Я Вас Любил, 1830.

Blown Dandelions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  I loved You, 1830     Notes: Flashbacks are in italic words and in a random timeline, means it's not in proper order from the beginning to the ending.

 

❝Every Morning, I reach out to you like a habit...
- CNBlue,  Between Us

 

 

The eternal sound of the light rain constantly knocking the roof of his apartment woke Baekhyun up. He stirred at first, muffling the sound under the soft, warm blanket he pulled up to his face. But as he closed his eyes back, his mind was getting aware of his surrounding, it was useless.  So after a few minutes of pulling himself back into slumber and failed, he decided he couldn’t sleep anymore.

He sat up instead, hands rubbing the remaining drowsiness off his eyes, which wasn’t much. Sooner than he would have liked, he was fully awake now. The digital clock on the table showed that it was nine minutes past eight in the morning, early of autumn.  The sun must have set up in the sky yet Baekhyun found the room still dark. Kicking off his blanket and setting his bare feet on the floor, Baekhyun tried to blindly search for his slippers. When he couldn’t find them, he almost got frustrated and walked to the windows barefooted.

The sky was grey and the rain seemed to last forever when he pulled aside the peach colour curtain. Some drops stick to the window glass and left some fogs when it trailed down ever so slowly. There was no one outside, even the cars were rare and made no sound, swallowed by the rain.

Gloomy weather. And suddenly he felt the same. Damp. There was a heavy feeling in his chest, suffocating him, agonizingly so. He wanted to scream; he wanted to cry for no legit reason. And before he realized, a bead of tears had strolled down his right cheek. He quickly wiped it with the heel of his hand and looked back at his queen size bed. Empty, cold, and felt out of place. As if something was missing. Something he didn’t know what, something he couldn’t see. Yet, he felt it deeply, like a fresh cut inside his chest.

Clutching the front of his thin white tee, he dropped on the floor, back pressing the windowsill as he let the tears falling one by one, perpetually, almost endlessly. The tears without a reason he could name.

Why it’s always like this? Why I always wake up to a strange longing feeling I don’t know of?

 

Я вас любил: любовь еще, быть может

 

Like a habit, he woke up to a feeling of longing he couldn’t put a name on, with pain in his heart and tears in his eyes. It was easier to call it grogginess and think of it as surgery’s side effect.

Baekhyun got back to his real habit, then, slipping on his pink flip-flop and walk to his kitchen with eyes barely opened like he used to. Except for this time, he wasn’t sleepy and he could trail the route down with clear sight. Some furniture started to be coated in dust and the floor needed to be mopped. After breakfast, he told himself, after recalling his first class' schedule that wasn’t until 11 am.

Leaving his phone on the small dinner table, he continued to search for foods in his fridge. He felt like eating cereal today. More like because he had no choice. There was not much left in the fridge; only some eggs, snacks, and frozen milk. No bread left, and no sausage nor bacon either. The brown haired male closed the fridge shut with a pout and made mental note to go grocery shopping soon. A frown formed on his forehead, adding to his sour face when he couldn’t find his box of cereal on the lower shelf. He literally pulled a chair to peek on the upper shelf—because he had tried to tiptoe and jumped a little only to have himself almost fell to the stove—and smiled in relief when he found what he wanted; a box of fruity cereal and a stack of instant ramen. He didn’t plunder much of the idea on how the hell he put the cereal on the top shelf when he knew he couldn’t reach it. Why and how. He was just content to pour a good amount of his favorite star-shaped cereal into the bowl and reached for a mug. A bowl of cereal wouldn’t be complete without a cup of hot chocolate, after all.

Right then, he was forced to halt for a moment.

There were just so much strange things in his apartment lately. Like another toothbrush next to his, or a hoodie and few shirts with size too big on him that he didn’t remember ever buying, he brushed it off as Baekbeom’s, his older brother who occasionally visited and stayed overnight. There were two mugs in his hands now, and they just added to the list of odd things Baekhyun discovered.

They were pristine white, looked so much like couple mugs. One has a large letter ‘G’ printed onto one side with a green monster that looked like hulk on it, the other had letter ‘M’ with a cute yellow character. Baekhyun didn’t understand what G and M meant at all. It was probably one of his old friend’s wedding merchandise. He took the M one and started to pour cocoa and hot water over it.

As he was eating his cereal, he checked his emails and other notifications; he found five missed calls from his mother and quickly checked his inbox, just in case. He was right, there were messages from that woman, asking if he was doing okay, if he had eaten, if he this and if he that.

Everything’s okay mom, he typed his reply quickly while putting a spoon of cereal absentmindedly into his mouth.

That woman (don’t get him wrong, he loved her so) just would never leave him alone. She would check on him at least three times a day. Ever since he returned to his apartment, his mother had been staying over for almost a week before Baekhyun finally able to convince her a few days ago that he was fine, that he wouldn’t slip on the bathroom and accidentally broke his arm for the second time or whatsoever.

Exiting from his inbox, Baekhyun found not many other notifications, joining his classmates’ chat in Line didn’t feel like an exciting option at the moment and his Instagram was empty since he hadn’t updated anything for such a long time. So he went to his gallery instead. He just had nothing better to do, maybe deciding which pictures he had to delete wouldn’t be a bad idea. Most pictures were personal, more than half of them were just his selcas and the rest were random scenery pictures and few photos he took with his circle of friends, mostly Jongdae, Kyungsoo or other classmates. However, just when he was about to close the gallery and threw his phone back to the edge of the table, a man, a tall man he didn’t recognize, standing close to him in one of the pictures caught his attention.

Who is he? Is he Kyungsoo’s friend from another faculty?

His thumb hovered over the screen, zooming the picture and squinting his eyes for a better look. That was when his phone screen went blank for a second before vibrated roughly in his hands. Picture of a boy with big owl eyes looking at him with an intimidating gaze appeared before him.

“Good morning?” Baekhyun picked up the call quickly.

“The first class today moved an hour earlier,” Kyungsoo, his classmates that he shared most classes with announced, straight to the point.

“What?!”

“Mr Kim demanded so. Ouch, there’s not much time left I need to take a bath, bye, Baekhyun. Don’t come late!”

“Yah! Kyungsoo, wait—“

The call had been ended. Baekhyun looked down at his unfinished cereal and sighed. Cleaning apartment could wait for another day.

 

 

Baekhyun was running late. He shoved the pile of his assignment papers due today along with his pencils to his backpack and put on a cap, almost stumbled in his haste to reach the door. He mentally cursed the idea of using sneakers with shoelaces as he wasted almost a couple of minutes trying to tie his shoes and another minute fumbling with the rusty keys—his cheap old apartment still use traditional keys as Baekhyun didn’t have time and money yet to replace it with a digital door lock. There were many keys bound together and in his panic, Baekhyun just couldn’t remember which one was for the front door.

He rushed along the narrow almost empty corridor of the apartment building he rented, only slowing down once he met the stairs. It was a four stories building, no lift whatsoever. And Baekhyun cursed his luck as he lived staircase. This was the reason why his legs getting big, he’d like to think.in the top floor and must climb down three sets of

He had half a mind to sit his on the handrail and pushed himself down as if it was some slide in kids’ playground but cancelled it on last minute. Risking to break a leg for his Calculus lecturer didn’t feel worth it after all. So he ran down, only forced to halt halfway when a figure, a tall figure stood his way.

Baekhyun in instant moved to the left where it was empty only to have the stranger moved the same way at the same time. He swiftly stepped to his right and the stranger did it too. It was as if they always had the same plan and at the precise time as well. Baekhyun almost grunted. He didn’t know whether to step to his left or right, didn’t know which one the tall figure might take. It made him stood in the middle, confused. Even that, the stranger did too, both died on their movements.

“Look, do you want to take left or right?” Baekhyun finally spoke up after wasting almost a good half minute waiting for the other to move as he pleases first, but he didn’t.

The tall figure (he looked tall even as Baekhyun stood two stairs above) let out a sheepish chuckle and brushed his nape. The smile he flashed was all natural pearly teeth. So wide and a little too kind.

“I’ll let you pass first,” he said, gesturing for Baekhyun to take whichever the way he wished, to which Baekhyun nodded and didn’t waste more time to continue making his way down. He was in a rush, after all.

“Hey!”

Only two steps and he heard the same rumbling deep voice again behind him. Assuming that no one else around to be the possibility of whom the stranger talked to, Baekhyun turned around. The lamp pole was looking down at him.

“You forgot to zip your bag.”

Oh! He looked at his bag and cursed again for the nth time that morning. Just why his life couldn’t be perfect?! And this morning was the worst above all. He quickly pulled the zipper up and without a word, turning on his heel. Mr Kim was such a strict old cruel creature who wouldn’t hesitate to beat him in the if he ever showed up late.

“Hey!”

The stranger called again and Baekhyun almost lost it. Instead, he tried to calm himself and looked back. That all-teeth smile greeted him again.

“Do you live upstairs?”

“Hm.”

“Great! I will be leaving there too. I just move in today—“

Why did he keep talking? I’m running late! Can’t he see?!!!

“So nice to meet you, umm—-“

“Baekhyun.”

“Oh! Nice to meet you, Baekhyun. I’m Ch—“

He didn’t hear the rest as he already rushed off to campus.

 

 

Baekhyun ran down the stairs, fingertips brushing lightly on the handrail. He was not going to run late again this time or he would get scolded in front of the class.

He halted midway, suddenly remembering that his bag was still ped. He zipped it quickly and checked for his shoelaces, perfectly tied. He knew he was so forgetful of such kinds of stuff. And there was as if, this was weird to say, but it was as if… as if there were constants reminders in his head. A strange yet oddly familiar voice he couldn’t quiet grasps to whom it belonged.

“Hey!” Came that voice.

Baekhyun quickly spun on his heel and looked behind him to the stairs up, expecting something he didn’t know what.

Empty. Nothing. There was nothing there.

The brunette unconsciously clenched a fist beside him, just like the clenching of the invisible hand somewhere inside his chest now. Shrugging the weird feeling off, he quickly climbed down the stairs again.

He was not going to come late to class.

 

 

 

В душе моей угасла не совсем

 

Five minutes after the class ended, Baekhyun slipped out of the class with a backpack slung on one shoulder and a thick book of Statistic pressed against his chest. Kyungsoo had abruptly left once the Professor walked out, for he had another class to pursue. It left Baekhyun alone for the first time since he went back to university. Many of the students had poured out into the corridor, more than half of them went in the direction of the university's cafeteria, he followed along.

The cafeteria was loud as usual, full of chatters, students filled the tables, some walking around with foods and drinks, some even with foods, drinks, and textbooks. Baekhyun scanned around the huge four corner walls, of rather stranger faces quickly before skipped his way toward a familiar face. Jongdae, his friend from high school who he also shared two classes with was standing alone on the very edge of a short queue for some coffee.

Tapping the said male on the shoulder abruptly, he succeeded to startle Jongdae, who almost jumped and sent flying bag right across his face.

“Baekhyun!!! You almost gave me a heart attack!”

“Sorry,” Baekhyun grinned, making a peace sign with an innocent smile etched upon his lips. That melted Jongdae, somehow, Baekhyun could tell how the former changed his horrified and slightly angry expression into a grin.

“You are coming back to school today!” Exclaimed Jongdae, hand reaching out for a scrap of bandage on Baekhyun’s left forehead. “Are you okay now?”

Baekhyun flinched at the touch, making Jongdae retreated his hand and apologized. The last time he saw Baekhyun, the male was getting a full bandage on his head and cast on his left arm, lying helplessly on the hospital bed. And it was like two weeks ago.

“The sewing here not fully dry yet,” Baekhyun explained. Then as if he forgot the real question, he added. “I’m good. I’ve been coming to school for almost a week now.”

“Ah, why didn’t you tell me?!”

“You didn’t come to English class, though.”

“Oh, right. But don’t blame me, the class is boring and I feel like folding my tongue trying to English myself. And you didn’t come to class too for two weeks I was so bored! You should just tell me you know!”  He hit Baekhyun on the arm like he used to do. This time, Baekhyun squealed in a painful tone. Jongdae paled and quickly caresses the spot he hit as if it could undo his previous action. He totally forgot that Baekhyun was still hurt. “I didn’t hit that hard did I?”

Less than a month ago, Jongdae and their whole circle of friends, even other students who just knew Baekhyun by name or face got shocked to hear the news; Baekhyun got involved in a fatal accident; smashed by a truck, rumour said. He was put into coma for straight two days and it was a miracle he was standing before him now, looked unblemished minus for the small bandage on his head and some visible scars across his arms.

After a moment of silence, Baekhyun let out his giggle. “Woah you should look at your face! You were pale!”

“Baekhyun!!! You shouldn’t joke like that!”

Jongdae’s rage should have looked scary, with his eyes widened in a treat, if not for the twitch of his lips that gave away that. Baekhyun laughed and hooked his arm to that best friend of his.

“Come on, Dae! I know you love me.”

It was their turn in front of the counter. The young lady not much older than them smiled warmly, asking for their orders.

“I’ll have… Vietnamese Iced Coffee,” Jongdae said after looking at the menu board above. “And you, Baek?”

He nudged on the said male’s elbow, who was distracted by something in his phone, scrolling down his newsfeed. “I want one cup of Iced Caramel Macchiato with more milk and just a little caramel, and one Iced Americano, please.”

“You buy two coffees for yourself?”

At that, Baekhyun looked up. Why did he want to buy two big cups of coffee again? He wasn’t even that fond of coffee in the first place.

“Ah’ I mean I just want a Caramel Macchiato!” he quickly corrected, and wondered, since when he liked Americano? It tasted bitter and he didn’t like it.

But why it felt like something I used to buy?

 

 

Two cups of iced coffee; one was the colour of chocolate and white milk that hadn’t mixed completely, the other one was pure black coffee, appeared on Baekhyun’s line of sight.

“One caramel macchiato with lots of milk for Baekhyunnie, and one Americano for me.”

Holding both coffees were a pair of huge hands to match a huge grin of a huge man before him. Baekhyun literally had to look up to have a proper view. His own smile escaping his lips the moment he saw his favourite giant giving him his favourite coffee which he quickly took.

“You surprised me! I thought you have class around these hours?”

“The class is cancelled,” the guy took a seat right next to Baekhyun. It was a long bench on the campus green area, but the male took it too close, joined their hips together while there was so much space on the other side. Baekhyun flinched slightly as he was getting aware of many students around. So he tried to focus back on the textbook on his laps.

“Where're your friends? Sehun? Jongin?”

“Hanging out somewhere. They told me to come, but I refused.”

When he turned his head to have a look at the man. The said one was already staring at him, a little too deep for it to look friendly.

“Chanyeol…”

“I miss you,” Chanyeol said again, in almost a whisper this time. Yet Baekhyun couldn’t help but looked around and wet his lips, afraid that someone he knew might catch them.

He gulped back the ‘I miss you too’ he had on the tip of his tongue. Instead, he sipped on his macchiato and let silence settled between them. Even the sweet drink couldn’t wash away the bitter of the words unsaid.

“Are you going to class?”

Still sipping his coffee, Baekhyun hummed as an answer.

“I’m going to the library. Wanna walk together?”

It shouldn’t be a question. Baekhyun watched other couple, boys and girls holding hands together, sometimes the girls would lean on their boyfriend’s shoulder. But they weren’t part of them, of the normalcy people claimed to be, where they could do what they liked and people would just accept. But they weren’t one of them even if he wished.

He should’ve felt enough, them walking together. Steps by steps fell into a rhythm, with Chanyeol had to slow down and shortened his steps to match Baekhyun’s. They walked side by side, so close that their fingers occasionally brushed together.

Baekhyun looked at the man by his side, busy sipping his iced Americano. Despite his handsome side profile, he had his brows slightly knitted, and Baekhyun didn’t have to be a mind-reader to know. He knew the man like the back of his hand. And he felt it too.

How their hands were itching to hold each other.

 

Но пусть она вас больше не тревожит;

 

“Giant,” Baekhyun judged, not for the first time, as he racked his eyes up and down the taller’s abnormally tall, well-built body. From his big feet, long lanky legs, big arms, big hands, and, of course, big ears. Everything about the male was just big, huge even.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol sighed, not for the first time in that week either. “All you have to do is accepting the fact that you are the one who needs more growing up.”

“I’m so not! Excuse you!” Yelled Baekhyun defensively, small eyes glaring at Chanyeol in what he hoped was intimidating look. It turned out amusing on Chanyeol’s receiving end.

“Minion,” he murmured.

Baekhyun snapped his chin up. Chanyeol, on contrary, seemed relaxed, he had that smile again grazing upon his lips, not a kind of smirk but it was all the same. Both were sprawled on the floor after intense rounds of Battleground. Chanyeol won once, only once, much to Baekhyun’s mercy. Their feet were pressing against the wall, and even there, Baekhyun could see how big their size difference. “What?”

 “Minion,” Chanyeol said it out loud now. Seeing Baekhyun knitting his eyebrows, he spoke up, not before pointing out the yellow shirt Baekhyun was wearing. “You are small and yellow. You know, the movie. Minion.”

Baekhyun frowned. “But- but I’m not that small! And minion is—“

“Even your voice suits them! High-pitched and all.”

“Did you just insult my voice?!” He had that angry pouty face. It was adorable, whether he knew it or not.

“It wasn’t-“

“You just did!”

“I didn’t!”

“You just did, Giant! Look, if you want to fight me that bad, you should just say it!” He sat up and rolled his sleeves to his shoulder, ready to fight the bigger man. “Isn’t lost in battleground five times enough for you? Do you want a real fight? Yah I may look small for you but I practised hapkido when I was at school you know. I can punch your-“

Chanyeol kissed him then. It was only a peck brushing his lips, so brief Baekhyun questioned if it was really there. But it was there, he could still feel the warm moist on his lips, and the faint smell of minty bubblegum Chanyeol was chewing lingered. Baekhyun ghostly brushed his fingers upon his own lips and looked at Chanyeol, who looked back at him with a mortified expression.

“I- you talked too much!” Chanyeol reasoned. As if it made sense.

They were friends, the bestest, neighbours slash partners in crime. And friends didn’t kiss each other.

Then, as a poor attempt to break the sudden awkward silence between them, Chanyeol laughed so loud, and weird at that. His eyes twinkling yet his face was still pale.

“I forgot that I have an exam tomorrow!” He was quick to stand up and gathered back his stuff: backpack, few books, a cap and a couple of washed socks Baekhyun borrowed yesterday. He piled them all in his arms and stumbled for the door.

“See you later!” he exclaimed before closing the door shut. Then, as if an afterthought, he opened the door again and let his head peek in, grinning, “… Minion.”

And then he was gone, yet his black Supreme hoodie stayed.

 

Но пусть она вас больше не тревожит

 

 “Baekhyun?”

A shake on his shoulder snapped the brunette back to reality. He looked at Jongdae who was peering at him curiously, the straw of banana milkshake he was holding was in between his lips. It was their ritual, hanging out after the English class or Management System they shared. Most of the times, there were many more friends would be around, given out the fact that Jongdae was a social butterfly, the clown of the groups with all his boisterous laughter and silly jokes. When he pulled out Baekhyun’s diva mode and cheery personality, they could make a group of two people sounded like ten.

Today, though, Baekhyun looked different. Actually, not only today, Jongdae had thought. Ever since Baekhyun got out of the hospital, told everyone that he was fine and laughed that rectangular laugh like usual, there was something felt off. Like the sadness he radiated every time he didn’t open his mouth or every moment he looked at anything and nothing. Jongdae didn’t know what was wrong.

“You were spacing out,” he pointed out.

Baekhyun tore his eyes off a girl with a bright yellow t-shirt and blue jeans. Summer had faded but seemed like she still brought that vibe along with her, it was not bad. It was just… there was something about her that made Baekhyun wondered. Wasn’t something related to her face, or the way she laughed at her friends’ joke. Could it be her yellow t-shirt?

Upon realizing that Jongdae followed where his eyes went, he quickly waved it off and rubs his nape. “Ah I’m sorry, what were you saying again?”

Jongdae sighed. “Forget it. Are you okay?”

Baekhyun hummed, then grabbed the smoothie he had abandoned. Eyes fell to the girl across the table again.

What is it about her and her yellow t-shirt?

“Do you like her?” Jongdae nudged him by the elbow, eyebrows wiggling in anticipation, which soon Baekhyun turned down with a glare.

“It’s not like that. Honestly,” he chewed on the straw of his smoothie, contemplating whether he should tell it or not. The impatient look and over curious on Jongdae’s face made him chose the former.

“Honestly, I keep having nightmares-“

“Nightmares? What nightmares?”

Baekhyun looked down at his food and picked up his chopsticks without actually eating black bean noodle in front of him.

“I don’t know. I forgot every time I wake up,” he closed his mouth and then opened it again as if to say something, yet nothing come. He didn’t even know how to explain what he felt right now.

But Jongdae kept waiting.

“Jongdae, do you know what I’m missing?”

“Missing? Hmm, class?” Baekhyun glares, he was about to cut it off when Jongdae beat him to it. “Date? I mean you never date in your life, not that I know of.”

Date?

“Date?”

“Hmm as in going on a date, watching a movie with a pretty girl and stuff and then kiss her in the car,” Jongdae shrugged. When he saw the sparkles in Baekhyun’s eyes, the male chuckled. “Want me to set you up on some blind dates? I know many available ladies here, and they are not bad, I promise.”

 

 

And that was how Baekhyun ended up perfecting his appearance in front of the mirror less than a week later. All nasty bandages had been removed from his head, the cast on his elbow had long since gone too, leaving a dry sewing scar there. Baekhyun covered it by wearing a long sleeves shirt. He styled his hair up, using a good amount of gel to make it look awesome, spread perfume on his shirt—it was a soft fragrance of flowers, his favorite—and wore a new wristwatch.

Nothing troubled him on the way; his alarm clock worked on time, the keys didn’t confuse him today and his shoelaces he could compromise with to be good obedient shoelaces they were.

 

To: +821-023-xxxx

I’m on my way.

 

He clicked send button while walking out his unit and strolled down the almost-always empty corridor. Last night, Jongdae sent him his blind-date partner’s number. She was cheerful, texted a lot and often Baekhyun's phone almost never got a rest. She also used lots of emoji just like Baekhyun used to do. This time, Baekhyun left those emojis and shortened his texts. No reason, it just didn’t feel right.

And then his strides stopped. Automatically. Out of his conscious state.

It wasn’t the first time. Apparently, it happened almost every time. Every time he walked through the corridor of his rusty apartment while checking his phone, or his books, or his bag, he would sometimes unconsciously halted in front of a door. Like today. He looked at the familiar door, couldn’t figure out who was living there, it always been closed, never had he seen anyone going of coming through the door, probably no one ever lived there in the first place.

Baekhyun stared at the Star Wars characters stickers on the door, faded and scratched. The now ugly stickers which once probably was bright in colour gave him a strange tingle in his stomach the more he looked at it.

The buzz of his phone got Baekhyun’s attention back.

 

From: +821-023- xxxx

Woah I’m still 2 figure out what dress should I wear >,< pink or yellow? tryinPlz tell me!!! uwu

 

The brunette male glanced at the door again and shrugged his shoulders. He typed ‘yellow’ as a reply on his way down.

 

 

The girl Jongdae set him up with was all he described to that friend of his as ideal type. She was cute, with cute height that only reached Baekhyun’s ear, small face dotted by small nose and cherry lips. And her hair, curly blonde fell on the back of her flowery white and yellow dress. Her smile was pleasant to look upon as well. It was a plus point that even her voice was suited her, chirping in Baekhyun’s ears.

“Hello, I’m Yerim,” she introduced herself, smile so wide carved across her face.

Baekhyun shook her hand and pulled a chair for her like gentlemen should do. “I- I’m Baekhyun.”

“I know you, Sunbae,” the girl giggled cheerfully. “Jongdae Oppa told me about you a lot!”

“Oh, I hope it’s not bad things. Let’s order first?”

. Their conversation went Chicken Steak. Baekhyun chose Risotto for his dinner and Yerim was content with They settled with strawberry juices for both, as they found it was their common smooth after that. He discovered that she was his junior for two years and they were in the same faculty. They talked about the lectures and made fun of some scary lecturers, they found puppies are the cutest things on earth and that London was the ultimate city to visit if they go to Europe instead of Paris. They even shared the same belief that 'aliens do exist', they lived ionMars and no, they didn’t breathe oxygen.favourite

They laughed every now and then between the conversation then. Baekhyun took her plate and chopped her steak for her when she clumsily failed to do so. And then they’d talk again.

But between similar hobbies and common interests, something felt off. Something didn’t feel right and Baekhyun didn’t know what it was.

 

 

“Aliens must be living in Mercury.”

“What the ?!” Baekhyun almost burst the rice out of his mouth and stared at the male in front of him like he was lunatic, well, he most likely was. His friends often called him crazy and autistic for his behaviour. But this guy before him clearly was beyond that.

“What makes you think so?”

Chanyeol took his sweet time putting another slice of meat and vegetable leaf into his mouth, chewing and only spoke up again after he finished swallowing them all.

“Well, Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun.”

“And?” Baekhyun quirked his eyebrow. Chanyeol just didn’t make sense! So what if mercury was the closest to the Sun? It didn’t make his new theory acceptable even a slight bit.

“Aliens must be living there.”

“It doesn’t make sense, you idiot! Aliens don’t like Sun! They like coldness and darkness!”

“How do you know? Are you one of them?”

Chanyeol squinted, looking around as if he was in some sort of The Black Suit movie. Baekhyun could only roll his eyes, this useless debate was just draining his energy. Deeming he needed more energy to beat Chanyeol up for their next irrational words war, Baekhyun took another piece of meat using his chopstick. This time, he took it right from the grill, the grease was still sizzling.

“Yah, Be careful-“

Too late. Chanyeol was a half-second late to give the warning and Baekhyun a half-second late from realizing. The meat burnt his tongue and he huffed his cheeks, trying to keep the meat inside altogether with his instinct to spit it out. He was flailing his arms looking for drink and Chanyeol, with all his haste pour him orange juice and rubbed his back while Baekhyun drank.

The look of worried and annoying ‘told you’ was evident on his expression as Baekhyun busy sticking his tongu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter