the game. The players zoom and swirl directly in front of us, and we're so high I feel as if I lean too far I'm going to fall. 

I close my eyes and shake my head refusing to get vertigo at a time like this, and I don't open them again until I hear my name. 

"Oi! Gwen!" Morgan calls and I look over to him grateful to see someone familiar. He motions me over and I begin inching my way across the other students in order to get into the middle of the section. "Glad you changed your mind," he smiles scooting over to make more room for me. 

"I wish I could return the sentiment," I gripe clutching my stomach suddenly feeling sick. "...How are we doing?"

"Well Ravenclaw is playing brilliantly as expected, however we can't get a shot in" he laughs almost jovial. "Hufflepuff is literally killing us. And Alistair," he gestures pointing over to the floating figure hovering above the center hoop. "He could turn pro from this match alone."

"He's really doing that well?" I ask worriedly, staring at him beginning to circle his post. 

"Yeah," Morgan nods. "Like, I'm torn because I want us to win but this is literally the best he's ever played. I've never seen him this focused."

I cover my mouth unsure of whether I want to scream in support or fear as I continue to watch him. I mean, I want to let him know that I'm here. Like a simple amplifying-charm just to-

"I wouldn't if I were you," Morgan warns and I grimace. "He's got to stay focused. Besides you don't wanna be that girl."

I nod knowing that he's right, and take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves as a bludger flies past us and I sway in my seat clutching my heart. He chuckles beside me and I lean on him covering my face preferring to hear the game. 

"Well, an hour and a half in, and neither Ravenclaw nor Hufflepuff Seeker seem to have spotted the snitch to end the match. But that doesn't mean this hasn't been a match for the ages," the announcer explains sounding impressed. "Ravenclaw Chasers Aaron Yitkin and Heidi Brownstein seem to be dominating that quaffle, but with Al Xiang as Keeper they've been entirely unsuccessful in gaining any points. Leaving the score Hufflepuff fifty, Ravenclaw zero."

My head pops up from Morgan's shoulder, and I scrunch my face in shock. "Fifty?"

Morgan nods with another easy smile. "You really should try and watch."

I wince turning away from him to face the game and I sigh focusing on the sky. Prisha soars upwards disappearing out of sight causing the Ravenclaw Seeker to follow, as Patrick one of the Hufflepuff Beaters bats a home-run of a bludger completely away from Regina who loops and dives with the quaffle in hand. She sails through the air aiming for the right hoop before faking out the Ravenclaw keeper and completing a hook-toss so that the ball swirls into the left hoop.

"ANOTHER TEN POINTS TO HUFFLEPUFF!!!" The announcer booms as the opposite seating section containing Gryffindor and Hufflepuff errupt into cheers. "That brings the score sixty to zero."

A swarm of groans and boos emit from our section and I make myself small within my peers, all the while feeling my stomach churn with pride. I purse my lips to keep from smiling and I glance around my box. Davey Addison broods within his part of the section, surrounded by his usual swarm of adoring fans. He notices me staring before giving me a signature bad-boy smirk and nod, and I roll my eyes focusing on Alistair. For the most part his position stays out of the game unless someone is trying to score, but even then it's just a few seconds before he's able to shift the game's focus onto someone or something else. If anything, the most dangerous part of the game seems to be the bludgers that are constantly whizzing around the stadium. 

With a fierce scream resembling the cry from a hawk preparing to dive for the kill, Heidi flies for that quaffle currently falling through the air. She catches it gracefully before swirling upwards aiming for the Hufflepuff hoops. She stands on her broom, literally surfing through the clouds like some Valkyrie and she aims for the right hoop. Alistair waits for the last possible second before diving in front it in order to make the save. His cheering section bursts with praise, as I sink lower within the collective disgruntled groans and calls regarding the game. 

"SWITCH UP YOUR PLAYS AND GO FOR THE KILL!!!" Davey shouts standing up and waving to the sky. "Ugh, do I have to do everything myself?!"

I purse my lips tightly trying to keep the growing urge to bounce up and down cheering on my insanely talented boyfriend, to a minimum. But I highly doubt that it's working, especially after Morgan scoffs whileshaking his head and we return our attention to the game. 

"And it seems as if they've spotted the snitch!" The announcer booms as Prisha and the Ravenclaw seeker race to capture the tiny golden speck. 

They knock into each other repeatedly before Prisha narrowly misses the snitch, causing her to disrupt her balance and she swirls out of sight. The snitch disappears, just as Jerry Jenkins whizzes through the middle of the field aiming for Heidi. He fakes her out, colliding into her but she refuses to lose possession of the ball as they both bound for Alistair. She shakes off Jerry's defense before throwing the ball through the air with a fierce scream of rage, but it's of no use. Alistair swoops down and perfectly blocks the shot earning another round of cheers from the Hufflepuff/Gryffindor section. 

Our section however, loses it's . Davey leaps onto his feet beginning to shoo away his small harrem, and while most of them leave a few of them stay attempting to cater to his needs. 

"I don't want a refreshing pumpkin-juice," he says very meanly, mocking the beautiful girl trying to make things better. "What I want is for you to get the bloody-hell away from me!!" He bellows and both Morgan and I wince with a few other students sitting around us. 

The match continues a bit longer with nothing exciting truly happening until a series of dark, thick, thunder-clouds begin rolling in. "They don't call it on account of rain?" I ask and Morgan shakes his head. 

"No...they don't," he answers a bit differently. 

I stare at him a bit longer before focusing on the match. I watch Alistair for the most of it, uninterested in the rest. They could be fighting over a dragon-egg for all I care, as long as his happy figure is bobbing safely up and down amongst those oversized hoops. 

One of the Ravenclaw Beaters aim a bludger directly for Alistair, but he veers off perfectly before circling the middle hoop. The bludger swings wide before aiming for him once again, and he dodges it again. 

I immediately start frowning noticing the flight pattern, noting at the fact that it isn't random. It swings like a pendulum trying to center itself...

"The Bludger."

"The what?"

"AL!!!" I scream, standing to my feet and waving my arms like a mad-woman. "The bludger!!!! It's the bludger!!!!!!!!"

Against all odds or possibilities, I swear he can see and hear me. But it only takes a moment for it to click, and he's swerving his broom out of it's path just in time to avoid another direct hit. 

"What's going-"

"That bludger! It's aiming for Alistair!!"

"You mean it's gone rogue?"

"If by rogue, you mean targetting Al then yes!" I say watching Alistair continue to be violently singled out by the out-of-control nature of the ball. "We have to stop the game."

"We can't stop the match! Haven't you been listening?" Morgan scolds watching Alistair dip and dodge trying to avoid getting hit. "The match won't end until someone catches the snitch!"

"Who cares about some stupid match?! He could get really hurt!" I glare watching his figure swerve in and out. 

Heidi bobs in front of our section, charging for Regina who's aiming for the right Ravenclaw hoop. She sends a swift kick to her broomstick tipping her off so that she collides into the post, and we watch in horror as her body slumps all the way down to the ground motionless. Heidi scoops up the quaffle and zooms for Alistair, who's still trying his best to shake off the bludger but with no way to concentrate on both, Heidi scores earning her house ten points. 

Our section bursts with shouts of cheer and support as the game becomes even more intense. "So...no one, not even you is going to do anything about stopping the game?"

"What can we do, Gwen?" Morgan argues. "He's at least a thousand feet in the air, and stopping that bludger isn't an option. What if you accidentally hit him with a spell, instead?"

"UGH! There's got to be something!" I say looking back to Alistair. He's circling irratically trying to out-manuver beyond the reach of it's swing, but as it narrowly misses him my analogy solidifies the problem. "...It is a pendulum."

"What?"

"The bludger, it's moving like a pendulum," I say fearfully, knowing that I'm right. "With Alistair as it's center of gravity."

And sure enough as soon as Alistair changes his position, the bludger swings higher and with more force before attempting to collide within his direct line. 

"ANOTHER TEN POINTS FOR RAVENCLAW!!"

"We can't just sit here and-"

"The score now stands, Hufflepuff-60. Ravenclaw-20."

"I'm all for a plan, but I'm still waiting for you to say something reasonably intelligent," he answers before I shake my head and begin cutting through the rows of students in order to get to the front of the box.

"PATRICK!!! PATRICK!!!" I call waving my arms and he stares at me confused stare, before shaking his head and returning his focus to the game. "UGH! Are you kidding me?!"

"You can't just interrupt the players in the middle of a match! Have you gone mad?!"

"They need to stop the game!" I snarl, trying to wave down another player. "Call for a time-out!" I roar into the sky but it get's lost in another cheer as Heidi scores another goal. I whip out my mother's wand preparing to cast The-Red-Sparks-Charm signaling that something is wrong, but as soon as I think the spell the wand grows hot in my hand before Morgan knocks my hand down. 

"Look! I know your American-Bravado is probably encouraging you to make an even bigger fool of yourself, however I am begging you to let Alistair handle this," Morgan says gripping my arm a bit tighter. "..I told him the risk, and he still made the choice to play. So instead of thinking you know what's best for him, and overstepping his wishes as usual. Do us all a favor and shut-up and watch the game."

"And if he get's himself killed in the process, I'm supposed to what? Just let it happen?!"

"Believe in him, for a change" Morgan shuts his eyes tightly, before sighing and letting me go. "Stop hovering, and let him prove to you just how capable he is...He's a lot stronger than you give him credit for."

I frown hard, questioning our entire relationship unable to say anything else. 

I feel my mind already starting to swim in the dozens of thoughts that spawn new ideas, no doubt beginning to over-analyze my entire history with Alistair. 

"I swear, even mentally you're exhausting" he says rubbing his temples. "You are literally the only person who's thoughts I actively try to shut out."

I make a face at him, crossing my arms in front of my chest and returning my attention to the game. If Hufflepuff could just find that ing snitch, the game would be over. "Come on, Prisha..." I chant searching the sky for her figure. 

I don't see anything useful, and I just find myself becoming more and more frustrated at the lack of honor within the game. I swear Madame Hooch makes no calls and is utterly silent as Ravenclaw continues to take advantage of Alistair's bludger. The game drives on, and I cover my eyes for most of it feeling every shrill victory-cry from our section practically go through me. 

"The score now stands, Ravenclaw-80. Hufflepuff-60...And...This is unexpected..." The announcer calls, and my fingers clutch my face even tighter. "Captain Singh of Hufflepuff has called for a time-out."

My heart sinks back into my chest from my throat, and I take a few deep breaths nodding to myself to keep calm. After a few seconds, Morgan nudges me hard and I swat him in his arm just as irritated. "If me silently obsessing over the safety of your best friend is bothering you, then maybe you should learn to stay out of my ing head-Al!"

"Hi-yah," he smiles panting and sweaty, hovering his broom to stop directly in front of the box. "Enjoying the match?" He jokes continuing to recieve dirty looks and jeers, and I shake my head rapidly knowing we don't have much time. 

"It's a pendulum. That bludger is treating your location as it's center of gravity, that's why it's swing-pattern seems unpredictable. Every time you move it has to re-calibrate, all the while somehow still aiming for you-"

"Which explains why you were waving the team down," He chuckles a bit and I roll my eyes getting even more upset, because as usual it seems as though he's not taking the situation seriously. 

"Well, I figured you'd want to know" I sass and he nods coolly, glancing back at the pitch.

"Was that it?" He sighs seemingly unaffected.

"Considering how there's a time constraint, I'll be sastisfied with being able to tell you about the bludger," I expel nervously and he smiles even bigger looking back to me. We exchange a beat of silence, before I'm able to fill it with something encouraging."...You're doing wonderfully."

"..Really?" He scoffs, and I nod even more adamantly hearing the twinge of doubt in his tone. 

"So wonderfully, that the other team had to cheat," I snide glancing at a few faces in my section. "You're incredible."

"Well..thanks," he says sounding stereotypically British in his playful sarcasm. "But do me a favor, and relax...just a bit. And when I say a bit...I mean  a lot," he smiles. "Like, I want to talk about it more in depth later but...you cannot interfere with Quidditch. It's too dangerous."

"But-"

"I mean, it. Something serious could happen if the players get dristracted-"

"But-"

"And you can't coach us from the sidelines," he warns. "Thanks for the tip, but next time you have to promise to stay out of it...Alright?"

I scowl, feeling Morgan silently gloating beside me and I kiss my teeth. 

"Gwen," he hedges and I clench my jaw tight in protest. "...For me?" He prods, getting me to open up. 

"UGH! FINE! YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO GO AHEAD AND DIE WITH A TREE UP YOUR , DEFENDING SOME STUPID HOOP!" I groan feeling my eyes water from worry, and I sit back down with my arms folded. He shakes his head veering off to head back into the game, but I call after him frightfully and he stops. "Please be careful."

"...I love you, too."

"REALLY?! OUT OF ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD POSSIBLY SAY? YOU LEAVE ME WITH THAT?!" I half wail feeling the tears spill from my eyes, and he chuckles flying off towards his post.  

I sniffle hard wiping my face determined to see it through. During the time-out, the bludger resumes it's task of thwarting Alistair but thanks to my tip he's able to use it to his advantage. 

"I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before in my life!" The announcer shouts. "Alistair is somehow using one of the bludgers to act as another Keeper, so to speak."  

I'm smiling ear to ear watching the bludger guard all three hoops with Alistair's help. He sails through the air in a circle, causing the bludger's orbit to become vertical instead of lateral. And every toss or throw Ravenclaw releases in hopes of scoring, is futile. Whatever shot Alistair misses, the bludger blocks and vice-versa.

"CAN-CAN HE DO THAT?!" Davey bellows towards Madame Hooch who whizzes by. 

"HE! JUST! DID!" I say Black-Girl-Clapping in order to emphasize what's already occurring. "SE DÉCHIRER LA TÊTE!!!!" I shout punching the air, startling a few on-lookers.

The game finally feels fair again, giving me enough courage to watch. I shout just as ridiculously as the other kids in my box, however my complaints are all in favor of Hufflepuff. 

"COME ON, HOOCH!!!!" I groan. "That should've been a foul and you-ARE YOU BLIND!!! DO US ALL A FAVOR, AND USE THOSE YELLOW-FEVER-EYES, AND MAKE A ING CALL!!!!"

"It's just one extreme to another with you, isn't it?" Morgan smiles shaking his head and I sink a little lower in my seat. His words keep bouncing around in my head regarding my treatment towards Alistair. "...You see this is why I initially hadn't planned to be so honest with you. I knew you'd overthink it."

"Of course I'd overthink it," I snip. "You've seen enough of my thoughts to know I over analyze. Everything."

"Fair," he adds. "But I didn't say it to hurt your feelings...It's just I know he'd never admit to you certain things. And I'm not saying that to challenge your relationship, it's just...I know him better."

I twist my mouth thinking over what he's said, until I'm distracted by the announcer's excitement. "...AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THAT'S THE GAME! RAVENCLAW SEEKER TILDA YANG HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! Leaving the final score 230-60, allowing Ravenclaw to advance to the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup."

I release a scream of pure frustration, standing up and pushing my way through the sea of blue and green in order to make it to the stairs. Most of the students in the box have already begun trash-talking the rival Houses, and I glare and hiss in anger towards practically everyone I pass. 

"This is so unfair!" I brood, waiting with Morgan outside the Quidditch Changing Rooms on the Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch. "I can't believe they're going to even count this game! It was totally rigged!" I rant, pacing up and down the path arguing with myself. "And then to have it be over, just like that!"

"That's Quidditch," Morgan sighs unsympathetic. 

"It's bull! I mean, it's not even honest!" I scowl crossing my arms and shaking my head. "Did you see how many fouls that old battle-axe missed! Hooch barely even said a thing-"

"Which is a lesson I'm told, you could benefit from learning Ms. Collins," her voice creeps in before she emerges from the shadows. 

"Ma-dame Hooch," I swallow and her hawk-eyes narrow into slits as she peers me up and down. 

"Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, my Yellow-Fever-Eyes have been judging Quidditch since before you were a thought. So, before you start telling me how to call a match," she leers. "I suggest, you don't...Are we clear?"

I jut out my mouth, clenching my lips tightly trying to surpress the urge to back talk. She leans down even further to get in my face, attempting to intimidate me. 

"I said...Are we clear, Ms. Collins?" She questions again, and my mouth pouts out even more. And then she does the unthinkable, by stealing a kiss and I shriek backing away from her and she laughs playfully, morphing her appearance into Alistair and he shrugs out of her signature black dress robes.. "Gotcha!"

"Alistair!" I say hitting him and he chuckles tossing the robes towards Morgan, before trapping me in a hug. 

"Sorry, but I had to get you back for your comment," he says bringing me closer. "I almost fell off my broom as soon as you shouted 'Yellow-Fever'," he smiles. "I swear you have no sympathy for my need to focus. I mean, do you always have to be spot-on-hilarious?"

I don't say anything, taking the opportunity to wrap my arms around him and I squeeze him tightly to me. His hands reach up and my hair, before curling me into one of those perfect hugs to make me feel small. 

"I'm alright, I promise..." he says patting my head, and I squeeze my arms around his torso just to emphasize the fact. "Not to mention, the season is officially over."

"Thank. God," I giggle, feeling myself tear up again. "I hated every second of it."

"I don't know. I thought I saw you get into it a few times."

"You were supposed to keep your attention on the game."

"I'm allowed to multi-task," he shrugs casually. "Besides, I could've sworn from the shouting and coaching-tips that you were starting to enjoy the match." 

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Must've been somebody else," I tease, leaning away to see his face and he smiles even bigger cupping my face with his hands and running his thumbs over my cheeks. "However, if you wanted to take me to another match..."

"Uh-huh."

"And sit next to me the entire time," I emphasize making my demands clear. "I might be persuaded to go again."

"That's if she's not banned first," Morgan jibes and I shoot him a look. He smirks coming over to congratulate his friend. "You were brilliant, Al. You really were. Just...phenominal."

"Thanks," Alistair nods still disappointed. "And congratulations to your House. You guys-"

"Cheated," I grumble and Morgan gives me another look, and without him even having to say anything else I understand that he's using my interruption as another example of how I overstep Alistair. I roll my eyes surrendering, and sigh before apologizing and encouraging Alistair to finish his thought. 

"I was just going to say that regardless of that bludger, Ravenclaw gave us a great match. I hope you guys crush Slytherin."

I bite my lips hard in order to stop myself from expressing once more how I truly feel about the entire situation, and sigh instead. Alistair looks at me curiously, and I shake my head keeping quiet. 

"Al!" Prisha calls before waving to us all. 

"The team wants to celebrate the match," he explains and I nod , releasing my hold around him. 

"Have fun, you earned it," I smile pushing him towards his teammates. 

"You don't want to come?"

I look over to Morgan and he scoffs before shrugging and turning his back to me. My eyes narrow becoming annoyed, but I shake it off noticing how Alistair isn't as slow to read our moods as he lets on. "I've got to get back to Hagrid. But I'll see you later?"

"You're sure?" He asks in a way that practically begs me to change my mind. I nod giving him another loving shove towards his friends. "Alright, where should we meet tonight? The Owlry?"

"Sounds perfect," I answer excited to share some alone time with him, and he closes the distance between us before leaning in to kiss my cheek. I scrunch my shoulders upward, enjoying the growing warmth swell inside my chest and I smile as big as I can as he prepares to go.  "I'll see you after dinner?"

He nods coolly throwing me a smirk before turning to jog in the opposite direction with Morgan. 

The entire way back to the Hippogriff-Enclosure, I'm humming and waltzing down the path along the Forbidden Forest right up until I get to the gate. 

"Gwen! Just in time!" Hagrid smiles waving me down, returning to his current task of brushing the coat of Stormcolt. "She's over there."

Hale-Feather steps proudly into a more open area of the pasture, before clicking her beak twice and a small set of hooves follow closely behind. My eyes widen in wonder and excitement, seeing the beautiful chestnut of the foal's coat gleam in the gentle flickers of sunlight between the shade of the trees. It's still slick and wet from hatching, and although it's wings aren't fully developed I know that this Hippogriff is bound to be impressive. I can just tell from it's mannerisms. Already it's exhibiting actions of confidence, losing it's former hesitance within it's steps in order to properly strut. Hale-Feather leads him to where I am and she bows first before I return it extremely low, and she completes the introduction of her hatchling. 

"He's magnificent," I grin. "The most beautiful thing I've ever seen..." Hale-Feather snorts interjecting her opinion, and I chuckle before correcting myself. "Well, he got it from you," I offer and she leans in to touch her head to mine. "You both are just...glorious."

"What'er ya gonna name'm?" Hagrid gruffs and I blink my eyes confused. "An before yer go an' say somethin', don't. I c'yan think o'no better per-son t'name Hale-Feather's egg."

"...That's a huge honor" I sigh trying to think, but knowing how it takes me forever to decide on important things I know I won't rush this. "I need time to think it over and research the perfect name."

The entire time I'm helping Hagrid with the herd, I'm racking my brain for names but everything I think of eventually seems stupid. We feed them, and brush them plucking out any small twigs or leaves we may find in between their feathers. 

By the time we finish, it's almost dinner and I relay the game back to Hagrid as we walk up to the castle. "I still can't believe the game is allowed to continue with the amount of foul-play that occurs."

"Well, is' nah' ex-actly intentional inn-it," he chuckles as we enter the entrance hall of the Castle, and begin climbing the stairs towards the the Great Hall. "Callin' Quidditch ain' tha' easies', and by the time yer make one call you've already missed three more."

"Even so, Hagrid! What glory is there in winning, if it isn't done fairly? And how can you even fix your mouth to gloat, when everyone knows you cheated." I rant feeling myself getting riled up again. "I guess all in all, I'm just glad the game is over. Although Alistair played brilliantly."

"I'm sure he did," Hagrid smiles warmly as we complete the staircase. "Thanks again fer' yer' help, Gwen."

"I'll be back some time this week to check on Hale-Feather."

"An' don't forget ter' name her lil' one," he reminds before heading off into the Great Hall.

I walk in and head over to the Slytherin table expecting to recieve a series of whispers or glares, but I only get them from Davey's Fan-Girls as I sit down to eat. I scoop out some Shepherd's Pie and take a few bites before glancing around the Great Hall for Alistair. I continue to eat figuring that he's just having a really good time at his party, but then I see Morgan standing at the entrance searching the crowd of students I know something's wrong as soon as we lock eyes.