yat

Paper Flowers (made of contracts and tissues)

It had been a beautiful day; the sun was shining, birds were chirping merrily, children playing and even the laughter of the ahjummas gossiping in a corner of the shop were all so palpable that Min Yoongi (25) had to bury his face on his palms and muffled a scream.

A teen turned his attention to the man and tilted his head, "Hyung, are you okay?" But Yoongi only waved at the younger and continued his self induced depressive state. His looks may be complimentary with the flowers that adorned the shop, but his current mood was fouler than a ten day old milk left in the sink to spoil.

"Did Hoseokie-hyung come to collect earlier?" To this question, Yoongi could only groan and try not to destroy the bouquet he was arranging. The younger moved toward Yoongi and stood in front of him, arms folded on the countertop where Yoongi continued to try to do his job--tending the flower shop.

"Kook, can't you just get an actual job so we can pay our debts?" He asked, fingers nimbly pausing over the yellow chrysanthemums. Jungkook merely frowned at his question, brows meeting in a furrow, "You know I still can't. Mum wants me to join one of the Kim's company, which means that I--"

"--need to finish your degree, I get it. Never mind I asked." Yoongi finished for him and heaved a languorous sigh. He continued arranging the bouquet for Mrs. Choi and wondered if he would ever be able to pay back his family's debts before Hoseok's family of thugs stomp into the shop and destroy his bread and butter.

"Hyung, maybe you can try that job mum keeps talking about?" Jungkook brought up the idea that their mum kept mentioning offhandedly to Yoongi ever since she heard about it from her coworkers.


  The Kim's are hiring for an internal position--maybe one of my sons would be lucky enough to get in...

He didn't really like to entertain the idea of working for the Kim's because they are a large conglomerate who monopolised most if not all of the city's resources. When the founder died a few years ago, the eldest grandson was named successor at the age of 24. Yoongi knew enough about the Kims to merit him an upstanding citizen in their good city.

But with the Jung's on his neck like this, he's very much tempted to take on whatever that internal position was. He didn't even get enough information about the job to actually consider giving it a shot. In the end, he texts his mum about it.

[to: mother]

mum

how do i apply for that internal job thing with the Kim Inc.?

& what kinda job is it?

[from: mother]

you'll have to go directly to Kim Namjoon to apply.

[to: mother]

who is kim namjoon

[from: mother]

a cousin of the current CEO & also his advisor

[to: mother]

oh. what's the job tho?

[from: mother]

i don't know.

just go and ask, since you plan on applying anyway

[to: mother]

thanks mum.

So, there he was, the upstanding citizen that he claimed to, standing in the most professional get up he could pull off: His father's black coat over a blue pinstriped button down shirt. He was also wearing his old high school uniform--a navy blue slacks that thankfully still fit him. He was sure that the people he passed as he climbed to the top floor were laughing at him and it made his nerves go all the more haywire.

"Uh, I'm here to see Kim Namjoon about a...job?" He told the receptionist when he arrived at the top floor. The woman behind the counter only hummed before buzzing him in, announcing over the receiver that 'there's a guy looking for you Joon, it's about that vacancy thing you have.'

And so, Yoongi met Kim Namjoon...and the young CEO, Kim Seokjin (26). Commonly known to the public as the Wolf King for his aloof and brash demeanour.

Yoongi only knew Seokjin from his name and the things the newspapers write about him. Mostly, they talk about how cold and ruthless the man was, giving strict employee rules and overall policies.

Here, he saw Seokjin sitting (draped, really) on a white leather love seat with Namjoon reading something to him. Yoongi didn't want to sound cliche but Kim Seokjin looked like he was handmade by the gods. But the gods were too focused on his physical attributes that they forgot to give him emotions.

Kim Seokjin looked positively bored.

“So. You’re applying for that internal position?” Yoongi tore his gaze from Seokjin and looked at Namjoon, nodding slowly as he handed his CV to the tall man. He was a jack of all trades so he was quite sure he would be able to do whatever the job would ask from him.

“My name is Min Yoongi. My mum—she works for you guys. A supervisor at the department store uptown.” Namjoon only hummed as he flipped through his CV. Yoongi’s eyes flits over the room, admiring how the furnishings were made to complement everything.

“Can you keep a secret, Mr. Min?” He heard Namjoon ask and Yoongi immediately returned his attention back to the man and nodded. He could feel Seokjin’s eyes on him as he does so and a shiver runs down his spine. Was the Wolf King going to say no to him?

“We’re hiring you, Mr. Min, but only for a month. You don’t have to worry, though. The wage and severance pay is very good and it can anchor even your grandchildren in the future.” Yoongi took a sharp intake of breath at this.

It’s like winning the lottery—minus the effort and spending money on lottery tickets! He’s definitely in.

“Okay, what’s the catch?” Surely there was a catch. It’s too perfect. There should be a downside to this job—everything has.

“Well, we’re hiring you as the temporary fiancé of the CEO.” Yoongi froze at this—of course it was going to be like this. It was too good to be true! “We’ve prepared a character background for you, as the part time fiancé, but if you don’t want to do this.” His eyes flitted over to Seokjin who had been silent this whole time.

Said man only raised a brow at him, “the door is unlocked. You can walk away.” Seokjin drawled and smirked at him. As if he was mocking or challenging him to reject the offer.

But then he remembered that he had a debt to pay and they were barely getting by from the meager salary his mother received every month. Working in the flower shop hadn’t even been that helpful, anyway. This, however, was like a golden ticket. An opportunity that would never come in his life again.

Yoongi cleared his throat and looked at Namjoon, “Where do I sign?”

⋟⋇⋞

When Yoongi exited the office, he lingered outside, calming his breath—his mind especially. He can’t believe he just got hired as the fake fiance of the most heartless and ruthless human being known to man.

He looked down on the contract he signed. There was a stipulation that he had to move into the man’s condominium and he could already imagine how that would bode for him. What’s he gonna do there, anyway?


  ‘Joon, did you see him? Oh my god, he looks so adorable? Is that even possible?’


  ‘Hyung shut up, what if someone walks in here while you’re being like this?’


  ‘Oh pshh, as if that’s gonna happen. Did you see how shocked he look when he saw me? The poor thing. He probably thought I was gonna eat him alive.”


  “Ugh. Hyung. I swear, if someone hears you, all our work is going to crumble.”


  “Not gonna happen. Come on, let’s go down, I’m getting peckish.’

Yoongi frowned that’s... the wolf king, right? He sounded cheerful and, well, very unlike the rumours. He didn’t sound aloof.

He sounded like... Jungkook. Like his brother when he was whining whenever he didn’t get what he wanted.

Yoongi realized that Kim Seokjin was no wolf. He was a puppy.

The door to the office oppened and Seokjin stepped out first, freezing instantly when he saw Yoongi still standing there, looking dumbfounded, mouth slightly agape.

“Oh .”

Then Namjoon came out as well, “what? Did you forget some—” He paused when he saw Seokjin looking at a surprised Yoongi. Namjoon sighed. “I knew this was going to happen at some point.”

Yoongi pointed an accusing finger at the two of them.

“You, he, what, lie?” He stammered out, hand shaking. He just found out something crucial that could change a lot of things.

“Long story,” Namjoon muttered sourly as he tugged Seokjin to keep it together. The older nodded and smiled at Yoongi apologetically.

“I need the wolf act so the board members wouldn’t try to take me out of my position as CEO. As well as the government so they would stop harassing us with absurd tax. Like Joonie said, it’s a long story. I hope you understand and don’t tell anyone.”

“I, I promise I won’t.” Yoongi heard himself say and thought of all the things he heard about the Seokjin.


  ‘It’s all an act. He’s not a horrible human.’

Namjoon cleared his throat and pointed toward the end of hallway, “how about we go and discuss this while having lunch?”

“Works for me. How about it, Yoongi-ssi? Consider it a supervised date with your future husband.” Seokjin said and winked at him. Yoongi could only nod, his brain a little slow with processing the information.

⋟⋇⋞

When Yoongi returned back home, he found Jungkook standing outside their house, as he watched some strangers take their furniture out, frozen in horror. He spotted the mastermind—Jung Hoseok giving instructions to the big men, dressed in questionable hawaiian shirts and khakis, who did the grunt work.

“Hey!” Yoongi shouted as he jogged toward Hoseok and his brother.

“What the , Hobi?” He asked as he gave the younger a punch in the gut. Hoseok yelped at the impact, grimacing at Yoongi.

“My old man is insistent, hyung! I had to bargain! He said he’d have yours or Kook’s in there to work for him—and I know you don’t want that so I told him he can take some of your as collateral!”

“. How much was it again?”

He had owed the Jungs for Jungkook’s education and to pay for other things for the past, what? 5 years?

“uh, millions? Look, hyung. If you can pay at least 25% of what you borrowed years ago, then at least dad would be appeased. He’s kinda desperate and the Mins owe the largest sum of money.”

Yoongi just wanted for the ground to swallow him alive and never spit him back out. He’d rather be burried alive at this point— he didn’t even have 1,000,000 won in his bank account!

“Well, how much time do I have Hobi?” Yoongi prayed that Mr. Jung would at least give him a month—that way, he won’t have to struggle.

“A week.” Came Hoseok’s somber response and Yoongi visibly stiffened. A week wasn’t enough! It was too fast! How the hell was he supposed to get at least 10 million won?

“Hyung, I’ll help—maybe I can get a part time job...” Jungkook pipes in and Yoongi merely glared at him.

“No, you’re going to finish college and focus on studying, kook.” He asserted and gave his younger brother a gentle pat on the shoulder, “I’ll find a way, don’t worry.”

He’d have to ask the Kims if they could give him an advanced payment. They could even change the stupid contract since it said that they were paying him at the end of his service to Seokjin.

When they entered their house, Yoongi's brows only met into a furrow. Perhaps he shouldn't have spent the whole afternoon with Seokjin and Namjoon. Maybe he would have prevented Hoseok from taking most of his appliances (his tv, desktop and refrigerator were now gone--even the three electric fans they kept in each room were gone!)

He instructed Jungkook to stay with their aunt for the time being--until he sorts everything out. Hopefully their mum would be reasonable enough to not start World War III with their aunt because that's their only choice now.

⋟⋇⋞

[to: kim 2]

can i get adv pay?

[from: kim 2]

No.

[to: kim 2]

please. need it 2 keep my house :(

Yoongi can't believe he was begging. And using an emoticon!

[from: kim 2]

Please come to the restaurant tomorrow morning. We'll talk about it.

[to: kim 2]

thank you kim namjoon-ssi

[from: kim 2]

It's Seokjin hyung's call, not mine.

[to: kim 2]i

then tell him im grateful for his consideration

[from: kim 2]

Okay.

⋟⋇⋞

Yoongi reads over the new contract, frowning at the new and deleted clauses.

"Okay--here on section 4, I don't understand...? Am I signing up for a husband contract or a housekeeper contract...?"

Namjoon merely shrugs, "Well, if you wanted the money up front, we also need you to actually work, not just show up for public gatherings. How much do you need anyway?"

Seokjin, on the other hand, stays silent beside Namjoon, looking immaculate in his three-piece suit.

Yoongi chews on his bottom lip as he tries to remember how much he owed the Jungs and Jungkook's education on top of all that. "80 million won."

At this, Seokjin gives a low whistle, "Wow, you don't joke around when you loan money.” He says and shifts on his seat, leaning forward and flips through the contract.

Yoongi got the courage to glare at the older Kim, "I have people to keep alive, you ." the insult leaves his lips naturally. Yoongi was always one for being vulgar.

''How about we give this a try first? One week with Seokjin hyung, then we'll give the money." Namjoon offers. Yoongi parts his lips for a retort, but Namjoon beats him to it. "This or we cancel everything."

"Fine," He mutters petulantly and flips through the contract, his eyes surveying any weird thing. He finds none.

"Hold on, if it's a fake husband-slash-part time housekeeper contract, where's the rule of not to fall in love--or i don't know--skinship clause?"

Namjoon rolls his eyes at this, "Seokjin hyung and I thought that it would be pointless. You're getting paid. You better be professional about this. As for skinship, Whatever's comfortable for you and what would be appropriate for appearance's sake is enough. You're both adults. I'm sure you can figure those out."

Yoongi's eyes trail towards Seokjin who was trying his best not to laugh. "What? You're not gonna say anything? What if you fall for my charm and dashing good looks?"

Seokjin scoffs. "Shouldn't I be asking you that? Besides, you don't have to worry, Yoongi-ssi. This is not one of those afternoon dramas you watch on TV." He drawls with a gesture of his hand, as if accusing Yoongi of watching lewd and questionable television programs.

"I don't even watch those!" Yoongi protests, crossing his arms across his chest with a huff.

Namjoon clears his throat and the two turn their attention to him with raised brows. "Anyway, Since Seokjin hyung just cancelled his housekeeping service, please move in tonight as the earliest and tomorrow morning as the latest." Yoongi sort of wanted to tear up the contract and walk out of the restaurant like a character off a drama. However, he wasn't a character in a drama and he was desperate for the money.

"Fine."

So, that's how Yoongi finds himself in Kim Seokjin's humble abode (a unit that takes up the whole 6th and 7th floor of the condominium building) inventorying Seokjin's things and making a quick treasure map like what he would do in the flower shop. If anyone would ask him, he would reason out that it would make navigating around the condominium easier. (What if Seokjin was suddenly looking for something Yoongi never saw--how was he to look for it? How would he know if they needed groceries? Are there enough eggs or water to last the week?)

Namjoon was at least kind enough to write down Seokjin’s dislikes (there wasn’t much, to be honest) but he did have one small problem: he only knew how to fry and boil and at least Jungkook wasn't a picky eater. Seokjin, on the other hand, seemed to be a gourmand.

His first day (he moved in the morning because he had to pack whatever’s left of his things at home) was all about getting acquainted with the house and familiarising his own schedule--as well as synchronising everything to Jin's. Apparently, he also needed to complete a language course, etiquette class and basics on business administration in two weeks.

On his fourth day, He was almost done inputing details on the laptop Seokjin loaned him when he decided to text his brother.

[to: kookie]

found a way to get our back from hobi

[from: kookie]

hyung D: pls tell me u didnt sell ur kidneys D:

[to: kookie]

tf? ofc not. but kinda.

[from: kookie]

Did u become an ????? D:

[from: kookie]

don't sell urself cheap!!!!!!

[to: kookie]

NO! I'm like a part time personal assistant to seokjin

[from: kookie]

THE KIM SEOKJIN??? D:

[to: kookie]

ye. so i wont be home for awhile

[from: kookie]

s'ok not like we have a home rn anyway :/

[to: kookie]

im sorry. hyung will get our home back :(

[from: kookie]

it's ok! at least mum & auntie r talkin again!

[to: kookie]

oh? thats good.

[from: kookie]

if u consider bickering good :'D

[to: kookie]

smh

[from: kookie]

btw a namjoon guy came here a few days ago?? asked abt u

[to: kookie]

and? what did u tell him?

[from:kookie]

nothing too weird. just some random things abt u and our family

since he's like cousins with ur new boss

[to: kookie]

hes also my boss. technically.

[from: kookie]

dw i didnt sell u out for ur freakiness

[to: kookie]

u lil . anyway. take care of mum, ye? & behave urself while ur @ auntie's.

[from: kookie]

ok hyung! love you! :-)