Oh Sehun // Bound to you

CODE 143: Love Department (Open for request!)

Oh Sehun x Reader


You were on your way to the library, helping your friend to return the reference book she borrowed. She had a sudden club meeting that she asked you for a favour because apparently, today was the last day for her to return it. You didn’t mind since you weren’t in a rush or have anyone waiting for you at home.
It had been a while since you’ve lived alone. Your roommate moved out after graduating. She was a year older than you and had settled down somewhere near her workplace. You were in your last year now, and it had been a struggle as of late.
Once you reached the library, you didn’t waste any time in returning the book and lingered around between the aisles of books. Maybe you should borrow a book to read, you wondered. After a few minutes of browsing, you decided that instead of borrowing a novel from the library, you might as well borrow a reference journal for your thesis. You were in the arts major but it seemed that one of the subject required for you to make your own thesis for you to use for your final project on your last semester. You hated it but it was necessary.
You looked from aisle to aisle, looking for anything that could be related to your research until one caught your eye.
History of Asian Art.
Not exactly what you were looking for but it seemed to intrigue you. History and art? Your two favourite combinations.
“Maybe next time.” You told yourself regarding the reference journals. It was an excuse and you knew it but you were just not in the mood.
You checked out History of Asian Art from the library and headed home immediately.

It was already nighttime and you were having your dinner, which was only plain water and ramyun. Not really ideal but it was affordable for you. History of Asian Art was at your side as your flipped it open, reading the context one by one and carefully. You knew some of the things that was written in the book as you were already taught about it but reading this book gave you a deeper depth to what you’ve learned. That was until you stumbled upon a writing. It was written in a foreign language but you read it anyway. To you, this was nothing different than the dummy texts you’ve used in your assignments. Your pronunciation was off as you didn’t even know what you were reading. It was just four short sentences. Thinking of it as nothing, you just shrugged it off and moved on to reading the next page.

The next morning you woke up to the sound of your alarm waking you up for your class. You got up and got ready after showering by putting on your casual outfit. It was effortless but neat. Without a missing a single beat, you left the house and headed for the campus. The classes went well, nothing interesting. It was the same old routine every week. You had “Packaging and Reproduction” subject in the morning and in the evening, you had 2D Animation class and as usual, the class tend to drag until nighttime.

Tonight, you joined your classmates for dinner. There were the 7 of you and all of you chatted away about trivial things, assignments, subject related discussions and of course, gossips. By the time you checked your watch, it was almost 11 and you hurriedly took out your cash and placed it on the table. Your friends asked you to stay a bit longer but you refused. It was already late and you didn’t want to go home later than that, especially that you were living alone with no one to accompany you.

The city was still buzzing when you were on your way home but the noises and the crowd died down when you reached your neighborhood.
Not wanting to spend any more time outside, you hurriedly strode down the street, gripping to your bag as tightly. But you heard something shuffled behind you. Your instinct told you to run and you did. You hated going outside at night because it was dangerous and you hated it even more that you were alone. You ran as fast as you could but you can’t seem to lose your pursuer.

Just as you turned into a corner, you hit something solid and fell to the ground with a grunt. A man standing in front of you, with a shocked look on his face, which then turned into something sinister. He held his hand out with a menacing grin on his face, his cap covering his eyes with half of his face hidden in the shadows.

“Are you alright, miss?” There was something off about the way he was speaking.
Slowly and carefully, you backed away from him, eyes glued onto the man. Seeing how you reacted, he straightened himself up and took his steps towards you.
“Here, let me help you out…” He said softly but you knew behind that there was more than that sugarcoated voice of his. “Don’t be afraid…” He bent down when your back hit a wall.
Gathering up all of your courage, you forced your leg to swing under his, and he fell down on his side, clearly were not expecting that you’d do something like that. Taking this as an opportunity, you quickly got up to run but you weren’t fast enough when he gripped onto your ankle.
“Aren’t you a feisty one?” He growled.
You tried to scream by nothing came out. Were you too scared? But you fought anyway, if your voice wouldn’t come out, at least your body was reacting. With much strength, you kicked the guy’s hand away.

“How about a feistier one?”
With that, a hand pulled you away from the man that you almost trip and were pushed to stand behind him.
You looked up to see who had come to your aid and saw a guy, taller than you were. His hair was a slight mess, and he was wearing all black. From his denim black denim jacket to his black boots. His back was on you but you could tell he was preparing to fight if things went down hill. It was in his body language.

The man got up and bit his lips. Even though you couldn’t see his face, you could feel that he still had his eyes on you.

“Eyes on me.” The guy in front of you warned. “Don’t eye her like that.” For a moment, you thought the guy’s voice was layered with something else as well.
“Oh yeah? Make me.” The man challenged and swung his fist at his opponent. You moved out of the way as the guy who just helped you dodged backwards from the fist.
“Bad choice of words.” You heard the guy muttered.
It happened in a blink of an eye. One minute he was in front of you, and the next, he had his fingers on the man’s neck, choking him until he turned blue.
“Ah, you’re really bad…” The guy in black said. Almost sounded as if he was enjoying seeing the man struggling for life and lifted him off his feet. The man was practically hanging by the neck. “Been going around girls it seems…”
"W-what?” You couldn’t believe your ears.
“You would have been in trouble if I didn’t come, little girl.” The guy in black purrs, eyes remained locked on the guy he was choking. “Do you want me to kill him or do you want to call the police?”
The man struggled thrashed around violently, letting out unpleasant noises until his hat fell off and revealed his face.
You gasped seeing the familiar face that had been shown in news a lot of times. “I-I call the police.” You shakily dialed down the number and told them what happened, except for the part that the man was being choked.

The guy in black threw the onto the ground and pressed a leg on the man’s chest. He leaned down a little, resting his an elbow on his knee as he jammed his other hand into his pocket. His voice was calm but there was something dangerous to it. It wasn’t like the ’s calm yet menacing. But it wasn’t pleasant either.
“My friends would have looking forward to your arrival.” The guy in black tilted his head, an obvious smirk on his face. “Shame they’re trapped somewhere and couldn’t be here. I guess it’s your lucky day…” He pressed his leg down further that you thought you heard something. The ’s ribs. “They could have done much more than this…”
Just then, there was a wave of police sirens. The guy in black looked at you and smiled. “Your help is here.” He referred to the police car that was pulling over.

 

Home sweet home.
After being questioned by one of the police, they let you go. You declined their offer to take you home kindly and just walked away. It was only a few blocks away and you were pretty sure nothing else was going to happen. Nobody would risk anything with the police in the neighborhood.
You the lights in your house only to see the guy in black standing in front of your room. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he leaned against the doorframe.
Out of shock, you threw your bag at him and ran into the kitchen where the knives were. He didn’t flinch at all when the bag missed him by an inch.
Instead he just watched you.
“What are you doing in here?!” You trembled as you grabbed a knife, holding it in front of you.
“Is that a way for you to greet me after you summoned me?”
“What?! I didn't summon you.” Your eyes glued on him as he walked in front of the television and picked something up from the floor.
You watched him in silence as your hand slowly reached down for your phone in your pocket. As if he could see you, he said. “Don’t bother. They won’t be able to catch me.”
He flipped the book that you were reading last night. The guy didn’t even bother to look up at you as he kept on searching the pages until he came to a stop. Then he lifted it in your direction.
“This. You summoned me.”
You didn’t quite understand what he meant. Seeing how you were in confusion, he tapped on the writing of the foreign language that you’ve attempted to read last night.
“You summoned me through this.”
“What?”
“This is a demon summoning.” He explained though you could hear that he was getting impatient. “I’m bound to you.”
“I didn’t know what it is.”
“Then why are you meddling with things you don’t know?”
“I just thought it was some random languages. Latin perhaps?”
“It’s a demon summoning mantra.” The guy ripped the page apart and you yelled.
“I MIGHT GET FINED FOR THAT! That was the library’s!”
“Then do you want any more people to summon a demon?”
“I don’t believe you.” You snorted, keeping your guard up. After all, he could be lying.
Then a gush of strong wind blew against you that you stumbled back but before you could hit the floor, another gush of wind, softer this time, got your back, softening the impact of your fall.
The knife in your hand was gone and your phone was in his hand.
“I’m a wind demon.”
“You’re a demon.”
“I’m a demon.” He nodded.


A week had passed and the demon stayed in your house. He didn’t do anything that was inappropriate nor did he bother you. He just remained to himself and most of the time; he just sat in a corner of your house and just watched you.

It wasn’t pleasant but it wasn’t disturbing either. Just slightly uncomfortable and he wasn’t one to talk as well. Though there were times where he was really cheeky and he knew all of your darkest secrets and weaknesses. Much to his disappointment, he said that he couldn’t use any of these as blackmail to you as it wasn’t really bad enough.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” His asked even though his back was you. His had his eyes out of the window.
Flustered, you looked away. “I wasn’t.”
“It wasn’t a demon mumbo jumbo.” He turned and his hand pointed to the window. “I can see your reflection.”
Oh.
“Why are you here?” You wondered as you set the dinner on the table.
“Because you summoned me.” His tone was bored.
The demon strode over to the table and sat on a chair. “You’re a really good cook.”
“Oh, thank you.”
“I lied.”
“Oh.”
“I’m a demon. You’re not supposed to believe anything I say. For all you know, I might not even be a demon.”
“Something more sinister then.”
“Probably.” He flashed you his smirk. The smirk that you have found to be so endearing at some point.

Seeing all the food on the table, the demon shook his head as you, as usual forgot to bring the fork and spoon. He was about to ask you about them but you already sat down, clearly not realizing what you’ve forgotten.
With a sigh, he set his elbow on the table and opened his palm, as if he was asking for something. Then you saw a couple of spoons and forks and 2 sets of chopsticks floating their way to the table.
“Sorry.” You in a breath, noticing what you’ve forgotten.
The demon just shook his head. “You’re human after all. You make mistakes. This is nothing.”
It was funny to hear that from a demon because not even human were as forgiving as this even towards the smallest mistakes.
“You said you’re a demon but you’re nice.”
“Do you expect me to murder you on the spot?”
“I-“
“There are several types of demons. The menacing ones, the ones you ought to avoid. They’re the ones that drove people to do bad things. The elemental ones, like me and my friends. What we do is… we serve people.”
“Like a slave?”
“I don’t like that word. We’re companions.”
“Demonic companions?”
“Something like that.”
“So you’re nice.”
“If I want to.” He took a bite of his dinner.
“So you’re my demonic companion then?”
“No. At least not yet.”
“What do you mean not yet?”
“You summoned me and yes, I am bound to you but the contract hasn’t take place yet so we’re not fully official.”
“Wait, there’s a contract?”
“Yes. There’s a contract. I’m bound to you, I serve you. But if another person summons me, I can leave you because we,” he pointed to you and him. “haven’t even sign the contract with each other.”
“Oh.”
“Which can be dangerous sometimes. Back in the ancient days, people would immediately sign their contracts with us, to avoid us from having to serve another people. Selfish but needed. Most just wanted us to do their bidding in killing off their enemies.”
“Did you then?”
“Did I what?”
“Kill their enemies.”
“I’ve killed millions of people throughout my immortal life.”
His words sent a chill down your spine.


Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months.
The two of you still haven’t signed the contract that he had talked about but neither of you brought that up. He was living with you now, helping you out on the little things. He disappeared from time to time, perhaps a day or two but never more than three days you noticed.
Sometimes you wondered where he went off to but thought it was best if you didn’t know about it.

Within the few months he’d stayed with you, you noticed all the little things he did around the house. When you were in a bad mood, he’d leave food on the table for you. When you were sad, he’d your head. Once you fell asleep while doing your assignment in the living room, only to wake up in your bed with your assignments neatly tucked into your bag. You have also stormed into the house after a huge fight with one of your group mates for not cooperating in a group project and he just listened to all your rants and agreed to whatever you said. The next day, that group mate of yours met up with you and apologized and proceeded on doing his best with the group work. When you asked your other group mates, they just said that he dreamt of being gorily tortured by someone for not doing his work in hell. There were just trivial things but you appreciated it. The demon’s presence in your house made you look forward to go home.

Most of the time now, you’d skip hanging out with your friends just to get home so that you could spend your time with the wind demon. You realized that you actually like him. He’d crack up jokes, some were actually funny but most were just dumb. When he talked, he talked a bit funny.

“I was in my realm for thousand of years. I didn’t know how much time had passed in this world so I apologize for a being a bit old school.” He would say in defense.

The demon had even followed you everywhere you go without you knowing, making sure that nothing bad to befall over you. He couldn’t have his companion hurt. No. That wasn’t it. He didn’t want you to get hurt. Whenever you weren’t in his sight, he’d get worried. He couldn’t stay still and his mind kept on drifting to you.

“You got a mail.” The demon’s voice lingered in your house. Black silky looking smoke swirled around in your living before forming into the demon with your mails in his hands.

When he first did this, you freaked out but now you had just grown accustomed to it. He would pop out here and there as he pleased, wherever and whenever he wished to. You were worried that he might pop in while you were having a shower but so far, the demon didn’t do anything that was inappropriate to you.

Setting down your artworks on your desk, you walked out of the room and took the mail from him. The two of you stood facing each other as you looked through your mail. The demon leaned in and sniffed your hair, taking in your scent.

“Where did you go today?” He touched your hair.

Looking up from your mail, you realized your face was only inches away from his. For a moment, you held your breath, taking in his devastatingly beautiful face and his soft pink lips. His eyes were locked onto yours; there was a hint of… concern?

“The art store.” You managed. “I ran out of inks.”
“We need to sign the contract.” He suddenly said.
“What? I don’t want to bound you to me for the rest of your life!”
“I’m already bound to you.” He maintained the gap between you.

You could feel the heat rising up in you, your cheeks flushed and your blood rushing through the veins. If he could see how red cheeks were, he didn’t say anything. Instead, his gaze was steady on you.

“Oh Sehun.” He finally said. “My name is Oh Sehun. Say my name and the contract will be done. That’s my real name.”
“I can’t do it.”
He could tell you wouldn’t give in so he pulled back and sighed. “If anything, just remember my name. Call my name when you need me.”
If, I need you.” You corrected him.
Oh Sehun didn't say anything when the black smoke engulfed him and disappeared again.


 

“So you’ve found a human companion.”
“How did you know?” Oh Sehun asked into the darkness of a warehouse. The moment he smelled a particular scent on you, he knew it meant trouble. Nothing good ever came out of this.
He kept his guards up, his mental sharp and his body ready for anything that might happen. It was always unpredictable when it came to Byun Baekhyun, the notorious light demon.
“I met her in the art store. She’s a pleasant lady.”

When the wind demon didn’t reply, the light demon went on. “I could smell you in her scent. So I thought, perhaps I could leave something for you on her.”

That was when a small orb of light came into view.

Byun Baekhyun wasn’t physically there then. Oh Sehun was alone in the dark warehouse. This was something that Baekhyun would do when he was too busy to make an appearance by himself or he preferred to avoid it. Send a small light orb.
“Touch it.” Baekhyun’s voice lingered. The wind demon hesitated for a moment. “It won’t hurt you, much.
Carefully, very carefully, Oh Sehun touched the small light orb with his finger and everything went white, blinding him.


 

You were about to turn on your laptop when Sehun burst into your room. His hair was disheveled; he had a frantic look in his eyes and beads of sweats trailed down his face.

“Say my name.”
“What? No! We’ve talked about this.”
“Bound me to you permanently.” He said.
“I’m not goi-”
“SAY MY NAME!” He yelled and a strong gush of wind started to encircle between the two of you. “You don’t understand. I’ve killed millions of people before this. Bound me to you and I won’t have to do that again.”
“What-“

His wind died down and Sehun pulled you closer to him, he held you protectively as he looked around the room.
“He’s here.” That was all you heard him say before a strong light engulfed you.


 

When you opened your eyes, Oh Sehun was standing protectively over you, shielding you from someone.
You were no longer in your room but in the middle of a meadow. It was dark, save for the faint light that was radiating from a man that was facing you and Sehun.

“I see you haven’t made the contract official yet.” The man said, he was shorter than Sehun but you could tell he would be just as dangerous.
He had dark hair, a piercing to his lower lip and everything he wore, was much like your companion. Black.


Behind him stood a young lady, beautiful and slim. She had sharp features but her eyes. There was something about her eyes that sent shivers down your spine. She looked at you as if she could see through you.
“It’s none of your business, Baekhyun.” Sehun spat and Baekhyun raised his brows in amazement.
“That’s not how you speak to your lifelong friend.” Baekhyun stepped forward and Sehun sent a gush of wind towards him. But Baekhyun, remained rooted to his spot, not flinching a single bit.

The latter turned his attention to you and cocked his head. “Hello there little kitty.” He purred.

“Get him for me, Baekhyun.” The lady behind him finally spoke. “I want each one of you elemental demons.” Her eyes sharpened. “And kill her.” For a brief moment, you thought you saw a thin line around Baekhyun’s neck glinted.
Roughly, Sehun shoved you back and strong winds encircled you like before. Only this time, Sehun was outside of the circle.
“Maybe if you want me, you should have summoned me instead of using Baek.”

He was angry. Byun Baekhyun was one of his closest friends. He was among the strongest elemental demon but fate wasn’t on his side.
When Sehun went to confront Baekhyun earlier, the light demon had sent a small orb of light to him, telling Sehun to touch it. He did as told out of curiosity as to what happened to his friend. The moment he touched it, the orb sizzled and bright lights blinded him. In there, he saw what happened to Baekhyun.
400 years ago, Baekhyun was summoned and signed a contract with a young lady only to have his heart affected with evil deeds and trapped his own friends when they tried to break the contract off for him. Sehun had only recently got out because he was summoned.
For 400 years, Byun Baekhyun suffered in the hands of the man and his generation.

You watched in horror as Sehun and Baekhyun fought. They winnowed, dark smoke swirled violently around them. Sehun’s strong sharp wind seemed to slashed Baekhyun’s skin but it wasn’t deep enough. He was being careful because Sehun knew, deep down, his friend was still there. Baekhyun seemed to held back a lot too. He could have easily blinded Sehun and burnt him with his light but he didn’t. He was fighting too, but not just Sehun. He was fighting himself too.
Their movements were too fast for your eyes to keep up.
You could only made out the trail of black smokes in the air as the both of them fought.
Then, Sehun had enough. With much force, he threw Baekhyun off him and the light demon slammed onto the ground, making a huge crater around him. Before he could get up, Sehun’s wind pressed the light demon on his place, making it impossible for him to move. The circle around you died down.
The lady who was Baekhyun’s companion ordered for Baekhyun to get up. You saw another thin line glinted around Baekhyun’s neck and he screamed in agony.
The sound was so brutal that you had to shut cover your ears, blocking the sound of his tormented scream.

 

Sehun understood why Baekhyun was in pain. He was bound to the lady, his service was passed down from generation to generation and for him to disobey his companion would have excruciating pain inflicted on him. But for Baekhyun to be in this much pain, to be screaming in such horrific agony must have mean that he had resisted the orders so many times. The more orders you disobeyed, the more painful it would be.

“I SAID GET UP AND GET HIM FOR ME YOU WORTHLESS SLAVE!”

Upon the word slave, Sehun’s focus was lost for a moment, which gave Baekhyun an opening. With Sehun’s undivided attention, Baekhyun directed a crackling hot light towards Sehun and knocked him out of the air. The light demon panted as he pulled himself up. He was tired from the pain and his movements were staggering.

Sehun landed swiftly on his feet but soon knelt down on a knee. Sweat dripping for his face. He was tired too. To have kept the circle of wind around you and to face Baekhyun at the same time was exhausting. Not to mention that strong wave of wind he sent to hold Baekhyun in his place.

Byun Baekhyun, despite him being tired and in pain, didn’t seem to have any problem to stride over to Sehun confidently. The aura radiating from him was deadly.

He kept sending his crackling lights towards Sehun every single time the wind demon made a movement, not giving him another chance. It didn’t seem deadly but with enough attacks, it can be.

With every attack, Oh Sehun tumbled backwards, knocking the air out of his lungs. His face was covered in dirt and bruises, blood streaming down from his head. His clothes were torn and he gagged when Baekhyun sent him quite a blow of his power.

Run.” You heard Sehun’s voice in your mind.
You forced yourself to see Sehun, to see Baekhyun raising his hand and crackling lights formed on his palm.
“No…”
Run.” Sehun’s eyes locked on you. There was assurance as he nodded. Oh Sehun gave you the warmest and gentlest smile before closing his eyes as if he had accepted his fate.

You didn’t know what came over you, but your body moved on its own.
What am I doing? You thought as you ran towards the lady.
She didn’t see you coming. Her eyes were fixed on the battle of the two demons, filled with greed and smiled gleefully when she saw Baekhyun was about to finish his friend off.
What are you doing, _____? Your mind whirled.
You’re going to get killed; this is not your battle! Your mind was screaming for you to stop but your body… your body refused.
With all your might, you slammed your body against the lady and the two of you rolled on the ground. For a moment, Baekhyun blinked and in a breath.
“Do it.” His words were short and simple, possibly cryptic but Oh Sehun understood it perfectly.

 

Your body ached from the slam and your head felt heavy. The lady picked herself out and took out the knife she had in her hand. She grabbed you by your hair and without wasting any second, she sank knife into your heart.
Blood spurted out of your mouth and everything went blurry for you.
She gave the knife a twist before yanking it out of your heart violently and dropped you like you were just a worthless thing on the ground.

The moment she spun around to continue watching the battle, Oh Sehun was already in front of her. Black smokes gripped her tightly that she was unable to move and forced their ways into her through , ears and nostrils. Her eyes rolled back as choking and gagging sound came out from her. Sehun too the knife from her struggling hands and rammed it into her heart, just as she had done so to you.

A few more seconds of struggling, her body went limp and there was a sound of relief from Byun Baekhyun. The wind demon threw the lady’s lifeless body aside and hurried to your side.

 

Your vision was blurry but you could still made out Sehun’s figure as he knelt down and pulled you gently into his arms.
“It’s going to be fine.” He said, his voice was calm but you could feel his hands trembling.
“It’s going to be fine…” you repeated after him weakly. You knew it was not true; you were not going to be fine. Your life was slipping away from you and there was nothing you could do about it.
“Sehun…” Baekhyun’s voice was heard. He stood beside Sehun. “I’m sorry…”
The wind demon ignored his friend and held you tight. He wanted to winnow you but he couldn’t do that; not when you weren’t really his companion. You could be trapped in the shadows and he couldn’t risk it. Especially when you were injured like this.
You felt a drop of tear landed on your cheek.
Is he… crying?
Weakly, you brought your hand to his face and his cheek gently. “Sehun…Oh Sehun… look at me…” You smiled weakly at him. “Hey…look at me Sehun…” Hearing his name being called for the first time, Oh Sehun stared at you for a brief moment. His eyes searched yours. “D-did you just call me…?”
“Sehun…” you breathed, holding on for as long as you could. “Thank you…”
“No…” Sehun’s eyes glinted with hope. “Thank you.” With that, he pressed his lips softly against yours.
Much to your surprise, you didn’t struggle or pushed him away. Instead you kissed him back. The demon smiled against the kiss and pulled away, resting his forehead onto yours.
“Let’s get you fixed up, angel.” And Oh Sehun winnowed away with you.


 

“So you’re telling me there is another seven of you?” You stared at the two elemental demons in your living room.
“Yes.” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.
“And you need me to free them?”
“More like, we prefer to have you as our companion.” Baekhyun announced but Sehun didn’t seem to like the idea. He much preferred to have you all to himself.
“Does that means...” you blushed at the thought of your kiss with Sehun. “that I have… I have to k-k-k-kiss-ss y-you too?”
Immediately Sehun shot up and shook his head vigorously. “NO!”
“Why not?” Baekhyun laughed.
“Why can’t you free them, Baekhyun?” You now sat on your couch and the two demons sat on the long couch in front of you.

It was a sign of respect from them to you, even if you didn’t notice. To them, you were the higher up here so if you stand, they will stand with you and if you sit, they will sit after you.
The light demon sighed. “I want to but… I can’t undo the orders of my previous companion until I have a new one.”
“Even if we’re not bound to them or their orders anymore,” Sehun spoke. “We can’t undo what we’ve done. Baekhyun couldn’t reverse the trap spell he’d cast on the other seven.”
“But how did you get free, Sehun?” You asked. “I mean, besides me summoning you. How did the summoning spell got into the book?”

There was a pin drop silence.

Slowly, Baekhyun lifted his hand up. “I… I possessed a student and wrote it down in hopes that when I got out of his body, he would read it.” He looked at you and Sehun before continuing. “But he just shut the book and returned it to the library. It wasn’t for another three years that you came along and read it. I couldn’t remember the others’ summoning spell. It had been hundreds of years… you know. I wasn’t even myself.”
“What do you mean?” You asked, leaning in interest.


Sehun and Baekhyun looked at each other and just nodded as if to say they agreed to tell you.
“When… we bound ourselves to you… a part of you becomes a part of us. Your heart becomes our heart. Your mind becomes our minds. If you’re a good-hearted person, we’ll be just as good hearted but if you were tarnished in evil deeds then we would be affected too. Our old self would still be conscious in us but it’s like we’re trapped.” Sehun explained.


Sehun lowered his head. “My previous companion was a war general. He… was complicated. He cared for the people but merciless with the enemies, even with women and children and I…” he didn’t finish his words and Baekhyun patted his back in assurance.
“You have a new companion now. It’ll be fine.” The light demon looked at you with a warm smile.
You still couldn’t believe this was the very person that could have killed Sehun before this.
“Will you take in another elemental demon?” Baekhyun asked.
“Does that mean I have to kiss you too?”
“YAH! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KISS HIM?!” Sehun burst out.
“F-for the contract? Why are you yelling at me? You’re such a hothead!” you yelled back.
Baekhyun just laughed at your words. “No, _____. You don’t have to kiss me. We’re demons after all, we could cheat as we please. Different demons have different ways of signing the contract. You could just shake my hand and that’s it. Sehun’s contract wasn’t through a kiss before this. It was just through a bloody handshake.”
“What?”
“I changed it at the last moment.” The wind demon shrugged, not looking at you.
“Why?”
“Because why not? Plus, you like it.” He shook his head. “Scratch that, you love it.”
You felt your cheeks turning hot and looked away. “How do we do this then, Baekhyun?”
“Call me by my full name and say ‘I, _____ hereby take you, a hot of a light demon to be my sworn companion.”
“Lose the hot .” You frowned.
“Ouch baby girl, I’m hurt.”
“Don’t call her baby girl” Sehun sounded annoyed. “Just get this over with.”
Baekhyun held out a hand to you and you took it as you stood up with him. Both of your hands were in his as you faced each other. “Just say what I’ve told you.”
You took a deep breath.
“Byun Baekhyun, I, _____ hereby take you, a hot of a light demon to be my sworn companion.”

For a moment, your body and Baekhyun’s gave off a soft radiant glow. You tilted your head back and saw a circle of light above your head and washed you with warm beautiful light before disappearing.
“We’re done then!” Baekhyun blinked and clutched his heart. “You…you’re really different.” He smiled. “I think the others would love to have you as their companion as well.”
Sehun stood up too and pulled you close to his chest. “Well, yeah, but let’s not forget who’s actually with her okay. Me. Keep that in mind, Baekhyun. She’s mine and I’m hers.”
“Well, technically, she’s mine too.”
“She’s my girlfriend okay.” Sehun grinned. “Not yours, hah.”
You just shook your head in disbelief. As if one childish demon wasn’t enough, you have two to take care of now. Walking away from the bickering demons, you went inside your room and locked the door. Your heart raced when you remembered Sehun’s voice.
She’s my girlfriend okay.”
“I’m his girlfriend…”
“That’s right.”

You jumped at the sound of his voice. On your bed, Oh Sehun was laying there lazily. He patted the empty spot at his side, motioning for you to lay down next to him and you did.
He pulled you into an embrace and hugged you tightly. “How can I know you’re not lying?”
“We can’t lie to our companion.” He snuggled into your hair. “Your hair smells.”
“Hey!”
“We really can’t lie, angel.” He tilted your chin up so that your eyes would meet. “We can’t do anything that might hurt our companion.” The wind demon craned his neck a little and you saw a thin glint of thread around his neck. It was the very same one that you’ve seen on Baekhyun before. “And I know you wouldn’t hurt us too.”
He your hair as the two of you locked eyes for a moment. “You might actually be the death of me if you keep on doing this to my heart.”
Slowly, and gently he leaned in and kissed you. You cupped his face in your hand and pulled him against your body. “I’m in love with a demon.” You said between the kisses and he just smiled against it.
"And I'm in love with an angelic human."