Three

Doctor Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am just leaving the auditorium after my criminal law lecture when I hear my name being called from behind me. I immediately recognise the voice to be a close friend of mine, Sehun. I turn and he is leaning against the wall surrounded by other people that I am familiar with, but not as close with. Sehun and I have been to the same school since we were 16, having met when he transferred to my school from across the country. Back then, Sehun was a shy boy and I would like to think I was the first friend he made in the area. We didn’t hang out very often, as we were both in our own respective friendship groups, but when we did, we spent hours upon hours catching up with the latest things happening in each of our lives. Sehun bids a goodbye to the people he is with, knowing I am not typically the type of person that would go and join him being with his friends. He jogs over to where I am and gestures for me to continue walking, him following along beside me.

“Got any plans after this?” He asks, and I already know that this is one of those times that he wants to hang out.

“Nope,” I grin at him, already feeling excited to tell the taller boy about a particular somebody I have met recently.

“Pizza and a sleepover at my place tonight?” His grin matches mine and I nod rapidly.

“Let me just go home and drop off all my stuff and I’ll meet you there.” I tell him as we reach the carpark. I drove today and Sehun did too. It wouldn’t make sense for me to leave my car parked here all night when I needed it to get here in the morning.

“Need me to pick you up from your house?” He offers, pulling his keys out from his pocket and making them jingle. I notice the keyring I got him from Paris a few years ago still on his keys, in the shape of the Eiffel Tower.

“Nah, I’ll drive straight from your house to here. I have an 11am tomorrow.” I tell him and with a nod and a wave, Sehun turns and gets in his car. I had a lot to tell him.

Sehun and I are laying on his bed, my head rested on a pillow on the bottom of his legs. He is sat up right against the headboard and flicking through a comic. I am trying to convince him to put on a face mask with me, but he will not budge.

“It’s just a sheet mask, you baby. It’ll make your skin better.” I taunt, holding out a package to him, just for him to swat away my hand away and roll his eyes.

“I already have my own skin care routine,” he gestures to his face with his hand. “I don’t need your stuff to ruin it.” He smirks. I huff in reply, knowing that Sehun is far too stubborn and cares far too much about his skin to ever do anything out of the ordinary with it.

“Get a boyfriend and maybe he’ll do it with you,” he laughs at his own suggestion. I turn to face him with the best smile I can with the sheet drying on my face. I was hesitant on bringing up Baekhyun, but now I had the opportunity to talk about the doctor, I certainly wasn’t going to let it slip.

Sehun’s eyes widen in surprise, reading my smile as if I was telling him I do through the smile. “You have a boyfriend?” He asks in disbelief. Sehun knows that I haven’t ever really dated anybody seriously, only a few short flings here and there.

“Well, no,” I sigh. “But there is kind of… somebody? I am interested in.” I mumble and he pushes the comic to the side, now completely invested in what I am going to tell him. Sehun always teased me with these sorts of comments, and now that there is someone I have even a little something with, he is excited.

“Tell me everything.”

I peel of my mask, throwing it in the bin next to Sehun’s bed, and I tell him everything that happened between the doctor and I. From the first time we met, to the staring and him stopping me from leaving his office. Sehun listens throughout the story, nodding here and there, not interrupting once.

“Wait, you’re telling me he grabbed your arm like something out of a drama or some , gave you his number and you haven’t done anything about it?” he asks in disbelief, the shock evident on his face.

“How do I know he’s not married or something, Sehun?” I wince at the thought of it.

“Why would a married man give you his number?” He rebuts. Sehun has always been the type to say it as it comes. He is not one to sugar coat anything, his words not really processing before he says it. Sometimes, what he says can he hurtful, but I know he is not doing it with the intention to hurt.

“Well, yeah, but there are some sleazy men out there.” My logic doesn’t really make sense, I am aware, but I am scared. Scared that a man of such profession, and from what I can assume, age, will not want me once he gets to really know me.

“Sweetheart, he looked you dead in the eyes and told you he was looking for a girlfriend.” He deadpans.

“What do I do, Sehun? I really want to message him but I am so scar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter