Epilogue, Part Two

Doctor Byun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unedited. very time skippy, but an enjoyable ride none the less. tissues might be needed? very fluffy, probs too much

“Are you nervous?”

With Baekhyun and I’s marriage soon approaching, people very often ask me if I’m nervous about the ceremony. To be truthful - the answer is no. 

I’m not nervous because I know Baekhyun loves me. I know him, and his heart -- a piece of paper and rings will never do anything to change that for the both of us. 

What I am nervous for, however, is for the day to not go as planned. It’s not like we have an extravagant wedding planned or even that many things going on. There are only around fifty people coming to the actual ceremony, mainly being his side of the family. His nephew is the ring bearer, which Jaehyun is definitely more than excited about. (Baekbeom is his best man -- Baekhyun had cried when he asked him, which made me cry in turn, too.) I guess I’m more worried about trivial things - the weather, falling sick, not fitting in my dress anymore. 

“Not really, I don’t think,” I hum to my mom from the side of the kitchen. Baekhyun is working a night shift tonight, and I have taken a break after my legal practice course to plan our wedding and honestly, get a break from studying, so I had invited both of my parents over to cook them dinner. Since moving in with my fiance, I had really loved learning to cook. It was a treasured time for me to share with Baekhyun and rewind for the day, forget about everything else. “Just hope everything goes as planned, I suppose.”

“You’re not nervous? I was sweating with nerves the day of your mother and I’s wedding. I felt like I was going to pass out.”

“Why would I be?” I frown, pausing mixing the soup to look at my dad. Everybody has told me that they were so nervous before their wedding - it’s making me question whether I should be nervous or if I’m feeling the wrong things. Maybe it’s too far for nerves to kick in - even though it’s less than a month now. “I know he loves me. What’s the worst that could happen?” 

“Well… he could run away when he sees you in your dress,” my dad bluntly answers, making my mom gasp and hit him around the shoulder. I simply laugh at his response, knowing that yeah - that is the worst that could happen; but I know Baekhyun, and I know he wouldn’t do that, ever. “But I guess he loves you too much to do that, huh.”

For a second, I stop what I’m doing to take in what was said. At first, my dad was so hesitant of Baekhyun and I but for him to now notice how much Baekhyun loves me, makes me choke up a little bit. Knowing that my dad knows how cherished I am, makes me happier than I ever thought it would. 

“He does, indeed,” I hum softly, going back to stirring the food with a soft smile on my face.

About three weeks away from the wedding, Sehun texts me asking if he can come over. I frown at the text a little, considering he never usually asks, and never this seriously. Baekhyun, peering over my shoulder, reads the text. I turn the phone to face him so he can read it properly, and he raises his brows in questioning. He hums, after a while, letting me know he should come over now. 

Within fifteen minutes of replying to the text, the doorbell chimes. I shoot a weird look to Baekhyun, as it shouldn’t take Sehun this quick to get here when he lives on the opposite side of town. Glancing up to the doorbell screen by the front door that I can see from where I’m sitting on the sofa, I can vaguely see not just Sehun but another man stood next to him. I gasp loudly, jumping up from the sofa to run and pull the door open. 

Behind it is stood Sehun, holding hands with somebody, smiling sheepishly. Turning my gaze from Sehun to the unnamed person, my mouth drops open just slightly. I knew Sehun was seeing somebody, of course I did -- but I wasn’t expecting him to bring him here. 

From behind me, I can feel Baekhyun walk up to the door also. He places his hand on the door and opens it slightly, letting the men inside with a laugh, whilst I just stand there. 

Once they’re in the house, Sehun grips a little tighter to the hand he’s holding, coughing out a shy, “this is my boyfriend, Junmyeon.”

Baekhyun introduces himself first, shaking Junmyeon’s hand like the gentleman he is with a welcoming smile, whilst I repeatedly close and open my mouth.

Sehun has a lot of explaining to do.


 

A while later, once I had calmed down and processed the situation, I realise how well Junmyeon and Sehun fit together. I know Sehun was waiting for the ‘thing’ he had with his man to get a bit more serious for him to introduce Junmyeon to me, even to tell me his name, but I’m glad that Sehun feels happy and comfortable enough to do so now. Junmyeon tolerates Sehun’s bratty behaviour, watches him with curved eyes and a toothy grin. It’s sweet to see, almost making me tear up a little. 

“Does this mean you’re coming to our wedding, Junmyeon?” Baekhyun asks, his arm resting on the sofa behind where I’m sitting, tips of his fingers feathering against the skin of my shoulder. 

“I would be honoured,” he smiles, looking between his boyfriend and the both of us, “If Sehun wants me there too, of course.” 

“What if I cry?” Sehun frowns and I laugh loudly, knowing that despite his stern exterior, Sehun is a softie that loves Baekhyun and I wholeheartedly -- Baekhyun told me he had teared up when he told him he was going to propose but Sehun doesn’t know that I know that. “I don’t want you to see me cry.”

“I’ll cry with you, it’s okay,” Junmyeon rubs his hand along Sehun’s thigh in succour, and Baekhyun mockingly gags at the soft interaction. 

“You are in no place to gag at public displays of affection, Byun Baekhyun!” 

“Don’t be a baby, Baekhyun,” I giggle, leaning forward on the bathroom counter to try to reach him. I’m attempting to put a charcoal face mask on him, but he’s pulling away out of my reach and covering his face so I can’t. 

I sit on the sink counter, Baekhyun stood between my widened legs, hair pushed back with a fluffy bunny hairband. 

“It smells!” His nose crinkles in disgust, and he pulls his hands away from my thighs to stand on the other side of the bathroom. I laugh at him even harder, knowing that he’s not putting it on not because of the smell, but because he knows it’ll be painful to take off. 

“Please?” I try to hold in my laughter, tilting my head in an attempt to look cute but Baekhyun pretends to look even more disgusted, making me pout. 

“What if it ruins my skin you don’t want to marry me anymore? What if it goes badly and ruins our wedding photos and you have to live with your husband looking extraordinary ugly in photos when he’s supposed to look extraordinarily handsome?” 

I stare at him, brows furrowed and lips pouted in a mock lament. “What if you stopped being a baby, seeing as you’ve used this before and it, surprise surprise, didn’t ruin your skin?” 

Baekhyun chuckles loudly, his loud bellows bouncing from the echoes of the bathroom walls. It’s a surprised laugh – one I love dearly, a sound I treasure from him. 

He walks towards me slowly, cautious of the mask I’m going to put on his skin. He gives up resisting because he sighs deeply and leans his head further down so I can apply the mask with ease. Squealing lightly, I kiss the peach of his cheeks before I apply the mask in a soft thank you, patting the rounded skin gently before getting to work. Taking out the second bunny headband, (it came in a set that I brought as couple items - Baekhyun had refused to wear it the first time we did skincare together, but a few weeks ago I caught him using one on his own: he doesn’t resist anymore) I place it on his head and push back his long locks, smoothing out the baby hairs and sideburns that lie in the way. In concentration, I pout my lips and begin to apply the gooey substance to his already clear skin. It’s not that he needs it to clear up his skin anyway - but as a doctor, you would think he knows the importance of cleaning your skin regularly, but he does not because he very rarely does so, and if he does, it’s out of me sheerly forcing him. 

Around his cupid's bow area, Baekhyun is apparently very ticklish, because he pulls away and lets out a gigantic ing sneeze so I can’t finish the mask and he ruins it.

“Baekhyun, you’ve ruined it!” I exclaim, pulling his face to look at me to find that all of the mask around his nose area has transferred to his shirt, from where he sneezed into the curve of his elbow. “Why did you have to do that?!”

“I sneezed, baby! I couldn’t help it!” 

“Hold it in next time, then!”

“Sure, let me just rupture a hole into my ing pharynx so you can apply a face mask,” he rolls his eyes jokingly, putting his face back in front of mine so I can continue what I was doing. 

“Don’t get all smartass on me. I don’t even know what a pharynx is,” I grumble, reapplying the mask to the areas where he’d rubbed it off. 

“Good thing I’m a doctor and you’re not then, isn’t it?” he returns, mirth across his countenance. In response, I scoop up a slob of the charcoal, and plaster it all across his lips, making him splutter and very quickly go to wipe it off. Cackling, I swipe the back of my acrylic nail across his lips to rid of most of it, awkwardly turning to wash it off under the sink. Between me splashing his lip area with water, Baekhyun asks, “Why am I even marrying you?”

‘“Because you love me, oppa,” I grin, pausing with my hand in the air, pulling away from his face. Rarely do I call him oppa - and mostly when I do it to - but there’s a twinkle in his eye when he hears the honorific and he seems smug, but nevertheless he leans down to place a chaste kiss onto the tip of my nose. 

“You’re going to ruin it again!” 

 

At around midnight, Baekhyun decides that now is an appropriate time to make cup ramen, and forces me to get out of my comfortable position in our bed to get up and accompany him. I huff and puff about it, grovel when he pulls me by my hand to the kitchen, but secretly - I’m hungry too, just too lazy to make my own. So what is better than ramen made by someone else, especially made by my husband-to-be?

Baekhyun stands by the stove, pot over the heat and waiting for the water to boil. He has no shirt on, showing the outline of his back muscles, that are very tempting. Out of an urge, I slide off the stool by the breakfast bar and make my way over to him. Snaking my arms around his toned waist, I snuggle my nose into the bare skin of his back, breathing his lingering smell of cologne - vanilla-ish, one that reminds me of home. Humming softly, he holds onto my forearms for a second, the fabric of his work shirt that’s covering my top half until he lets go, reaching across to open the cupboard that holds the instant food. I don’t let go, simply stretching to my tippy toes to accompany him. 

“How spicy?” he murmurs softly, rummaging through the embarrassing amount of cup ramen that we have to find the one that he wants. 

“I’ll just eat yours, doesn’t matter,” I reply, turning so that my cheek is pressed against his skin, dropping a tiny kiss to the bare skin. He hums in recognition, opening the packaging to the food and going about his business. I don’t pay attention to anything he’s doing, rather, almost fall asleep whilst plastered against his back. Once the noodles are broken half and the lid is on the pot, Baekhyun’s hands return to my forearms, grazing the pads of his fingers across my arms. Lightly, he hums to a song that I don’t recognise. 

“Three days,” he speaks softly, gently as if he’s scared to not wake me up. Though it seems recently I’m hyper-aware of everything Baekhyun does - he could wake up for a minuscule second, and within seconds, I’d naturally wake up too. 

“Are you excited?” My eyes stay closed, though I’m still curious and wide awake. Recently, we’ve been so busy that we haven’t really had the time to speak more about the wedding, much less how we feel. For the next three weeks, Baekhyun and I have no commitments, save our honeymoon two days after our wedding. 

“I’m excited to see you,” he lifts the lid to the pot, stirring the noodles, “you’re going to look so beautiful.”

“I’ve never seen you in a proper suit before,” I tighten my grip around his waist a little. Opening my eyes, I stand on the tips of my toes so my chin is perched on his shoulder and I can oversee him cooking our food. It’s a little uncomfy, but nonetheless, I drop a soft kiss onto the crook of his neck, making him laugh a little at the hypersensitivity, especially from the hickeys that lie there from hours ago. “You’re going to outshine me, with your hair all long and styled and your skin glowing.” 

“I could never,” he turns off the stove once the water is boiling and noodles are cooked through, reaching for the plastic grip so he can pull it up and place it in the middle of the table, “are you going to let go of me yet?”

“I’m comfy, though.” 

“Let me put this on the table and you can sit on my lap, babe,” he pats my arm and I reluctantly let go of him, with a sleepy whine and a final squeeze. With a swift motion, the hot saucepan is on the table, and Baekhyun is sat on the dining chair. Holding his arms out to me, I shift about so I’m sat with my bum on his thigh and legs facing sideways over his, leaning my neck into the crook of his neck. Feeling comfortable, I let out a sigh of content. As we wait for the food to cool, Baekhyun fiddles with the ring on my finger, leaning his cheek on the top of my head. 

“Did you see Sehun’s instagram post earlier?” I suddenly remember, tilting my head up to face Baekhyun. He shakes his head in a no, before he leans over slightly with the chopsticks, leaning forward carefully not to push me but to grab some food. Once he grabs some, he holds them in front of me for me to eat, and I do so with a grin. 

Once I’ve swallowed my mouthful and Baekhyun has got some of his own, I tell him, “I think Junmyeon got his suit ready or something, because he uploaded a picture of him in a suit, face cut off and captioned it ‘he looks better than me in a suit who'd've thought it was possible’.” 

“That’s very… Sehun,” Baekhyun chuckles against his chopsticks, before reaching over to grab some more food for me. I open my mouth widely for him, and Baekhyun clucks his tongue but feeds me regardless. I scrunch my nose at him in thanks. 

“Has Baekbeom got everything ready yet?” He was waiting for the last minute possible to buy Jaehyun’s little tux for him, because he’s still a growing boy, and didn’t want to risk him not fitting in the suit. Unlike most children, it seems like Jaehyun is extremely excited to get a suit, having giggled at me uncontrollably when I told him he’d ‘look more handsome than his uncle’  in one when I last saw him. 

“Jaehyun facetimed me earlier from hyungs phone. He was showing me his suit and made Baekbeom fil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter