Korean Elitists Club

Fonder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 | Korean Elitists Club

The world we live in always had its caste system. There’s always someone much better than someone. Fancy cars, eight-figure bank accounts, spacious mansions, are what simple people would always dream of. But for mere instances, some people are just born with it.

A special cluster of people both from influential and rich clans of Korea have gathered and founded Korean Elitists Club after the Korean colonial period. The golden rule of its membership is before reaching the age of twenty-seven, they would have to choose someone from the club to marry. If someone chooses to marry outside of the club, then the member would be forced to leave the club and will be apprehended by getting their family name as an outcast and be banned with any business trades or partnerships from the rest of the members.

Bae Joohyun is turning twenty-seven soon. A month to be exact. It is a ticking deadline she dreads every time she’d hear people gossip about it. She still hasn’t found anyone from the club she wants to marry. She is stuck in this all-or-nothing game.

It’s not like she hasn’t been asked by anyone. In fact, she has been asked so many times that she is annoyed that she has to marry someone for the sake of being elite and keeping to run the family business.

The Bae family has been the first to invest in making cars. Bae Motors was founded in the late 1960s and turned into the multinational automotive manufacturer that it is today. Both daughters, Joohyun and Suji, have been hands-on in running the business. Both of them are expected to marry according to the same elitist standard.

“Unnie, you’re trying to be really picky with whom you want to marry. You’re already old and you need someone to get laid with.” Suji sits at the bar island beside her sister ordering the same thing she has been ordering since they sat today.

“I just don’t get why I should marry someone I don’t love. Just this time, I want to rebel and do what I want.” Joohyun sips her martini. It may be the alcohol buzz but she’s pretty sure she wants to do something other than what her dad wants her to do. She orders another round.

“Unnie, if you don’t marry anyone from here soon, I won’t get my chance to marry anyone from the club. We’ll be kicked out for sure. And dad wouldn’t w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter