What we love

Pink Rose (장미 분홍색 )

I could hear voices from afar but couldn’t understand them. My eyelids were closing by themselves. I was in a big comfortable bed with red velvet covers and without knowing I fell asleep. When I woke up, Minho was sat next to me.

“How are you?”

“I don’t know. How should i be feeling?” I replied.

“You will work for the palace. I named you Mi Yeong, it means beautiful flowers. It’s too dangerous for you to go outside.” he explained to me.

“Mi Yeong” I repeated. “I like it.”


“Good morning!”

It was the 7th good morning form Eun Hui since Mi Yeong’s journal had disappeared. She was really moved by this incident. It was as if her spirit had left her body. She cut herself with her tools, she cut herself with the roses and she stumbled on every rock on paths. She was so useless that her manager changed her mission. She was in charge of changing the dead flowers in the King’s quarter. After breaking 5 vases, she was asked to not touch anything anymore.

“Mi Yeong, please, I’m begging you… Stop touching thing! Right? That’s for my own sake.” wined her manager.

So here she was sitting on the first bench she sat on. She was starring soulless at the button roses that were still blooming. “It’s the Crown Prince tree.” Eun Hui echoed in her head. What did it mean?

Suddenly some royal faces popped up from the green bushes. The little Prince walked heading to the rose tree. As it was still a clumsy walk his nanny was holding his both hands to help him. But for a strange reason, when Mi Yeong’s eyes met his, he totally let go the old lady to walk to her. He almost fell and Mi Yeong walked the distance to avoid him from being hurt. Her hands were on his sides just under his armpits. He seems so precious and fragile.

“Prince Min Gyeong, you should be careful.” Mi Yeong told him softly.

Min Gyeong couldn’t talk yet so he didn’t answer. However, at the sound of her voice he smiled. She sat back on the bench, still holding his hands so he could stay up. He let go his hand and grabbed her pants instead. He wasn’t taking of his eyes of her.

“Min Gyeong” said a small girl voice from afar. “Daddy told us to not disturb Mi Yeong.”

Min Ah took her brother’s hand into hers and tried to pull him away.  But the baby didn’t move. He looked at the gardener and stretched his hand to ask for being picked up. Min ah frowned.

“Min Gyeong, don’t do that!”

She pulled one more time, but Min Gyeong yelled still stretching his free arm in direction of Mi Yeong. He freed himself from his sister and ran to her once again. He placed himself in front of her grabbing both legs of her pants into his small hands. His eyes were asking for something, they were saying something. But Mi Yeong couldn’t understand.

“Crown Prince! That is enough!” Min Ah scolded him.

“It’s okay, Princess Min Ah. Don’t scream at him. He is still a baby. Prince Min Gyeong, you should go with your sister, hum?”

The boy’s eyes filled with sadness and grabbed his sister’s hand and walked away.

Wandering without goals in the huge palace garden, she was staring at the sky. The Prince gave her a strange feeling. Last time, when he was feverish, he calmed down and slept into her arms. And today, he was staring at her with a strange aura. Min Ah also was always strange next to her. The Princess rarely talked to her, ignored her and avoided any eyes contacts.  In some, both children behavior disturbed her because they are known for theirgood education and politeness. Why would they act that way with her?

Mi Yeong sighed deeply. She missed her journal and now she was overthinking about the siblings.

 

The Dowager Queen Min Young was sat at her small desk tastefully decorated with gold. She was looking at the black leather book on it. She wanted to read it, but was scared of what she would find in it. Actually, there was one thing she hoped she wouldn’t find in it. Something she would really hate. She asked all her female companions to go out and leave her alone. She wanted to read it without being disturbed. More, she wanted the content to be secret for everyone. Only she shall know, and only she shall react. She caressed the cover and opened it.

 

Guided by her feet she found herself facing the old house in the back of the garden. She was not authorized to be here. Why would her feet lead her to that exact place? She caressed the wood of the door and turned tail, but couldn’t go far because her head hit something.

“Mi Yeong.” Minho giggled.

She walked back a bit and faced her encounter.

“Your highness” she said back.

Some bells rang in her head and she stood right.

“It’s not what you think, I got here by mistake.” she justified herself waving her hands. “I know I’m not allowed.”

Minho laughed at her confused face. “It’s okay, Mi Yeong. I followed for a while. I know you were just somebody wanting to disappear into the sky. What happenned ? Tell me.”

They walked together for a while getting far away from the bad memory place and sat on a bench in his private garden.

“I see, you lost something you really love.”

“Is it love? I just feel awful because I messed up my room from roof to floor but couldn’t find it. That book was precious to me.”

“It is what we call love. When something is really precious, maybe even more important than you, then this is what we call love.”

His words echoed in her mind. “More important than me.” She repeated. At those words, only one image popped out of her brain: Minho. Minho was really important; Minho was someone really, really precious for her. She couldn’t hear him anymore. Well she could hear his wonderful voice, but couldn’t understand anymore. She was admiring his features. She couldn’t find him any flaw. His skin was so pretty, his eyes so powerful, his nose well drawn, his lips… She swallowed hardly.

“Mi Yeong, are you listening?”

She took her eyes off his lips to look into his eyes but wasn’t a so good idea. Her heart was beating too fast. “I think I love you.” She let out without even thinking before. She realized what she just said and covered with her hands and stood up. She looked at Minho to see if he heard it and obviously he did because he was frozen as if ice had filled his body. Seeing that reaction, Mi Yeong ran away.

 

The old Queen opened the book to the first pages that were blank, when suddenly she reached a page with a small message. The message she feared was here.

“From the first day I met you I saw you for you who you are and not for what you are.

You shouldn’t let people touch your feel because they only see what you are.

What you are doesn’t define who you are. You are someone kind, soft and caring. You are really someone great. Never forget that.

Once what you are will be more important than whom you are, then look into you to find you again. I know you will be someone good and will do extra well in your work.

Never give up your inner self for other.

-From someone loving you sincerely.”

 

She closed the book and throw it at the other side of the room with a lot of rage.

 

Minho stayed on the bench for a long time after Mi Yeong left. He didn’t know how to take that information. He was a mix of feeling. Ga Eun kept coming to his mind and he started feeling guilty to think about Mi Yeong. He felt guilty to think that she was cute, guilty because her confession actually made his heart beat faster. He was guilty because… because, because her words touched him.

“Ga Eun…” he whispered in the air. “I miss you…”

 

As Mi Yeong ran around still covering with her hands, she jostled Eun Hui. Her friend looked at her so strangely. It was as if for a moment, she hated her. But her expression changes as a lighting.

“Mi Yeong! What are you running from?”

“I ran from my stupidity.” She answered from behind her hands.

“I can’t hear you girl! Take your hands away from your face.” She puffed.

“I ran away from my stupidity” she said a 2nd time.

The 2 friends were now sat on Mi Yeong bed. She had explained everything on their way to her room. Eun Hui was out of her mind. She was angry arguing around how stupid she was, how a simple gardener could be the King’s partner? After she had emptied her rage, she left the room letting Mi Yeong alone in silence.

She was right. How did she dare fall in love with a King? Worse, how could she hope for him to love her back?

 

Jong Suk had joined Minho in the garden and sat on the bench too. He listened to Minho on what just happened. The bodyguard let him fall against the back of the bench.

“What are you going to do?” he just asked.

“I don’t know. It’s maybe time to tell her.” Minho concluded.

“You said you would wait until it was coming back.”

“I know but… It hurts Jong Suk, it hurts so much.”

A silence followed their conversation. Jong Suk wasn’t looking at him but he knew it. His King was crying. He was crying as much as the day Ga Eun disappeared.

 

Mi Yeong missed her journal so much. She wanted to write her frustrate soul. She wanted to give it all her feelings so that she could gave up on them. She was scared to cross the King in the palace, how could she face him? What should she do… seriously what?

Mi Yeong was walking up and down in her small room looking for a solution. Maybe she should go and tell him to forget, tell him that it was a joke? How could he trust that? It was obvious that it was real with how she reacted. She could avoid him but she was an employee of his quarter. It was totally impossible… Maybe she should… escape?

She stopped her walk at this thought. She looked at her door. This place and the palace was all she knew. During the whole year she spent as amnesiac, she never walked out of here. The out world was a complete mystery; it was like jumping from a mountain with closed eyes. Was she brave enough to escape into the “wild”?

After thinking for an hour to weight the pros and cons, she took a bunch of clothes, some bathroom stuffs and took a picture of the painting on her desk. She was ready to leave. She grabbed the door handle but didn’t go out.

“Maybe I should leave a note.” She thought.

After writing the small message she opened her door, took a deep breath and walked out.

 

“It’s me, your majesty” the Queen spy asked in front the door.

The old Queen let her in. “What is it?” she was really grumpy, that book really disturbed her.

“Something happened. I think you should go meet our King Minho before anything is done” she told her before giving more details.

“WHAT?!”

The old Queen threw objects at her spy. “How did this happened!? What did you do during all this year!? I told you to avoid this kind of incident! I told you to make them apart!”

The lady bowed and apologies to her master. “What do you want me to do now?”

"Find out how she got the book!"

The Dowager Queen sent her away without looking at her. “Do your job well, and your family will be out of problem.”

Hiii!!

Huum don't you think the King's childrenare strange? 

What will is this diary? Why does it bother the Queen so much? 

Why does the Queen hate our Mi Yeong so much ?? 

Right! Right!? 

So many questions.. and so few answers...

See you on the next Chapt !! 

xx Lexie