One Weekend 2: Weird. Has It Always Been…?

Those Extras the Maknaes Bring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This is a total work of fiction. Nothing stated here is true unless otherwise stated.)

 

I groaned at the fact that my brain is playing tricks with me again. Isn’t it enough that I’m already bad at directions when I’m awake? Does it still have to happen in my dreams?

Wait, am I really dreaming?

As if I was heard by something, an answer came in the form of a hard object that poked my back causing me to bolt upright- it was my mini fan. Still unconvinced of my consciousness, I pinched myself and I couldn’t be more certain as another “ouch” got out of my lips. If I wasn’t awake before that, then I’m sure I am now.

Just how hard did I pinch myself?

“Has Sowon unnie’s room always been there?” I wondered in confusion as I could hear a faint conversation from the room at the right of mine- mine and Eunha’s actually as we share a room if you haven’t known. It wasn’t a conversation really as I could just hear our leader’s voice.

“Let me.” I’m surer than ever that it’s her.

“Eunbi, please talk to unnie, hmmm?” Eunha must be sulking for Sowon unnie to plead like that.

But wait, am I really that dumb with directions that I’ve always believed that our unnies’ room was actually on the left side of ours and just realized that it’s on the opposite, now? I’m not inside a dream right?

Maybe my audio perception is failing me. That must be it.

“Can I make it up to you?” No, it’s not my ears. I’m sure it came from the right.

Ah, whatever! I’m hungry. Who cares whose room is where? I’ll just check it out later when I’m in my right mind- when my biotic stomach friends would stop adding to my already rumbling mind, a rumbling set of internal organs.

I didn’t bother fixing myself and just got out of my room seeing it’s already dark outside. We should be fixing dinner by now and knowing that Eunha and Sowon unnie are occupied with their lovers’ quarrel, I figured Yerin unnie might be doing all kitchen things alone. Who cares about bed hair when hungry, anyway?

The moment I was outside our room, I carefully checked which way to our kitchen- not that I’m afraid I’d get lost inside our own dorm, no, I am very well acquainted with every hall and wall inside our living space. It’s just that, right now, I can’t expect myself to rely on my familiarity. Who would when they woke up confused?

I dragged my feet to the kitchen trailing after the aroma of food inviting me. It was like I was hypnotized.

“You’re up on time!” Yerin unnie greeted me with her cheerful glee, setting the dining table. “Dinner is ready, you might want to fix yourself a li’l bit first. You don’t want food to run away from you, would you?”

“You’re done cooking unnie?” I stared at her wide-eyed. “What time is it?” I’m sure I didn’t sleep that long and as far as I could remember, no one was up when I arrived home and it was almost six in the evening.

“A little after seven I think. Eunha did the cooking, now fix yourself we can manage here.”

I turned to get back to my room to fix my hair. Of course, bed hair matters for Yerin unnie. “You should be graceful when you face your meal,” she once said to us which Sowon unnie strongly seconded.

“Wait, what? Eunha did?” I turned back to Yerin unnie now with a tray of food in her hands.

“Eung!”

Did I hear her right? Puzzled, I took a glance at the room beside mine, where I heard Sowon unnie’s voice earlier. There, Umji went out from the door and that’s when it came to me.

“Oh, we have two Eunbis in the house.” I slapped my head for my absentmindedness.

“Eh?” That was Eunha with a bowl of soup on a tray.

“Ah, eh, nothing.” I skipped to my room to quickly fix myself.

“Who did you forget this time, unnie?” of course, no one could get away from Kim Yewon’s savage ears. How did she manage to hear my remark when even Eunha and Yerin unnie didn’t? I tried my best to play deaf and just continued to my room.

                “Wow, unnie. When did you prepare all these?” Huh, good thing food distracted her.

***

                Dinner is served.

We took our usual seat around the table. Oh wait, it isn’t usual for Eunha to sit beside Umji, she usually sits beside me but now we are sitting across each other. And how come Sinb’s the one here? Hmm. Don’t tell me I’m just bad with directions, I know how we are always seated. I’m not that poor headed, really.

Let me give you a picture of how we are seated at the moment. Sowon unnie and Yerin unnie are at the opposite heads of the table. Sinb and Umji sat across each other by Sowon unnie’s end, Umji on her right. On the other while, I and Eunha sat by Yerin unnie’s right and left respectively. The usual would actually be Sinb and Eunha switching their places.

I eyed Eunha a glance which she caught and just smiled focusing her attention then again on the steak she has- carefully slicing it. I saw it was almost well-done. That’s odd, Eunha always likes her steak medium-rare.

“It’s supposed to be red meat, not brown.” She once whined when Sowon unnie slapped her hand from getting the steak off the grill when it’s not yet to our leader’s liking.

Anyways, my confusion was short-lived when she lifted her plate, grabbing the maknae’s plate who wears the same confusion as I have and settled it before her.

“Anything wrong Muji?” she asked as the maknae just eyed her still puzzled, a question in her eyes.

“Why is everyone having rice but me, unnie?” I glanced around the table and true enough, everyone has a small bowl of rice except Umji. But, if I’m not mistaken, Umji never eats rice at dinner.

“Oh, I thought you won’t eat rice since you haven’t been eating them at dinner. Would you like some? I’m sorry I should’ve asked beforehand.” Eunha rambled as she got up from her seat and made her way to the kitchen. I just focused myself to the soup I’m slurping though my head’s still asking, “What’s with these things tonight?”

“Thanks unnie. It’s my cheat day since you cooked.” Umji called after Eunha, a smile finally adorned her cute face.

“Speaking of cheat, I almost forgot something.” That was Sowon unnie who gave her plate to Sinb, gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter