Birthday X-Mas

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

Jacob and Sangyeon are about to leave the dorm to go shopping one afternoon, but then Eric stops them. 

"Where are you guys going?"

"Shopping." Jacob answers. 

"Can I come?" 

"No, we're shopping for you." Jacob tells him. 

"Oh. Is it because my birthday is coming up?" 

"That reminds me, we're going to just forget about your birthday and go straight to Christmas." Sangyeon says. 

"What?! We aren't going to celebrate my birthday? It is just going to be ignored?" 

"Don't be so dramatic kiddo. Now, we are going to get your Christmas/birthday presents." 

"NOOOOO!!" Eric yells, as they leave. 

"Eric, keep it down! We are trying to get our beauty sleep!" Hyunjae yells. 

Sangyeon and Jacob go to the shopping center to get gifts and supplies for Eric's birthday party. 

"Eric seemed so crushed about what we told him. He really loves his birthday." Jacob points out. 

"Which is why this plan is great. His birthday will be a surprise because he will think we won't do anything on that day." Sangyeon responds. 

"What kind of party should we throw for him?" 

"Let's throw him a Pokemon party, he seems to really love that. Especially that rock character." Sangyeon says. 

"He will love that." 

Sangyeon and Jacob go to the party supplies store first and luckily, the store has a Pokemon party package, so they buy that and move on to buying gifts for Eric's birthday. 

The next day, Eric is very grumpy about how his hyungs have been ignoring his upcoming birthday. 

"Everyone, guess what special day is coming up soon?" 

"Christmas!" 

"No! My birthday." Eric responds. 

Everyone goes back to conversing in the practice room. 

"You guys are so evil!"

Later, that same day, Sangyeon and Jacob are watching television together when Eric complains again. 

"Hyungs! Can we please celebrate my birthday? We don't need a party or anything. I just want acknowledgement, a congratulations." 

"We told you to just wait until Christmas."

"You guys are evil hyungs. I'm going to run away and join a group who won't let Christmas overshadow my birthday." 

"Okay kiddo." Sangyeon replies. 

"I mean it, I'm going." 

"Bundle up, it's cold outside." Jacob advises. 

They know Eric would never actually leave, he just goes to his room instead. 

When it is Eric's special day, he just wants to lay in bed. New climbs down the bed and taps Eric. 

"Eric, wake up." 

"No."

"You don't want breakfast?" 

"No." Eric answers, putting his earbuds in and turning on some music. 

New leaves Eric laying on his bed, with a blanket over his head and facing the wall. Since Eric just wants to stay in bed all day, this gives the boys the perfect opportunity to set up the party. 

By noon, Eric is still in his bed, so Juyeon goes to get him. 

"Eric, wake up." 

Eric was asleep, he wakes up to see Juyeon holding a Pokemon birthday cake. Eric's face lights up. 

"Juyeon hyung! I knew I could always count on my favorite hyung." Eric says, hugging Juyeon. 

"Happy birthday, Eric." 

"Thank you." Eric says, hugging tighter. 

"You know, you shouldn't spend your birthday alone. Come out to the living room so you can be with all of us." 

"I don't want to be with the others. They are meanies." 

"No they're not. Follow me to the living room and come see." 

Once they enter the living room, the others start singing happy birthday and Jacob lights the candles. 

"Make a wish." 

Eric closes his eyes and blows out the candles, they all clap and cheer. 

"I thought you guys were going to disregard my birthday." 

"How could we pass over such an important day? We were just pranking you earlier." Hyunjae explains. 

"Yeah, we put your birthday gifts under the tree, you can open them now." 

Eric opens his gifts, which include: hats, stuffed animals, gummy candy, and lots of sweaters. They want to make sure their maknae is well dressed and warm. 

"Thank you guys." Eric says. 

"No problem." Younghoon says, pinching Eric's cheek. 

"Now that you opened your gifts, we have some fun games prepared just for you." 

"Can we play hide-and-seek?" 

"That is what I had planned first. Do you want to hide or seek?" 

"Hide." Eric decides. 

Hwall ends up being the seeker. He starts counting and everyone hides. Eric hides under the sink in the kitchen and waits for Hwall. When Hwall comes around, Eric tries really hard to hold back laughter. Either Hwall didn't hear him, or he lets Eric win, because Eric is the last one to be found. 

"Eric wins!" 

Just then, the doorbell rings. 

"That must be your birthday dinner." 

Sangyeon answers the door to get the food.

"I got your favorite pizza." 

"And I'm going to make you some of your favorite noodles." New adds. 

Eric is so happy he could cry. Pizza and his favorite noodles. The boys really do love him. They even feed him and wipe his mouth during dinner.

After dinner, they go to one of Eric's favorite places, the arcade. 

Eric beats all of them at every game they play, mostly because they let him win. 

At night, Eric thanks each and every one of the boys before he goes to bed. 

"Good night, Eric." 

"Stop growing up so fast." Jacob adds as they tuck Eric in. 

Eric smiles in response and then tells them both good night before they exit the room. 

In their room, Sangyeon reflects. 

"Eric really is growing up so fast. I remember when I first met him. He was still in middle school and even shorter than he is now." Sangyeon says. 

"Yeah. Well, he is a man now." 

"Whoa, don't go that far. He will always be maknae Eric to me. No matter how old he gets." Sangyeon replies, smiling at how well Eric has grown.