The Sun and The Whispering Wind

Unniedul, Saranghae! ❤ -- Discontinued --

Chapter 12

 

Cold...

"Momo! Can't you move a bit faster, for God sake!"

"My left leg's literally detached from its socket! I'm trying my hardest here!"

Jihyo groaned. She and Momo are now in the middle of scaling the mountainside, racing with time to reach Wheein. The journey to the mountain itself from their splitting point is easy. But once they climb up the mountain, Momo's condition hindered them from moving fast.

Her super speed power could only bring her so much before she collapsed. Jihyo unrolled the map she brought, marking the 13th place she'd stopped to wait for Momo since they ascended. The bat-girl massaged her temple. Their destination is still too far for her liking and they can't move in her preferred pace. But she also can't leave Momo alone.

"..hyo.."

Jihyo's frustrated. Isn't there any other way to reach the Dragon's Belly faster?

"JIHYO!"

"WHAT!"

Momo looks at Jihyo with an annoyed expression, but quickly softens when she sees Jihyo's stressed face. "I think I found something."

The older girl's statement made Jihyo stood up from her squatting position. "What? Where? How?"

The raccoon points at a small crack hidden by a big tree. Jihyo wouldn't even notice the hole had Momo didn't show it to her. The younger Anihuman took Momo's hand, carefully helping the older girl to climb up the rocks leading to the crack. Once they reached the gap, Jihyo measures the size and concluded that it's big enough for a human.

"So what did you found?" Jihyo asked the other girl.

Momo had started walking into the crack in her raccoon form. "Feels something different inside. And the smell's crazy familiar. Gotta believe in my random scavenger sense here, I can't really explain."

Help...

"Feels something like what?"

"Like," Momo hesitates, sniffing the air.

Please...

The raccoon suddenly growled, fur standing menacingly.

Save me...

"Like desperation."

The raccoon glowed white, eyes shining red and she bolted.

###

"Oh, God, why."

Mina stood at the tip of a cliff, looking downward at the raging waves with an extremely troubled expression. Behind her, Nayeon and Dahyun are in the same condition. They've reached the southern sea since fifteen minutes ago but still can't find any clues about Yongsun's exact location.

Dahyun looks upward, shivering at the rolling clouds. Flashes of light illuminate them when the thunder rolls. "Unnie, we have to move fast. The storm's coming quick."

"I know, I know," Nayeon bit her fingers, eyes scanning their surrounding. They're already standing on top of the infamous Shark Reef, but the steep cliff stopped them from diving.

"I think the cliff's 10 meters in height. But I can't assume the water's depth because the waves are too strong. We can't risk ourselves to just dive," the oldest Anihuman muses out loud. She doesn't realize that one of her younger teammate's currently crawling on all four pacing at the cliff's edge.

"Mina-unnie what the heck are you doing," Dahyun's the one realizing Mina's strange behavior. The penguin girl just grunted, craning her neck further to see the sea under her.

"Measuring the sea depth," Mina answers matter-of-factly. "Nayeon-unnie, I'm going to jump."

"Mwo?" Nayeon immediately pulled Mina's collar, effectively stopping the girl from diving recklessly. Plus, she gets to choke the (supposedly) academy ace while doing so. "You crazy?! That's rock-bottom down there! Mina remember you're not an adult Anihuman! You won't survive if you hit the corals!"

Mina stares at Nayeon blankly. "No, I will. I'm small enough to dodge the rocks once I've reached the water."

"No, Mina," Nayeon put her hands on Mina's cheeks, squeezing them in annoyance. "Listen, we can't act carelessly now. If you injure yourself, we won't be able to save Yongsun-unnie!"

"B-But..."

"Her safety's important, but we have to think about our own well-being, too," Nayeon sighed, releasing Mina once she feels that the younger girl won't object. "We have to keep our cool and think for a plan, you understand?"

Mina hung her head low, refusing to meet Nayeon's eyes. "Arraseo, unnie."

Nayeon sighed. "Okay, good. That's why we–"

"That's why I'm going to save her!" Mina suddenly sprinted, jumped from the cliff's end and turned to her animal form in the air.

"MINARI!!!"

Too late. Nayeon could only see the splash as Mina hit the water. The bunny watches nervously, waiting for any sign of blood in case Mina hurt herself and found none. Thankfully, she saw a small creature in black and white moving between the rocks.

The oldest Anihuman sighed both in relief and in anger. She took her shirt off, catching Dahyun by surprise when she threw her clothes to the younger Anihuman.

"Nayeon-unnie, what are you doing?"

"I'll help Mina," the girl said while pulling her pants down. After she's only left in her underwear, Nayeon looks at Dahyun seriously. "Dubu, I need you to stay here. If the storm came and I can't find Yongsun-unnie, I'll return quickly. But if I or Mina failed to return in two hours, run. Go back to the castle and report to the Soshi team. I don't care if I failed this test but I won't let Mina swim around alone like that. Please, Dubu. You're my only hope. You won't disappoint your eldest unnie, ne?"

Dahyun nodded hastily. "I won't. I promise."

"Good," Nayeon tapped Dahyun's head lovingly. "Remind me to strangle Mina after we return home."

With that, Nayeon jumped to the water and disappeared.

###

Jihyo fly with purpose once she heard an echo of a whimper somewhere within the caves. Once in a while, she opened to let out an ultrasonic scream. It's one of her power as a bat, having echolocation to help her navigates easily even in total darkness.

Momo runs below her using her super speed power. The raccoon stops sometimes, catching her breath and reenergizing herself before bolting into the darkness deeper that Jihyo. Momo has no trouble seeing in the dark, thanks for her extraordinary night vision. Still, her one eye can't see faster than her movement, making her grunted in agony when her disabled body hit the stalagmites at times.

Sob...

"Mo, I heard it again!" Jihyo yelled, her voice booming in the narrow cavern. "We're near!"

"Keep moving, then!" Momo answers then yelped because she tripped on some random rock. "Oh, me and that berserk Yeti."

"Momo! Language!"

"Yes, Mom!" Momo grunted, pushing herself up and continues her sprints. "Ji, I heard something else!"

"What is!"

Sss..

"It's," Momo groaned. "Oh, me again."

"MOMO!"

"SNAKES!" the raccoon yelled. She's pulling her own scalp, angry at herself and at the voices echoed on the cave's walls. "There are snakes here! And for all I know they are near Wheein-unnie's location!"

"Shoot," Jihyo bit her lower lip, flying even faster to the direction of the voices she heard.

It took only a short amount of time for Jihyo to finally locates a wide chamber between all the tunnels. She rushes into the room, gasped when she sees a curling body of a girl at the top of a rock. The girl with the brown hair is hugging her own knees, trembling and sobbing quietly as dozens of snakes slithering around her rock.

"WHEEIN-UNNIE!"

###

Yongsun's POV

 

How many hours have I spent sitting in this corner of the sea?

I've been singing any song I know, and I've been at the point of boredom that I don't feel afraid of the sharks swimming around me. Besides, it's not like they're going to hurt me. Only a few sharks are brave enough to go near my glass cage, but they gave up as soon as their snout touched the sleek surface.

...

Maybe it would be refreshing if I can get out of this cage and swim alongside them. At least I won't be bored.

I sighed for the nth time this day when the ground beside my cage suddenly exploded. I shrieked, mostly surprised as the sharks surrounding me swim upward. I followed their movement and I gasped.

That's.. that's...

"MINA!"

There's no mistaking the small monochromatic bird swimming gracefully around the reefs. The penguin moves quickly, dodging the attacking sharks with her rolls and subtle drifts. I see some of the sharks angrily chasing her but my Mina didn't relent.

Another shockwave was made when a flash of light blasted the sharks away. It doesn't kill them but it will certainly hurt. A human this time, followed Mina and blasting the sharks chasing her. I squint my eyes to recognize this new guest.

Her bunny teeth is an obvious giveaway.

"Nayeon!"

She seemingly heard my call because she grinned at me before chasing another shark. I was awed by her swimming technique I didn't realize a penguin hitting her beak on my cage. I turned to see Mina, once more transformed into her human body punching my cage. Her fist is covered by a bluish light.

I gasped when her fist made contact with the glass and it cracked. Mina shot me a look, warning me about what she's going to do.

I nodded. I took a deep breath as Mina pulls her fist backward, launching it to the glass cage with all her might.

Water quickly invaded my personal space for the last two hours or so, drowning me and choking me with its deep sea pressure. I close my eyes, holding tightly on Mina's hand while she drags me to the surface.

 

End of Yongsun's POV

###

"," Momo mumbled under her breath when she sees Wheein's current condition. The girl's curled on top of a rock, shivering in fear. Jihyo had reached the girl, but the red-haired Anihuman still can't move Wheein from her position. The brown haired keeper doesn't even respond. Momo shot a look at Jihyo, asking her what's wrong.

Jihyo's troubled expression told Momo everything.

Wheein's having a panic attack.

Understandable. She –a normal, human, college student– was left alone in a total darkness surrounded by dozens of snakes without any barrier between them. The snakes may not give any attention to Wheein, but their hissing sound certainly does the trick of creeping her out of her wits.

Jihyo had tried to call Wheein's name and even shaking her lightly, but the girl just didn't budge.

Momo clicked her tongue, "Ji, we have to get her out of here first!"

"Okay! I'll carry her!" Jihyo called back, already tucking Wheein's smaller frame into her arms.

The bat-girl was about to descend from the rocks when Momo felt a sharp pain at her left ankle. The raccoon yowled, pulling her injured leg quickly and nearly losing her balance in the process. Momo looked down, gulped when her eyes met a dozen pair of gleaming yellow eyes.

If the snakes hadn't pay any attention to Wheein beforehand, they certainly paid her their attention now.

"Ji, I think the snakes' hate me," the older girl took a step back. She's testing if the snakes really are attracted to (murder) her or it was simply her mistake of disturbing that one reptile. Momo shivered when every single one of those slithering animals followed her movement.

She took a look at the snakes, then moved her vision to the two girls embracing each other on top of the sole rock.

Momo got an idea.

"Jihyo! These snakes are following me! You and Wheein-unnie are free to go! I'll attract them so you can bring her outside safely!" she shouted.

But Jihyo glared at her. "After what you've told us about your encounter with the berserk Ani?! Not a chance, champ! I'm not leaving you here!"

"Jihyo!" Momo wailed. "It's different now! They're just snakes! I'll be nico nico niing my way outta here once you disappeared into the tunnel! I won't stay long!"

"I'm not leaving you!" Jihyo shouted back. "Mina will kill me if you're hurt again!"

"What does this have anything to do with Min-AAHHHH!!!" the raccoon screamed, jumping back quickly when another snake buried its fangs into her ankle. She growled, eyes once more blazing red as a sign of her heightened adrenaline.

"I'll shoo these snakes! You go first! I'll be just behind you!" Momo snarled, her hands glowed white as she slashed at the snakes approaching her. The swipes of her hands sent a wave of wind pushing the snakes away. "Please, just, just listen to me!"

Having no other choice, Jihyo reluctantly followed Momo's order. She lifts Wheein and took off, sparing one last glance to the girl cornered by the pack of snakes. She runs quickly, forcing her eyes to see any obstacles so she won't drop the keeper in her arms.

A long howl echoed on the walls, nearly made Jihyo's heart jumped from her chest. She looks back once, seeing the telltale blinks of Momo's super speed and sighed in relief. The older girl falls into the same step as her, shooting Jihyo a wink as both escaped the darkness into the light.

###

Dahyun closes her eyes, feeling the trickle of water pouring down on her. Her clothes are soaked, but she sat still on the cliff's edge. It's been an hour since Nayeon and Mina jumped into the water. It's also been half an hour since the rain started pouring down with no sign of her teammates' return.

Her fingers are turning blue because of the cold. Dahyun hugged herself, burying her face on her knees. The crackle of the thunder made her barely heard the splash of water right in front of her. Dahyun lifts her face, meeting a heaving Nayeon drenched in seawater plus rainwater.

"Unnie!" the hamster exclaimed, jumping in joy and draping her unnie's clothes on her back.

Nayeon's quivering, her teeth hitting each other. Dahyun quickly embraced Nayeon in hope of sharing her body heat.

"Nayeon-unnie, where's Mina-unnie?" at Dahyun's question, Nayeon whipped her head.

"What? She was.. she was behind me! And she's with Yongsun-unnie, too!" Nayeon removed herself from Dahyun embrace, looking down to the cliff below.

There are no signs of Mina.

"Oh God, Mina," Nayeon gripped the cliff's edge, tearing up. "Where are you?"

Dahyun followed Nayeon's movement to crouch on the cliff's edge. She scans the shoreline, hoping to catch sight of her keeper and her teammate. Dahyun grew more anxious the longer she can't find them. She repeatedly sweeps the shoreline with her eyes, but she still can't find her unnies anywhere.

"Oh, no.. no, please, God, no.."

Dahyun nearly jumps into the raging waves if only a mantle was not draped around her back. She turned, finding a drenched lioness standing behind her. The lioness with the dark fur tugged both her and Nayeon.

"Hey. It's me. Kwon Yuri. I come to fetch you."

Both younger Anihuman just gaped, confused as for how the ruler is fetching them. Did they fail the test? What happened to Mina and Yongsun?

"Y-Yuri-sunbaenim..."

"Hush, now, young ones," Yuri smiled, showing her rows of fangs hidden on her jaw. "We're going home. Get to your animal form and jump to my back."

"But.." Nayeon stood, trying to object Yuri's offer. "Mina's still out there. And she's with Yongsun-unnie! We can't just leave them alone in the middle of the storm!"

Yuri shook her head. "We won't. But you won't be able to save them in your condition. Worry not, our members would never let anything bad befall your companions."

"This is bad enough for me," Dahyun mumbled quietly. Yuri flicked her ears as she heard what Dahyun had said but chose not to address it.

"Come on. The longer we're here, the harder the storm will be," Yuri said. She once more turned her back to the younger Anihumans. "Some of your friends have been waiting at the castle."

Nayeon and Dahyun nodded, transforming into their animal form and jumped to Yuri's back. As the lioness sprinted to the castle, Dahyun spared another forlorn look at the sea, hoping that Mina and Yongsun would somehow be okay.

###

"Huzzah! We did it!"

Momo jumped in ecstasy once she and Jihyo reached the outside world. She grinned at her companion who is breathing heavily, slowly placing the keeper in her arms at the ground. Momo immediately shut up. The situation dawned on her. Wheein's still having a panic attack and she doesn't respond to anything Jihyo do.

"Wheein-unnie," Jihyo starts, cooing into the older girl's ear. The bat-girl's hand softly rubbing circles to the keeper's back. "Hey, it's me, Jihyo."

"Unnie, you're safe," Momo copied Jihyo's gesture, wrapping her healthy arm around Wheein's fragile shoulder and pulling her to her body. "Momo and Jihyo is here, there's nothing to fear~"

The younger of the two touched Wheein's jaw, guiding her to lift her face and looking straight at Jihyo. As expected, the brown-haired keeper's eyes are unfocused, darting here and there trying to avoid Jihyo's stare.

"Wheein-unnie," Jihyo speaks again, very softly this time. "Can you hear me?"

Wheein's silent.

Jihyo sighed. "We're not making any progress, Mo."

Momo hummed in acknowledgment then stood. She motioned Jihyo to moves Wheein's head to follow her. The taller girl grinned, waving her hand to Wheein.

"Hello, Wheein-unnie! This is me, Momo!"

Silence.

"You may have known me as the limping Anihuman kept by Byulyi-unnie."

Still silence.

"But do you know that I'm also a certified dancer?"

Jihyo's jaw dropped. Momo has stretched wide in a grin as she flexes her body, careful of her injured leg. The younger girl took a look at Wheein, and somehow, somehow, Momo had made her interest piqued.

"Imma show you my sick moves," Momo said boastfully. The girl then proceeds to humm a song Jihyo doesn't know, moving her body to the rhythm of her own humming.

First, Momo put her hands together, moving them in a wave-like motion as she closes her eyes. She then spreads her arms, moving up and down while maintaining her body wave. Momo stopped after a few moments, still spreading her arms.

"Dahyun taught me this move a few years ago. She called it the eagle dance," Momo explained. "It's really easy! I'll show you how!"

The girl took a deep breath, then bowed deeply. Jihyo was just going to ask why Momo didn't lift her head when the girl flapped her arms –healthy or not– in a frantic movement that made Jihyo's head spinning.

"Bbasae woh! Bbasae woh! Bbasae bbasae bbasae wohh!!"

Momo changed her dance moves in a few moments, opting to jumps up and down and flipping her shoulder-length hair everywhere, making strange noises while doing so. She danced randomly and very energetically that Jihyo forgets that her teammate's actually on the borderline of being crippled.

At least until Momo accidentally put her whole weight to her left leg. Her knee immediately buckled and she fell in a split position. Jihyo nearly screamed but Momo just spread her arms widely, wearing her happiest expression and shouting "TARAAAA!!!" to Wheein and Jihyo.

Silence for a few seconds.

Momo's panting.

Jihyo was aghast.

Then... Wheein laughs.

A small laugh, but a laugh nonetheless. The smaller girl leaned herself on Jihyo, hugging her own body as she giggled softly.

"You're weird," Wheein said.

Momo stood up with difficulty but once she managed to do so, she bowed deeply and grinned. "Hirau Owow at your service, madam."

"Owow?" Jihyo's beyond confused.

"My other persona. Normal person like you wouldn't understand," Momo stuck her tongue out. She turned to Wheein, sitting beside her and rubbing the girl's arm slowly. "Hey, unnie."

Wheein took a deep breath before she smiled. "Hey."

"How's ya feeling?"

"Better," the keeper sighs. "Better. I guess."

"You better wipe that 'I guess' from you sentence else I'm dancing again."

Wheein chuckled. "Okay, then. I'm.. better. Yeah. Better."

"Good," Momo shot Wheein her most dazzling smile yet. She offers her healthy hand for Wheein to take. "Then let's go home."

Wheein took Momo's hand, pulling herself up alongside Jihyo. The three smiled at each other before taking off. The walk down the mountain is peaceful, even though Momo continues on talking to prevents Wheein's mind to stray to her traumatizing experience. Jihyo walked at the very front, keeping her steps steady so she can guide the other girls down safely.

When they reached the flatlands, a woman is already waiting for them. Her unmistakable dark hazelnut hair swayed in the wind. She waved at the trio, approaching them while tucking her hands into her pockets.

"Heyo girls," Yoona grinned. "Seems like you are tired. Need a lift?"

###

Yongsun's POV

 

I coughed when I feel saltwater flooding my lungs. The storm above me is still raging, thunders booming on the dark skies. I tried to swim upwards only to be swallowed by the waves again. I can't use both of my hand because I have to grab on Mina's unconscious body.

I don't remember since when did Mina passed out, but what I remember is that we're stranded in the middle of a thunderstorm. My free hand flapped uselessly, trying to keep both of us floating.

I can't do this.

I can't even swim so why bother?

My grip on Mina's back tightened. I wanted to give up but I don't want to die now. There's still a lot of things that I wanted to do and dying is not one of them.

I gasped when a particularly strong wave crashed my body. Wrong move. Now my lung's drowned in saltwater.

My everything hurt. My muscles' screaming. My throat feels as if it's on fire. My vision's getting blurry as time goes.

The last thing I saw before I completely close my eyes is a pair of golden eyes with slanted slits, greenish brown scales and rows of sharp teeth approaching me.

 

End of Yongsun's POV

###

Yongsun opened her eyes to the view of an unfamiliar white ceiling. She groaned, feeling her head pounding painfully. The girl took a deep breath. Relieved when her lungs aren't hurting anymore. She forces herself to sit up and immediately recognized the girl sitting at a bed across her.

"B-Byulyi-sshi?"

Byulyi turned her head, smiling when she realizes that her friend's awake. "Hello, Yongsun-sshi. I thought you won't wake up until tomorrow."

Yongsun exhaled. "Where are we?"

"The castle's infirmary," Byulyi answers calmly. "Apparently you and I are injured in a way so they put us here. I've recovered, though. And Sunny-sshi said that you're actually stable but you need rest. So I wait here."

"Where are," Yongsun paused to test her arms. It doesn't even hurt even though she's certain that her biceps would be ripped by now because of all the swimming. "Hyejin and Wheein? And our sisters?"

"The evil maknae is taking a walk with Yoona-sshi while Sunny-sshi's doing some special healing to Wheein. She doesn't seem to be injured physically but her mind certainly is destroyed," Byulyi explained slowly.

Both then fell into a comfortable silence. A few minutes later, Wheein walked into the infirmary together with Sunny. The former girl grinned, rushing to hug Yongsun tightly. "Unnie! I thought you wouldn't wake up again."

"Did you just implied that I died?" Yongsun scolded her younger friend, but not without a laugh in her voice. "I'm glad you're okay, Wheein-ah."

Wheein nodded happily. She let go of her embrace to turned and hug Byulyi. "You too, Byulyi-sshi! Thank God you're okay."

Byulyi seems to be surprised by the sudden affection. She freezes for a few seconds before opting to run her hand between Wheein's brown tresses. "Yeah, you too, Wheein-sshi."

Sunny's cough pulled their attention to the red-haired woman. She smiled, apologetically then bowed deeply to the three keepers. "Yongsun-sshi, Byulyi-sshi, and Wheein-sshi. I, on behalf of my team, apologize for everything happens today. Please do know that us, the Soshi team, are extremely grateful for your willingness to participate in our young pupil's examination. I've healed every wound you had, mentally or physically. I hope you wouldn't hold any grudge to us or especially, to our younger ones."

The three keepers nodded. Yongsun speaks softly. "You're very welcome, Sunny-sshi. We are aware that our choice to help to raise our sisters is not without risks. We are also grateful that you bother to heal us fully."

"Oh, no, no," Sunny waved her hands. "This is my job. To keep you safe. We can't possibly hurt a human intentionally. Especially in times of the exam."

"We know," Yongsun smiled. "Still, thank you. By the way, where are our sisters? Did they pass the test?"

"You'll know soon," Sunny's eyes twinkled. "They're on their way here. Just prepare yourself. They're a bit hyperactive these days."

As if on cue, the infirmary door cracked open. Dahyun's face peeked inside. Yongsun waved her sister and Dahyun immediately lit up.

"YONGSUN-UNNIE!!!" the hamster slammed the door open, running to jump at her keeper's open arm. Dahyun dived to Yongsun's bed, throwing her arms around the older's waist as she nuzzled her stomach.

Behind Dahyun, the other eight Anihumans plus Hyejin followed closely. Mina teared up at the sight of her keeper, healthy and breathing while Jihyo roared in ecstasy. Both quickly wrapped themselves around Yongsun, shouting about how much they're worried about her.

Yongsun hugs her sister tightly, stealing a glance at the other three keepers and their respective Anihumans. Sana and Chaeyoung are draped on each of Hyejin's shoulder. Jeongyeon had Byulyi and Momo on a headlock, the youngest of the three screaming and clawing her arm while Byulyi's laughing freely. Tzuyu embraces Nayeon and Wheein, covering both smaller girls with her bigger figure.

"Unnie, I.. I thought I failed to save you," Mina said, voice cracking.

Yongsun caresses her sister's black locks lovingly. "No you're not. You fought bravely. And you proved that you succeed because... here I am now. No wounds, no scar, not even a scratch. All because of you."

The younger girl cried, burying her face on the crook of Yongsun's neck. Dahyun tightened her hug around Yongsun's waist while Jihyo seemingly happy enough to grasp her sister's hand.

"By the way, did you girls passed the test?"

Jihyo enthusiastic nod made Yongsun's heart fluttered. "Yes! Yes we pass! Even if Tzuyu and Mina got scolded because they passed out. Hehehe... but we passed, unnie! We passed the test!"

Yongsun laughs, tugging her black haired sister's arm to make Mina face her. "You're scolded?"

Mina pouted. "Hyoyeon-unnie said that I'm the one who's supposed to protect you, not the other way around. She said she found us floating in the water while I'm unconscious and you're holding me."

"Hyoyeon? That Kim Choding?" Yongsun guffawed. "Scolded you?"

"More like she insulted Mina. She even dared to do so while laughing her off on the ground," Dahyun smirked, earning a glare from her black haired teammate.

"Oh, shut up, you," Mina pouts even harder.

Yongsun's laughter died down as she pulls her sisters into an embrace. She whispered quietly, "Thank you. For saving me, and for being safe yourself."

Their little hugging festival come into a halt when Sooyoung clapped her hands once. She bowed, telling the keepers and the young Anihumans that it's time for them to go.

"As much as I enjoyed this view," Sooyoung grinned. "I'm sorry to inform you that we have to leave. A human is not allowed to stay at the Anihuman world for more than eight hours, so I have to send you home before the high council comes screaming at our door."

Everyone laughed at Sooyoung's explanation. They all agreed to went home. Sooyoung smiled, pleased, and she clapped her hands a few times to teleport all of them to the human world.

"Well, then," the short-haired woman bowed once. "Congratulations on your first exam. We'll meet again at the next exam. You'll be notified beforehand so you can prepare yourself. Ciao, bella!"

With that, the elder Anihuman disappeared.

Yongsun took a deep breath, feeling relieved to be home again until she faces upward. The full moon's hanging on the pitch black sky.

"Wait, what? How is it night time already?!"

 

To be continued...