Sangyeon's Weekend Off

Sang Sang & Jake Jake

 

On a Friday night, The Boyz gather in the living room for a group meeting called by their leader. 

"Hyung, what's going on?" Juyeon asks. 

"I called all of you here to tell you that I am leaving next week."

"What?!" Hyunjae responds. 

"No!" Eric cries. 

"Hyung, how could you leave us?" Hwall questions. 

Sangyeon shushes the panic and tells them all to calm down. 

"I'm just leaving for the weekend, I have to go to a recording for a show about being a leader. You guys can manage. Especially because I'm leaving Jacob in charge while I'm gone." 

Sangyeon looks over at Jacob and rests his hand on his shoulder. 

"I know that you can do this, Jacob." 

Jacob is shocked by Sangyeon's decision, but smiles at him without resistance. 

-Next week, it is time for Sangyeon to go-

"Okay everyone, give me a hug before I leave for the weekend." 

They all hug their leader and he tells them to be good before he leaves. 

Day one is normal. They play games, watch television, and eat together like they usually do. Day two however, is totally different. 

The day begins with breakfast as usual. Afterwards, Q goes to the living room and turns the television on to Spongebob. The only problem with that is he watches it for five hours straight. 

"Okay Changmin, time to put on something else." Jacob says. 

"No! I want to watch Spongebob!"

"We don't all want to watch Spongebob 24 hours a day." Hyunjae argues from the other side of the couch. 

"Try to change the channel, I dare you." Q says, waving the remote in the air. 

Hyunjae chases Q around the living room. 

Jacob hears Younghoon and Juyeon arguing over a mirror, but decides to ignore that because he hears screaming and yelling coming from the kitchen and goes to see what the big issue is in there. He enters the kitchen to see Hwall, Sunwoo, and Eric chasing each other with condiment bottles as Haknyeon sits at the table watching and eating ice cream from the carton with a big spoon. 

"Ahhh!" Eric screams as Hwall hits him with a large squirt of ketchup. 

Eric runs after Hwall, but then Sunwoo squirts him with mustard. 

"Why is everyone getting me?" 

"Because you at this game." Sunwoo pauses. 

Eric takes this chance to squirt Sunwoo with his bottle of mayo. 

"Guys, how about we put those bottles back in the fridge. Haknyeon, you know that you need to eat ice cream from a bowl, not from the tub." 

They whine and tell Jacob to stop bossing them around, before going back to their activities and ignoring Jacob completely. Hwall runs after Sunwoo and misses his shot, which lands in the tub of strawberry ice cream. 

"Hey! You got ketchup in the ice cream!" Haknyeon yells. 

Sunwoo puts his bottle over Haknyeon's head and squeezes it. 

"And now you got mustard in your hair." Sunwoo says, quickly running away afterwards. 

Haknyeon ignores them and goes back to the ice cream, continuing to eat it despite the taste of ketchup. 

"Maknaes, I mean it. Stop right now." Jacob says.

He tries to make a face that will scare them into listening, but he fails at appearing threatening. They keep having their sauce fight and even take their mess throughout the house, leaving a trail of ketchup, mustard, and mayo behind them.

"Give me the teddy bear!" Kevin yells. 

"No, you had it already!" New yells back. 

"What now?" Jacob mumbles to himself, as he walks to the room where he hears the shouting coming from. 

"Can you two stop arguing? There is enough going on that I can't deal with." 

"Kevin stole my teddy bear!" New yells. 

"It's my bear! I need it to nap!"

"No I need it." 

The teddy bear that they are referring to is a brown teddy bear with a blue bow around its neck. Technically, it doesn't really belong to anybody. It's just a bear that Sangyeon bought for the members and told them that if they ever had nightmares, that this bear would protect them. He got it after Eric kept having frequent nightmares, and since Eric's nightmares pretty much stopped after using the bear, the members believe that the bears really does have powers to shield them from nightmares. 

"You don't need the bear, you have ten toys on your bed already!" Kevin snaps. 

"But I nap with this one on Sundays!"

"Guys, stop it. It is just a toy." 

"No it is not, it prevents nightmares." 

They continue to tug at it until it rips.

Kevin snatches the other half of the bear and runs away with it, leaving a trail of the bear's stuffing behind him. 

"Hey! Come back here!" New exclaims, running after Kevin. 

Jacob sighs and rubs his temples as he walks out of the room. 

"How does Sangyeon deal with all of them?" He thinks. 

Then Jacob remembers, "Sangyeon put me in charge and this what I let happen. He is going to be so disappointed in me.". 

Guilt washes over Jacob and he begins to cry in a nearby corner. 

"I let my hyung down." 

A few minutes later, Sangyeon enters the dorm to discover the chaos. The maknaes, and a large portion of the floor are covered in condiments, as they keep chasing each other around with bottles, Haknyeon is eating an entire tub of ice cream, Kevin and New are running around leaving stuffing all over the floor, Q and Hyunjae and fighting over the remote while Juyeon and Younghoon are still fighting over a mirror, and Jacob is crying in the corner. 

"What the heck is going on in here?!" Sangyeon yells. 

His loud voice causing everyone to freeze. 

"Look at this mess! What happened in here?! All of you go to your rooms now! Except you Jacob, you stay." 

The rest of them immediately run off to their rooms. 

As Sangyeon approaches Jacob, Jacob feels very nervous. 

"I'm sorry hyung. I know that I let you down." 

What Sangyeon does next surprises Jacob.

"It's alright, Jacob. Calm down. " Sangyeon says, giving him a hug. 

Jacob pulls away slightly to look at Sangyeon. 

"You mean it?"

Sangyeon nods. 

"But you put me in charge and I messed up and caused all of this." Jacob begins. 

"It is not your fault. They can get a little rowdy sometimes. I'm glad that it is only a mess this time, at least the house isn't on fire and nobody got hurt. That's all that matters, so I'd say you did a pretty great job."

Jacob doesn't beat himself up as much anymore, since he now has Sangyeon's reassurance. 

"I'm so glad that you're home now."

"Believe it or not, so am I." Sangyeon smiles. 

Sangyeon calls all the others out and makes them apologize before cleaning up the mess that they made. 

Jacob hopes that Sangyeon never leaves him charge for that long again. He now has a greater appreciation for Sangyeon as their leader.