Final

In love with Doctor Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From young, you were never a person who was needy and demanding and would only hope to be able to spend time with your other half - cuddle with them at night, go on dates and have meals together. But even your basic thoughts and fantasy about being in a relationship, all just seemed like a dream when you started dating Jung Eunji, a doctor.

 

1. Your partner's working hours are probably not the same as yours.

 

You work as a financial analyst, a desk job that keeps you at the office from 9 to 5.

 

As you bid goodbye to your colleagues, you see that all of them were being picked up by their partners from work, to go out for dinner or to head home and spend the night together. 

 

"Beep!" - your phone lights up, showing that you got a message

 

From Meung: "Rongie, I'm leaving for work now. Not sure if you're off from work yet so I didn't want to call and disturb you. See you tomorrow morning. Love you •3•"

 

To Meung: "Okay baby, love you too"

 

And you're all alone again for the night.

 

You've gotten used to reaching home that is empty and quiet, and the dining table being piled up with various books and research papers scattered around, that Eunji must have been studying on before she left for work. Chuckling softly to youself, you headed to the kitchen to prepare your one-person dinner, instant noodles

 

Heading to bed alone has also became a routine. It is difficult to fall asleep at times especially when you miss Eunji cuddling you to sleep and singing for you as you fall asleep, and also imagine a small Chorong on a huge king-sized bed, it gets lonely and sad at times.
 


You grab Eunji's pillow, hugging and sniffling it and said "Goodnight Eunji-ya" before falling into deep slumber.
 


Mornings are less depressing though, as you sometimes wake up to the smell of bacon and fried eggs, and especially when the first thing you see when you wake up is the eye-smile that you fell in love with and a "Good Morning Rongie", meant that she is back from work.
 


That's all it takes to make your mornings.

 

2. They've forced you to redefine your idea of what "busy" means

 

Being a financial analyst, you have your busy times as well especially when there are big movements on the stock market which rocks the company's investments, causing you to have to work overtime for a whole week and even stay over in the office just to ensure that the company's finances are well taken care of amidst the crisis.

 

When you finally got a breather from the work, you decided to call Eunji for a meal after missing her for a few days. You dialled her number but it doesn't get through and you get a text from her two hours later.

 

From Meung: "Sorry baby, I was in the operating theatre for the past 12 hours and have another operation in 10 minutes. What's up?"

 

To Meung: "I'm done with my hell week at work, do you have time to meet up to eat? 8-8 "

 

From Meung: "Sorry :( I'm fully packed this week, I don't think I will be home too, gotta camp in the hospital for the next few days... I promise that I'll spend more time with you after I'm done with all these... I'm sorry Rong-ah..."

 

To Meung: "It's okay, please remember to have your meals on time and have sufficient sleep alright, love you"

 

From Meung: "Okies, Unnie you too. I got to go now, see you soon, love you"

 

As much as Eunji wants to keep to her promise to you and spend more time with you, more operations were being slotted into her schedule and as expected, Eunji spent her days in the hospital more, coming home lesser and lesser. You thought you were busy enough already, but obviously the doctor has doubted you wrong.

 

And that's because Jung Eunji, other than being in a relationship with you, is also in medicine.

 

3. You rarely make any fixed plans together.

 

"Eunji-ya wake up~ We're going to the beach today! It's such a rare opportunity that you don't have to work so we better make use of this time wisely," you sat down at the side of the bed trying to wake up your sleeping girlfriend.

 

"Five more minutes..." Eunji mumbled, pulling the blanket over her head.

 

"I'm almost done preparing for the picnic! Hurry wake up~" you whined at Eunji, shaking her to wake up.

 

Seeing no response, you thought of something and smirked. You lower your body towards her, your mouth next to her ear.

 

"I'm going to bring my new set of my bikini for the beach"

 

Eunji's eye immediately opened wide and she sat up quickly saying, "I'M UP! I'M UP! LET'S GO!!!"

 

Laughing at your ert girlfriend, you hit her lightly and pushed her out of the bed and into the toilet, making sure that she washes up quick so that you two can head to the beach as soon as possible.

 

It is a once in a blue moon ocassion that Eunji told you that she didn't have to work and you two immediately planned to have a time to rejuvenate yourselves and have a fun time together. You've been waiting for this day since she told you about this free day of hers three weeks back and being so excited about it, you woke up two hours before this just to cook the food for the picnic and prepared each ingredient with lots of care. 

 

You headed towards the kitchen and went to prepare the last bit of food, using rice to make a shape of the face of a panda and cutting out seaweed pieces as its eyes, ears and nose, putting it into a lunchbox. 

 

"Rong ah, what did you prepare for later?"

 

You felt warmth engulfing you as a pair of toned arms circled around your waist as you concentrated on perfecting the lunchboxes.

 

"I packed some rice balls, tteokbukki, sandwiches, sushi, dumplings and not forgetting your favourite alcohol. I brought beer only since soju will be too much at the beach, I don't want you to get drunk and go around running there," you replied Eunji as you continued to work on the food.

 

"Hey, my alcohol tolerance is not that weak" Eunji rebutted.

 

"Says the one who started singing so loudly in the middle of the night when we were celebrating Bomi's birthday that the neighbour complained"

 

"That's just my normal voice level, it's not like you haven't heard louder screams from me at night," Eunji teasingly said.

 

You face heated up as you blushed and shouted, "YA! Go away, I need to put this into the bag"

 

Eunji laughed at your actions and started to pinch your cheeks saying, "Oh my, why is our Chorongie so cute when she's so shy"

 

Eunji pecked your cheek and went back to the room to get her bag. You placed the lunchboxes in the bag and counted the items, making sure that you got everything that you needed for the picnic. 

 

The two of you took your bags and were ready to leave for the beach when Eunji's phone started to ring.

 

"Hello?" she picked up the phone and as you see her listen intently, her expression started to fade and you start to suspect that it is a call from the hospital.

 

"Alright, I will be there soon." Eunji ended the call and inmediately pouted at you.

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

"It's alright, we can always do this another time. Lives can't be saved a second time," you felt disappointed about your plans but still tried to cheer Eunji up.

 

Eunji nodded and rushed back into the room to change her outfit and got ready to head back to the hospital. The hospital called because they needed Eunji to do an emergency surgery on a car accident victim. You helped get ready her bag and made sure that all her necessities are inside and also placed one of the lunchboxes that you prepared eariler, into her bag.

 

"I'm really sorry baby... I'll make it up another time... I promise... I still want to see you in the new bikini..." Eunji walked out of the room towards you and you passed the bag over to her.

 

"Alright alright, stop with the apologies and get going. If you don't come back successful, no bikinis for you," you fixed Eunji's outift and pushed her towards the door.

 

She gives you one last peck on the lips before bidding goodbye and headed towards her car, leaving for the hospital.

 

Closing the door, you looked at the bag of food and sighed.

 

"Beep!" you receive a notification on your phone.

 

From Yongdonnie: "Chorong! Do you want to hangout? I heard from Moonbyul that Eunji got called back to the hospital and wondered if you would be alone for today."

 

To Yongdonnie: "Sure, I have some food with me and I'll bring them over. Will be there in 10."

 

You smile to yourself thinking Well things aren't that bad afterall when you have a friend in the same boat as you

 

4. But on the rare ocassion that they can commit to a date and a time, it makes you really happy

 

"Chorong unnie, aren't you leaving yet?" you co-worker and best friend Bomi shouted across the office.

 

You checked your watch, 6.30PM. Eunji was supposed to pick you up for dinner tonight since your reservation was at 7. She can't be bailing on me tonight again right...?

 

Wanting to double check, you picked up your phone and was about to open your messages when a bouquet of flowers appeared in front of your face.

 

"Surprise!" 

 

"YA! You almost gave me a heart attack..."

 

Regaining from the shock, you see your eye-smile girlfriend holding her stomach with one hand laughing at you, and the other holding onto a big bouquet of flowers.

 

"JUNG EUNJI! Why did you do that," you whined as stood up and started hitting her.

 

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. Forgive me and accept the flowers? We're going to be late soon, my Lady."

 

"Alright, I accept the flowers and forgive you. Hold it for me first, I gotta pack up my things."

 

Bomi walked over and greeted and hugged Eunji, "Ji! It has been so long since I last saw you, it must be so difficult being a doctor huh?"

 

"Bbom-ah! It's so good to see you again, things get so hectic at the hospital that I literally live in the hospital now and Rong has been complaining that I haven't spent much time with her. I guess it's more difficult being my girlfriend than me being a doctor," Eunji chuckled as she returned the hug.

 

"Well bud, I guess you've got yourself a super loyal girlfriend who will stick with you throughout even though you two barely see each other. It's just like a long distance relationship but worse. On top of that, there are many people who are lining up to ask her out these days but she's still stuck with you till now wow...." Bomi spilled some beans that Chorong told her NEVER to tell Eunji. Bomi immediately covered after realising what she said. Oops... 

 

"Who is asking MY CHO-"

 

Your eyes widen as you hear what Bomi just said and swept everything else on your table into your bag before grabbing Eunji by the arm, "Well, I guess we better get going if not we'll miss our dinner reservation. Bye Bomi! See you next Monday!" Not forgetting to shoot daggers at Bomi with your eyes before dragging the still struggling Eunji, wanting to know more about your admirers from Bomi, out of the office.

 

"YOON BOMI YOU BETTER TELL ME EVERYTHING WHEN I TEXT YOU!!!"

 

Finally getting your jealous girlfriend into the car, Eunji started to demand an answer from you, "What was that about? Who are those idiots trying to hit on you? The dudes at your office? Changsub? Hyunsik? Eunkwang? Ilh-"

 

"STOP! Jung Eunji, listen up. Firstly, yes, there were people who tried to ask me out BUT I rejected all of them and told them that I am attached. Secondly, remember that I will only love you and only you so you don't have to worry about me running away for someone else and thirdly, we are really going to be late if we continue to bicker about this, let's leave this aside and go for our dinner first, please?" you tried to reason things out with your childish girlfriend.

 

Eunji sighed and reluctantly agreed before starting the engine, leaving your office building.

 

The trip to the restaurant was dead silent. Eunji was focusing on driving and you didn't know what to say, not wanting to ignite another spark to your already fuming girlfriend.

 

Upon reaching the fancy restaurant, the waitress led you two to your table and took your orders. Sitting opposite each other, Eunji was the one who broke the ice when she pouted and said, "I feel so threatened by all these people now... How can I not get jealous when my girlfriend is so pretty and everyone wants to steal her away from me..."

 

You chuckled softly at how cute Eunji was and placed your hand over hers on the table, looking at her right in her eyes, reassuring her, "I feel really threatened by all those smartass, rich and good-looking doctors in your hospital who wants to chase after you too, you know? However I trust that you won't leave me for those people and trust me too, you're all I need alright? I love you just too much."

 

Eunji finally broke into a smile and placed her hand on your cheek, caressing it saying, "I love you too. Happy Anniversary baby."

 

"Happy Anniversary to us~ I'm just happy that you actually made it for the dinner and didn't cancel it last minute again like what you did last year because of work"

 

"Ah that..." Eunji nervously laughed, looking sorry, "I tried escaping from the hospital but they used the PA system to page for me to attend to an emergency case and I just couldn't get away from work. I still feel so bad about that... I wanted to plan more than this dinner for our anniversary this year and I tried to make a reservation at your favourite restaurant but they were fully booked even though I offered them triple the reservation fees and also I couldn't take more time off today because of a scheduled operation eariler. Sorry..."

 

"Hey, stop apologising already okay? I'm more than happy that I get to have dinner with you on our anniversary. You didn't have to feel bad about the location because even if we go to a fast food restaurant or eat instant noodles at home, I'll be equally happy as long as I'm spending time with you."

 

"Cheesy," Eunji chuckled. "Oh right, did I tell you that I'm totally free tonight because I got Moonbyul to cover my shift to spend the whole night with you. We can finally get down to business. Oh boy, I can't wait to go home now," Eunji then started to show a naughty smirk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter