Where we belong

Pink Rose (장미 분홍색 )

“Hey madam, are you alright?”

My head was so blank that I didn’t hear a girl coming near to me. So to show me her presence, she touched my shoulder softly. I took my eyes away from the rose tree and looked at her. She was a small, short haired girl with cute brown eyes and red lips.

“Are you alright madam?”

“Where am I?”I asked her. “Who are you?”

“Madam…? I’m Eun Hui, one of the gardeners. You really don’t look good.”

“Eun Hui… where am I?”

 

WtcAyta.png

 

Another day started and Mi Yeong was still amnesiac. She was tired of being an empty head. When people around her were talking about what they did back in the past she envied them. She wished she could do the same.

“Tonight it’s my girl’s birthday! Should have seen her when she was a little girl, she was the cutest!”

“Oh, yes I remember when you brought her here to show everyone! She was a really bright baby!”

Mi Yeong didn’t stay longer with those people talking about their past. It was frustrating. She just went to do her job. At least plants were not talking. They were just here waiting for someone to take care of them. In a way, Mi Yeong was a bit like those trees. She was trying to be beautiful for someone to take care of her.

She would cut some flowers and branches away but didn’t throw them. She always kept the ones she cut to make a bouquet to keep in her room. It was a bit of color and prettiness into her so not personalized staff room.

She just had finished her row when she felt someone pulling a bit of her gardener uniform. She turned and faced the little Princess. She didn’t say a word but grabbed her hand and lead her out of the greenhouse.

“Princess, where are you taking me?”

No answer.

“Princess… I can’t leave my job like this. I will have trouble…”

Still no answer.

The corridors and rooms passed before her eyes but still the Princess was taking her away. Then finally, she let Mi Yeong’s hand go and show a room with her finger.

“You want me to go there?”

Min Ah nodded and ran into the room before Mi Yeong moved. What was so important and so urgent in that room for the Princess to act that weirdly? She softly pushed  the green/blue door and entered only to be flooded by very high baby cries.

“Prince, please be calm. I know you are tired and a bit feverish but please calm down.” The governess was trying to stop him crying.

“Excuse me…”

“What? Who are you? What are you doing here! I’m busy!”

“Princess Min Ah brought me here. I think she was worried…”

The governess gave her a look for the first time since she entered and lift her eyebrow. She gave a look at the small girl that signed her to give Mi Yeong the baby. A sign that surprised Mi Yeong because she thought she was hated by Min Ah. The governess wasn’t moving so the little Princess pushed the old lady in front of Mi Yeong. As she didn’t do a move she pushed her again and stared at Mi Yeong with deadly eyes.

Mi Yeong then grabbed the young Prince and rocked him.

“It’s okay little boy, it’s going to be ok, calm down, you need to rest baby.”

Mi Yeong then sang a lullaby. Min Gyeong still cried for 3 more minutes until he totally calmed down.  He even fell asleep on her shoulder at the big surprise of the nanny.

“How did you do that? It is always so complicated to make him sleep…”

She placed the baby boy into his bed, tucked him in and faced the old lady. However she couldn’t say a word since the Princess chased her out of the room. She then locked it up leaving the gardener alone clueless.

“What happened? Where were you? I had to lie to our manager because of you!” Eun Hui called out.  

“Did you know the Prince was sick?” Min Yeong just asked back.

“He has been, since the Queen’s death, he is having recurring fevers.”

“I see, poor baby.”

She didn’t ask more and even listened to all Eun Hui’s scolding and just went back to her work. That little boy was only a year and was already motherless. She couldn’t forget how it felt to have the little Prince sleeping on her chest. How warm that feeling was, how good she felt having Min Gyeong in her arms. She couldn’t explain it but somehow she had felt secured.

 

Minho hurried to his children’s quarter. His son was ill once again. He heard that all the children’s staffs tried to find the reason and a solution to his recurring fevers but they found nothing. They were just trying to make it easier for the one year old Crown Prince. At least they knew that the presence of Min Ah and Minho was making it easier for him. On his way he met his beloved daughter.

“Cupcake! How is your brother?” He asked patting her head.

“He is fine. I made what was necessary.” Min Ah just answered before going into her room.

Once in the boy bedroom, he sat on the small bed and watched his son sleeping. He stayed there talking to his son words he wanted him to keep secret. Once finished he got out and asked to see the governess.

“What happened? Why didn’t you call me sooner?”

“I am sorry your Highness, Princess Min Ah brought some gardener here and the boy fell asleep in her arms. So as the problem was solved I thought that it wasn’t necessary to call you here. I am sorry I made a mistake.” She bowed to her King.

He couldn’t believe what he heard and without a look for the old lady he entered Min Ah room.

 

Footsteps were echoing into the palace and on the windows of the greenhouse. Footsteps that stopped in front of Mi Yeong

“Stand up!” The King’s voice said loudly to the lady.

His words made her jumped and fell on the floor.

“UP!” He repeated.

She stood up quickly not looking him into his eye. He grabbed her wrist and lead her away in an empty corridor.

“Don’t do that ever again.” Minho started “Stay where you should be, please. Stop going everywhere without asking your manager.”

“It was a request from Princess Min Ah, your highness…”

“She is 6 years old… She is a kid! Can’t you just listen to me, hum? Just stay in the garden.”

Mi Yeong bowed before agreeing to his word. Why should she stays in between walls when this palace is huge? Why couldn’t she be free of mind? The King was heading away but before he was too far she called him out.

“Then can’t your majesty go meet his children at least once a day? I heard the little Crown Prince is always feverish since our Queen’s death. I am sure it is only because he feels lonely. He needs his parents, he needs your attention and…”

She couldn’t finish her pleading because on Minho’s face a tear was just showing. She stayed quiet until he was totally out of sight. Did she say something bad?

 

Minho was locked into his office the portrait of his father was his only companion.

“Father what should I do? Each time I see Min Gyeong I can’t help myself but see Ga Eun. This kid looks too much like his mother. No… in fact this kid is the last thing Ga Eun gave me since she disappeared… It’s too painful…”

He walked to a small chest next to his desk and took a bottle of cognac and glass to sink his sadness.

 

Back to her room, Mi Yeong wrote into her diary.

 

2018년9월10일

Where we belong

Why do people must stay at their place? Why can’t someone change when someone else ask for it?

Where was the me before this place? Was I someone with high blood? Was I someone with low blood? Why can’t I remember? Sometime I have reflex from both and I don’t know how or  why? can I be both?

I don’t like where I belong, but well I have nowhere else to go…

 

“Come in.”

A woman walked into the dowager Queen’s appartement.

“Have you heard of the incident? What happened?” the Queen asked her spy.

“I donnot know, your majesty, but nothing to say concerning the case. It was the Princess's doing.”

“I see. I’ll talk to Min Ah. You may leave.”

The woman bowed and left the place.

 

Hey! 

Here is chapter 2!

How did you like it? Wondering who is that "woman", spy of the old queen? 

Wondering why the queen would even spy an amnesiac woman right? 

Well.... I won't answer =3 You'll need to read the whole story! ;) 

See you next month, guys! 

Like, comment, upvote~ 

Love 

Lexie